Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-27 07:26:37 Reply

At 12/27/11 07:04 AM, J-qb wrote: you know you want this

Surprisingly... yeah, i want that to be an actual thing.

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-27 07:56:08 Reply

That trailer fills me with so many conflicting emotions that I don't know what to say.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-28 02:49:30 Reply

Where is Amber Lamps?

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-28 06:45:08 Reply

Were you not expecting a tablet attachment for a wiimote not to be a shitty hunk of plastic?
Then again, most attachments for wiimotes are shitty hunks of plastic that do nothing, so it's nice to see this one at least has a function other than making it look more likes something from whatever game you're playing.

While on the topic of games, star wars is fantastic, great mmo in a sea of wowclones, despite it also being a wowclone it has great story and a personality rather than a shitty gimmick or god forbid freemium.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-28 07:40:53 Reply

At 12/28/11 02:49 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Where is Amber Lamps?

eh?

Art Forum Lounge

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-28 08:36:32 Reply

so today i was sat upright in bed reading a book, the morning sun shining through the closed curtains, i heard the rattle of the gravel path leading up to my home, the letter box rattled and flapped with a metallic ring and a flutter of post hit the doormat, unaware what lay before me i finished my chapter i was reading and got cleaned and properly clothed, that's when the lingering memory recalled like the ringing of a gunshot, was this from nae?... i rushed onto the landing and hugged the banister and span, spanning two steps at a time, gleeful smile upon my wide eyed face, like a child on Christmas day finding out the largest gift wrapped present underneath the tree had his name on it. as i passed the wall shielding my view from the door, i saw a large envelope laying in the spotlight created by the glass in the front door. my heart exploded and hands trembled as i picked up the package trying to read the fainted handwriting as the package shook between my fingers... Renae, i burst into a full blown smile and gleefully danced into the living room and plopped my self into the computer chair and carefully opened the white envelope hands shaking wildly wondering what wonders hid inside this travel worn package. a newgrounds calender! fantastic... but i was far more interested in the red envelope that hid at the bottom of the package... in black clean written handwriting the name "ashley" i flipped it over and carefully un-tacked the square folded envelope, i already knew what the card looked like as it slid into my right hand, i opened the card... the smile hurting my face as it grew ever bigger with every word i read, it placed it down on calender, its cover standing open so the writing was exposed so i could stare at it some more... fantastic!... i just need to frame for it now :D... but first i need to write about it to let nae know how i felt this morning :D.

I can honestly say, this is the best Christmas present i have ever had <3

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-28 09:23:15 Reply

At 12/28/11 08:36 AM, LegolaSS wrote: I can honestly say, this is the best Christmas present i have ever had <3

When you wake up in the morning what's the first thing that you see?

BB-7
BB-7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-30 20:15:02 Reply

At 12/28/11 09:23 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: When you wake up in the morning what's the first thing that you see?

Well I don't see anything untill a minute later, but I think to myself: "DAMN IT I'M AWAKE!"

BB-7
BB-7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-30 20:16:34 Reply

I need someone to teach me how to sketch the human body. PM me for more info, because ToonDeaf at deviantART might show me instead. She hasn't responded yet.

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-30 20:56:36 Reply

At 12/30/11 08:16 PM, BirdyBells wrote: I need someone to teach me how to sketch the human body. PM me for more info, because ToonDeaf at deviantART might show me instead. She hasn't responded yet.

Go life drawing , that will teach you to sketch the human body.
Glen Vilppu can also teach you the human body and he does so by spending years and years drawing it.
If you actually go life drawing tho pick up his lessons to do simuteniously and you'll improve 10 fold

Art Forum Lounge

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 05:37:12 Reply

Hello everybody.. I just wanted to drop by and wish everybody a happy new year. 2011 has been one of the most exciting years in my life and I am very much looking forward to what 2012 have in store for me. I am very optimistic. I hope you all feel the same way. PARTY HARD!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 06:08:22 Reply

At 12/28/11 02:49 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Where is Amber Lamps?

Amber Lamps LLC. Last screen.

Also, a happy new year to everyone. I'll be spending it alone at home, animating on my pc.
/forever alone

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 09:22:56 Reply

il post happy new year early because i wont be at a pc again untill tomorrow, what knows that the night will hold...

WOO DESIGNATED DRIVER :D

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 11:39:30 Reply

A happy New Year to everyone.
I leave you all with the German Friendship song.

Oh, du schoene schnitzelbank
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 13:55:59 Reply

I find this trick pretty neat.

If you want to get a Colour Palette from an internet photo to use in your paintings, you can:
- Open up the image in Photoshop.
- Save for Web, so you're saving it as GIF.
- Select the number of colours in the GIF (32, 64, doesn't need to be many)
- Select "Save Color Table" from the drop-down menu, to save the swatch.

Coo.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 14:11:41 Reply

At 12/31/11 01:55 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I find this trick pretty neat.

Interesting, that should come in handy in the future

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 18:18:30 Reply

I didn't even drink much compared to usual and I feel really quite sick this morning.

& so I conclude.. Tequila = bad

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 18:53:44 Reply

At 12/31/11 01:55 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I find this trick pretty neat.

Great. I need to check if GIMP is capable of something similar.

In other news, happy new year to everyone. It has been a great year with all of you!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-31 19:03:54 Reply

I am so glad 2011 is gone.
Here's to a happier 2012.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 01:22:13 Reply

So, another new year....
yay...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 02:35:45 Reply

Back to normal icons, no more confusing users.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 09:07:12 Reply

At 1/1/12 02:35 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Back to normal icons, no more confusing users.

Blehhhh.

In other news, I was exploring the programs used by this guy, and the Fractals coming out of it are pretty impressive. Miles better than the crap produced by Apophysis and Gimp.

It's computationally heavy, so you could try it out yourself:
Mandelbulb 3D, and
Adobe Pixel Bender Plugin to run the add on.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 14:13:27 Reply

At 1/1/12 09:07 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: stuff

So for fractals, do you guys feel they count as art? My understanding indicates that they're basically a set of numbers tapped into a program which then does the work and creates a visual stimuli based more on numeric luck than user skill, but I've never tried making them.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 15:06:00 Reply

At 1/1/12 02:13 PM, lovingthedark wrote: So for fractals, do you guys feel they count as art? My understanding indicates that they're basically a set of numbers tapped into a program which then does the work and creates a visual stimuli based more on numeric luck than user skill, but I've never tried making them.

Yes, it is fiddling with numbers, and you don't have no control over what you produce in the initial stages. The patterns and shapes they create cannot be made by human hand, and their complexity makes them art.

It's more a question of how much work needs to be put into the image so that it's acceptable to the art portal. The answer to that is: I don't know. The Death Star thing I posted earlier is the best thing I've churned out of it.

I'm hoping somebody else can have a play, and attempt to get something of a similar caliber to the Rabid-Echidna pic. They'd be more well-informed about whether it's something that's shit out of the prgoram, or requires some patience and skill.

NOTE: stuff like apophysis and GIMP are mostly presets, and I have much less control over the stuff that they produce than this Mandelbulb addon. The best pics spend just as much time being warped and duplicated in Photoshop as they do being guffed out in Apophysis.

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 17:35:04 Reply

My New Years Resolution for 2012 is to start posting art in the art forum again. I give myself 2 weeks before I start being lazy again.

PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
Rabid-Echidna
Rabid-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 20:14:31 Reply

At 1/1/12 02:13 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
So for fractals, do you guys feel they count as art? My understanding indicates that they're basically a set of numbers tapped into a program which then does the work and creates a visual stimuli based more on numeric luck than user skill, but I've never tried making them.

I think of it somewhere between sculpting and photography, but the "Is fractal art really art?" debate has been played out countless times without any real resolution.

At 1/1/12 03:06 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
It's more a question of how much work needs to be put into the image so that it's acceptable to the art portal. The answer to that is: I don't know. The Death Star thing I posted earlier is the best thing I've churned out of it.

I'm hoping somebody else can have a play, and attempt to get something of a similar caliber to the Rabid-Echidna pic. They'd be more well-informed about whether it's something that's shit out of the prgoram, or requires some patience and skill.

I wouldn't count on too many people bothering to make any fractal art, so I guess it can be something unique to me as far as this site is concerned. To make the sorts of images I do I've had to spend 1000+ hours working with the program and figuring out how to work with the mathematics and different effects, and even on Deviant Art where all the best fractal artists post their work the field is pretty barren. Mostly it's just render trash, ugly 2D stuff, and people stealing formulas from Hal Tenny and Theli-At.

Whether or not it constitutes art is debatable, but at the very least it takes a hell of a lot of effort to do well and I'm one of maybe five people in the entire world that are actually good at it.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-01 22:10:46 Reply

At 1/1/12 09:07 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: stuff

They're probably art - but at the end of the day I don't find them even mildly interesting as pieces and therefore don't bother looking at them.

These "is X art" questions should really be slapped with a cease and desist. The real question is how many people find these fucking things interesting.

ALSO HAPPY YEW NEARS EVERYWHUN. I'LL BE HERE ALL YEAR.

radiodark
radiodark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-02 01:08:18 Reply

At 1/1/12 10:10 PM, Lintire wrote:
These "is X art" questions should really be slapped with a cease and desist...

Good point. I didn't mean to bring all that up yet again. I just had no idea how much work goes into them, so I was hoping to get a ballpark for my own evaluation. Thank you all.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-02 01:30:18 Reply

At 12/31/11 11:39 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: A happy New Year to everyone.
I leave you all with the German Friendship song.
Oh, du schoene schnitzelbank

We sing that in German it is a lot of fun.

Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-01-02 01:43:58 Reply

At 1/1/12 08:14 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Mostly it's just render trash, ugly 2D stuff, and people stealing formulas from Hal Tenny and Theli-At.

awww shit, these two artists are amazing! Well that certainly changes my view for this kind of art, thanks for the share!