Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 544,043 Views
  • 17,402 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

372, I'm calling you out here in the lounge because I don't want that kid's thread getting more clusterfucked.
Stop acting like the damn messiah, you're not the saving grace of the world or the art forum's white knight.
Yeah, I have one sentence posts, what's your point? I don't need to write a damn storybook to express my opinions on something, but if an image is worth it, I will give proper feedback.
Stop getting your panties in a knot.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 10:44 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: 372, I'm calling you out here in the lounge because I don't want that kid's thread getting more clusterfucked.
Stop acting like the damn messiah, you're not the saving grace of the world or the art forum's white knight.
Yeah, I have one sentence posts, what's your point? I don't need to write a damn storybook to express my opinions on something, but if an image is worth it, I will give proper feedback.
Stop getting your panties in a knot.

Jonny, you have once again showed me why your my hero and the hero of the Art Forum.
Carry on your glorious bastard! Carry on :'3


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 10:51 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 10:50 PM, Kinsei wrote: Jonny, you have once again showed me why your my hero and the hero of the Art Forum.
Carry on your glorious bastard! Carry on :'3

This ^

I SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THIS SHORT OF A POST
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 10:44 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: 372, I'm calling you out here in the lounge because I don't want that kid's thread getting more clusterfucked.
Stop acting like the damn messiah, you're not the saving grace of the world or the art forum's white knight.
Yeah, I have one sentence posts, what's your point? I don't need to write a damn storybook to express my opinions on something, but if an image is worth it, I will give proper feedback.
Stop getting your panties in a knot.

You don't say anything helpful to anyone, then and act like a total ass. While everyone tries to be constructive and help eachother out you act like a sassy preeteen girl.
How about you learn something about reviewing art before you make thousands of posts on the art forum?
I'm trying to be the messiah? lmfao I'm trying to tell the biggest +1 art form whore to stop acting like a sassy little girl
Which I did
So there you go...

Btw you're art is pretty much tied with that kid you made fun of skill wise.
sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:31 PM Reply

don't have to be davinci to review art bruva


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:42 PM Reply

Yeah all you have to do Is try and actually leave your thoughts about the art
Which he didn't do...he just mocked someone.
I don't get it.. He makes fun of someone looking for advice, I point out it's not necessary and a bandwagon of his internet friends attack me. I was talking to him. Not any of you lol.
People come here to discuss working on and improving a skill. Go to the general if you want to just be a dick.

Art Forum Lounge

sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:42 PM, 372 wrote: Yeah all you have to do Is try and actually leave your thoughts about the art
Which he didn't do...he just mocked someone.
I don't get it.. He makes fun of someone looking for advice, I point out it's not necessary and a bandwagon of his internet friends attack me. I was talking to him. Not any of you lol.
People come here to discuss working on and improving a skill. Go to the general if you want to just be a dick.

holy shit dude, calm down man. Why are you flipping out over something that had nothing to do with you?and like ridiculing people and shit, that's not cool dude. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and not just artists are "qualified" to review art man, plus, jonny goes to art school, so I'm sure he knows enough to review it. If he was a dick, it was probably for good reason Mr. sassy


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:42 PM, 372 wrote: Yeah all you have to do Is try and actually leave your thoughts about the art
Which he didn't do...he just mocked someone.
I don't get it.. He makes fun of someone looking for advice, I point out it's not necessary and a bandwagon of his internet friends attack me. I was talking to him. Not any of you lol.
People come here to discuss working on and improving a skill. Go to the general if you want to just be a dick.

Just lay off it, man.
Jonny is a well respected member of the community, he has been here far longer than you have and in that time he has offered tons of helpful advice on people's posting. Even if he does pop in with one sentence posts saying "good job" or something along that line its still something nice to see in a thread.
Lay off it. There's no winning because there's no game.

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:47 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote:
At 4/17/13 11:42 PM, 372 wrote: Yeah all you have to do Is try and actually leave your thoughts about the art
Which he didn't do...he just mocked someone.
I don't get it.. He makes fun of someone looking for advice, I point out it's not necessary and a bandwagon of his internet friends attack me. I was talking to him. Not any of you lol.
People come here to discuss working on and improving a skill. Go to the general if you want to just be a dick.
holy shit dude, calm down man. Why are you flipping out over something that had nothing to do with you?and like ridiculing people and shit, that's not cool dude.

This is exactly what he did...
Only it was to someone genuinely seeking advice

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and not just artists are "qualified" to review art man, plus, jonny goes to art school, so I'm sure he knows enough to review it. If he was a dick, it was probably for good reason Mr. sassy

That's my point. Instead of backseat modding and mocking people why doesn't he actually say something constructive...

That picture was meant to be sarcastic but whatever. He's the sassy one, I'm just frustrated he has an army of internet friends who ignore what a shit poster he is.
I'm gonna give up now because one post about it got me virtually gangbanged

Art Forum Lounge

maddskill
maddskill
  • Member since: May. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 17th, 2013 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:49 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 4/17/13 11:42 PM, 372 wrote:
Just lay off it, man.
Jonny is a well respected member of the community, he has been here far longer than you have

Also I've been on this website just as long as he has...


BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:54 PM, 372 wrote: That picture was meant to be sarcastic but whatever. He's the sassy one, I'm just frustrated he has an army of internet friends who ignore what a shit poster he is.
I'm gonna give up now because one post about it got me virtually gangbanged

Johnny said what needed to be said, why should he do a 4 paragraph review of the art when the user doesn't merit it. Ever made a gigantic proper critique of a piece of art or a user you spent 20 minutes compiling, only to get "thanks, but i knew that already" or even worse no response? Well imagine getting that twice, 5 times, 20 times. Eventually you rarely give those reviews, you only would if it merits it.

Based on the user yes, I'd say 1 sentence is enough. Johnny has been around a long time, stop acting like the high messiah here. Yougive proper long reviews for 100 threads, and if they're actually good some users will follow your examples. But don't shit on other users. Johnny isn't brutal, he's blunt, to the point.

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 12:58 AM Reply

At 4/18/13 12:36 AM, Lucky wrote:
At 4/17/13 11:54 PM, 372 wrote: That picture was meant to be sarcastic but whatever. He's the sassy one, I'm just frustrated he has an army of internet friends who ignore what a shit poster he is.
I'm gonna give up now because one post about it got me virtually gangbanged
Johnny said what needed to be said, why should he do a 4 paragraph review of the art when the user doesn't merit it. Ever made a gigantic proper critique of a piece of art or a user you spent 20 minutes compiling, only to get "thanks, but i knew that already" or even worse no response? Well imagine getting that twice, 5 times, 20 times. Eventually you rarely give those reviews, you only would if it merits it.

Based on the user yes, I'd say 1 sentence is enough. Johnny has been around a long time, stop acting like the high messiah here. Yougive proper long reviews for 100 threads, and if they're actually good some users will follow your examples. But don't shit on other users. Johnny isn't brutal, he's blunt, to the point.

I disagree, if that one sentence is just mocking the person, its better left unsaid. Especially when the user acting like an ass doesn't spend more than 20 minutes on any drawings himself.
but I just have
one
last
question

Hows his dick taste?

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 01:11 AM Reply

At 4/17/13 10:44 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: 372, I'm calling you out here in the lounge because I don't want that kid's thread getting more clusterfucked.
Stop acting like the damn messiah, you're not the saving grace of the world or the art forum's white knight.
Yeah, I have one sentence posts, what's your point? I don't need to write a damn storybook to express my opinions on something, but if an image is worth it, I will give proper feedback.
Stop getting your panties in a knot.

For what it's worth, I do think your original post in that thread was a bit dickish for no real reason.

This is a forum where people are learning how to make art, and he asked people to check out his art. We shouldn't be propagating any sort of "you have to be this good for your art to be worth looking at" standard.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 4/18/13 12:58 AM, 372 wrote: I disagree, if that one sentence is just mocking the person, its better left unsaid. Especially when the user acting like an ass doesn't spend more than 20 minutes on any drawings himself.
but I just have
one
last
question
Hows his dick taste?

see I gave you a proper response, you're acting like a 12 year old

Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 01:18 AM Reply

like those tortilla chips with the lime juice
that said
holy shit guys, are you serious right now?

Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 01:33 AM Reply

Good to see the forum up to the same whiney bullshit that continues to dissuade me from popping in here.

Jonny's not always helpful, but other times he is constructive and helpful, and everyone likes him. The same could be said about a lot of the regs. This is the way it is, and it's not something to argue about.

372, this exact same argument pops up at least once a year about one reg or another. It's not worth wasting the time bickering, nothing comes of it except maybe pushing you out of the Art Forum because everyone acts pissy towards you for attacking one of their own. You've got some okay work on your profile, be interested in seeing how you progress, and the forum can be a very valuable resource for growth.

Don't like Jonny? Neither do I (sorry bud). My advice? Do what adults do and get over it. Learn how to interact and make nice with people you don't always get along with.

Regs, you should know better than to bicker like this. I'm looking at you Jonny. If you have a problem with a user, deal with it over PMs. Throwing him to your friends to all go to town on him is not cool, and a waste of everyone's time. This is high school drama bullcrap, and doesn't need to be in the forums.

As this serves as my yearly post, please stop arguing or I'll have posted in vain and have to wallow in sadness.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 01:54 AM Reply

At 4/18/13 01:33 AM, Captain wrote: Good to see the forum up to the same whiney bullshit that continues to dissuade me from popping in here.

This sort of thing hasn't happened in a while, so... it's your own fault for only checking in on bad days :P

BUT... I was just thinking to myself that it's really sad that for a lot of new people, the 'welcoming committee' is currently comprised of template88 and Jonny. No wonder no one sticks around. Both of you are needlessly rude to people and it would be nice if you backed off a bit. Not saying you shouldn't post, but try not to be total buttholes when you do. And Jonny, you know better than to bring this crap to the lounge. I am disappoint!

Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 03:20 AM Reply

I learned about this cool artist recently named Wayne White who takes old paintings from thrift stores and paints really cool typography within it. Here are a couple examples (Warning: NSFW Language):
ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! FIVE!

That's some inspiring stuff, yo.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 03:24 AM Reply

At 4/18/13 03:20 AM, Spags wrote: I learned about this cool artist recently named Wayne White who takes old paintings from thrift stores and paints really cool typography within it. Here are a couple examples (Warning: NSFW Language):
ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! FIVE!

That's some inspiring stuff, yo.

That's some really refined typography right there. It takes quite a lot of skill to be able to blend the text into the original painting. Just badass. Thanks for sharing.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 05:25 AM Reply

At 4/18/13 01:33 AM, Captain wrote: As this serves as my yearly post, please stop arguing or I'll have posted in vain and have to wallow in sadness.

Aww. Post some art, man.

At 4/18/13 03:20 AM, Spags wrote: ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! FIVE!

These are awesome, thank you for sharing.

Someone linked me to this the other day, seems to be by an etsy seller named littlebun.

Art Forum Lounge


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 07:22 AM Reply

and the lounge has provided me with a fun start to my day. I'll be sure to check in during work for more shits and giggles.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 07:48 AM Reply

At 4/18/13 01:33 AM, Captain wrote: As this serves as my yearly post, please stop arguing or I'll have posted in vain and have to wallow in sadness.

Ben!
Haven't seen you in ages. You still haven't showed us that woodwork that you promised us years ago.

Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I have stuff to post here, just need to resize them. Will be posting work within the hour. The wood working pieces I think you're referring to was scrapped, too expensive and didn't work out the way I'd have liked.

Also for the record Nae, I do pop in here about every other day or so, just don't ever feel the need to post :P


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 4/18/13 04:52 PM, Captain wrote: I have stuff to post here, just need to resize them. Will be posting work within the hour. The wood working pieces I think you're referring to was scrapped, too expensive and didn't work out the way I'd have liked.

That's a real shame.
It's unfortunate, because there have been some really great threads showcasing wood work, but they were so few and far between, probably due to the reasons you mentioned.

Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 18th, 2013 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 4/18/13 03:20 AM, Spags wrote: I learned about this cool artist recently named Wayne White who takes old paintings from thrift stores and paints really cool typography within it. Here are a couple examples (Warning: NSFW Language):
ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! FIVE!

That's some inspiring stuff, yo.

I would kill for that Marcel Duchamp one.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 08:50 AM Reply

This was originally meant to be a prize for the papercraft contest - Now available for anyone to fold!

  • Foldable Tank-award
    Foldable Tank-award by J-qb

    Tired of waiting for the 2012 tankies? Why not make your own?! Print, cut and fold your very own tank award with this one-pag...

    Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Other
    Popularity
    6 Views
    Rated
    Everyone


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 10:01 AM Reply

At 4/21/13 08:50 AM, J-qb wrote: This was originally meant to be a prize for the papercraft contest - Now available for anyone to fold!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/j-qb/foldable-tank-award

You almost forget that there are tank awards after they haven't been seen for so long.....

x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

so uhh, I'm not sure exactly how the art portal works 100%, but after a while I notice that a lot of my stuff gets a good amount of views after a long time, like well after it's out of the first page of the latest art page

I know that some of them are my own views, but is it because people who've seen it sometimes look at it again later, or what?

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 23rd, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 4/23/13 02:50 PM, x-factor11 wrote: I know that some of them are my own views, but is it because people who've seen it sometimes look at it again later, or what?

...Its because more people have had time to look at your stuff.

x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 01:14 AM Reply

At 4/23/13 09:46 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: ...Its because more people have had time to look at your stuff.

yupyup

I just mean like I'd image after it's off the first/second page of recent art you wouldn't get a a lot of views later on, but the growth of views is still good after

maybe I'm just underestimating how much of the art portal people look at haha