New Topic Respond to this Topic
ornery
ornery
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 09:11 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:53 PM, Sockembop wrote: I think making your own soda (or pop as many as many of us Canadians call it) is a totally insane idea. I would have never even considered the possibility on my own but now I really want to try it.

Take any liquid (drinkable of course) and add dry ice.... poof carbonation, sorta.

ornery
ornery
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 09:22 PM Reply

Onto better subjects.

This thing is fucking awesome, and hurts my brain. Damn time limit. Would be easy as hell to get all perfects if you weren't so rushed.

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

I'm going to start forcing myself to draw more. I'm going to try drawing at least one new pose a day.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 10:21 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: I'm going to start forcing myself to draw more. I'm going to try drawing at least one new pose a day.

MemememememememememeememememememeMEMEMEmemememMEEMEMEme.

meep

Art Forum Lounge

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 10:26 PM, Lucky wrote:
At 1/29/13 10:21 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: I'm going to start forcing myself to draw more. I'm going to try drawing at least one new pose a day.
MemememememememememeememememememeMEMEMEmemememMEEMEMEme.

meep

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

meep.

Yus, I have decided to do this, or at least try to.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 09:29 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 1/29/13 09:22 PM, ornery wrote: Onto better subjects.

This thing is fucking awesome, and hurts my brain. Damn time limit. Would be easy as hell to get all perfects if you weren't so rushed.

5.3.... I need to work on that...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

A little known fact about Orn: This colour matching challenge game is actually his second favorite game of all time.

His absolute favorite is the one where you put wooden pegs of various shapes into the appropriately shaped hole.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 09:22 PM, ornery wrote: This thing is fucking awesome, and hurts my brain. Damn time limit. Would be easy as hell to get all perfects if you weren't so rushed.

Yeah, when it starts getting faster, it starts getting much harder.

Art Forum Lounge

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 12:21 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 12:04 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/29/13 09:22 PM, ornery wrote: This thing is fucking awesome, and hurts my brain. Damn time limit. Would be easy as hell to get all perfects if you weren't so rushed.
Yeah, when it starts getting faster, it starts getting much harder.

Definitely. The triadics were the worst. I got 7.2

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 01:36 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:53 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 1/29/13 08:20 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
"Stuff."

So Dr. Pepper is canned Suicide? (That's what you'd call it if you went up to a soda fountain and mixed all the flavors. A suicide. Showing my age. Ugh.)

*I saw the fucking word "Prune" in that list. PRUNE!</ins>*
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 03:56 AM Reply

bow to your master... I slipped in the complimentary category because having two balls at the same time freaked me out...

Art Forum Lounge

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 04:01 AM Reply

10, 10, 10, 8, 10, 8
illegal text

Art Forum Lounge

Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 05:27 AM Reply

I don't understand?

Is it supposed to go to 12?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 05:31 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 05:27 AM, Havegum wrote: I don't understand?
Is it supposed to go to 12?

You should just switch from art to professional gamer since you always beat us on everything
You and your board game online magical cheating lol

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 05:51 AM Reply

ALLof you need to watch this recent post by Stephen Silver
It's VERY relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 05:51 AM, Lucky wrote: ALLof you need to watch this recent post by Stephen Silver
It's VERY relevant

It's funny how it's titled "protect your art career" when it's really about protecting other poeple's art career. I don't have an art career, I don't want to have an art career. I do think very highly of anyone making a career out of art.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 07:37 AM Reply

i got 8.9, but i did the colour blind version, when it was asking for green/yellows and blue/purples i just couldn't even get close without it

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 08:52 AM Reply

5.8...I really suck at colors...

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 09:51 AM Reply

i just redid it and took screen shots of the colours i had issues with, also on one try i managed to get 11 on saturation?

now i just want to see if other people have problems with the colours i do or if its just me... i'm glad i have other colours to compare against otherwise i would get it wrong every time... its normally the one i am trying to match up and that one "disappears" and the other two are blatantly not matching. apart from that the other colours i seem to be ok with...

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 10:03 AM Reply

Good practise!

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 10:19 AM Reply

I have no problem seeing those colors legolass.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 09:51 AM, LegolaSS wrote: its normally the one i am trying to match up and that one "disappears" and the other two are blatantly not matching. apart from that the other colours i seem to be ok with...

I scored a 5.8... I'm not colorblind; It's just that I don't know which end of the cursor I'm using when there are multiple selectors on the color wheel at once. It offers no indication aside from just rolling the pointer around until they all match. By then the color has already moved around and your selectors don't match at all again.
How is something so simple so complicated?

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 1/30/13 09:51 AM, LegolaSS wrote: now i just want to see if other people have problems with the colours i do or if its just me...

I can see the difference in those colours just fine, so it may be you suffer a small bit of red-green colourblindness.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 1/30/13 07:26 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/30/13 05:51 AM, Lucky wrote: ALLof you need to watch this recent post by Stephen Silver
It's VERY relevant
It's funny how it's titled "protect your art career" when it's really about protecting other poeple's art career. I don't have an art career, I don't want to have an art career. I do think very highly of anyone making a career out of art.

Lame typo... I meant to say I do NOT think very highly of ...etc. The fact that your art is influenced by you wanting to make money is regrettable. Sugesting that my art, or the way i go about it, should change is just insulting.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 1/30/13 06:09 PM, J-qb wrote:
It's VERY relevant
Lame typo... I meant to say I do NOT think very highly of ...etc. The fact that your art is influenced by you wanting to make money is regrettable. Sugesting that my art, or the way i go about it, should change is just insulting.

That is a very strange point. Some people want to earn enough from their art as to want to pay their rent with it and make more art. I dont see how thats a lot to ask, and its definitely achievable. All I wanted to do with that video is to show artists they should have pride in their work and maybe inspire some entrepreneurs. I cant believe you cant turn this into bad thing. But fuck it i guess I'm the weirdo of the group, fucking forget it

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 1/30/13 06:09 PM, J-qb wrote:
It's VERY relevant

Are we counting 'using art to make money' as the same as 'wanting our art to make money'?
I mean, I am very happy with my current job. I design logos and decals for my companies clients. basic graphic artist I admit that the art I do isn't exactly the same ART things that grace the pages of my sketch book, but I still get to add a lot of my personal flair and style to it.
I just kind of want to know your stand on this. I don't want to lose any respect you have for me (if you had any for me to begin with) just because I use my art and skills to make money and I like doing so....

So is their really a difference? or am I bad just because I want to make money with my art...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:19 AM Reply

It's VERY relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs

Typical artist who doesn't understand the concept of human capitol. I don't care if it took you 40 years to shit on a canvas, and neither does anyone else. People are offering what they deem is a sufficient transaction for your skills and if you feel it's a shitty deal, deny it. You don't have to justify it further, you never did.

The "40 years plus 10 minutes" ideal has always been full of shit. We've always discriminated by current ability, not the amount of time invested, and that's not going to change if you just shut your eyes tight and wish very hard. I would offer a professional child who grasped art the moment he did a pen fuckloads more then an amateur adult who's spent his whole life drawing and can only produce scribbles.

You're not entitled to anyone's money and they're not entitled to your time. He's right about the concept of exposure being terrible but anyone who falls for that shtick deserves exactly what's coming to them. Nobody can force you to work for them.

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 12:19 AM, Lintire wrote:

There is so much full of shit in that statement I can not begin to dissect
fuckin what

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 12:23 AM, Lucky wrote:
At 1/31/13 12:19 AM, Lintire wrote:
There is so much full of shit in that statement I can not begin to dissect
fuckin what

If you can't articulate your own rebuttal then why did you even bother. That's not even grammatically accurate, so you might want to take a moment to calm down before you reply. Let's have a debate here, I'm open to the concept that I'm wrong.

People offering their work for free are your competition. This is business, and unless you can offer a service better then what they can offer for free and have people willing to pay for it, then you've been outclassed, not unfairly deprived of your daily bread and butter.

Their motivations for offering their work for free aren't your concern, but for all intents and purposes they are your business rivals and should be treated as such.

Corporations and individuals asking for use of your previously manufactured consumer goods aren't crossing some imaginary line, they're offering a lopsided deal, and short of shoving a gun in your face they can't force you to take it.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:40 AM Reply

Don't worry lucky, I'm pretty sure I'm the odd one out rather than you. Anyways, I'll elaborate:
First of all, when I say I don't think very highly of poeple turning art into a career, I mean I don't think very highly of the practice of turning art into a career, that doesn't mean I lose all my respect for these poeple. There are lots of things that a lot of poeple, myself included, do that I don't think very highly of - and it isn't even a euphemism; just means I have some weak objections to it, not that I despise it.
I can totally see why you'd want to make a career out of art, but I respect it more if poeple did art because of the art rather than to make money. Call me an idealist if you will, but I do. This isn't some attempt to flatter myself either; I don't consider myself an artist in the strictest sense anyway. Again, I completely understand that you'd like to make money making art, but I have a problem with poeple thinking they OUGHT TO be able to make money with their art. I guess that is what Lintire, in his ever so sympathetic wordings, was talking about. When you claim you ought to be able to make money with your art you are subversing art under money, which is what is happening to everything everywhere and it's ruining our society.
Still if it's only your art you are treating this way, that's fine with me, I'll just stop calling it art. However, when you start preaching that everyone should do so is to claim that art is essentially subversed to money - which, to me, is insulting.

BBS Signature