bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 08:51 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:29 AM, lovingthedark wrote: Oh yeah, that guy. He managed to give himself low-level brain damage taking too many drugs in too short a period.

Well, that's always a fun side-effect, now isn't it.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:32 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/9/12 11:54 PM, M-Maher wrote: verily,
Please stop.

I care not now, This situation of conflict has become tediously arbitrary and monotonous, I'm fair game.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:32 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/9/12 11:54 PM, M-Maher wrote: verily,
Please stop.

That was exactly what I did.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 01:59 AM Reply

Taking some college art classes, beginning oil/acrylic painting, beginning drawing, and Adobe Illustrator class.
Course materials ended up taking a thousand dollars out of my pocket. I dont mind though since i can see this stuff being a investment.

Spoiled myself a bit a got a Intous 5 and a 1TB external hard drive for my Illustrator class, and i had to buy some 50 dollar Adobe book about illustrator.

Oils/Drawing supplies came out to be around five or six hundred dollars. Oil gets pricey :s

Ill be posting progress and will most likely be asking questions mostly about Illustrator or Oil painting. In other news during the introduction every single fucking person there either drew terrible anime, drew terribly in general, or said they wanted to be a game designer thus making them want to attend AI in San Francisco. The game design part peeved me a bit because of the sheer lack of understanding of games and design it would take to even get into QA or moving up to be a code monkey. Also i represented Newgrounds hard with my shirt, no one noticed. Kinda disappointing with my digital illustration peers. ;_;

Other than that i wanted to stop by and say i love you all and stuff. <3 <3 <3 <3

BBS Signature
TwilightFa
TwilightFa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 02:24 AM Reply

I am new for this forum.Still learing.Will share new art soon.

██ Co-owner cheap sunglasses oakley |
██ Currently available for Sunglasses For Sale

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 01:59 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: In other news during the introduction every single fucking person there either drew terrible anime, drew terribly in general, or said they wanted to be a game designer thus making them want to attend AI in San Francisco.

Makes things easy for you, because then you don't have to try hard to look 100x better than everyone else.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 01:59 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Taking some college art classes, beginning oil/acrylic painting, beginning drawing, and Adobe Illustrator class.
Course materials ended up taking a thousand dollars out of my pocket. I dont mind though since i can see this stuff being a investment.

awesome, good luck man. i look forward to your progress!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 01:59 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Other than that i wanted to stop by and say i love you all and stuff. <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 :3
Good luck and have fun and stuff, it's good to see you doing stuff with your life :P

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 09:48 AM Reply

I remember some of the terrible anatomy in comic books being brought up a few weeks back, specifically Liefield.
Here's something I found today, pretty hilarious and relevant to that.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 05:07 PM Reply

A while ago when i was interning with a game company some of you might remember me bitching about the terrible computer i had to use. It was a Dell, which is saying enough without having to list out any specs. Long story short my work day was nearly being doubled because of how slow this piece of shit was. The best art program i got to work on it was Paint.net which is pretty steep when you are making game assets. And saving a picture at print resolution at a large size would sometimes take hours. I gradually became more and more frustrated and exhausted because of how much effort i would have to pour into a simple task. My father being the cool guy he is noticed and brought me one of the old work computers from his office that he no longer used. At first glance it looked like a small, outdated notebook. But i was ecstatic when he turned the screen around and turned the computer into a tablet, with a pen and everything.

At first i just used it for MS Painting and such, because the computer only about 1.5 gigs of Ram and the hard drive is something like 35 or 40 gigs, not very impressive. Also the computer wouldn't pick up wifi so i assumed it had no wireless card after many attempts to try and re install the wireless driver.

But as i used the computer i started noticing it's many features. It has a thumb scanner, a built in mic, shortcut buttons for the tablet interface, and rotating tablet screen, and i recently discovered it indeed does have wireless. I also installed Windows 7 last night and it runs a lot faster. Also if you make some minor tweaks to the system and fix some MS bugs it will run even faster.

I just really wanted to recommend this little guy to anyone interested in having a computer for working on art while on the road, or having a portable alternative for school or work. These are also workforce computers so they are built extremely durable.

Some downfalls are that it lacks a actual track pad and has one of those awkward keyboard nipples, it has very limited storage, and the tablet isn't quite up to date. While the tablet end of this laptop was handled by Wacom, it was a while ago so it doesnt have pressure sensitivity. Which i know is a big downfall for some PS painters. As far as getting art programs on to it, downloading portable versions of PS, Flash, Illustrator, etc, onto a external hard drive are the best way to go. I actually use portable versions even for desktop work just to keep my tower un cluttered with programs.

The best thing about this though, is the price. You can find them used from 100 to 200 dollars (USD). Really affordable if you ask me, its extremely versatile and a 1.5 gigs of ram isn't terrible. Also as far as the hard drive goes, you can get a TB Hard Drive at Best Buy for $100.00.

I just wanted to recommend one of these to all of you. I know there are probably better models and newer tablet PC's but this one is super cheap for what it is. If you cant afford a fancy tablet laptop then i personally think this is the best alternative. You can read up on the entire thinkpad series here.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 09:48 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I remember some of the terrible anatomy in comic books being brought up a few weeks back, specifically Liefield.

On the same note This is entertaining and frustrating

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 05:23 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 8/17/12 09:48 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I remember some of the terrible anatomy in comic books being brought up a few weeks back, specifically Liefield.
On the same note This is entertaining and frustrating

Also on that subject I was looking through that list and holy shit, does liefield really think this is what happens to torsos at profile?

Art Forum Lounge

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 05:58 PM Reply

If you ask the art forum to make/redesign a logo for free, you're gonna have a bad time.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 05:51 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Also on that subject I was looking through that list and holy shit, does liefield really think this is what happens to torsos at profile?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't
those pictures are made with the sole purpose of looking cool to a general comic-aficionado. I don't know how far he succeeds in that but proper perspective/anatomy really isn't the goal here, the pic is supposed to convey that this is a guy with superhuman strength. Sure the many problems his work has could be kind of a deal-breaker for me too; but I'm pretty sure I'm not his target audience.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 05:51 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Also on that subject I was looking through that list and holy shit, does liefield really think this is what happens to torsos at profile?

Yes.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 01:22 AM Reply

At 8/18/12 08:19 PM, Kashi wrote:
Yes.

I knew it.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

Congrats on the Gold Aura, Lego! :D

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 07:28 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Congrats on the Gold Aura, Lego! :D

Wait, what?????

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

So it finally happened.

I can't wait to be banned by Legolass!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 02:03 AM Reply

Why thank you nae, :3

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 04:16 AM Reply

Yo lego, your aura sucks balls.

I'll beat you to the punch, Fifty

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 04:35 AM Reply

Gee lego! How come your mom lets you have two gold auras?

fuckin' dualwielding
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 05:44 AM Reply

Oh cool beans! Gratz Lego :D

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 8/21/12 02:03 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Why thank you nae, :3

Oh, never mind, the aura is a lie.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 09:49 AM Reply

At 8/21/12 09:44 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Oh, never mind, the aura is a lie.

Why's it a lie?

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Good on ya, Lego :3

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Anyone know what kinds of paint don't work/age well on cars? I botched a paint job on my 68 VW Bug (mostly cuz I did it in the open and bugs were ramming themselves into the car as I was painting it) and I'm leaning towards just drawing whatevers and painting it over then sealing it with some clear coat. I don't know though, if I used say, acrylics, whether or not it'll sit right on the metal or react in some way (the paint I used reacted weird to the damn bondo the previous owner lied to me about). Anywho, anyone know? Or is it just a guessing game?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 8/23/12 06:32 PM, Knocturne wrote: Anyone know what kinds of paint don't work/age well on cars? anyone know? Or is it just a guessing game?

I use some of this, http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_shimrin.
jsp
its made specifically for car metals, just a word though, get a high quality respirator and do your painting in an enclosed space, something literally closed off from outside I use a storage container fitted with lights, its okay for bikes but I think with a bug you'll need more space so go ask some of your local garages or somewhere where you can drive you car in and be away from the elements if you can do this they're usually cool about it.

also get a paint gun and masking tape, different widths for accuracy and something biodegradable like paper that doesn't soak in as much like craft paper, cover your headlights, tail lights, windscreen, windows, wheels and trim in that stuff, when you get down to painting, or rather at this point spraying, remember you can add minimal effects with a paint brush after its dried, just don't get too much paint on the brush or it'll drip on your work, unless that's the thing you're going for , good idea to use black, but any color that contrasts works

also if its a bug heres a suggestion, paint the trim chrome, including the hubcaps, (if you still have them) its just essential for the bug to be adorned in chrome, its trim is all over, its asking for it!

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 8/23/12 06:32 PM, Knocturne wrote: Anyone know what kinds of paint don't work/age well on cars?

OH FORGOT!

You need paint primer, ask for some at your local automobile parts shop