Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 692,114 Views
  • 17,836 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 01:28:21 Reply

Who has two thumbs and is recovering from a concussion? This guy.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 02:38:54 Reply

At 3/3/13 01:28 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Who has two thumbs and is recovering from a concussion? This guy.

Part of me is wondering "What the hell did you do?!"
the rest of me is thinking "Was it cool, and would he name it after me..."


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 09:41:08 Reply

At 3/3/13 02:38 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 3/3/13 01:28 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Who has two thumbs and is recovering from a concussion? This guy.
Part of me is wondering "What the hell did you do?!"
the rest of me is thinking "Was it cool, and would he name it after me..."

Naw, the short story is the cellar stairs has a low hanging shelf. My head picked a fight with it. I lost. I been getting better but man do I have a persistent headache.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 10:06:37 Reply

At 3/3/13 09:41 AM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 3/3/13 02:38 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 3/3/13 01:28 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Who has two thumbs and is recovering from a concussion? This guy.
Part of me is wondering "What the hell did you do?!"
the rest of me is thinking "Was it cool, and would he name it after me..."
Naw, the short story is the cellar stairs has a low hanging shelf. My head picked a fight with it. I lost. I been getting better but man do I have a persistent headache.

ahh, so the next move is how to take your revenge on the shelf.
if you ask me, burn the whole place down, just to be sure...


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 10:35:21 Reply

At 3/3/13 10:06 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: ahh, so the next move is how to take your revenge on the shelf.
if you ask me, burn the whole place down, just to be sure...

Do what the little leprechaun says, MajesticBob.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 11:03:53 Reply

At 3/3/13 10:35 AM, test-object wrote:
At 3/3/13 10:06 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: ahh, so the next move is how to take your revenge on the shelf.
if you ask me, burn the whole place down, just to be sure...
Do what the little leprechaun says, MajesticBob.

No "How you feeling?" or "Are you OK?", No here at the art forums it's "Burn your house down!" "I'll get the torches." "It's the only way to be sure." "Always trust Leprechauns Bob." :P

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 11:22:46 Reply

At 3/3/13 11:03 AM, MajesticBob wrote: No "How you feeling?" or "Are you OK?", No here at the art forums it's "Burn your house down!" "I'll get the torches." "It's the only way to be sure." "Always trust Leprechauns Bob." :P

How's the shelf feeling?

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 11:27:18 Reply

At 3/3/13 11:22 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/3/13 11:03 AM, MajesticBob wrote: No "How you feeling?" or "Are you OK?", No here at the art forums it's "Burn your house down!" "I'll get the torches." "It's the only way to be sure." "Always trust Leprechauns Bob." :P
How's the shelf feeling?

Scared. It knows once my Dr. gives me the all clear to use power tools, It's coming down.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 16:00:33 Reply

In case you don't read the activities thread, we've found a new site for chatting in.
http://viptopia.net/
You can log in as a guest, and it has a lot better functionality than tinychat, as well as offering a bunch of interesting features, such as drawing in chat.
The site's admin has created a permanent room for us, so come join us in "NG Art"

test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-03 17:23:25 Reply

At 3/3/13 11:03 AM, MajesticBob wrote: No "How you feeling?" or "Are you OK?", No here at the art forums it's "Burn your house down!" "I'll get the torches." "It's the only way to be sure." "Always trust Leprechauns Bob." :P

Welcome back :3


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
JamSession
JamSession
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-06 10:36:31 Reply

At 3/6/13 09:39 AM, Amaranthus wrote: So, what are you guys doing for easter?
Early, what ever.

Harvesting llama fur for proper cultivation of some crops.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-06 14:58:31 Reply

At 3/6/13 10:37 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I'll just dump this link here
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1328418/7

No one from general comes to art, thus no one would "steal" sigs

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-07 21:28:39 Reply

How the doubles competitions entries have been pouring in far

is it over yet?

Art Forum Lounge

Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-07 23:18:56 Reply

Would anyone be interested in a competition where the prizes are steam games?

(but you dont get to know what they are, just the amount the games are worth)

the competition itself isnt anything particularly groundbreaking though.

(but its not difficult)

Do I have to clear it with mods or something?


You are not prepared...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 00:11:30 Reply

At 3/7/13 11:18 PM, Template88 wrote: Do I have to clear it with mods or something?

All competitions do.

However, I know that my laptop is outright fucking awful, and that a lot of people here are either in the same boat or are not gamers outright. So for me at least, it'd depend more on how interesting the competition was compared to any interest in actually winning a prize.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 00:27:56 Reply

I think giving steam games as prizes is a great idea only if the competition is related to games somehow.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 02:50:37 Reply

At 3/8/13 12:27 AM, J-qb wrote: I think giving steam games as prizes is a great idea only if the competition is related to games somehow.

Like that time someone gave away a copy of Bioshock to the best Bioshock themed pic. That was a fun contest.

Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 08:41:40 Reply

hmm nope it would just be an arbitrary thing since thats all ive got to really give as prizes. Oh well.


You are not prepared...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 09:30:45 Reply

At 3/8/13 08:41 AM, Template88 wrote: hmm nope it would just be an arbitrary thing since thats all ive got to really give as prizes. Oh well.

maybe it's an idea to give the competition shape in a way that matches the prizes though? not only does it give a nice theme, but it may also ensure that the prizes go to someone who will actually appreciate them...


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 15:46:24 Reply

FUCK!!!
I think we jinxed it :C

Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-08 23:02:09 Reply

I want to commend GayHobbit for his positive attitude and the constructive feedback he gives people, based on his more than adequate personal knowledge of the matter, no matter what skill level they are. His is a great example to follow. Gayhobbit, update your art thread more damn you.


You are not prepared...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-09 01:16:20 Reply

At 3/8/13 11:02 PM, Template88 wrote: I want to commend GayHobbit for his positive attitude and the constructive feedback he gives people, based on his more than adequate personal knowledge of the matter, no matter what skill level they are.

I've already got him in mind for best newcomer 2013

AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-09 09:51:26 Reply

Hey everybody,

I might put together a contest soon (if I'm allowed) to create artwork for my demo. Anybody can participate, I'm just going to judge the best one I see fit based on the details I give. This 'demo' I'm releasing is going to be free to download so I didn't want to spend more than necessary as I am a poor nub. Would $30.00 (USD) be acceptable for said contest? I want the artwork to be extremely graphic / gore filled so hopefully it's fun for some of the artists on newgrounds!

Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-09 09:55:45 Reply

I'd definitely enter for Steam games

yes sirry


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 16:57:40 Reply

BlackMist75 lives!!! I'm back from hiatus. Feels good man.

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 17:20:47 Reply

At 3/8/13 11:02 PM, Template88 wrote: I want to commend GayHobbit for his positive attitude and the constructive feedback he gives people, based on his more than adequate personal knowledge of the matter, no matter what skill level they are. His is a great example to follow. Gayhobbit, update your art thread more damn you.

My ego has been thoroughly stroked. Thank you for the feel good welcomes.

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 22:20:03 Reply

I should probably leave more reviews than I do now...


The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
JamSession
JamSession
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 00:50:42 Reply

Hi, "Art Forum Lounge"!
How's it going?
Anyone else on spring break?


BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 01:01:11 Reply

At 3/12/13 12:50 AM, JamSession wrote: Hi, "Art Forum Lounge"!
How's it going?
Anyone else on spring break?

I'm too old for Spring Break.

Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 02:13:11 Reply

At 3/12/13 12:50 AM, JamSession wrote: Hi, "Art Forum Lounge"!
How's it going?
Anyone else on spring break?

My spring break is next next week and I am soooooo looking forward to it! This week is the worst week I've ever endured in terms of my workload. I'm surprised I haven't exploded yet due to copious amounts of design.

Also, whose idea was it to take away an hour on the weekend before everything is due? >:c