00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

953,428 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 06:25:15

At 10/10/11 03:53 AM, Larkatosa wrote: I'm really messing up school. What do you do when you lose all resolve to attend school? I have the entire future hold open on a silver plate and I still can't muster the resolve to get my ass to do something. It makes me feel guilty and frustrated.

Most people got sick of school at one point. What did you do?

I told myself to stop whining and just do it... literally. Just everyday say "I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna finish this school." out loud... it seems stupid, but then again so is dropping out of school, so yeah. Main point is not to get yourself down and just.. do it.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 11:20:43

yeah j-qb is right. you just gotta be the little train that could :D
ithinkicanithinkicanithinkican..........

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 12:02:47

At 10/10/11 03:53 AM, Larkatosa wrote: Most people got sick of school at one point. What did you do?

Oi Trix, Sometimes you have got to do just as Qb said. Psych yourself up a little bit. Take a few minutes in front of the mirror and just say "I got this. I'm in control, I'm confident and happy. I can and am going to do this, because I got this." In all honesty it really doesn't matter what yourself, it could make no sense, or be complete gibberish, as long as you say something strong and confident to yourself.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 12:23:27

At 10/10/11 12:02 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Courage Wolf Says, "You are AWESOME and YOU GOT THIS!"

Yes.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 13:26:05

So I was borrowing my Sisters laptop for all my digital work, and now it is just gone. I call her and see what's up? She's going on some business trip or whatever. Back to traditional for awhile, didn't get no heads up I just come and see the laptopless tablet sitting on the table. Girlfriend is like " oh yeah I forgot to save your art, before she came and took her shit." good thing it wasn't hours of work that were unsaved.

Well that just gives me time to perfect my anatomy and perspective, screwing around with the many things you can do with the software threw me out of practice. Also this does put me behind on the calendar piece I were cooking up. -facepalm-

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 13:58:41

At 10/9/11 03:30 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 10/9/11 03:29 PM, M-Vero wrote:
can we all just agree that the fact that jeeshwa's entry has ben reduced to some elaborate fanart, and that kind of sucks?
wow. that was kinda dickish.
cut me deep bro, cut me deep.
y'know Vero, we used to be pretty cool too :c

Damn there's So much drama here why not stop complaining about this and continue on for the next day...
I see nothing wrong to Fanart but it is a least creative outlet unless you've tried to do something with the cannon in particular way that seems out there and not a total washed down copy the original

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 13:58:44

At 10/10/11 01:26 PM, Ramatsu wrote: So I was borrowing my Sisters laptop for all my digital work, and now it is just gone. I call her and see what's up? She's going on some business trip or whatever. Back to traditional for awhile, didn't get no heads up I just come and see the laptopless tablet sitting on the table. Girlfriend is like " oh yeah I forgot to save your art, before she came and took her shit." good thing it wasn't hours of work that were unsaved.

Well that just gives me time to perfect my anatomy and perspective, screwing around with the many things you can do with the software threw me out of practice. Also this does put me behind on the calendar piece I were cooking up. -facepalm-

there's a lesson in this xD
1)don't do work on a fam-computer
2)don't leave your work open and/or unattended
3)ALWAYS SAVE JUST IN CASE.

i've had my mom restart the computer without her knowing that she just erased hours of hard work. don't let this be you!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 14:43:04

At 10/10/11 01:58 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote:

there's a lesson in this xD
1)don't do work on a fam-computer
2)don't leave your work open and/or unattended
3)ALWAYS SAVE JUST IN CASE.

Yeah, I was in such a rush though. Today's lesson is : get your own laptop( or Desktop) before buying a tablet to do digital work. I kept telling myself save for the laptop 1st then get the tablet. My craving for the tablet got the best of me, which has lead to this fateful day. Wish I could just throw money away sometimes... Life would be so much easier. Responsibilities, blah who needs em! Makes me wonder how stupid I was as a adolescent wanting to grow up so fast. This qoute comes as best relating to the sentence before "becareful what you wish for."

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 14:54:42

I use my brother's laptop to do all my arting on; he just isn't a dick who takes it without notifying me when he sees SAI open.

I've trained him well.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 15:02:38

At 10/10/11 02:54 PM, Kashi wrote: I use my brother's laptop to do all my arting on; he just isn't a dick who takes it without notifying me when he sees SAI open.
I've trained him well.

Every time I see Ramatsu post I get all excited because I always mistake him for you.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 15:15:57

At 10/10/11 01:58 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: 3)ALWAYS SAVE JUST IN CASE.

Dozens of hours of lost work from computer crashes have led me to save my work every two minutes, even when my computer has been fixed and doesn't crash anymore.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 15:40:00

At 10/10/11 03:02 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 10/10/11 02:54 PM, Kashi wrote: I use my brother's laptop to do all my arting on; he just isn't a dick who takes it without notifying me when he sees SAI open.
I've trained him well.
Every time I see Ramatsu post I get all excited because I always mistake him for you.

Lol! By the way kashi, I haven't seen you bump your thread I was wondering where you had disappeared to. I always wanted to see the remake you were going to do of my character.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 17:43:32

At 10/10/11 03:02 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Every time I see Ramatsu post I get all excited because I always mistake him for you.

Every time I see Ramatsu post I wonder what sort of trouble he's gotten into this time.
Seriously kid, bad news follows you like flies follow a garbage truck.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 17:53:00

At 10/10/11 05:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Every time I see Ramatsu post I wonder what sort of trouble he's gotten into this time.

He got run over by a garbage truck yesterday. Pick your metaphors more carefully, jonny :<

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 17:54:23

At 10/10/11 02:35 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Hey guess what?
It's thanksgiving today in Canada. All you Americans are late.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all you maple leaf flag saluting folks here on NG.

btw it was german unity day one week ago... and nobody cared.

On an art note, simple ideas can result in interesting photography. One should think someone else thought about this before, but apparently not:

http://www.donkom.ca/maple-leaf-flag/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 17:55:22

Meet the Medic, IRL.

The guy who made this device just needs to invent an automatic syringe gun and we can probably play Team Fortress 2 without computers.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 18:04:08

Anyone remember the Figure Painting Contest?
Well it's getting to the next phase with the Voice Acting contest; so if any VA'ing artsies want to VA one of your fellow art forumers' characters; DO JOIN!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-10 21:02:12

At 10/10/11 05:53 PM, test-object wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Every time I see Ramatsu post I wonder what sort of trouble he's gotten into this time.
He got run over by a garbage truck yesterday. Pick your metaphors more carefully, jonny :<

Lol, I am a pretty unlucky guy in some cases, I don't complain(much). I don't believe in reincarnation and karma but shit, if it's true I must have been a Dick to become so unlucky. But reincarnation is BS and karma? Ehh who knows.. All just coincidences. It'll all get sunny sometime.. Can't stay "dark" forever. I am fully recovered from that accident though yesterday, so can I say I'm lucky :D.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-11 15:56:30

Hey guys, I started doing commissions, real cheap! :D if any of you are DA users, let me know if you want me to draw stuff for you. I'm real cheap labor too, a full colored piece with a character and a background is only about 1200 DA points ($15 USD). There are also cheaper options.

A link to my journal topic discussing prices and such can be found here :)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-11 16:28:23

Anyone played the Aurora series?
The second one (just released) is on the front page currently.
It's got a great art style, and it's a really good point-and-click if you're into those types of games.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 04:47:01

At 10/8/11 03:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: @Cloudy - You still need to redeem yourself.

I know.. but how, is such a thing even possible? ... ;_;

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 08:44:28

At 10/12/11 04:47 AM, CloudEater wrote: I know.. but how, is such a thing even possible? ... ;_;

That's incredibly easy.

Just post quite a bit, acting all extra nice and dishing out mildly helpful critique, all the while handing an idiot's ass to him on a silver platter, and before long you'll find regs and newbies alike lightly suckling your cock while you sleep.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 10:17:34

At 10/12/11 04:47 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 10/8/11 03:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: @Cloudy - You still need to redeem yourself.
I know.. but how, is such a thing even possible? ... ;_;

Don't bother, there is no need for you to redeem yourself. I don't know why jonny seems to think so, but hey, if he holds some kind of special grudge towards you why not give him that pleasure.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 10:28:20

At 10/12/11 10:17 AM, J-qb wrote: Don't bother, there is no need for you to redeem yourself. I don't know why jonny seems to think so, but hey, if he holds some kind of special grudge towards you why not give him that pleasure.

I'm just teasing Cloudy on the whole Clock Day Tolonius thing.
No grudge against him.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 10:32:00

At 10/12/11 10:28 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I'm just teasing Cloudy on the whole Clock Day Tolonius thing.

Good, so you see nath, no need to redeem yourself

I'd rather you suck my cock because you like it than because you think you need to...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 12:58:04

At 10/12/11 10:32 AM, J-qb wrote:
I'd rather you suck my cock because you like it than because you think you need to...

Ew, gay...

Mmm, gay...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 12:59:51

At 10/12/11 12:58 PM, Sockembop wrote: Ew, gay...
Mmm, gay...

What's a gay horse's favourite food?
HAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-12 13:14:16

At 10/12/11 12:59 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/12/11 12:58 PM, Sockembop wrote: Ew, gay...
Mmm, gay...
What's a gay horse's favourite food?
HAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

I thought you were gonna say buckets of fermented horse semen, but that was clever too, I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-13 00:25:02

To those who have not noticed yet: The unscouted section seems to be fixed. I am browsing it for more than two days now and so far there was no more waiting infront of a white browser page anymore.

Thanks to the admins involved in it for fixing that issue.

And yes I am aware that they most likely won't even read this. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-10-13 01:12:01

So this new piece I'm currently working on, I am stuck on the hair trying to figure out the best look for it. I'm screwing with it so much I'm starting to hate it, maybe the hair being so light I can't get it to look semi-realistic( my fail attempt at semi-realism). I'll just add the little details and highlights and call the hair done, because if I just keep messing with it, I'll screw the whole piece up.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature