00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WannabePyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,298 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-29 07:50:57

Reach for the stars.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-29 08:24:21

At 4/29/14 07:50 AM, Lintire wrote: Reach for the stars.

Hey, I guess that means you don't exist anymore.....

Wait, what if you never existed? What if you're just a Tyler Durden?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-29 11:19:16

At 4/29/14 08:24 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 4/29/14 07:50 AM, Lintire wrote: Reach for the stars.
Hey, I guess that means you don't exist anymore.....
Wait, what if you never existed? What if you're just a Tyler Durden?

We're all just figments of your imagination, man. Newgrounds isn't even a real website.
You'll wake up in a straight-jacket in your padded room, just like always. At least you're safe though; when you leave your dreaming world we will all die.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-29 12:37:31

At 4/29/14 11:19 AM, SuperBastard wrote: We're all just figments of your imagination, man. Newgrounds isn't even a real website.
You'll wake up in a straight-jacket in your padded room, just like always. At least you're safe though; when you leave your dreaming world we will all die.

Don't tell him of this foul ruse or we'll lose! To choose to let him go and peruse those words of sanity: he has foregone such vanity and no longer deserves the privilege, why it is truly sacrilege at this point.

One must assure all: do not befall to this ill gotten knowledge, you are all awake, this is not fake, nor a dream, I mean, would it seem like I would lie to you, I don't think I would try-to-do such a thing, to bring a falsity right to your knee, truly that is not me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-29 17:14:35

At 4/29/14 11:19 AM, SuperBastard wrote: We're all just figments of your imagination, man. Newgrounds isn't even a real website.

Fuck, then I have the best goddam imagination ever.

Dick jokes and what have you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-30 08:49:33

At 4/29/14 05:14 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
Fuck, then I have the best goddam imagination ever.
Dick jokes and what have you.

By the gods what am I doing here then!? D:
*jumps through a window*

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-04-30 12:23:37

At 4/29/14 12:37 PM, M-Maher wrote:
Don't tell him of this foul ruse or we'll lose! To choose to let him go and peruse those words of sanity: he has foregone such vanity and no longer deserves the privilege, why it is truly sacrilege at this point.

One must assure all: do not befall to this ill gotten knowledge, you are all awake, this is not fake, nor a dream, I mean, would it seem like I would lie to you, I don't think I would try-to-do such a thing, to bring a falsity right to your knee, truly that is not me.

But if I choose to lose who pursues my dues? You? Cruise through booze and snooze in your shoes, wake up in sharpie makeup while a harpy takes up your bed with cake in her head saying "was it good for you, too?"

Sometimes our minds dine on cheese and fine wines. Sometimes our minds try and cheat on fine lines. Sometimes I wish that time was a lie and I see with my eye what I make in my mind.

If that trick was unfettered and real I could deal much better with that fat chick, you feel?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-05-09 13:45:49

What do you think of BlackAux's artwork? Is it scoutable?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-05-09 15:25:52

At 5/9/14 01:45 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: What do you think of BlackAux's artwork? Is it scoutable?

I find some of his landscapes quite appealing. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing his work in the portal.

Though it will be difficult for him to stand out as most of his images are too simple.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-10 16:13:50

this shouldn't be this far down.

BAMP

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-10 22:05:17

I guess I need to get scouted first for my art to appear in the art portal? Thats weird.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-10 23:40:30

At 6/10/14 10:05 PM, Tarekthefreak wrote: I guess I need to get scouted first for my art to appear in the art portal? Thats weird.

Yes, it's a way to control the art portal. You can read all about it in this nifty guide.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 00:56:43

Doubt any of you have any experience with this seeing as the bulk of you are digital but here goes nothing.

I'm having a weird problem with my current drawing. The paper has acquired/absorbed/been cursed with/manifested a strange smell. Its making my whole room stink. Its a giant sheet of arches paper and I have never had this problem before. I know paper can go moldy and it has been pretty humid in my room this spring, but still, I dont see any mold or anything.

Anyone ever had any thing similar happen? Solutions? Suggestions? The drawing is too far along to just abandon ship and get another sheet. Its also not far along enough to spray with fixative to possibly kill the smell. Also spraying anything else on it will probably kill it.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 03:51:42

At 6/12/14 12:56 AM, ornery wrote: Doubt any of you have any experience with this seeing as the bulk of you are digital...

Bleep-bloop blip 10110100

(Put it in the oven? That might ruin the paper though...)

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 04:54:52

At 6/12/14 12:56 AM, ornery wrote: Its a giant sheet of arches paper and I have never had this problem before. I know paper can go moldy and it has been pretty humid in my room this spring, but still, I dont see any mold or anything.

I would suppose you would treat it in the same way as a moldy book.
Put something with it to absorb moisture, like rice,
or put it with fabric softener sheets inside a sealed bag to absorb the smell.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 09:52:09

At 6/12/14 04:54 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I would suppose you would treat it in the same way as a moldy book.
Put something with it to absorb moisture, like rice,
or put it with fabric softener sheets inside a sealed bag to absorb the smell.

Some of those methods would possibly work, if the paper wasnt 8 feet long...

I think I'll just crank through this drawing and get it done to get it out of the way. Like i said, I dont see any evidence of mildew other than a weird smell.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-12 12:43:29

Dropping this link here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9HZSMHKQY

Filippo Perini on the design of the Lamborghini Aventador, if you're into mecha design or cars have a look.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-13 14:24:26

Ended up having to take the drawing down and scrap it. Smell got too bad. Going to seal up and better protect my other large pieces as well so they dont meet the same fate.

Well there is a few months work gone unless i can find someway to deodorize it. I still have it in case that day ever comes but its wrapped up and hidden away for now.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-13 15:00:59

At 6/13/14 02:24 PM, ornery wrote: Ended up having to take the drawing down and scrap it. Smell got too bad. Going to seal up and better protect my other large pieces as well so they dont meet the same fate.

Well there is a few months work gone unless i can find someway to deodorize it. I still have it in case that day ever comes but its wrapped up and hidden away for now.

having only ever had this problem once doing water colours in winter, really the only thing i think you can do, is 1 make sure you get is absolutly dry, so a heater/hairdryer/ hot/warm sunny day, 2nd keep it really well ventilated with a good flowing breeze. so outside would be ideal, but honestly, if you have mold on the paper, then there will come issues later in the pictures life rather than just now, as it would have compromised the life of your paper itself :(

if after airing it for a day or 2, making sure its bone dry, you still have the smell then you're honestly up shit creek.
the worst thing you can do atm is to wrap it up or place it in some plastic in a dark spot, thats going to royally fuck your paper if it is infact mold

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-13 15:48:43

At 6/13/14 03:00 PM, Seriousle wrote: having only ever had this problem once doing water colours in winter, really the only thing i think you can do, is 1 make sure you get is absolutly dry, so a heater/hairdryer/ hot/warm sunny day, 2nd keep it really well ventilated with a good flowing breeze. so outside would be ideal, but honestly, if you have mold on the paper, then there will come issues later in the pictures life rather than just now, as it would have compromised the life of your paper itself :(

if after airing it for a day or 2, making sure its bone dry, you still have the smell then you're honestly up shit creek.
the worst thing you can do atm is to wrap it up or place it in some plastic in a dark spot, thats going to royally fuck your paper if it is infact mold

Unfortunately the paper is about 7.5feet long and 4.5 feet tall so airing it out is a bit difficult, plus its been raining cats and dogs for the past 4 days here so drying it out is going to prove difficult. Luckily I dont see any actual mold on it (although it could be hiding in the colored parts). The ironic part, it was a drawing of a decrepit moldy room.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-14 09:50:56

At 6/13/14 03:48 PM, ornery wrote: Unfortunately the paper is about 7.5feet long and 4.5 feet tall so airing it out is a bit difficult, plus its been raining cats and dogs for the past 4 days here so drying it out is going to prove difficult. Luckily I dont see any actual mold on it (although it could be hiding in the colored parts). The ironic part, it was a drawing of a decrepit moldy room.

i would then suggest just as soon as possible try and air it out, when the rain clears, hopefully you dont need to waste the paper, i've had to do that once when i messed up a image, its a terrible way to lose money :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-14 13:04:42

At 6/13/14 03:48 PM, ornery wrote: Unfortunately the paper is about 7.5feet long and 4.5 feet tall so airing it out is a bit difficult, plus its been raining cats and dogs for the past 4 days here so drying it out is going to prove difficult.

You could always manually air it out. Just take a hair dryer and go to town. It will take a while and make sure you don't get too close, but it's better than nothing?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-15 19:20:50

Hey! I'm done with graphic design school you guys! Now I can hopefully come back here more often.
I found this funny group of pics about art.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-06-17 09:47:52

I miss you all very much and I have a lot of time to waste this summer, so I might start loitering here again.

Also, hi spags. <3<3<3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-08 05:55:16

So when I look around the internet I see master studies are being praised and recommended a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experiences doing master studies, and if you could tell me how it's helpful for personal improvement?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-08 11:08:07

At 7/8/14 05:55 AM, Havegum wrote: So when I look around the internet I see master studies are being praised and recommended a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experiences doing master studies, and if you could tell me how it's helpful for personal improvement?

Doesn't have to be a master study, just the act of copying a piece that is already done can be beneficial for getting you to try a style that isn't your usual. The masters help because you can actually research their actual technique and mimic that to learn methods you might not have known. They don't need to be shown because they are just copies, but doing enough of them is hugely useful for learning new styles and methods. Hell, I pretty much learned figure drawing from drawing Prudhon's stuff over and over. Worked better than any class for getting me used to that subject and style.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-17 12:47:32

Yo, How do you think they made this?

I'm thinking it's maya with a bit of other things thrown into the pot but you know, I'm not so sure, also those motion graphics are pretty hype, wouldn't mind trying some of it out but that's just me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-07-17 13:56:20

At 7/17/14 12:47 PM, M-Maher wrote: Yo, How do you think they made this?

I'm thinking it's maya with a bit of other things thrown into the pot but you know, I'm not so sure, also those motion graphics are pretty hype, wouldn't mind trying some of it out but that's just me.

I know after effects is supposed to have some neat functions with vector animation, and quite a few of those flat things looked like 3d shapes rendered without lightning.

So my guess would be some 3D software, after effects for effects and vector animations, premiere to fit things together, and most definitely a whole bunch of papers full of sketches and ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-04 01:03:47

Hey guys, what's going on here?

Oh well... In other unrelated news... I have a YouTube channel that will be starting up soon...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2014-08-07 04:16:17

The art forum misses you Aigis
And by the art forum I mean my pants
And tests's
Come baaaack <3