Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 693,137 Views
  • 17,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 03:31:22 Reply

http://www.robhruppel.com/

Be INSPIRED


Word to your mother

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 03:48:31 Reply

At 8/2/12 01:08 AM, NuclearWarFare wrote: I think we should do another Papercraft competition. I've always loved scrolling through the entries and think I would do one this year. Any big competition would be great... Any...

There's some stuff coming up.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 08:40:14 Reply

At 8/2/12 01:16 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I actually wanted to have some sort of pixel art event/competition. But im not one of competitive taste so it would be more like a massive collab, if it ever happened.

We had a pixel collab before......
Ash was gonna put into a flash, but then he left.....
Actually, that seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it?
Knocturne started up the Tarrot Card Collab, then he left.
And Spags was running the Emoticon Collab and he's pretty much gone now too.
Very strange.....

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 08:48:17 Reply

At 8/2/12 08:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
We had a pixel collab before......
Ash was gonna put into a flash, but then he left.....
Actually, that seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it?
Knocturne started up the Tarrot Card Collab, then he left.
And Spags was running the Emoticon Collab and he's pretty much gone now too.
Very strange.....

I Blame violent cartoons, comic books and the jitterbug for corrupting today's youth.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 09:23:28 Reply

At 8/2/12 08:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: We had a pixel collab before......
Ash was gonna put into a flash, but then he left.....
Actually, that seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it?
Knocturne started up the Tarrot Card Collab, then he left.
And Spags was running the Emoticon Collab and he's pretty much gone now too.

and Legolass was running the levels collab
and Mcjesus was running the metropolis destruction collab
not a new thing; that stuff has always happened. Compiling an art collab is a lot of work if you want to do it right; especially if you're not a flash-pro.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 09:25:40 Reply

At 8/2/12 09:23 AM, J-qb wrote: not a new thing; that stuff has always happened. Compiling an art collab is a lot of work if you want to do it right; especially if you're not a flash-pro.

>Start up art collab
> Collab nearly finished
> Leave forum forever

Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 09:36:23 Reply

It's obvious that collab organizers a getting offed.
watch your asses, it could be anyone.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 09:52:22 Reply

Hey guys, i am still alivE, nothing wrong with the coLlab... had a few Problems but renaenae helped ME out


BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 10:19:13 Reply

<- has a PhD.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 10:41:28 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: <- has a PhD.

In what? Kicking ass and taking names?

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Writer
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 10:52:48 Reply

Ah, the levels collab. I remember it as the first collab I ever tried to join in. I never got in though. Good times, good times indeed. Maybe I should start a collab?

hahahaha, NO.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 13:47:14 Reply

Collabs crumble because something called life usually comes along and fucks everything up. I say we track this life thing down, and show it a thing or two.


BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 14:53:32 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:41 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: <- has a PhD.
In what? Kicking ass and taking names?

No, a Phd in love...Mm!


I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 15:18:45 Reply

At 8/2/12 02:54 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: <- has a PhD.
In what? Kicking ass and taking names?
No, a Phd in love...Mm!
PhD in making gay porno.

I'm just going to wait here for a moment....

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 16:07:52 Reply

At 8/2/12 02:54 PM, Amaranthus wrote: PhD in making gay porno.

I look at you, and I see everything that is wrong with kids these days.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 16:13:59 Reply

At 8/2/12 04:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/2/12 02:54 PM, Amaranthus wrote: PhD in making gay porno.
I look at you, and I see everything that is wrong with kids these days.

and so it begins...

radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 20:03:38 Reply

At 8/2/12 02:54 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 8/2/12 02:53 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:41 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: <- has a PhD.
In what? Kicking ass and taking names?
No, a Phd in love...Mm!
PhD in making gay porno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kts-bUSKl7M


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 21:52:23 Reply

Not sure if I need to make a whole topic for this, but anyway how many of you guys use mannequins for a reference?

The only time I find the need to use one is when I need to foreshorten.

Art Forum Lounge


3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-03 03:21:36 Reply

At 8/2/12 09:52 PM, Absinthe wrote: Not sure if I need to make a whole topic for this, but anyway how many of you guys use mannequins for a reference?

Yeah, when I'm drawing mannequins it really comes in helpful.

radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-03 03:44:56 Reply

At 8/2/12 09:52 PM, Absinthe wrote: Not sure if I need to make a whole topic for this, but anyway how many of you guys use mannequins for a reference?

Once, in a still life. They don't mimic the human body well enough for my taste, and it's easier to just use a mirror or a camera and my own body to figure out poses.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

sTiker01
sTiker01
  • Member since: May. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-03 15:27:48 Reply

I agree with Captain-Carrion, we should do a pixel art collab! We could recruit people to create a piece with a certain theme, and mesh them all together like a quilt! The Pixel Quilt Collab!! eh.....EH?!

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-03 16:35:38 Reply

At 8/3/12 03:27 PM, sTiker01 wrote: I agree with Captain-Carrion, we should do a pixel art collab! We could recruit people to create a piece with a certain theme, and mesh them all together like a quilt! The Pixel Quilt Collab!! eh.....EH?!

Like I said, we tried and it failed miserably

sTiker01
sTiker01
  • Member since: May. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 03:34:21 Reply

At 8/3/12 04:35 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/3/12 03:27 PM, sTiker01 wrote: I agree with Captain-Carrion, we should do a pixel art collab! We could recruit people to create a piece with a certain theme, and mesh them all together like a quilt! The Pixel Quilt Collab!! eh.....EH?!
Like I said, we tried and it failed miserably

Awww....

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 07:07:59 Reply

Non-isometric, more stylized pixel art collab. Like stuff that would actually be used in assets of a game or something.

Maybe a joint mockup, where there is a list of tasks such as grass tiles, dirt tiles, rock titles,character sprites, etc. Each person snags a task and has x amount of days to contribute. The final picture would be a tile sheet that each contributor could arrange into their own mockup.

Or something like a GB color palette collab where each person gets 4shades to work with and each picture will actually be a different shaded pixel within a larger design. So more detailed little 4x4 8x8 or 16x16 squares used to form a larger, more minimal arrangement.

Something along the lines of that, i found the other pixel collab rather boring because it was a set isometric style that wasn't very free to work with in terms of character. Subject matter and quality may have varied but all in all it all looked too hooked up to a grid for my personal taste.

Im not saying i would do any of these any time soon, im a bit busy. Just wanted to clarify that i was not referring to the other pixel collab.
<3

Art Forum Lounge


BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 08:19:53 Reply

At 8/4/12 07:07 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: each person gets 4shades to work with and each picture will actually be a different shaded pixel within a larger design. So more detailed little 4x4 8x8 or 16x16 squares used to form a larger, more minimal arrangement.

I think this is a great idea


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 13:19:14 Reply

At 8/4/12 08:19 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 8/4/12 07:07 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: each person gets 4shades to work with and each picture will actually be a different shaded pixel within a larger design. So more detailed little 4x4 8x8 or 16x16 squares used to form a larger, more minimal arrangement.
I think this is a great idea

As do I. 4x4 or 8x8 seems too small, though. Can't really do much with that. 16x16 mightwork, but even then I'd like to see it bumped up to 32x32 or something.

Also, since people post personal news in this thread, might as well say that I've been accepted into film school. Looking forward to my long and fruitful career at McDonald's once I get my degree.


Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 13:52:28 Reply

You could also fade each drawing between eachother with some basic dithering.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 18:00:47 Reply

At 8/4/12 02:49 PM, BilalZ wrote: so people who play the game and others might already know this,there are some pretty cool time lapses of the league of legends characters on there youtube, here is the link to the play list.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD861C45402183572&feat ure=plcp

Everyone loves the lawls.


BBS Signature
sTiker01
sTiker01
  • Member since: May. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 23:07:51 Reply

At 8/4/12 01:19 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Also, since people post personal news in this thread, might as well say that I've been accepted into film school. Looking forward to my long and fruitful career at McDonald's once I get my degree.

Wow! Congratulations man! What film school if you mind me asking? I aim to attend Suni Purchase myself if I can get past their insanely prestigious ways...

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-04 23:53:19 Reply

At 8/4/12 01:19 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:

Also, since people post personal news in this thread, might as well say that I've been accepted into film school. Looking forward to my long and fruitful career at McDonald's once I get my degree.

Don't be so negative, you'll go to the top...

...and work at Wendy's