Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 609,779 Views
  • 17,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 10:07:25 Reply

At 2/5/13 04:22 AM, J-qb wrote: Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:

My source was a research paper I did back in high school- might be outdated information, but I wouldn't have used wikipedia for it. I'm not surprised to hear there's disagreement on that part though.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 10:54:50 Reply

At 2/5/13 10:07 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:22 AM, J-qb wrote: Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:
My source was a research paper I did back in high school- might be outdated information, but I wouldn't have used wikipedia for it. I'm not surprised to hear there's disagreement on that part though.

I'd say savantism is pretty common. The place where I work is chock full of autistic people and lots of them do have awesome memory or skills. No, not skills in stacking stuff... I mean more practical shit. Id say stacking stuff over and over is seen more frequently in the lower functioning population.

Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 12:54:01 Reply

At 2/5/13 10:54 AM, Mohabot wrote:
At 2/5/13 10:07 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:22 AM, J-qb wrote: Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:
My source was a research paper I did back in high school- might be outdated information, but I wouldn't have used wikipedia for it. I'm not surprised to hear there's disagreement on that part though.
I'd say savantism is pretty common. The place where I work is chock full of autistic people and lots of them do have awesome memory or skills. No, not skills in stacking stuff... I mean more practical shit. Id say stacking stuff over and over is seen more frequently in the lower functioning population.

Let me just cut in here and say just to drop it, please. I feel that nothing good will come out of this discussion. I'm not really into the whole lounge thing, but I'd rather not have another private war between some users that will spread to other threads. You're the only one making this a big deal, and for some reason you bring the subject up again after pretty much this whole page has been about the chat problems or whatever you guys were having, and it seems to me that the others are avoiding the whole "autism-talk" thing too.
This post that is quoted isn't "dangerous" in itself, but seeing the ones at the top of the page it's obvious you're sensitive about this subject.


Try not being a bitch for once, huh?

BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 13:28:37 Reply

At 2/5/13 12:54 PM, Breaktroll wrote: Let me just cut in here and say just to drop it, please. I feel that nothing good will come out of this discussion. I'm not really into the whole lounge thing, but I'd rather not have another private war between some users that will spread to other threads. You're the only one making this a big deal, and for some reason you bring the subject up again after pretty much this whole page has been about the chat problems or whatever you guys were having, and it seems to me that the others are avoiding the whole "autism-talk" thing too.
This post that is quoted isn't "dangerous" in itself, but seeing the ones at the top of the page it's obvious you're sensitive about this subject.

I am not willing to start yet another flame war. I am just looking for place where I can type for my trigger itchy fingers...

But Okay, I will just drop it and I hope others drop it too.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 15:43:14 Reply

At 2/5/13 09:26 AM, M-Vero wrote: spoilers its a hermit crab

You've got a bag of crab?

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 22:17:58 Reply

At 2/5/13 03:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You've got a bag of crab?

Will he put 'em in his mouth?


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-06 03:23:02 Reply

At 2/5/13 09:26 AM, M-Vero wrote: spoilers its a hermit crab

That looks a lot like me.

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-06 14:25:07 Reply

The chatroom is pretty much dead. First one in is rewarded with a cake and banana.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-06 15:36:12 Reply

At 2/6/13 02:40 PM, Larkatosa wrote: Hello, how is everyone doing? What is going on around here?

I missed you, that's what's going on

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-06 18:28:58 Reply

At 2/6/13 03:54 PM, Larkatosa wrote: I've missed you too! But the last 5 months I've been on a medical treatment that put my mental order into space, so I kinda wanted to spare you to see that! But I am back now! And Test taught me how to make a tiny window!

a tiny window, huh?
just how tiny are we talking....
also.. yay your back :3


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-07 00:47:04 Reply

Okay, may be going on a bit of a stretch here buuuut, oh well. I just want some opinions on this. Do you feel that the art forum would be an appropriate place to make a culinary arts thread? It is still a form of art.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-07 01:48:06 Reply

There's been at least 1 thread in the past for that, i don't see why not.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-07 02:46:26 Reply

That thread was specifically about the presentation of the food though; If you are talking about just the preparation of dishes I don't see how that would really fit in the art forum; although I'd love one of those. Perhaps it could be an art forum community thing


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-07 22:52:05 Reply

At 2/7/13 02:46 AM, J-qb wrote: That thread was specifically about the presentation of the food though; If you are talking about just the preparation of dishes I don't see how that would really fit in the art forum; although I'd love one of those. Perhaps it could be an art forum community thing

That is what I was thinking


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-10 02:53:07 Reply

No one is participating in my Celeb thread. What gives? Is it too lame for you guys? or are you just too busy hating on each other to find time for stupid activities like that?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-10 03:27:09 Reply

At 2/10/13 02:53 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: No one is participating in my Celeb thread. What gives? Is it too lame for you guys? or are you just too busy hating on each other to find time for stupid activities like that?

>.>...
um.. I have been gone all day... but I'll check it out now.. ok?

And don't spread hate, spread love... although that may lead to spreading herpes as well... but... nvm...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-10 05:33:12 Reply

At 2/10/13 02:53 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: ....or are you just too busy hating on each other ....

COUGH*says who*COUGH


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 07:34:45 Reply

Just ran across this, pretty amusing

Art Forum Lounge

kmau
kmau
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 08:07:21 Reply

At 2/15/13 07:34 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Just ran across this, pretty amusing

This is pretty spot on except for the food part, I love food way too much to forget to eat.


BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 08:21:50 Reply

I constantly forget to eat if there's no-one around to call me to the table. If I had my way I'd live on bread and tea and cornflakes only, probably.
Oh wait, I've had that. College.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 08:27:51 Reply

right hand side panels are spot on for me...

as for waking up in the middle of the night, its more like early morning
"hmmm that's a cool idea" - (instantly forget)

Used to go shopping for paints every other week i think... (would always buy more then i needed anyway)

and in social situations it would be more like the last panel
"i could be doing artwork right now"


BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 08:38:25 Reply

I don't see the connection between being artistic and anti-social, other than that I can relate..


World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 09:55:16 Reply

At 2/15/13 08:38 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I don't see the connection between being artistic and anti-social, other than that I can relate..

Actually I don't see the necessary connection between being an artist and any of those except the third - which is only since it specifically mentions art supplies.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 11:15:16 Reply

At 2/15/13 09:55 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/15/13 08:38 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I don't see the connection between being artistic and anti-social, other than that I can relate..
Actually I don't see the necessary connection between being an artist and any of those except the third - which is only since it specifically mentions art supplies.

Yeah, I feel the same. Inspiration and self-criticism isn't limited to creative jobs.


BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-15 11:17:51 Reply

It's funny though, cause I actually realized last week that midnight-idea-writing has become a vital part of my essay-writing.
I'll collect information snippets and ideas during the day but it's only at night while I'm lying in my bed that I can order that information and make it into a story.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-16 09:53:49 Reply

just got back from the comic con in telford... once again another art haul of mine...

found a girl there who has been drawing comics for 12 years and has a style similar (if not the same) as Aigis... link here

this may be the reason i am poor...

Art Forum Lounge


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-16 11:27:06 Reply

At 2/16/13 09:53 AM, LegolaSS wrote: found a girl there who has been drawing comics for 12 years and has a style similar (if not the same) as Aigis... link here

Immediate difference I noticed is big noses and side mouths.
I don't like side mouths.

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-16 18:04:40 Reply

At 2/16/13 09:53 AM, LegolaSS wrote: just got back from the comic con in telford... once again another art haul of mine...

Im seeing a trend. Girl, blue eyes, brown hair, some sort of clevage showing....

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-16 18:33:45 Reply

At 2/16/13 09:53 AM, LegolaSS wrote: just got back from the comic con in telford... once again another art haul of mine...

found a girl there who has been drawing comics for 12 years and has a style similar (if not the same) as Aigis... link here

this may be the reason i am poor...

your comiccon sure has a lot of anime...

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-16 18:36:43 Reply

At 2/16/13 06:33 PM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/16/13 09:53 AM, LegolaSS wrote: just got back from the comic con in telford
your comiccon sure has a lot of anime...

yummmmmm
bland


BBS Signature