Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 715,439 Views
  • 17,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 11:29:36 Reply

At 9/11/12 11:22 AM, Ludic wrote:
At 9/11/12 10:09 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I hate when I'm trying to undo something, but I miss the ctrl key, so only the Z is pressed and it goes to zoom.
I hate when I'm trying to merge layers with ctrl-e and I miss and click ctrl-w and the file closes.

I hate it when I'm using a white brush rather than an eraser and I keep pressing b but it won't switch. Also hate jonny's one although I also get that when I'm trying to press x (switch foreground/background color) and miss.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 11:51:13 Reply

At 9/11/12 11:20 AM, J-qb wrote: would you look at that, red stars instead of badges.

Red stars AND if you were originally listed as "member", it now says "supporter"

Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 12:11:46 Reply

I am not doing this to kiss ass or anything, but is there a way to not disable ads and also get the supporter thing? I just really dig the atmosphere of websites sometimes and without getting into it, I kind of like ads as long as they aren't getting in my way of doing things.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 15:12:52 Reply

At 9/11/12 11:29 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/11/12 11:22 AM, Ludic wrote:
At 9/11/12 10:09 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I hate when I'm trying to undo something, but I miss the ctrl key, so only the Z is pressed and it goes to zoom.
I hate when I'm trying to merge layers with ctrl-e and I miss and click ctrl-w and the file closes.
I hate it when I'm using a white brush rather than an eraser and I keep pressing b but it won't switch. Also hate jonny's one although I also get that when I'm trying to press x (switch foreground/background color) and miss.

All of you kids using this new technology computer thingamajig, I use pencils, pens, erasers, and pencils. Never hurts to have a tablet though.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Ludic
Ludic
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 16:17:58 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:12 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
All of you kids using this new technology computer thingamajig, I use pencils, pens, erasers, and pencils. Never hurts to have a tablet though.

hurts your wallet

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 16:30:39 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:12 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: All of you kids using this new technology computer thingamajig, I use pencils, pens, erasers, and pencils. Never hurts to have a tablet though.

You're younger than all 3 of us.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Writer
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 18:46:44 Reply

At 9/11/12 03:12 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: All of you kids using this new technology computer thingamajig, I use pencils, pens, erasers, and pencils. Never hurts to have a tablet though.

I know that feel bro. Though I'm technically a kid myself. Yeah.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-11 22:56:54 Reply

At 9/11/12 12:11 PM, Spags wrote: I am not doing this to kiss ass or anything, but is there a way to not disable ads and also get the supporter thing? I just really dig the atmosphere of websites sometimes and without getting into it, I kind of like ads as long as they aren't getting in my way of doing things.

You could make an alt and then make it a supporter.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 01:31:54 Reply

At 9/11/12 10:56 PM, lovingthedark wrote: You could make an alt and then make it a supporter.

But I want a red star, a supporter title, and justification to act pretentiously.

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 06:46:45 Reply

SHORT CUTS AND HOT KEYS

Why am I not seeing the one that I use the most in both those programs, ctrl+t. Or ctrl+alt+i.
Granted ctrl+t is broken as fuck in illustrator (godamnshittyassfuckinnipplesuckingballsshitfuckofadildocunt smasherprogram...) but these are crucial for doing any sort of photo editing which I'm sure is what more people use Photoshop for than for straight up design.

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 07:03:01 Reply

At 9/12/12 01:31 AM, Spags wrote:
At 9/11/12 10:56 PM, lovingthedark wrote: You could make an alt and then make it a supporter.
But I want a red star, a supporter title, and justification to act pretentiously.

I want one of the red stars too but I'd have to make a new icon I don't think the purple and green would do with the red. It's little stuff like that I can't be bothered with.


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 08:04:25 Reply

At 9/12/12 06:46 AM, ornery wrote: Why am I not seeing the one that I use the most in both those programs, ctrl+t. Or ctrl+alt+i.

What does ctrl+t do?

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 10:33:07 Reply

At 9/12/12 08:04 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/12/12 06:46 AM, ornery wrote: Why am I not seeing the one that I use the most in both those programs, ctrl+t. Or ctrl+alt+i.
What does ctrl+t do?

Wait seriously? Transform. It works properly in photoshop, allowing for quick resizing, rotating or warping of a layer, in illustrator though it just fails miserably since apparently rotating a vector is beyond that programs capabilities for its transform function (instead you need to press R or something, WHICH ISNT LISTED ANYWHERE UNDER ANY HOTKEY IN THE PROGRAM.....)

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 10:34:18 Reply

At 9/12/12 08:04 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: What does ctrl+t do?

"Add tits" filter.


BBS Signature
Izzy-A
Izzy-A
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-12 17:57:15 Reply

Does anyone know how to make your own font file? I did these in flash and now I'm not sure if I can make them a tiff or something

Art Forum Lounge

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 00:30:32 Reply

Man, You ever replace the blade in your X-acto and all you can seem to think is "Damn, now this fucker can cut!"
it seems like I forget every time how sharp a new blade is.

Haven't cut myself lately though... so thats a good thing....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 02:12:06 Reply

For all the Homestuck Fans out there. It is a MSPA Kickstarter, and it has gotten huge.

Ludic
Ludic
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 06:41:13 Reply

At 9/14/12 03:06 AM, Larkatosa wrote: I spent 3000 sek on art classes! woO!

Wooooo

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 08:38:49 Reply

At 9/14/12 02:12 AM, MajesticBob wrote: For all the Homestuck Fans out there. It is a MSPA Kickstarter, and it has gotten huge.

That's just ridiculous. It reached 1 000 000 in a week.
And I'm pretty sure you don't need 700 000 to make a game.

Ludic
Ludic
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 09:01:37 Reply

At 9/14/12 08:38 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/14/12 02:12 AM, MajesticBob wrote: For all the Homestuck Fans out there. It is a MSPA Kickstarter, and it has gotten huge.
That's just ridiculous. It reached 1 000 000 in a week.
And I'm pretty sure you don't need 700 000 to make a game.

Yepp, he just wants dat schweet schweet money.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 10:21:14 Reply

So one of my friends showed me a contest where you can enter to win a laptop, so I thought, "Hey, why not?"
So if any of you guys want to offer your support, all you have to do is click this link, and it gains me additional contest entries.
I'm not forcing any of you guys to, but I'd appreciate it if you would.

Ludic
Ludic
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 11:57:01 Reply

At 9/14/12 10:21 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So one of my friends showed me a contest where you can enter to win a laptop, so I thought, "Hey, why not?"
So if any of you guys want to offer your support, all you have to do is click this link, and it gains me additional contest entries.
I'm not forcing any of you guys to, but I'd appreciate it if you would.

Done and done.

MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 13:52:36 Reply

At 9/14/12 08:38 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/14/12 02:12 AM, MajesticBob wrote: For all the Homestuck Fans out there. It is a MSPA Kickstarter, and it has gotten huge.
That's just ridiculous. It reached 1 000 000 in a week.
And I'm pretty sure you don't need 700 000 to make a game.

Actually It kinda does. He's trying to make a professional level game and that does take a good bit of scratch. Keep in mind Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut %10, then he has to pay for all the swag he offered as rewards, taxes, fees, red tape, marketing, and a million other things you may not be aware of. Can you make a game for cheap? Sure you can. Like "Country Justice, Revenge of the Rednecks" But good games take money. People have been clamoring for a Homestuck game for a while, so my guess is just wants to do it right.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 14:03:14 Reply

At 9/14/12 01:52 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Can you make a game for cheap? Sure you can. Like "Country Justice, Revenge of the Rednecks"

What do you expect for a payment of a 6 pack of cheap beer and a country dinner. Half-life3?


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 14:19:02 Reply

At 9/14/12 02:03 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 9/14/12 01:52 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Can you make a game for cheap? Sure you can. Like "Country Justice, Revenge of the Rednecks"
What do you expect for a payment of a 6 pack of cheap beer and a country dinner. Half-life3?

Kisei, Do you know from experience? Did..did you touch the farmer's daughter?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 14:28:55 Reply

At 9/14/12 02:19 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Kisei, Do you know from experience? Did..did you touch the farmer's daughter?

I can neither confirm nor deny due to a court gag order


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 21:54:52 Reply

At 9/14/12 02:28 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 9/14/12 02:19 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Kisei, Do you know from experience? Did..did you touch the farmer's daughter?
I can neither confirm nor deny due to a court gag order

That's what she said! WOOO!

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 20:57:47 Reply

Look in to my background... Deep in to my background, become entranced.. you will do my bidding.... I am your master... You will please your master... Bring me high end liquor...... yes... liquor.... now go my slaves... and do my bidding...

Dicking around with some small animations for a game
In lounge to bring me the most slaves....

Art Forum Lounge


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-17 21:03:44 Reply

At 9/14/12 09:54 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 9/14/12 02:28 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 9/14/12 02:19 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Kisei, Do you know from experience? Did..did you touch the farmer's daughter?
I can neither confirm nor deny due to a court gag order
That's what she said! WOOO!

The court's reach is both wide and terrifying.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-18 00:04:45 Reply

At 9/17/12 08:57 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Dicking around with some small animations for a game
In lounge to bring me the most slaves....

Feels very DOS, very Commander Keen.....