Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 608,795 Views
  • 17,722 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tarekthefreak
Tarekthefreak
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-10 22:05:17 Reply

I guess I need to get scouted first for my art to appear in the art portal? Thats weird.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-10 23:40:30 Reply

At 6/10/14 10:05 PM, Tarekthefreak wrote: I guess I need to get scouted first for my art to appear in the art portal? Thats weird.

Yes, it's a way to control the art portal. You can read all about it in this nifty guide.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-11 09:58:54 Reply

At 6/10/14 11:40 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 6/10/14 10:05 PM, Tarekthefreak wrote: I guess I need to get scouted first for my art to appear in the art portal? Thats weird.
Yes, it's a way to control the art portal. You can read all about it in this nifty guide.

man I haven't scouted anyone in a long time..

also sup guys. it's been a while since I've been here.. since then I've had my art in galleries and am participating in NUITROSE, a big toronto night exhibit happening during world pride.. should be fun!

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 00:56:43 Reply

Doubt any of you have any experience with this seeing as the bulk of you are digital but here goes nothing.

I'm having a weird problem with my current drawing. The paper has acquired/absorbed/been cursed with/manifested a strange smell. Its making my whole room stink. Its a giant sheet of arches paper and I have never had this problem before. I know paper can go moldy and it has been pretty humid in my room this spring, but still, I dont see any mold or anything.

Anyone ever had any thing similar happen? Solutions? Suggestions? The drawing is too far along to just abandon ship and get another sheet. Its also not far along enough to spray with fixative to possibly kill the smell. Also spraying anything else on it will probably kill it.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 03:51:42 Reply

At 6/12/14 12:56 AM, ornery wrote: Doubt any of you have any experience with this seeing as the bulk of you are digital...

Bleep-bloop blip 10110100

(Put it in the oven? That might ruin the paper though...)


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 04:54:52 Reply

At 6/12/14 12:56 AM, ornery wrote: Its a giant sheet of arches paper and I have never had this problem before. I know paper can go moldy and it has been pretty humid in my room this spring, but still, I dont see any mold or anything.

I would suppose you would treat it in the same way as a moldy book.
Put something with it to absorb moisture, like rice,
or put it with fabric softener sheets inside a sealed bag to absorb the smell.


BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 09:52:09 Reply

At 6/12/14 04:54 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I would suppose you would treat it in the same way as a moldy book.
Put something with it to absorb moisture, like rice,
or put it with fabric softener sheets inside a sealed bag to absorb the smell.

Some of those methods would possibly work, if the paper wasnt 8 feet long...

I think I'll just crank through this drawing and get it done to get it out of the way. Like i said, I dont see any evidence of mildew other than a weird smell.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 12:43:29 Reply

Dropping this link here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9HZSMHKQY

Filippo Perini on the design of the Lamborghini Aventador, if you're into mecha design or cars have a look.

Art Forum Lounge

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-13 14:24:26 Reply

Ended up having to take the drawing down and scrap it. Smell got too bad. Going to seal up and better protect my other large pieces as well so they dont meet the same fate.

Well there is a few months work gone unless i can find someway to deodorize it. I still have it in case that day ever comes but its wrapped up and hidden away for now.

Seriousle
Seriousle
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-13 15:00:59 Reply

At 6/13/14 02:24 PM, ornery wrote: Ended up having to take the drawing down and scrap it. Smell got too bad. Going to seal up and better protect my other large pieces as well so they dont meet the same fate.

Well there is a few months work gone unless i can find someway to deodorize it. I still have it in case that day ever comes but its wrapped up and hidden away for now.

having only ever had this problem once doing water colours in winter, really the only thing i think you can do, is 1 make sure you get is absolutly dry, so a heater/hairdryer/ hot/warm sunny day, 2nd keep it really well ventilated with a good flowing breeze. so outside would be ideal, but honestly, if you have mold on the paper, then there will come issues later in the pictures life rather than just now, as it would have compromised the life of your paper itself :(

if after airing it for a day or 2, making sure its bone dry, you still have the smell then you're honestly up shit creek.
the worst thing you can do atm is to wrap it up or place it in some plastic in a dark spot, thats going to royally fuck your paper if it is infact mold

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-13 15:48:43 Reply

At 6/13/14 03:00 PM, Seriousle wrote: having only ever had this problem once doing water colours in winter, really the only thing i think you can do, is 1 make sure you get is absolutly dry, so a heater/hairdryer/ hot/warm sunny day, 2nd keep it really well ventilated with a good flowing breeze. so outside would be ideal, but honestly, if you have mold on the paper, then there will come issues later in the pictures life rather than just now, as it would have compromised the life of your paper itself :(

if after airing it for a day or 2, making sure its bone dry, you still have the smell then you're honestly up shit creek.
the worst thing you can do atm is to wrap it up or place it in some plastic in a dark spot, thats going to royally fuck your paper if it is infact mold

Unfortunately the paper is about 7.5feet long and 4.5 feet tall so airing it out is a bit difficult, plus its been raining cats and dogs for the past 4 days here so drying it out is going to prove difficult. Luckily I dont see any actual mold on it (although it could be hiding in the colored parts). The ironic part, it was a drawing of a decrepit moldy room.

Seriousle
Seriousle
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-14 09:50:56 Reply

At 6/13/14 03:48 PM, ornery wrote: Unfortunately the paper is about 7.5feet long and 4.5 feet tall so airing it out is a bit difficult, plus its been raining cats and dogs for the past 4 days here so drying it out is going to prove difficult. Luckily I dont see any actual mold on it (although it could be hiding in the colored parts). The ironic part, it was a drawing of a decrepit moldy room.

i would then suggest just as soon as possible try and air it out, when the rain clears, hopefully you dont need to waste the paper, i've had to do that once when i messed up a image, its a terrible way to lose money :P

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-14 13:04:42 Reply

At 6/13/14 03:48 PM, ornery wrote: Unfortunately the paper is about 7.5feet long and 4.5 feet tall so airing it out is a bit difficult, plus its been raining cats and dogs for the past 4 days here so drying it out is going to prove difficult.

You could always manually air it out. Just take a hair dryer and go to town. It will take a while and make sure you don't get too close, but it's better than nothing?

Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-15 19:20:50 Reply

Hey! I'm done with graphic design school you guys! Now I can hopefully come back here more often.
I found this funny group of pics about art.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-17 09:47:52 Reply

I miss you all very much and I have a lot of time to waste this summer, so I might start loitering here again.

Also, hi spags. <3<3<3


BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-27 02:42:46 Reply

So I was working on Newgrounds CD art.

Art Forum Lounge


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-08 05:55:16 Reply

So when I look around the internet I see master studies are being praised and recommended a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experiences doing master studies, and if you could tell me how it's helpful for personal improvement?


BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-08 11:08:07 Reply

At 7/8/14 05:55 AM, Havegum wrote: So when I look around the internet I see master studies are being praised and recommended a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experiences doing master studies, and if you could tell me how it's helpful for personal improvement?

Doesn't have to be a master study, just the act of copying a piece that is already done can be beneficial for getting you to try a style that isn't your usual. The masters help because you can actually research their actual technique and mimic that to learn methods you might not have known. They don't need to be shown because they are just copies, but doing enough of them is hugely useful for learning new styles and methods. Hell, I pretty much learned figure drawing from drawing Prudhon's stuff over and over. Worked better than any class for getting me used to that subject and style.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-17 12:47:32 Reply

Yo, How do you think they made this?

I'm thinking it's maya with a bit of other things thrown into the pot but you know, I'm not so sure, also those motion graphics are pretty hype, wouldn't mind trying some of it out but that's just me.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-17 13:56:20 Reply

At 7/17/14 12:47 PM, M-Maher wrote: Yo, How do you think they made this?

I'm thinking it's maya with a bit of other things thrown into the pot but you know, I'm not so sure, also those motion graphics are pretty hype, wouldn't mind trying some of it out but that's just me.

I know after effects is supposed to have some neat functions with vector animation, and quite a few of those flat things looked like 3d shapes rendered without lightning.

So my guess would be some 3D software, after effects for effects and vector animations, premiere to fit things together, and most definitely a whole bunch of papers full of sketches and ideas.


BBS Signature
theclassybutler
theclassybutler
  • Member since: May. 13, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-04 01:03:47 Reply

Hey guys, what's going on here?

Oh well... In other unrelated news... I have a YouTube channel that will be starting up soon...

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 04:16:17 Reply

The art forum misses you Aigis
And by the art forum I mean my pants
And tests's
Come baaaack <3

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 10:23:17 Reply

Is it me or that you can a notification when somebody mention your name?

like for example....

@TurkeyOnAStick

@Lucky

@Flowers10

@bigjonny13

@Havegum

I wonder mentioning these names will cause a notification?


BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 10:25:50 Reply

@ZaneZansorrow
Yes.


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 10:28:09 Reply

At 8/7/14 10:25 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: @ZaneZansorrow
Yes.

@TurkeyOnAStick

Woah feels weird, I feel like bloody mary xD


BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 10:52:26 Reply

At 8/7/14 10:23 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Is it me or that you can a notification when somebody mention your name?

like for example....

@TurkeyOnAStick

@Lucky

@Flowers10

@bigjonny13

@Havegum

I wonder mentioning these names will cause a notification?

I busy what is it?!

xD


Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 12:44:28 Reply

At 8/7/14 10:52 AM, Flowers10 wrote:
I wonder mentioning these names will cause a notification?
I busy what is it?!

xD

I want a sandwich (an art sandwich! (with no mayo)) D:<


BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 13:31:02 Reply

At 8/7/14 12:44 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 8/7/14 10:52 AM, Flowers10 wrote:
I wonder mentioning these names will cause a notification?
I busy what is it?!

xD
I want a sandwich (an art sandwich! (with no mayo)) D:<

Your mother not feeding you Zane?
I can't let an old friend starve :( even tho im busy.

And im not a woman so no sandwich, have a hotdock with ketchup.
I heard americans love these. bon appetite!

Art Forum Lounge


Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 13:49:02 Reply

At 8/7/14 01:31 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Your mother not feeding you Zane?
I can't let an old friend starve :( even tho im busy.

And im not a woman so no sandwich, have a hotdock with ketchup.
I heard americans love these. bon appetite!

Awwww you must of drop it on the floor! I see a bit of hair on it, well it would be rude to not eat something that you cook.

Hmmm, you must of over microwave it, it's splitting at one end and double bulging at the other end ;rq

Well bon appetite, Om Nom Grhmmmm ehmmm, taste saltier compare with most hotdogs, probably cause you drop it on the floor ;D


BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 14:09:09 Reply

At 8/7/14 01:49 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Well bon appetite, Om Nom Grhmmmm ehmmm, taste saltier compare with most hotdogs, probably cause you drop it on the floor ;D

Glad you enjoyed it:]


Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature