New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-15 19:57:18 Reply

At 10/14/13 07:09 AM, FunnyClown98 wrote: wow KKylimos cool stuff! My favorite -> A Feast for Nurglings on Deviantart :)!

Thanks mate , im glad to hear that! "Feast of Nurglings" is here aswell , you can find it in my gallery^^

At 10/14/13 08:12 AM, argile wrote: I like KKylimos Science Fiction work personally like Internet and Astronaut music single cover

Thanks mate ! Sci-fi is very fun to draw , shiiiiiny O.O

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-17 16:11:41 Reply

Just bought myself a pumpkin yesterday, not sure what to carve into the sucker for Newgrounds.
Anyone have any ideas? I prefer something a little less common, example being what I did last year.

• 2012 Pumpkin - MindChamber
    2012 Pumpkin - MindChamber by bigjonny13

This is my pumpkin for this year. In case you don't recognize it, it's the classic MindChamber logo. Figured I would enter th...

Score
    4.500000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Other
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-20 23:45:23 Reply

GET OFF OF ME ROMANOFF

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-23 15:49:36 Reply

At 10/23/13 10:49 AM, BilalZ wrote: cats? cats.

BI!!!
I thought you left us...

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-23 17:02:05 Reply

At 10/23/13 10:49 AM, BilalZ wrote: cats? cats.

meow

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-27 16:20:22 Reply

Wade baptized me and I have been born anew as Daverom.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-28 00:21:43 Reply

congrats Dave!
May your new name become as sexy as a reminder to me as your old one!

In other news... I backed the Bones II Kickstarter...
and now to wait until next year to get my minis ... Well it at least gives me time to practice up and be on top of my game when they all come in... I'm already drooling over some of the ones and can't wait to paint them.
Better than the last one though, I didn't even hear about it until 3 months after it ended.

So Since I have so discreetly brought up kickstarter, is anyone backing, or have back anything really cool?
Also, any thoughts on the site, or at least its concept?

yes I count indygogo too,

Really what are our community's thoughts on crowd and public funding like this.

I know their are a couple comics and games on there I want to back, if I can just get the money in time.

Since I don't get to create much anymore (stupid fucking all time consuming job... >:( ) I have found myself trying to help other artist much more by buying their creations at art walks or at cons more than I used to. I don't want to lose touch with the artist community, even though I'm currently a graphic designer, because I don't produce as much as I should these days.
I guess my way of still trying to be apart of the art community is to at least try and financially contribute. So, is that a bad thing? Or what.

Sorry for being so random in this post, I have been under a bit of stress lately, and it just felt kind of good to just mention and ask all this. I don't share many of these thoughts in real life because I don't feel the people around me really understand sometimes.

well, to bed, 5:30 comes way too damn early lately...
I hope I have some nice responses by morning, I'll check up on the discussion while I'm at work in hopes it'll keep me from burning the damn place down and blaming it on the photo chemicals getting too hot or something...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-28 06:35:38 Reply

At 10/27/13 04:20 PM, Daverom wrote: Wade baptized me and I have been born anew as Daverom.

What?
DAVE is evolving!

Congratulayions! Your DAVE
evolved into DAVERMON!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-29 01:57:40 Reply

I know it's early, but I was thinking about the next christmas collab.

Yes, orn will crucify me for mentioning this in October, but with the hassle from last year it's worth considering early.

I was hoping to go with an idea that isn't a straight slideshow and is worthwhile both contributing to and watching. I was hoping you guys have somw cook ideas, and I have no problem hosting and assembling the project.

The two I have are
- Advent calendar collab, with slidey panels. Since drawing christmas pics in november is lame, I was thinking either snow or chocolate based theme to the pics.
- Christmas worm. A series of connected pics. So that the pics I done in a short space of time, I was considering splitting the entrants into 3 groups. The first group makes the initial pics, the second uses one side of the previous groups pic to connect up, while the third links the whole project together.

If you have any ideas that are more unique and interesting ( and easy to program) than mine, I'd love to read them.

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-29 02:35:00 Reply

something that comes to mind for the latter is Santa's sleigh being pulled by a whole bunch of whatever kind of creatures.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-29 05:24:19 Reply

At 10/29/13 01:57 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: - Advent calendar collab, with slidey panels. Since drawing christmas pics in november is lame, I was thinking either snow or chocolate based theme to the pics.

I say fuck everything that themes the end of the year around snow and winter.

Check yo Northern Hemisphere privilege!

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-29 05:29:22 Reply

At 10/29/13 02:35 AM, Daverom wrote: something that comes to mind for the latter is Santa's sleigh being pulled by a whole bunch of whatever kind of creatures.

this would be easier to link as you would not have to have the last persons picture to join up, the reason the worm collab took so long was waiting on artists...

I think if you were going to go along the route of the worm style, having a group to do picture 1/3/5/7/9 ect and then having another group to fill the gaps in, of course this may destroy the point as it may end up been pictures joined with mini pictures.

knowing what we are like with deadlines, something that doesn't require waiting on others would be highly appreciated.

also with the sled idea, you could have as many artists as you wanted. just making sure you have a start artist (the sled) and a finish artist (something with a glowy red nose?)

have a guide line to work within (so size dimensions and where the reigns meet so they are consistent and easy to link up)

Im currently all out of ideas, im still looking forward to halloween :D

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-29 08:26:44 Reply

At 10/29/13 05:29 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 10/29/13 02:35 AM, Daverom wrote: something that comes to mind for the latter is Santa's sleigh being pulled by a whole bunch of whatever kind of creatures.
this would be easier to link as you would not have to have the last persons picture to join up, the reason the worm collab took so long was waiting on artists...

The thing is that the creatures idea might as well just be a slideshow, whereas the worm actually takes a degree of puzzling from the author.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-30 01:50:15 Reply

At 10/29/13 08:26 AM, test-object wrote:
At 10/29/13 05:29 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 10/29/13 02:35 AM, Daverom wrote:
The thing is that the creatures idea might as well just be a slideshow, whereas the worm actually takes a degree of puzzling from the author.

Yeah im not too keen on the sligh idea for the same reason - it may as well be a Connected slide show like the red line or totem xollab.
The concept's good, but I hope for an exciting way of showing the work.

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-30 14:27:49 Reply

I want to do some physical trades with people for the holidays, I did last year and it was a blast. Like sending each other prints, paintings, and cute scarves will kawaii Christmas cards attached. Maybe we can do a forum-wide art trade like that. I know shipping might be a problem but we can always pool people into different groups depending on how much they are willing to make/spend.

I'm rich so I don't give a fuck. B)

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-10-31 04:15:47 Reply

At 10/30/13 02:27 PM, Carrion wrote: I want to do some physical trades with people for the holidays...

I'm down to do this, Hombre.

brotdw
brotdw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-01 19:29:23 Reply

I have been off this site for awhile. In fact quite a few years. Technology has changed. In some cases I can't watch some of the content on the site due to a lack of flash support on my mobile tablet. I was wondering if any one knew if I could create art content on my Nexus7 2nd gen tablet and then upload it straight to Newgrounds from there?

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-05 01:47:52 Reply

At 10/29/13 05:24 AM, Aigis wrote: I say fuck everything that themes the end of the year around snow and winter.
Check yo Northern Hemisphere privilege!

Late reply, but what's the point of having a privelege if you can't abuse it?!
Also I'm leaning towards a XMas worm.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-05 16:21:31 Reply

At 11/5/13 01:47 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Late reply, but what's the point of having a privelege if you can't abuse it?!
Also I'm leaning towards a XMas worm.

Is there enough time for that?

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-05 16:42:12 Reply

At 11/5/13 01:47 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Late reply, but what's the point of having a privelege if you can't abuse it?!

Any room for a average talent graphic designer in this Christmas collab :3. Not been in a Christmas collab yet.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-05 19:41:51 Reply

im gay <3<3<3

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 03:11:56 Reply

At 11/5/13 04:21 PM, Aigis wrote: Is there enough time for that?

It's 6 weeks away.

BBS Signature
Little-Eise
Little-Eise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 03:38:27 Reply

At 11/6/13 03:11 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/5/13 04:21 PM, Aigis wrote: Is there enough time for that?
It's 6 weeks away.

Which should be enough time if it gets going within the next week. It's even more doable if you already have someone lined up to program the actual Flash portion of the collaboration while the art's being done.

That said, I'm down for whatever collab idea ends up happening.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 03:48:38 Reply

At 11/6/13 03:11 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: It's 6 weeks away.

Yeah but the problem with a worm is that people can't work simultaneously.

If you wanted, say, 12 people to join, that gives each person three and a half days to do their piece.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 04:48:01 Reply

At 11/6/13 03:48 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 11/6/13 03:11 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: It's 6 weeks away.
Yeah but the problem with a worm is that people can't work simultaneously.
If you wanted, say, 12 people to join, that gives each person three and a half days to do their piece.

I already said how I'd do that.

At 10/29/13 01:57 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

Christmas worm. A series of connected pics. So that the pics I done in a short space of time, I was considering splitting the entrants into 3 groups. The first group makes the initial pics, the second uses one side of the previous groups pic to connect up, while the third links the whole project together.

If you had this much of a problem with a worm project, you should have said earlier.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 07:00:20 Reply

At 11/6/13 04:48 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Christmas worm. A series of connected pics. So that the pics I done in a short space of time, I was considering splitting the entrants into 3 groups. The first group makes the initial pics, the second uses one side of the previous groups pic to connect up, while the third links the whole project together.

If you had this much of a problem with a worm project, you should have said earlier.

if we are going with the worm it should start sooner rather then later... again i don't mind going over them all to make the joins "seamless" like i did with the totem collab...

Give the guys and girls a clear size to work within and sign up thread? throw some teams together and some subs for the drop outs that will appear... and because of the speed this will be moving at anyone whom does disappear off the face of the earth can have the spot filled quickly... so there is no pauses and everything runs smoothly... lets get a time-frame put together so we can clearly see how we are going to use our time... we are currently in November, we don't have much time... (we all know how slow us artists are at times)

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 08:23:23 Reply

At 11/6/13 07:00 AM, LegolaSS wrote: if we are going with the worm it should start sooner rather then later...

Wht are you guys getting the idea that I'm starting this collab on December 23rd?

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 09:59:02 Reply

At 11/5/13 04:21 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 11/5/13 01:47 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Also I'm leaning towards a XMas worm.
Is there enough time for that?

...this made me laugh!

Art Forum Lounge

Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 12:23:01 Reply

At 10/29/13 08:26 AM, test-object wrote: worm
At 10/29/13 01:57 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: - Christmas worm.
At 11/5/13 01:47 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: XMas worm.
At 11/6/13 03:48 AM, Aigis wrote: worm

worms?

Art Forum Lounge

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-11-06 14:59:14 Reply

At 11/6/13 04:48 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: If you had this much of a problem with a worm project, you should have said earlier.

I don't have a problem with it, I was just worried about the logistics of it.

BBS Signature