Nae
Nae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 25th, 2011 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 7/25/11 11:51 AM, FuckingFlash wrote: Does anyone know of any artists/designers that are into creating masks or have done anything interesting involving masks? Anything at all would be a help. Cheers.

What kind of masks? Only person that comes to mind is Sucho
skeksis head
whiphid head
bith head

...if you meant some other type of mask, you'll have to be more specific.

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature
thies
thies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 25th, 2011 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 7/25/11 11:51 AM, FuckingFlash wrote: Hey there guys. Just a quick question for you all. Does anyone know of any artists/designers that are into creating masks or have done anything interesting involving masks? Anything at all would be a help. Cheers.

You mean actual masks (like the ones you wear), or masks in photoshop?

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio
Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature
FuckingFlash
FuckingFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 25th, 2011 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 7/25/11 12:08 PM, Nae wrote: ...if you meant some other type of mask, you'll have to be more specific.

Just any type of mask at all is fine. Those are great thanks!

At 7/25/11 12:12 PM, thies wrote: You mean actual masks (like the ones you wear), or masks in photoshop?

Ha yes I mean actual masks.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 12:04 PM Reply

I quite like this review, I might copy and paste it whenever I review anything at all.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 02:36 PM Reply

The more times I read that comment, the less sense it makes ._.

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 7/26/11 02:36 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: The more times I read that comment, the less sense it makes ._.

Oh thank GOD, I thought I was the only one.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 7/26/11 12:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I quite like this review, I might copy and paste it whenever I review anything at all.

What did I just read? I have this feeling this guy is an otherkin.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Do I even want to know what an otherkin is?

Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Maybe he meant that the artist, despite being talented, has vomitted something extremely generic? o.o

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 7/26/11 05:07 PM, M-Vero wrote: Do I even want to know what an otherkin is?

Otherkin is a term described to delusional individuals who think they belong to a mythical race. Like vampires, dragons and other things like that. It can also apply for individuals who think they've been reincarnated from some sort of mythical creature. So basically they think they're better than normal people because they think they're a real dragon or used to be one lol.

Weird Amirite?

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 05:21 PM Reply

It's hard being an actual dragon.
It's hard and no one understand.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 7/26/11 05:09 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: Maybe he meant that the artist, despite being talented, has vomitted something extremely generic? o.o

Yeah that's what I made from it too

also fourthousand and second post ftw

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 12:10 AM Reply

Captain America after credits sequence.....

Art Forum Lounge

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 12:27 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 12:10 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Captain America after credits sequence.....

I personally was not pleased that it was kind of turned in to just a big trailer for the Avengers... >:(

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 01:47 AM Reply

Decided I need to start posting on here some more, being a creeper just doesn't cut it.

Been sort of stuck in a rut artistically lately, sort of losing interest in painting. Been getting back into just pencil and pen stuff lately, and wanting to get back into screen printing.

This happen to you guys at all, anyone else ever lose complete interest in their medium of choice?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 01:47 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Decided I need to start posting on here some more, being a creeper just doesn't cut it.

Been sort of stuck in a rut artistically lately, sort of losing interest in painting. Been getting back into just pencil and pen stuff lately, and wanting to get back into screen printing.

This happen to you guys at all, anyone else ever lose complete interest in their medium of choice?

Absolutely. I left Flash for like 2 or 3 months, if you consider it a medium. I was bitten with the writing bug. I go through spurts of writing, animating, animating, painting, coding...

BUT I can tell you the best remedy I've found is this - paint something you'll absolutely hate to paint. And force yourself to finish it. As you work on it, you'll realize what you really wish you were painting.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 01:47 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Decided I need to start posting on here some more, being a creeper just doesn't cut it.

HSsssssssssssss.......

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 02:04 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 01:47 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: This happen to you guys at all, anyone else ever lose complete interest in their medium of choice?

Actually, I am just now coming out of of a rut....

I thought I was coming out of it a couple weeks ago, but it was a false horizon...

I think what has really started me to come back out of the rut has been me trying to go back to practice some basic stuff that I loved a long time ago, but never got back to getting better at.
For the first time in a month or so, I not only actually want to do something but I am regaining the drive to actually do it.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 02:39 AM Reply

I can feel myself slipping into a rut right now actually. I always alternate between different mediums, right now I'm on pencils and charcoal.

My remedy for that kind of thing is just looking at people who completely outclass me, just not thinking about "art" or trying a medium I don't do often (right now I'm sewing).

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 02:46 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 02:39 AM, Knocturne wrote: I can feel myself slipping into a rut right now actually. I always alternate between different mediums, right now I'm on pencils and charcoal.

My remedy for that kind of thing is just looking at people who completely outclass me, just not thinking about "art"

lol, I waste way too much time looking up artist and art that nuke me right off the planet. :P
I just bounce around the net looking for awesome art.
Also, my friends think I have some sort of photo fetish, I'll Google random thing, but I set it to like 10 Mega Pixels so I get these awesome ungodly huge photos :3.. its a hobby...

or trying a medium I don't do often (right now I'm sewing).

I haven't sewn anything in a long time... But I do keep my machine oiled and ready to go....

Man Card Please...
yes sir :'(.....

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 02:54 AM Reply

You's a man Kinsei, sewing is hard (well, sometimes)

I mostly sew by hand though because it's more "relaxing" or something.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 02:54 AM, Knocturne wrote: You's a man Kinsei, sewing is hard (well, sometimes)

I-I can keep my card this time :')

I mostly sew by hand though because it's more "relaxing" or something.

I find machines kind of relaxing, and like to hear their motors and gears work...
I even have the piston set to a car's A/C compressor setting only a couple of feet from me...

I like the way it looks, and have even considered turning it in to a small table or something

>.>.... so yeah... machines....

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 03:34 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 01:55 AM, Wivernryder wrote:
HSsssssssssssss.......

Treeper? OH FUH-

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 04:19 AM Reply

Man what a night, I haven't gotten that many troll giggles in a while
:3

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 04:47 AM Reply

At 7/28/11 04:19 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Man what a night, I haven't gotten that many troll giggles in a while

I missed it. Awwwwwwwww.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 05:06 AM Reply

That's good.

That's not good.

I wish i'd know a way to get out of it, but the best tactic I have used so far is "sit it out". anaways.good to have you posting again, I missed that.

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 7/28/11 02:39 AM, Knocturne wrote: I can feel myself slipping into a rut right now actually. I always alternate between different mediums, right now I'm on pencils and charcoal.

I don't know if you've posted any or not, the place I'm on vacation at here has pretty dodgy internet at best and I haven't been able to get it to load images in the forums all day, but how has charcoal and pencil been working for you as far as mixing the mediums go? I've never really hard much luck with trying to mix the two. Usually the charcoal ends up drowning out the pencil, and the shine off the pencil ends up looking weird with the flatness of the charcoal.

Are you using charcoal just for the sake of getting darker darks? I'd recommend just fooling around with a black ballpoint pen for that. It blends really well with pencil and you can get some really nice, smooth shading.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 07:03 PM Reply

Rut, right now I'm in a huge rut. I've lost interest in art and animation. Right now I should be doing something...but I'm not. I don't like it at all.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 06:03 PM Reply

Things:
Art is dumb because everyone thinks they are an artist even when they suck
Art is dumb because everyone thinks they are being original and new or starting some new movement
Art is dumb because people tend to overthink or underthink a piece to the point where they miss the point
Art is dumb because there's no clear division in someone who likes art (like me) and someone who is actually what would be more classically viewed as an artist (like Ornery, let's say)
/end of repetitious pseudopoem

Studying art history has taught me that art is pretty dumb, it's kinda pointless, and depending on the notoriety it is pretty ephemeral and then an art pieces age or socio-political context can increase that art pieces value just 'cuz.

The other dimension on which art is dumb involves the artist's intent versus what is perceived, if what is perceived is more grandiose than what the artist had in mind, that piece can be elevated just to do audience reception even if the value of the perception is one based on "Ooh so pretty" and not "Oh the message". It's really the audience who decides what is good, and even if you as an artist are proud of some piece and it has all the elements a typically well received piece has, you're at the mercy of an audience and you're under more scrutiny when you're audience is composed of artistic peers.

More ranting later

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 7/31/11 06:03 PM, Knocturne wrote: Art is dumb

The conclusion that hits me after reading that rant is that it isn't so much that art is dumb, it is that studying art or the history of art in a normative way is dumb.

BBS Signature