New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

Please please PLEASE don't reply to him.
I know it's tempting but don't.
Just... don't.
I don't think it's worth telling him the time of day, and you shouldn't either.
If he can't figure out why everyone's upset with him by now, then he'll never figure it out.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 03:02 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 12/8/12 02:56 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
it'd be hella funny to hear someone fall down those steps...
lol GymnopÃf©die No.1 would play while they fell xD lol in slow motion
I can see it now... oh how amazing that fall down the stairs would be.

Aw, man.. slow-mo makes it even worse, hahah.. I'm so wrong for laughing at that..

..incidentally, now I hear where Janet sampled from in one of her older songs. Y'never know what you'll learn on the BBS. :B

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Shoot, I didn't mean 'sampled', I meant 'derived'. Me not know the music lingo. :/

I like that piano building, too. I guess I do get inspiration from sources other than music.. but music is what drives me the most!

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

On the subject of inspiration, I have recently run dry of the imagination I held so dear as a child. Now I deprive myself of sleep to hallucinate and feed off of depression. Which hopefully explains to most people why my stuff looks the way it does. It has actually driven me to literally hate art. I want to bleed whatever bit of "art" there is from my body and mind and be done with it forever before it ends me.

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 04:31 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I want to bleed whatever bit of "art" there is from my body and mind and be done with it forever before it ends me.

You're still young. It's a phase.

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 04:42 PM, Kumakun4 wrote:
At 12/8/12 04:31 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I want to bleed whatever bit of "art" there is from my body and mind and be done with it forever before it ends me.
You're still young. It's a phase.

u do'nt Kno my lyfe and my feels.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 04:31 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: It has actually driven me to literally hate art.

Oof, try getting inspiration from horse mask sex instead.

censored for your pleasure

Art Forum Lounge

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 05:32 PM, Lintire wrote:

I am both appalled, and intrigued... but mostly appalled

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 05:42 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 12/8/12 05:32 PM, Lintire wrote:
I am both appalled, and intrigued... but mostly appalled

Like it huh? Well have some more.

Art Forum Lounge

IronIroh
IronIroh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art? For instance if some guy signs up yesterday and post mediocre work, are you more harsh or forgiving? Like the only thing I have right now is the stupid thing on my page, and was wondering if you guys would act like sharks like you did with that fruitykiwi guy who didn't add a mothe-loving cannon to his blue bimbo.

Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art? For instance if some guy signs up yesterday and post mediocre work, are you more harsh or forgiving? Like the only thing I have right now is the stupid thing on my page, and was wondering if you guys would act like sharks like you did with that fruitykiwi guy who didn't add a mothe-loving cannon to his blue bimbo.

Joining date or skill has nothing to do with it.
It's all about humility and the will to learn.
If you're willing to step out of your comfort zone and try different styles, try different techniques and learn the basics, you'll get far. It's not only true to the art forums, it applies to any discipline.
No matter where you go, there's going to be people who are better than you.
If you can accept that fact and muster the resolve to learn from those people, then your artwork will definitely improve.
And that's really all anyone is saying here.
You need to master the basics before you even think of drawing in the style of your choice.
Otherwise you end up with wonky anatomy and half-assed backgrounds.

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Signup date

In this particular case the user had just created said account to avoid a ban and a poor reputation. For me signup date doesn't matter unless it was created within the same week as posting.

BBS Signature
AnotherOtto
AnotherOtto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

As someone who spends much more time on general where post-count fascism can sometimes be atrocious, I can hoenstly say the art forum is the best I have ever seen for disregarding this meaningless date stamp

I'm not banned, this is just where I'm vulgar.

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 07:29 PM, AnotherOtto wrote: As someone who spends much more time on general where post-count fascism can sometimes be atrocious, I can hoenstly say the art forum is the best I have ever seen for disregarding this meaningless date stamp.

That's because unlike general, the art forums has other ways of measuring someone's credibility.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

It's more your attitude and how I see you treat other members, more than anything else I'd hold you up to.

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art?

Everyone knows that signup date is the most important aspect of all activity on the forum. Don't let anyone tell you different.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 07:40 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art?
Everyone knows that signup date is the most important aspect of all activity on the forum. Don't let anyone tell you different.

It's all about general stats: amount of forum posts, level, rank etc. Personally I won't look at another artists work unless their at least a level 10. Every user should sell their social life in an attempt to gain notoriety in the NG art portal.

/sarcasm

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 07:50 PM, Decky wrote: It's all about general stats: amount of forum posts, level, rank etc. Personally I won't look at another artists work unless their at least a level 10. Every user should sell their social life in an attempt to gain notoriety in the NG art portal.

/sarcasm

No way! It's easy to vote on 5 flash movies a day and even easier to spam the forums. But lets see you go back in time to sign up earlier. Being here longer than others is a huge achievement that makes you worthy of love, respect, and even charity. That said, checks made out to cash pls.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 08:00 PM, Sockembop wrote: No way! It's easy to vote on 5 flash movies a day and even easier to spam the forums. But lets see you go back in time to sign up earlier.

Challenge accepted. I will now retreat to the shed to begin hitting bits of metal with a hammer and staring at test tubes with a look of pure concentration, something is bound to happen eventually, right?

Art Forum Lounge

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 11:08 PM Reply

I'm from 2005 and have 4000+ posts

SO BOW TO ME ASSHOLES, BEFORE I USE MY VILE MAGICS

x-factor110
x-factor110
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 11:08 PM, x-factor11 wrote: I'm from 2005 and have 4000+ posts

SO BOW TO ME ASSHOLES, BEFORE I USE MY VILE MAGICS

magic of the gay variety more like, noob

I AM THE SUPERIOR!

BBS Signature
x-factor110
x-factor110
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 11:14 PM, Escalus wrote: Like this magical gay variety?

yeah like that, but gayer, because he likes to fondle horses and dreams that one day he can get penetrated by a unicorn

I AM THE SUPERIOR!

BBS Signature
x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 11:16 PM, x-factor110 wrote: yeah like that, but gayer, because he likes to fondle horses and dreams that one day he can get penetrated by a unicorn

I told you sea biscuit was a guy, he's not a goddamn horse, I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between a guy with a horse head and an actual horse.

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 12:54 AM Reply

To Lulzy and anyone who dare: DO NOT make a video of me. I find one, and I find you have an NG account, I will report you. You have been warned. See you in a month. And if that time passes by, and I still haven't improved my attitude, then and ONLY then will I allow you to make a video of me. No ifs, ands or buts.

Again, see you on Christmas day, after which I will be gone from the art forum for another week. Like I said, make a video of me, BEFORE any of those times I have perscribed, and I will report you. You have been warned.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 12/9/12 12:54 AM, KiwiSundae wrote:
Again, see you on Christmas day, after which I will be gone from the art forum for another week. Like I said, make a video of me, BEFORE any of those times I have perscribed, and I will report you. You have been warned.

Um if I draw Mario will I get sued by Nintendo. No I won't and you won't be able to sue fucking anyone. If someone draws better than you, than your artwork will become even more of a joke.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:22 AM Reply

If we're discussing stat whores, then everyone can just shut their face :P

Orn is pretty much the only one who outranks me
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 12/9/12 01:16 AM, Absinthe wrote:
At 12/9/12 12:54 AM, KiwiSundae wrote:
Um if I draw Mario will I get sued by Nintendo. No I won't and you won't be able to sue fucking anyone. If someone draws better than you, than your artwork will become even more of a joke.

That's because Nintendo is ALLOWING you to draw Mario. I, however, am NOT allowing anyone to make a derivative work of mine, regardless of how good it is, unless it is shared with ME and only ME. I have that "Do Not Alter" part of the Creative Commons License on my art. And if you violate that, and draw my art without my permission, that violates that Creative Commons License, and I have the option of pursuing charges. If I wanted to let you re-draw something of mine and display it publicly, I would have had no problems with it in the first place, REGARDLESS of the license. Now, either obey the fucking rules, or get reported. Take your pick.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:38 AM Reply

At 12/9/12 01:23 AM, KiwiSundae wrote: That's because Nintendo is ALLOWING you to draw Mario. I, however, am NOT allowing anyone to make a derivative work of mine, regardless of how good it is, unless it is shared with ME and only ME. I have that "Do Not Alter" part of the Creative Commons License on my art. And if you violate that, and draw my art without my permission, that violates that Creative Commons License, and I have the option of pursuing charges. If I wanted to let you re-draw something of mine and display it publicly, I would have had no problems with it in the first place, REGARDLESS of the license. Now, either obey the fucking rules, or get reported. Take your pick.

Well that brings up an interesting question

If Kiwi is right (citations needed) how much could you alter something until it is no longer the same thing

Like if you wanted to make something that looked like Mario, how close could you get to Mario until it is too much like Mario?

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM Reply

If Kiwi is right (citations needed) how much could you alter something until it is no longer the same thing

Like if you wanted to make something that looked like Mario, how close could you get to Mario until it is too much like Mario?

its perfectly legal to make fanart of mario or make alterations for mario as long as it's non profit. Watch this if you have the time and are interested in the subject http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBsTUjd910

My Artsy Thread
Current top 3 forum artists

Fersteger /Flowers10 / ZaneZansorrow

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

At 12/9/12 01:38 AM, x-factor11 wrote:

Or if you started with Mario, how much are you required to adjust him so that there are legal distinctions between the Original and the End Result?