00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,789 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-16 01:00:36

At 10/15/11 11:32 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: Hey guys I'm making a logo for my friends band, just something funny. The band is called 'Big Doc and the Shockers'.
It's more of a hard rock band. I was thinking of drawing a simple cartoonish picture of somebody's face in pain and then 4 shocker signs around the picture with the band name on the top. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

I dunno, that seems rather boring. I'd rather see 4 people dressed as The Shocker from Spiderman playing various instruments.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-16 04:27:23

At 10/15/11 11:32 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: Hey guys I'm making a logo for my friends band, just something funny. The band is called 'Big Doc and the Shockers'.

It's more of a hard rock band. I was thinking of drawing a simple cartoonish picture of somebody's face in pain and then 4 shocker signs around the picture with the band name on the top. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I would prefer it if the four of you would appear on logo with you hair all messy since all of you just got shocked.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-16 17:26:20

My roommate's been sick with a head cold for the past four days.

Good thing I'm too dumb to catch it.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-16 18:26:34

Hey kiddo's! Guess what?! Okay, most of you know by now, but you can follow me on Twitter under the name of DieterTheuns ;3

However, I promise all of you commoners that I will not get an ego.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-17 15:09:06

At 10/17/11 02:58 PM, Travis wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1276 706

ReNaeNae suggested that I post in here that we are having a brown paper bag mask contest.

So join in!!!

That idea is brilliant. I hope I can defeat my laziness for once and submit something.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-17 16:17:05

I finally got a job, at Macy's in the shoe department. And i got my license too.
Good new is that the dress code isnt super gay at my work, i can wear skinny jeans, my basketball shoes and a polo/button up shirt.

Hopefully i can move out soon and will have space to start working harder on my game!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-17 16:51:43

At 10/17/11 04:17 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Good new is that the dress code isnt super gay at my work, i can wear skinny jeans, my basketball shoes and a polo/button up shirt.

skinny jeans and a polo shirt... nah, that's not super gay at all.

Hopefully i can move out soon and will have space to start working harder on my game!

I hope so.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-17 17:04:46

At 10/17/11 04:56 PM, Otto wrote: What do you guys think of my character design, and what would you suggest?

Like, is he instantly likeable, and does he have charm or whatever? Just need to hear some thoughts

He looks like a drug dealer/flasher.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 10:43:26

I'm trying to refrain myself from having a pointless bitch about these request posts, when I've remembered something Rice-Pirate wanted.

B-Movie Poster
Mick sent me a PM, asking for somebody to design a 1920s poster for a piece of audio he has, which he will use for a YouTube vid.

Here's the PM:

"I'm looking for an artist who can create a single piece of art in the style of the old movie poster, circa 1920. Googlling it, I quickly saw that the styles varied greatly, which works in my favor I suppose.
The art would serve as the still image for an audio drama that I will post on YouTube. For example:
This would be the intro
Then this audio would play over the image
Then outro credits
I just realized that there was no need for me to burden you with all those details. So, apologies for that.
If you have any artists in mind, I'd greatly appreciate it."

The audio is about Santa saving the world from an incoming asteroid.

================
Other than myself, I can't think of anybody who is confidently able to do a 1920s poster, but I want to stick firmly to my current activities.
That's why I'm gonna lay it out here, and you can send a PM to RicePirate if you're interested.
================
It's free, which is why this influx of requests nudged me into action.

However, Mick is a decent guy and has lots of contacts. If you've done stuff with him, you'll know that you're more likely to get your work seen by more people, and that he can get you more work with other peeps.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 14:53:12

At 10/18/11 10:43 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Other than myself, I can't think of anybody who is confidently able to do a 1920s poster,

well well well, someone left his modesty on his bedside table this morning.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 15:55:00

At 10/18/11 02:53 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 10/18/11 10:43 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Other than myself, I can't think of anybody who is confidently able to do a 1920s poster,
well well well, someone left his modesty on his bedside table this morning.

I wonder if his mirror showed a reflection of you?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 21:37:41

Hey guise, I'm back. For real now. I was way too busy playing minecraft for the last few months. It's been the most addicting game that I have ever played. Back to art now.

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 11:35:13

Would anyone know the difference between Photoshop elements and Photoshop creative suite? Looking at the price comparisons sheesh is CS damn expensive. I'm guessing there are some features it has that elements don't.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 11:59:15

At 10/20/11 11:35 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Would anyone know the difference between Photoshop elements and Photoshop creative suite?

Hm...
... Custom Brushes and Patterns were the features that made me move to CS.

There's a general overview here; the only useful tools I can spot are a Channels Pallete, Pen and Paths Pallete, and Quick Mask mode. The rest I've barely touched, if at all.

I used Elements for about 4 years, and I never had complaints. I only moved to CS when I knew that I wanted to splash textures from custom brushes everywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 12:42:37

At 10/20/11 11:59 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: ... Custom Brushes and Patterns were the features that made me move to CS.

There's a general overview here; the only useful tools I can spot are a Channels Pallete, Pen and Paths Pallete, and Quick Mask mode. The rest I've barely touched, if at all.

I used Elements for about 4 years, and I never had complaints. I only moved to CS when I knew that I wanted to splash textures from custom brushes everywhere.

Looking at the overview it is pretty neat, I would buy it but I would be killed lol. For now I'll stick with elements until I get to a comfortable place I would start selling pieces( I've got a long way to go). I mean if I had the time to just sit on my ass all day I'd probably get there much quicker. Just knowing eventually I'll get there is all I need to know, patience is key. Thanx for that turkey.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 13:00:13

At 10/20/11 12:42 PM, threadwood wrote: Current event article about unpaid poster design work:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blo gs/national-affairs/obama-solicits-desig ners-to-work-unpaid-on-jobs-poster-20111 019

I admit, that is kind of amusing and ironic all at the same time.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 13:50:23

At 10/20/11 12:42 PM, threadwood wrote: Current event article about unpaid poster design work:

That is some bull shit. I donated money to that champaign.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 14:06:02

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blo gs/national-affairs/obama-solicits-desig ners-to-work-unpaid-on-jobs-poster-20111 019

Well, I see the irony in a campaign that aims to generate more jobs is asking for "free work". But the article pretty much juggles with facts and terms to make it sound much worse than it is. It's actually just a simple contest. You get no pay, if you win the rights go to the people holding the contest and if you loose your time is lost. Much ado about nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 18:16:09

Don't people do volunteer work all the time for presidential campaigns, though?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 18:20:19

At 10/20/11 02:06 PM, Luwano wrote: Well, I see the irony in a campaign that aims to generate more jobs is asking for "free work". But the article pretty much juggles with facts and terms to make it sound much worse than it is. It's actually just a simple contest. You get no pay, if you win the rights go to the people holding the contest and if you loose your time is lost. Much ado about nothing.

I see it as the shitty standard to which artists are held. Would you hold a contest for lawyers to draw up contracts. Or accountants to compete for who gets you the best tax break? And yes it's bullshit to not create a job by hiring people for your champaign to create jobs.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 18:33:30

At 10/20/11 06:20 PM, Occluded wrote:
I see it as the shitty standard to which artists are held. Would you hold a contest for lawyers to draw up contracts. Or accountants to compete for who gets you the best tax break? And yes it's bullshit to not create a job by hiring people for your champaign to create jobs.

It's true and it's appalling and sad.

I'm sure there will be plenty of entrants, but it's fucking stupid that artists are EXPECTED to be so hungry for exposure and not for actual work and money that they'll be willing to throw away their intellectual property and valuable time over a little publicity and a pat on the head.

I think that the "prize" is more of an insult than anything else.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 02:19:34

so srsly...
whats up with that blanka on the front page? :0
i feel like this is some kind of weird newgrounds joke that I'm not getting. Is anyone capable of filling me in? xD

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 12:52:37

Guess who's finally baaack?! It's good to be back art forum.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 15:22:07

Fuck conventions, totally did another basic apple peel carving this year.

GreenAppleClock

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 17:01:22

At 10/21/11 02:19 AM, jeeshwa123 wrote: so srsly...
whats up with that blanka on the front page? :0
i feel like this is some kind of weird newgrounds joke that I'm not getting. Is anyone capable of filling me in? xD

What do you mean? It looks awesome and is very much worthy of a frontpage. I love it. Are you telling me it's not awesome?

It's a mod/admin thing so yeah. Only they can get giggles out of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 17:14:16

So I download a trial version of flash thinking it were going to be draw one frame and do another and another etc. But I was greatly mistaken, I don't know where to start lol flash like some how fixes the line for you? Trying to figure out how to get to another frame, so you start to make your image look like it's moving.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 17:29:46

At 10/23/11 05:14 PM, Ramatsu wrote: So I download a trial version of flash thinking it were going to be draw one frame and do another and another etc. But I was greatly mistaken, I don't know where to start lol flash like some how fixes the line for you? Trying to figure out how to get to another frame, so you start to make your image look like it's moving.

I recommend using some "onion skinning" to make frame by frame animation much easier. It's basically tracing paper to go over your original frame. Oh and use blank key frames so you can make new frames after the first one. Here's an illustration.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 17:32:59

At 10/23/11 03:22 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Fuck conventions, totally did another basic apple peel carving this year.
GreenAppleClock

Lol cool idea Jonny. I think you should have carved a white clock face while sparing the hands so they are green, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 20:06:44

At 10/23/11 05:14 PM, Ramatsu wrote: So I download a trial version of flash thinking it were going to be draw one frame and do another and another etc. But I was greatly mistaken, I don't know where to start lol flash like some how fixes the line for you? Trying to figure out how to get to another frame, so you start to make your image look like it's moving.

It works like that for me. Just select a bunch of frames in the timeline and press F7, that will turn them all into blank key frames. Then just draw lots of stuff in them and use "," and "." to go from here to there.
Unless you're using tweens, then it's a little different.

And use onion skin as fifty said.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-23 20:40:17

At 10/23/11 08:06 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
It works like that for me. Just select a bunch of frames in the timeline and press F7, that will turn them all into blank key frames. Then just draw lots of stuff in them and use "," and "." to go from here to there.
Unless you're using tweens, then it's a little different.

And use onion skin as fifty said.

hmm I see, I didn't like the idea of using Tweens that's what got me so overwhelmed in the 1st(first) place. I am not around the laptop right now, later on tonight I'll see what I can get into( on flash). Hopefully I can just focus on that with a clear open mind.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature