lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 12:58:37 Reply

At 1/28/13 12:36 PM, Escalus wrote: stuff

So you're angry at fatelogic for wanting someone good? or feeling that quality work deserves higher pay?
He's trying to find someone to work on something that he will likely not get paid for- it makes sense that he can't afford to pay an artist unless the artist is so amazing that the work will likely catapult the game quality into something lucrative.

It's rude to tell someone their cake is shitty, sure, but that's not what he was doing. And in any case, why do you care if you're not baking for him?

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 13:05:58 Reply

At 1/28/13 01:00 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 1/28/13 12:58 PM, lovingthedark wrote: malarkey that I ignore
gee I must be hearing things, I could've sworn I was talking to TOAS.

LTD is one of those people who I'd listen to.

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 13:44:16 Reply

Well, I'm writing the plot to my web-comic right now. Hopefully, I should get some references and pages done soon. Just out of curiosity, though, who else here does a web-comic, and can you pass off any advice for paneling and writing?

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 13:56:35 Reply

At 1/28/13 12:36 PM, Escalus wrote: This "asshole" waltzes into the bakery and wants a cake, a cherry cheesecake, great I can do that.
He comes in every few minutes and the cake is of decent quality (but not up to his standards)
Then he has the nerve to tell me "I've gotten cakes of high quality from big shot bakers in New York, your cake quality isn't worth the money I give the guys in New York. Hell, I could make it myself."

So here I am, irritated that this guy asks me to make something for him, only to waste my damn time and resources, not just that, but boasts about the "so-called better bakers in NY bakeries", and THEN tells me that he could've done it all himself and that my cake wasn't worth his money in the first place.

Your analogy doesn't make sense because you're implying that the art forum is basically a place to hire artists. Which it isn't. It's a place where amateur artists gather, some with dreams of grandeur, some just for the fun of it. The art forum isn't a bakery, it's a gathering of aspiring bakers who are willing to show the world their craft and determination, even if the pay is poor or non-existent.

If someone walks into that meeting and asks if he can have a nice cake, but doesn't really have the funding to do so, then for the love of God, if you're not interested, don't berate the man. He was polite enough until you egged him on and started acting all offended.

I'm sorry Esc, I love you, I do. But I can't side with you on that one.

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:10:55 Reply

At 1/28/13 01:47 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 1/28/13 01:44 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: Well, I'm writing the plot to my web-comic right now. Hopefully, I should get some references and pages done soon. Just out of curiosity, though, who else here does a web-comic, and can you pass off any advice for paneling and writing?
I think Morthagg and Aigis do one, but then again, a lot of others made one just for comic jam.

I see...Perhaps I should ask them. I have a good plot that I have written down for a lesbian-romance comedy, but am worried about paneling, writing structure and such.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:14:17 Reply

Anybody else having problems uploading art?

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:23:04 Reply

At 1/28/13 12:36 PM, Escalus wrote: stuff

He wasn't being THAT arrogant, the thing that bugged me that I didn't post in the thread about is $40... If you were a professional background artist that would provide the client 1-2 hours of work maybe, certainly not the amount of work they wanted. So they were being pretty unrealistic then, but in saying that we get these threads all the time and you shouldn't make a big deal about it... A new retarded free request will arrive next week I'm sure.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:24:44 Reply

At 1/28/13 02:17 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Sounds awkward.

Btw don't send me PMs like this.
Funnily enough, I'm not your fucking slave and I've got my own things to do.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:29:45 Reply

At 1/28/13 02:24 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Funnily enough, I'm not your fucking slave and I've got my own things to do.

This made me laugh quite a bit. Had to have a look at the artwork too. I'm guessing it's stolen or something. I wouldn't know because I've never really been into the whole Bitey stuff, don't see the appeal. 'Tis good when Amaranthus gets his comeuppance, bravo sir.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:36:33 Reply

At 1/28/13 02:31 PM, Amaranthus wrote: But seriously, that guy kept submitting stolen shit, it bothered me.

You do find it difficult to make friends here don't ya ;). I don't see why it should bother you, the art mods are on top of that stuff. The most you can do as a normal user is just point it out and then forget about it. Basically, chill out.

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 14:50:23 Reply

At 1/28/13 02:37 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 1/28/13 02:36 PM, Decky wrote:
At 1/28/13 02:31 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
I'm sowwy, pwees don't hate me, Wob, give me anothew chance.
I wont scwew up.

why are you spelling r's and l's with a w? that is wrong.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 15:24:52 Reply

At 1/28/13 01:00 PM, Escalus wrote:
gee I must be hearing things, I could've sworn I was talking to TOAS.

Gee I must be hallucinating, I thought his was a public damn forum where anyone could give their opinion on matters posted in public threads. Use private messages if you don't want others pointing shit out and joining your conversation.

At 1/28/13 02:10 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:
I see...Perhaps I should ask them. I have a good plot that I have written down for a lesbian-romance comedy, but am worried about paneling, writing structure and such.

I'm pretty much open to giving you advice, but I can't guarantee I'll have the patience to keep giving advice. Also, I consider myself a very mediocre 'paneler', not being very creative with page layouts and such, so I'm not very sure I can help you there. There are probably lots of tutorials online, if you look for them.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 15:29:51 Reply

At 1/28/13 02:31 PM, Amaranthus wrote: But seriously, that guy kept submitting stolen shit, it bothered me.

i have an uncanny urge not to delete it now...

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 15:55:09 Reply

At 1/28/13 03:29 PM, LegolaSS wrote: i have an uncanny urge not to delete it now...

I have an uncanny urge to dance now..... anyone else?
No? Just me?

BrainworkInProgress
BrainworkInProgress
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 16:03:52 Reply

At 1/28/13 03:55 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/28/13 03:29 PM, LegolaSS wrote: i have an uncanny urge not to delete it now...
No? Just me?

latsh dunce! :3

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 16:05:38 Reply

At 1/28/13 03:55 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
No? Just me?

I'm in :3

kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 16:30:12 Reply

apparently i have drawing skills

what do i do now

ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 16:35:08 Reply

Anyone else notice this 300300 guy. I feel like he'll get banned eventually anyway but I'm just wondering if anyone is seeing it, too. One of his pieces already taken down. likely took it down himself for damage control.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 16:43:03 Reply

At 1/28/13 04:35 PM, CypressDahlia wrote: Anyone else notice this 300300 guy. I feel like he'll get banned eventually anyway but I'm just wondering if anyone is seeing it, too. One of his pieces already taken down. likely took it down himself for damage control.

claims to be 19, has a lot of artwork, all seems the same sort of style so far. so that's not ringing any alarm bells, have changed some of the ratings (because of i felt it was "under rated" (so from E to T)... i am weary... either waiting for a slip up or a shadman v2

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 16:53:05 Reply

At 1/28/13 04:43 PM, LegolaSS wrote: claims to be 19, has a lot of artwork, all seems the same sort of style so far.

A few of them seem to be different in style, such as "To Love...."

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 17:03:33 Reply

At 1/28/13 04:35 PM, CypressDahlia wrote: Anyone else notice this 300300 guy. I feel like he'll get banned eventually anyway but I'm just wondering if anyone is seeing it, too. One of his pieces already taken down. likely took it down himself for damage control.

One of his pics has been reported with a link to the original, so I reckon he'll get flushed eventually.

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 17:07:31 Reply

At 1/28/13 01:44 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: can you pass off any advice for paneling and writing?

Find a book by Scott McCloud called "Making Comics", read it, be enlightened. Or find an online .pdf, who cares.

It's quite a helpful book. By no means should it be your only source of advice (opinions based off of one source tend to be incomplete or flat out wrong), but I would definitely read it if I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Yes, the Making Comics book is a compilation of a ton of sources already, the bibliography for it is two pages long, bite me.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 18:13:28 Reply

At 1/28/13 04:43 PM, LegolaSS

claims to be 19, has a lot of artwork, all seems the same sort of style so far. so that's not ringing any alarm bells, have changed some of the ratings (because of i felt it was "under rated" (so from E to T)... i am weary... either waiting for a slip up or a shadman v2

nah I reported one of his pieces cuz he was dumb enough to upload a page directly from an artbook with the page number in the bottom right corner. Either way the mods have noticed it seems so I won't push the topic any further.

Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 18:16:28 Reply

At 1/28/13 04:30 PM, kanef wrote: apparently i have drawing skills

what do i do now

i dunno, try to get scouted i guess?

I pretty much disagree with your statement entirely though.

Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 18:31:50 Reply

At 1/28/13 04:35 PM, CypressDahlia wrote: Anyone else notice this 300300 guy.

Killed, found many pieces stolen via google image search, others he claimed were only a day old but i found sources of them from months ago, and a few he completely claimed one media, when it obviously wasnt anywhere close to the claimed one. Obvious thief.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 19:59:43 Reply

ooh so much tension...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 20:42:58 Reply

At 1/28/13 10:58 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Um... No really, I make my own. Do you want the recipe? It's fairly simple.

This... needs to be public record.... so make it so...
\Also... I don't think I have ever had sarsaparilla... perhaps it is time I tried...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 22:09:38 Reply

At 1/28/13 08:42 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1/28/13 10:58 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Um... No really, I make my own. Do you want the recipe? It's fairly simple.
This... needs to be public record.... so make it so...
\Also... I don't think I have ever had sarsaparilla... perhaps it is time I tried...

Yes you have. It's basically Root Beer. Some say there's a difference (like me) but root beer is just a watered down version of Sarsaparilla. Anyway, the recipe. For public record:

Make a simple syrup mixing 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan over low heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and the water has cooked down to a syrup Mix in 1 table spoon of Sarsaparilla extract. fill a two liter bottle half way with water. Add your Sarsasyrup and about a Teaspoon of dry activated yeast. Mix vigorously. Then add more water filling about 80% of the bottle. Let sit for 48 hours. Refrigerate and enjoy. *Burp* the bottle by opening it after the 48 hours and every 24 hours to relieve the excess gas until the bottle is about half way empty so the bottle does not explode.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 22:50:49 Reply

At 1/28/13 10:09 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Yes you have. It's basically Root Beer. Some say there's a difference (like me) but root beer is just a watered down version of Sarsaparilla. Anyway, the recipe. For public record:

Make a simple syrup mixing 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan over low heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and the water has cooked down to a syrup Mix in 1 table spoon of Sarsaparilla extract. fill a two liter bottle half way with water. Add your Sarsasyrup and about a Teaspoon of dry activated yeast. Mix vigorously. Then add more water filling about 80% of the bottle. Let sit for 48 hours. Refrigerate and enjoy. *Burp* the bottle by opening it after the 48 hours and every 24 hours to relieve the excess gas until the bottle is about half way empty so the bottle does not explode.

good job number 1, your star captain is pleased.
it seems I have some cooking to do this weekend... when I find some sarsaparilla extract...

didn't I read a tutorial on how to make extracts with vodka some where....

yep, I'm already putting the "Beer" back in "Root Beer...."

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-01-28 22:56:35 Reply

At 1/28/13 10:50 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1/28/13 10:09 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Yes you have. It's basically Root Beer. Some say there's a difference (like me) but root beer is just a watered down version of Sarsaparilla. Anyway, the recipe. For public record:

good job number 1, your star captain is pleased.
it seems I have some cooking to do this weekend... when I find some sarsaparilla extract...
didn't I read a tutorial on how to make extracts with vodka some where....
yep, I'm already putting the "Beer" back in "Root Beer...."

If you cook fresh ginger in the simple syrup (Basically candying the ginger) then strain the ginger chunks out, and use the ginger syrup instead of making Sarsasyrup you can makeGinger Ale instead. Or add Grenadine to the syrup and make Cherry soda.