argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 8/30/11 01:27 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/30/11 01:19 PM, Nae wrote:
At 8/30/11 12:50 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I will sell organs for this thing..... Even my own....
"It will be available mid-September for $199."
Start saving/selling! lol
Yes, I squealed like a little girl....

A man Squealing like a girl for something incredible I'm not going to say anything rude but...

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 8/30/11 03:40 PM, Kumakun4 wrote:
At 8/30/11 01:19 PM, Nae wrote:
At 8/30/11 12:50 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I will sell organs for this thing..... Even my own....
"It will be available mid-September for $199."
Start saving/selling! lol
I browsed the page real quick and, while it does seem pretty amazing at first glance...
You obviously can't color with this, so you're still going to need a tablet.

Actually, not for me. I rely pretty heavily on vector, for both line art and color. So a tablet isn't that big of a deal to me. I do have a cheap tablet, but I rarely use it. I think this would be superb for little doodles that just kind of hit you out of no where. I know I'd be using the hell out of it on the go.
I still have a couple of concerns though, mostly like can I store multiple drawings and such, or am I going to have to make use of the layer tool to do that and such.

I'm also someone who erases a stupid amount of times, so will the device take erasing into consideration as well...? It honestly doesn't mention it anywhere, but I can only assume you're basically screwed if you erase and redraw too many times as it'll only turn your digital version into a mess of vectored lines.

Again, I think the layer tool will come in handy for that. When I tend to sketch I don't do much in the way of erasing. Usually when I go to lay down final lines is when I do that...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 04:41 PM Reply

I'm not really getting the vibe to be fair... How does the pen work? You can't use a regular ballpoint pen or a pencil, can you?

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 04:43 PM Reply

I don't really see much a difference between scanning a drawing and using inkling to honest. The only advantage I can see with inkling is that you don't have to adjust the curves and saturation of the scanned pic. Other than that, the inkling is pretty much a disadvantage due to it's expensive pricing compared to a common scanner.

But that's just a poor boy's opinion lol.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 8/30/11 04:41 PM, test-object wrote: I'm not really getting the vibe to be fair... How does the pen work? You can't use a regular ballpoint pen or a pencil, can you?

Nope, you need their special pen.
With that said, I have to second that I'm not getting a very special vibe from it. On one hand, it sounds like a fancy gadget to use and the technology behind this interests me. However, it seems to be me like this provides the same functionality that scanning your drawing in would be. Sure, the sketch with Inkling will be cleaner ( I have no interest in the vectorization) but other than that I don't see Inkling having immense value when it provides the same functionality that a cheap pen and scanner does.

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 12:43 AM Reply

I think I'm gonna start a collab about slabs of wood.

II II lI

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 05:13 AM Reply

At 8/31/11 05:09 AM, Larkatosa wrote: No one is online when I'm in school. Makes me saaad :'(

The Stickam Room has some people in it.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 05:26 AM Reply

At 8/31/11 05:23 AM, Larkatosa wrote:
At 8/31/11 05:13 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 8/31/11 05:09 AM, Larkatosa wrote: No one is online when I'm in school. Makes me saaad :'(
The Stickam Room has some people in it.
I can't enter. School net.

Sounds like you need to punch some dudes.

Rage out.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 12:49 PM Reply

Fuck you Hulu, Fuck you...

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Patience, dear Kinsei, patience.

Unlike the rest of us who are just told to screw ourselves for living in the Old World

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 02:35 PM Reply

there's a world outside the USA?

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

What is everyone doing artwise? Seems like none of the "regulars" are doing much in the way of art, but maybe it's just there's not many regulars posting.

Right now:
Learning to code as I code the Tarot Card Collab
Re-writing the Vampire Song comic to be better
Storyboarding a music video
Animating a different music video
Working independently from my band on some song ideas
Writing a book
Slowly working on a small but decent quality comic to push the Nova Thread into super serious mode
Working on a doll of my bear character
Working on a penicorn doll
Working on some clothes designs to make myself some clothes
Maybe some other stuff but this is pretty much everything I'm doing

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 8/31/11 05:59 PM, Knocturne wrote: What is everyone doing artwise? Seems like none of the "regulars" are doing much in the way of art, but maybe it's just there's not many regulars posting.

School started for me this week, so I haven't had as much time to do stuff artwise but this is what I have been doing:
- Wrapping up self-portrait collab
- Avat round 3
- Looking at my comic jam storyboard
- Life drawing in spare hours between lectures.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 8/31/11 05:59 PM, Knocturne wrote: What is everyone doing artwise? Seems like none of the "regulars" are doing much in the way of art, but maybe it's just there's not many regulars posting.

Well... ever since I lost that job to "Someone better" I have been slightly pissed off.

Yeah I know, I need to stop bitching about it. But who the hell did they find here in Kansas I mean really WTF.

Anyway. I decided to take things to heart and get better.
So Kind of taking the idea form this Guy, Tip 9 To be exact, So anyway, a 40 cent Composition book and a pen and a small ruler later, I have been trying to schedule things.

So far I have been working with the schedule since Monday, and its kind of working. It has been a slow start, but I'm getting better at it.I have been using this schedule to try and plan projects better and at the same time space more time to projects so Hopefully I learn to spend more time on projects.

So Since I just finished off that zombie chicken thing, the next thing is to Work on my Nova Character.
I also intend to organize my bookmarks folder.... mostly the Art related bookmarks. Not looking forward to that one

Over the next few days I intend to reopen my classic Space DogFigher, and do a proper unwrap, paint and render.

Thursday, I start concept and design process on CHOW 48 and work on it slowly through the weekend while also working on the DogFighter.

Monday I'm suppose to start on a Scifi Pistol 3d Model. Should have it done Tuesday.

I need to come up with a minor project For the end of next week. Something to start on Wednesday or Thursday and Finish on Friday or Saturday afternoon.

Got my Madness Collab Piece planned on the 16 through the 19th
and of course the 22nd is a Holiday. I observe Madness day, why not :P

Thats all I got planned at the moment, although I do have Halloween in mind, and am Planning a Pumpkin already.

I just hope this scheduling thing really helps me get lots of solid practice and much better. I want to be up to a whole new level of art by the end of the year. And I'm optimistic that I can do it.
That wasn't too awkward of a bunch of babble was it?

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 10:10 PM Reply

-I got a broken laptop, so digital art on that is out. :/

-I can use my sister laptop, but it's slow with tons of things, plus it black out on its own in occasion, so digital art on that is out unless i want to deal with it. :<

-My buddy got a ps cs3 that is better than mine on his desktop computer, but that computer got a virus recently soooo im out of reach of doing any digital art again. :{<

-I've started on my creaturing through a poster size paper, doing it with color markers :3, need 3 more poster size papers though.....eheh,i got a habit of drawing big.

-still drawing on my sketchbook and I recently got my hand on lee hammond's big book of drawings . It's a how to draw realism basics book on people, animals, flowers and nature. Now to try it.

-lastly, browsing for amazing illustrative arts, just so i either move on to something new or I just won't forget on what I suppose to remember. I can get the NG amazing arts through front page, I already manage to watch a whole bunch of interesting artists through DA, plus there is CA which I still can't put finger where the heck is that website is ;rq, you guys know other art websites with gallery of good art (that also lets you zoom in for the details).

When i get back on that dusty saddle of a ps cs3, I'll be trying new things again.

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 10:43 PM Reply

I haven't been doing much in the realm of art lately, I've been buried in school work and extra curricular activities, so the free time I do have is spent hanging out with friends. I am in a principles of design class, and although I don't get my work back for a few weeks, and so far we've only done two things.
We worked on this design, where you would take your initials and have to make some sort of design out of them, and then we have to make a color wheel with 24 colors or so.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 8/31/11 06:28 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Stuff.

That was a great link, Austin Kleon is a pretty interesting guy.
I definitely agree with most of the things he had to say, most notably that nothing is original and everything is stolen to some degree.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 11:45 PM Reply

wanna do
- madness collab pieces
- madness contest piece
- finish pixel collab
- chow starter pictures
- weekly colour thing
- random fanart
- random activity threads
- nova

i doubt ill get half of these done any time soon, but its nice to share

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 02:45 AM Reply

At 8/31/11 05:59 PM, Knocturne wrote: What is everyone doing artwise?

I'm creatively fiddling with myself until my exams are over. That's about it.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 04:43 AM Reply

At 8/31/11 05:59 PM, Knocturne wrote: What is everyone doing artwise?

I've been the opposite of productive in terms of art recently, since I'm pretty much occupied with school, (not that I'm complaining since it's been awesome for me) playing minecraft, and generally not having the patience to complete any of my drawings. I noticed that my work hours in drawing has gotten slower by a factor of 30%. So yeah, I'm good.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 9/1/11 03:03 AM, Larkatosa wrote: I drew a monkey in school last week!!!!!

See, I do stuff..

I Demandto see this monkey!

Please :3

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 01:58 PM Reply

Hey Guys, got something cool for you here
How to Protect Your Images with Meta Tags
I'm sure your all similar with meta tags, or at least heard of them. Anyway, this tut provides a quick and easy way to use Adobe Bridge to apply some meta tags to your old files. And not just one at at a time, but whole folders of pictures at a time.

What if I don't have Adobe Bridge?, well it also has a quick walk through on using photoshop to apply them, as well as make a meta tag template for photoshop.

it sure as hell beats entering them manually, one at a time.

Sadly though, as the article mentions, this really isn't an aversion to actual art thieves, but if someone whats to try and track your work down later after it has been stolen or if they want to give you a job, it makes it much easier

If Nothing else, give it a read for the information. Perhaps when ngman7 inevitably comes around again, we can slap him across the face with this as well.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 9/1/11 01:58 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: stuff

Sweet, quite interesting.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
ugblahtheartistic
ugblahtheartistic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:44 PM Reply

man I got banned from the Ryan's newspost for the MLP contest, I thought my entry was a fantastic artistic journey into the MLP universe.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 9/2/11 03:44 PM, ugblahtheartistic wrote: man I got banned from the Ryan's newspost for the MLP contest, I thought my entry was a fantastic artistic journey into the MLP universe.

Lol rainbow pubic hair. I think this is qualified to win the contest. Srsly.

BBS Signature
thies
thies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Shouldn't flashes an audio's also be in the Art Portal, since they're forms of art? And the same goes for the forums

Or it could be re-called 'The Visual Art Portal'

But that would sound lame

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio
Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature
AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:50 PM Reply

I wish newgrounds had a high tech pictionary game we could play.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 9/2/11 04:46 PM, thies wrote: Or it could be re-called 'The Visual Art Portal'

It's a good point, but I'm guessing it's mostly called the Art portal because Flash and Audio have their own portals and it's the leftover, static crap that gets in there.

Even looking at the current toolbar, the Art Portal isn't even really called the Portal.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

I think since everything is "basically art" the navigation bar should simply be one big button reading "ART".

But well-desgned websites can be art too, so Tom should just rename the site to "art.com - art by artists"

Mkaaaaaay? :P

But to be honest, we had that discussion several times already and it seems to be a philosophical question rather than a thing that should really be changed on NG.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:11 PM Reply

I figured that I may as well go ahead and share this absolutely great tool that I stumbled across.

The Drawing Script

If you're in the same boat as me, then you want pictures of people in interesting pose but also want to actually focus on drawing the human body while you're at it - which is to say, while posemaniacs is a good tool and all, you'd prefer an actual detailed list of photographs of people.

It's great for this sole purpose. Saves going around looking for pictures. Keep in mind that all pictures are potentially NSFW.

This isn't of course to say that there aren't other great resource sites, but this one really does have it all.