Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 716,440 Views
  • 17,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 16:46:24 Reply

So I hear that NZ has just imposed a bill that allows them to seize and destroy and vehicles that are being used for illegal street racing.
Guess that means you'll have to find your kicks some other way Aigis.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 16:58:08 Reply

At 12/12/11 01:04 PM, Felis wrote: Idea:

I'd rather they discover the hidden repository of stickam on their own. More fun that way, and it really shouldn't be too hard to act maturely in the face of the young uns getting a little presumptuous or whatevs.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 17:05:25 Reply

At 12/12/11 04:58 PM, Lintire wrote: and it really shouldn't be too hard to act maturely in the face of the young uns getting a little presumptuous or whatevs.

Nope, it wouldn't be hard, because you'll just hand out bans on stickam because they have an ugly haircut or what not :P

test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 17:36:46 Reply

At 12/12/11 04:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So I hear that NZ has just imposed a bill that allows them to seize and destroy and vehicles that are being used for illegal street racing.
Guess that means you'll have to find your kicks some other way Aigis.

Being a lawyery person isn't his only source of adrenaline?!
I'm in shock.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 18:45:39 Reply

At 12/12/11 05:36 PM, test-object wrote: Being a lawyery person isn't his only source of adrenaline?!
I'm in shock.

OBJECTION!

/caps

Art Forum Lounge

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 18:49:12 Reply

At 12/12/11 06:45 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 12/12/11 05:36 PM, test-object wrote: Being a lawyery person isn't his only source of adrenaline?!
I'm in shock.
OBJECTION!
/caps

Aren't they currently filming a Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney movie in Japan?

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 19:03:48 Reply

At 12/12/11 04:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So I hear that NZ has just imposed a bill that allows them to seize and destroy and vehicles that are being used for illegal street racing.
Guess that means you'll have to find your kicks some other way Aigis.

Aigis?
Hahahahahahahaahahahaha
you just made my day!

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 21:12:44 Reply

Hey guys, look, I'm not banned.. :J

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-12 21:31:31 Reply

At 12/12/11 09:12 PM, CloudEater wrote: Hey guys, look, I'm not banned.. :J

/ban

SoConfused
SoConfused
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 01:22:37 Reply

Anyway.... I saw THIS on my wall today, thought I would share it. Photoshop usually has decent posts if you "like" them on Facebook.


"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."
Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 03:54:50 Reply

Today i read a comment on my DA of someone linking me to chiptune saying it forced them to be reminded of me.
And i was like "Am i the pixel guy now? Well i dont wanna be the pixel guy i want to be the pencil guy!"

And i tried drawing with a pencil and it sucked.
=/

Art Forum Lounge


BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 06:52:28 Reply

At 12/13/11 03:54 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: And i tried drawing with a pencil and it sucked.
=/

If you do pixel art, people aren't exactly going to go and associate you will pencil art now, are they?
If you wanna be the pencil guy, you've gots to do the drugs necessary to produce said pencils.

Besides, ain't nothing wrong with being the pixel guy.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 06:54:36 Reply

At 12/13/11 03:54 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Today i read a comment on my DA of someone linking me to chiptune saying it forced them to be reminded of me.
And i was like "Am i the pixel guy now? Well i dont wanna be the pixel guy i want to be the pencil guy!"

It's been nine months since you've uploaded anything other than pixel art... and besides, you should be glad poeple think of you as "the ~guy" regardless of what the ~ is


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 07:25:12 Reply

At 12/13/11 06:54 AM, J-qb wrote: you should be glad poeple think of you as "the ~guy" regardless of what the ~ is

im the creepy guy...

i need to post more art and stop playing minecraft with ornery... he wont mind... >.>... <.<...


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 10:40:47 Reply

At 12/13/11 01:22 AM, SoConfused wrote: Anyway.... I saw THIS on my wall today, thought I would share it. Photoshop usually has decent posts if you "like" them on Facebook.

That's pretty snazzy, added to the tutorials folder.
Also, is that a dog's head in the dude's bag????

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:01:15 Reply

After everyone's ban lasting only a day, It's kinda hard to be pissed about this. But I felt like I should point out some things about that thread. After I received my ban, it directed me to the bbs rules. After noting that none of us had broken any of them, I clicked on the art forum specific rules to try to dig for more. Then things got a little more interesting.

What you're looking at right now is a screenshot of the art forum rules. Underlined/bracketed in red is all the rules that the original poster broke. His thread was neither for the purpose of "critique, or serious artistic discussion". As he was rather quick to point out. He also broke the rule of posting directly to the forum. Seeing as how he claimed that the only image he posted had absolutely nothing to do with anything, the thread was just an advertisement for his website. He was also being a dick, so "negativity" is also underlined. He was not banned for any given amount of time.

Underlined in purple is what most of us gave. No one came in there specifically flaming. Underlined in blue is the one and only official rule that I could find that any of us broke. Which honestly, is broken by half the bbs daily, so whatever. We were all banned for 24 hours.

Among the blue and purple, was Big Johnny. he did not receive a ban though, because Turkey knows him better than the rest of us. Carrion was also banned for 24 hours, though I cannot find anything he did to be wrong.

So yeah, just felt like pointing all that out. I'm not trying to spark a fight or anything, but I just want to lay that out and show you why that was all pretty week. Lesson learned, be real nice to da mean peoples, you don't wanna hurt dare feewings. Even though my band reason was "being a douche." Doesn't make a lot of sense in retrospect, huh? :P

Art Forum Lounge


..

Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:13:20 Reply

At 12/13/11 11:01 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: tycyvuvbi

Why would you even bother posting in a thread that you state is so horrible in the first place? I imagine the situation to be similar to if you saw a dead body on the streets and decided to poke at it with sticks - you shouldn't be doing it in the first place because the cops would be ones to deal with it and if they find you poking the body, what do you expect to happen?


BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:17:00 Reply

At 12/13/11 11:13 AM, Kuoke wrote: Why would you even bother posting in a thread that you state is so horrible in the first place? I imagine the situation to be similar to if you saw a dead body on the streets and decided to poke at it with sticks - you shouldn't be doing it in the first place because the cops would be ones to deal with it and if they find you poking the body, what do you expect to happen?

did i state at any point in my whole rant that I hate the art forum? Eh, you probably didn't read it anyways, nor will any one. It's a few paragraphs long, so you'll all assume it's negative and that I'm wrong. When in actuality all of that was fact. I left out personal opinions as much as possible.


..

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:17:54 Reply

I like how you compared a thread to a dead body...


BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:36:36 Reply

Post 1

At 12/12/11 12:57 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: MASSSSIVVVVE TL;DR, so excuse me if what I say has already been settled.

gun guy, shut up. they're bringing up valid points as to why the integrity of the gun is compromised. it's very impractical, and we're helping you branch on your design. If you don't want critiques and you just want us to shower you with praise, then you shouldn't have your own thread.

Personally, I think all previous statements about the gun are right, the recoil would fucking slice you open. I also feel that such a large gun should have a larger barrel. i think it's kinda silly looking that this tiny pea shooter has Kratos blades on it.

Post 2

At 12/12/11 01:02 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/12/11 01:00 AM, KidWickedx33 wrote: I think it's kinda silly that you fail to see that this thread has absolutly nothing to do with that gun. I ONLY posted it because I thought I had to. The old rules stated that a picture had to be submitted with a thread and I had no reason to believe, that the rules were changed in anyway.
i think it's kinda silly that you posted something that apparently has nothing to do with the thread.

Post 3

At 12/12/11 01:07 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/12/11 01:05 AM, KidWickedx33 wrote: It's a thread about Otherworlds weapons. I posted a picture of one I had, what would make a better picture to post oh wise one? Because, like I said; I thought I had to post a picture to follow the rules. My bad bro, had I known I didn't have too then I wouldn't have.
*facepalm* why are you here.
i'm not even going to waste my finger strength trying to explain why that was a really dumb paragraph. g'night.

- These aren't helpful posts.
- They're not criticism (and the guy made it quite clear he wasn't looking for criticism anyway).
- You are being INCREDIBLY rude.

Yes, I stick up for the newbie, since I want fresh blood for the forum.
I found the mobbing up behaviour of the forum disgusting.
If you knew my posting habits well enough, I'm less supportive of people who really shouldn't stick around.

Your ban message gave a link to this lounge page, since I'm not going to write a wall of text in a ban message.

I have no idea what gives you the impression that I know Jonny more than any of the other people I banned in that thread. He wasn't banned since a) his posts are at the start of the thread, and short, b) his worst offence was "hey man it's my opinion", and c) you wouldn't even notice if I never gave him a warning.

I'd accuse myself of favouring Felis, but only because I was too incompetent to leave his name in the post.

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:41:45 Reply

At 12/13/11 11:17 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/13/11 11:13 AM, Kuoke wrote: Why would you even bother posting in a thread that you state is so horrible in the first place? I imagine the situation to be similar to if you saw a dead body on the streets and decided to poke at it with sticks - you shouldn't be doing it in the first place because the cops would be ones to deal with it and if they find you poking the body, what do you expect to happen?
did i state at any point in my whole rant that I hate the art forum? Eh, you probably didn't read it anyways, nor will any one. It's a few paragraphs long, so you'll all assume it's negative and that I'm wrong. When in actuality all of that was fact. I left out personal opinions as much as possible.

I didn't say that you did and you're saying that I'm the one that didn't read paragraphs. You say you're leaving your personal opinions out of your posts, but you're filling your them with paranoid assumptions, acting as if you're the victim here.
Honestly, your opinion would be more preferable in a forum environment rather than this pathetic attitude you seem to be showcasing.


BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:46:32 Reply

Wow. That is the only word I have for this. Just wow.
It's like you people aren't even humans.
I hate myself for devoting this much of my time to this website.


..

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:54:56 Reply

Whoa... what's done is done, can we just calm the hell down and get back to doodling while drinking cups of tea?...

Milk, no sugar... Nae says I'm sweet enough :3

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 11:57:50 Reply

At 12/13/11 11:54 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Whoa... what's done is done, can we just calm the hell down and get back to doodling while drinking cups of tea?...

You definitely need the sugar, you gotta bulk up son.
A man can't get through life weighing less than a pre-pubescent girl.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 12:29:18 Reply

Didn't you guys hear about the bill NG passed so the mods can ban us for douchery?
Should have protested.

On a Unrelated note, what are your Christmas wishes n stuff?

Art Forum Lounge


BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 13:09:12 Reply

So yeah, I feel like a bit of a tool for being carried away in that thread. I was unnecessarily douchey, as were the other regs, and that provoked the OP to be unnecessarily douchey in response, and I get it. What's done is done, and we can all just forget about it and let it be known as a mistake that exemplifies why people generally hate the art forum.

Now peeps can learn from said mistake, and not be tools anymore! LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR ALL!

Also, Tre, I know what it's like to feel stuck in a rut of a narrow art style, just try drawing more, I guess :/ There's really nothing you can do except push yourself out of it by doing other things. Although J-qb is right, at least you have an identity that people will remember!

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 16:09:32 Reply

At 12/13/11 01:09 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: So yeah, I feel like a bit of a tool for being carried away in that thread. I was unnecessarily douchey, as were the other regs, and that provoked the OP to be unnecessarily douchey in response, and I get it. What's done is done, and we can all just forget about it and let it be known as a mistake that exemplifies why people generally hate the art forum.

Now peeps can learn from said mistake, and not be tools anymore! LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR ALL!

Yeah Man, I agree. We should get over it.
I mean it was a ban, woo, not my first, definitely not going to be my last...
So... Yeah. Moving hon...

Also, Tre, I know what it's like to feel stuck in a rut of a narrow art style, just try drawing more, I guess :/ There's really nothing you can do except push yourself out of it by doing other things. Although J-qb is right, at least you have an identity that people will remember!

Oh hey look at this, another topic already. Sweet!
Yeah man, you have a style that I won't easily forget... Although that may be because I have drawn some of your vexons, but I'm pretty sure that it is because it was pretty interesting.
If you want to bridge out, just draw different stuff. Lots of different stuff.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 17:24:19 Reply

At 12/13/11 11:46 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: Wow. That is the only word I have for this. Just wow.
It's like you people aren't even humans.
I hate myself for devoting this much of my time to this website.

The NG BBS is probably one of the most human forums out there that I've had the privilege of pissing on. If you really feel the need for things to be done exactly by the book, there are plenty of second rate forums out there where you can be a total douchebag to everyone so long as you mind your language.

At 12/13/11 12:29 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Didn't you guys hear about the bill NG passed so the mods can ban us for douchery?
Should have protested.

It's done a hell of a lot more good then harm.

On a Unrelated note, what are your Christmas wishes n stuff?

GAAAARRCHHDJFABSDFHJABSD MOTHERFUCKING FUCK-TABLET FHAKJSDFASDUFYHAOSD

jeremynative
jeremynative
  • Member since: Nov. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 18:10:48 Reply

Do you know the best site for making prints of your work :)

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-13 18:13:32 Reply

At 12/13/11 06:10 PM, jeremynative wrote: Do you know the best site for making prints of your work :)

nope.

At 12/13/11 01:09 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: ... J-qb is right ... !

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature