Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 614,046 Views
  • 17,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 17:09:33 Reply

At 10/7/12 01:10 PM, Spags wrote: Also, you get free upgrades to the newest versions, so if you're paying full price anyways for the master suite or whatever (although who does that?), you're still saving money by the time the next iteration rolls out.

man that thing's been out since cs6 was launched ;p it was good of them to offer a cheaper price since they realized 95% of the users pirate their suite due to their high prices

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 17:17:52 Reply

Hey, anyone know if we are having a pumpkin carving contest this year?
And if we are, can I start early. I have my piece lined up and wanna get it churned out tonight/tomorrow. I have a carving demonstration that I have to do for some folks on tuesday, and I need a display piece to show while I'm carving a new one.
Just figured I'd ask since I haven't seen anything on the calender or in tom's post.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 17:47:28 Reply

At 10/7/12 05:17 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Hey, anyone know if we are having a pumpkin carving contest this year?
And if we are, can I start early. I have my piece lined up and wanna get it churned out tonight/tomorrow. I have a carving demonstration that I have to do for some folks on tuesday, and I need a display piece to show while I'm carving a new one.
Just figured I'd ask since I haven't seen anything on the calender or in tom's post.

Well, I asked Tom, and he said he was going to hold on this year.
The only head start on it I would suggest is maybe early planning. You don't want to carve it up now and have it fall apart by the contest time.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 18:33:55 Reply

At 10/7/12 05:47 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/7/12 05:17 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Hey, anyone know if we are having a pumpkin carving contest this year?
And if we are, can I start early. I have my piece lined up and wanna get it churned out tonight/tomorrow. I have a carving demonstration that I have to do for some folks on tuesday, and I need a display piece to show while I'm carving a new one.
Just figured I'd ask since I haven't seen anything on the calender or in tom's post.
Well, I asked Tom, and he said he was going to hold on this year.
The only head start on it I would suggest is maybe early planning. You don't want to carve it up now and have it fall apart by the contest time.

Well, I was hoping to get it done and get my photos of it taken. Either way, I don't have much choice. I gotta have a display piece. If I have to, I'll carve another. I have a contest with friends around the 30th anyway.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 20:49:03 Reply

Side note - Loving the Halloween themed icons, especially since each level has its own picture now :D


BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 21:01:51 Reply

At 10/7/12 08:49 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Side note - Loving the Halloween themed icons, especially since each level has its own picture now :D

All I got is a stick, I'm jealous of Jonny's zombie shark lazer thingy mcjigger and your necromancer book lego :<


BBS Signature
Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 21:08:46 Reply

At 10/7/12 09:01 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 10/7/12 08:49 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Side note - Loving the Halloween themed icons, especially since each level has its own picture now :D
All I got is a stick, I'm jealous of Jonny's zombie shark lazer thingy mcjigger and your necromancer book lego :<

Are you sure it's a stick? It could be fat free bacon.


BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 21:11:55 Reply

At 10/7/12 09:08 PM, Sockembop wrote: Are you sure it's a stick? It could be fat free bacon.

All I know is I've seen people with a Boo from Mario as an icon and that's the best in my mind so far. Blows my head on a spike right out of the water.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 21:28:28 Reply

At 10/7/12 09:11 PM, Decky wrote:
At 10/7/12 09:08 PM, Sockembop wrote: Are you sure it's a stick? It could be fat free bacon.
All I know is I've seen people with a Boo from Mario as an icon and that's the best in my mind so far. Blows my head on a spike right out of the water.

Are you sure that's not a Mudokon Pop?

Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 21:50:33 Reply

Zane you got a twizzler.
you lucky dickens

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 22:02:35 Reply

At 10/7/12 09:50 PM, M-Vero wrote: Zane you got a twizzler.
you lucky dickens

OOOooooooooh, a twizzler, ok I'm happy now :{3

I was struck with disappointment when I thought it was a regular ole stick, but it's entirely different when it's a twizzler >:) mwahahahaha, evil twizzler >:{D


BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 22:04:45 Reply

Well, it may not be eligible for the contest for being early, but I'm still happy with it.

Gotta correct that eyebrow later.

Larry! I choose You!

Art Forum Lounge


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 22:20:28 Reply

At 10/7/12 10:04 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Well, it may not be eligible for the contest for being early, but I'm still happy with it.
Gotta correct that eyebrow later.
Larry! I choose You!

Nice, looks like sonic a bit :P

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 22:41:40 Reply

At 10/7/12 10:04 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Larry! I choose You!

Looks a bit pudgy.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-07 23:31:05 Reply

Ha, Larry the chubby hedgehog. I like it.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MrFap
MrFap
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-08 10:15:53 Reply

Anyone heard of Inkscape? It's basically a free version of adobe illustrator and it's great.
So if you're into vector design you should definitely check it out!

(first attempt in Inkscape)

Art Forum Lounge

MrFap
MrFap
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-08 10:17:18 Reply

At 10/8/12 10:15 AM, MrFap wrote: Anyone heard of Inkscape? It's basically a free version of adobe illustrator and it's great.
So if you're into vector design you should definitely check it out!

(first attempt in Inkscape)

oops forgot the link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscape/?source=recommended

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-08 11:38:48 Reply

At 10/8/12 10:15 AM, MrFap wrote: Anyone heard of Inkscape?

Yeah I have heard of it, but never really thought to give it a try. Since I already have illustrator and all.

Perhaps one day I should go out and try all the different freeware out there.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-08 20:16:46 Reply

Our movie jam submission is finally out.
Praise to Flowers, Test, Aigis and Johobo for doing all the work.

  • Plane Crazy
    Plane Crazy by Flowers10

    Aerophobia and movie references. What's not to like.

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    195 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-08 23:48:48 Reply

Well well well, would you look at this place.. o__o

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-08 23:56:59 Reply

At 10/8/12 11:48 PM, CloudEater wrote: Well well well, would you look at this place.. o__o

Well well well, look what the cat dragged in.....

Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-09 00:50:42 Reply

At 10/8/12 08:16 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Our movie jam submission is finally out.
Praise to Flowers, Test, Aigis and Johobo for doing all the work.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604142

Haha, awesome, you guys made a good team, despite the lateness. Your skills meshed well :) I liked it a lot.

At 10/8/12 11:48 PM, CloudEater wrote: Well well well, would you look at this place.. o__o

Frand!!! :D Omgomgomg! While you're here, do some cool stuff like the calendar competition or something!!!

MeowolaSS
MeowolaSS
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-09 03:48:36 Reply

At 10/8/12 11:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Well well well, look what the cat dragged in.....

Would you like me to drag more people around?


Meow <3

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-09 05:52:05 Reply

At 10/8/12 11:48 PM, CloudEater wrote: Well well well, would you look at this place.. o__o

who is this asshole.
what, he thinks he can parade around like he owns the place now?

:3


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-10 01:42:51 Reply

At 10/9/12 05:52 AM, test-object wrote:
At 10/8/12 11:48 PM, CloudEater wrote: Well well well, would you look at this place.. o__o
who is this asshole.
what, he thinks he can parade around like he owns the place now?

Well I do own the place.. so yeah. I can parade around however I like!
See..!

Art Forum Lounge

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-10 02:49:23 Reply

At 10/10/12 01:42 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 10/9/12 05:52 AM, test-object wrote: what, he thinks he can parade around like he owns the place now?
Well I do own the place.. so yeah. I can parade around however I like!
See..!

Well....
Then I for one welcome our new Cloud Overlords


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-10 09:07:20 Reply

At 10/10/12 01:42 AM, CloudEater wrote: See..!

I'm pretty sure that's a typo.....
It's supposed to say "big-jonny-13"

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-10 09:48:11 Reply

At 10/10/12 09:07 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/10/12 01:42 AM, CloudEater wrote: See..!
I'm pretty sure that's a typo.....
It's supposed to say "big-jonny-13"

if you say so...

Art Forum Lounge


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-10 10:29:39 Reply

At 10/10/12 09:48 AM, J-qb wrote: if you say so...

Wait a minute, strike that, reverse it.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-10 21:40:16 Reply

Alright guys. Lets see if I can enlist some minor help
Got a game I have been working on... art wise... and you know. Here
Please go play this

  • Shadow Wolf Combat
    Shadow Wolf Combat by Splyth

    Fight your way through the enemy armada to take down their secret weapon

    Type
    Game Project

Ok And if you find any problems, bugs, issues, or have any complaints or questions please send them to either
shargon.newgrounds.com
or
splyth.newgrounds.com

I guess you could PM me... but... yeah fine, I'll take the complaints too.

It would be really helpful to get any feedback we can. We would also like to know if this idea is worth continuing.
This is just the demo we have gotten together and from here we plan on building out the rest of the levels, more bosses, music, shops, tutorials and a bunch of other stuff, which is all pretty much done, just got to put it together.

So Yeah, feedback. If you want, we will list anyone who helps out in the beta tester section or something.
Really guys, we need the feedback, and thanks for listing to my random rant...

Please don't PM me... PM the others.. .they're the ones in charge, I'm just an artist working for my measly whiskey ration...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature