New Topic Respond to this Topic
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 00:48:41 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:45 AM, Wivernryder wrote: I... occasionally drink, but haven't ever really considered drawing while doing so. Usually there's other things to do. But I have tried to draw a couple times while under various influences, with disastrous results. I used to have this really loopy-looking drawing of a bird though, until someone else burned it because they like fire and it was on flammable paper.

Huh. That is definitely one of the top "Why I don't have this picture anymore" stories I've encountered. Was it a picture of a Phoenix? 'Cause that would be funny.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 00:50:29 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:43 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I don't know, I rarely drink. And when I do, i don't really care if it's with company or not. Believe it or not, usually when I drink, it's because I enjoy the taste of the beverage. Not the effect of the alcohol.

I enjoy the taste of certain things, and have grown quite fond of certain ones.

Mostly Scotch and Whiskey
if I could only afford some nice johnny walker red or some jameson irish wiskey :3

I really don't care for many beer types or ales, save a certain few. So to each his own on that one.
So yeah taste does play a large role in it for me. the getting all fuzzy is just a bonus >:P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 00:51:23 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:48 AM, MajesticBob wrote: Huh. That is definitely one of the top "Why I don't have this picture anymore" stories I've encountered. Was it a picture of a Phoenix? 'Cause that would be funny.

Oh man I was pissed at the guy, but no, it was of a blue-jay that was out where we were, it kept flying around a piece of donut that someone tossed off to the side, picking off crumbs, taking them somewhere (presumably to a nest) and then coming back for more.
I spent what felt like a few hours on the drawing, but it was probably closer to about 20 minutes...

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 00:52:07 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:43 AM, MajesticBob wrote: I don't know, I rarely drink. And when I do, i don't really care if it's with company or not.

I rarely drink. But when I do, I prefer dos equis.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 05:13:33 Reply

I occasionally drink alone, but if I do it's not more that 2 or 3 drinks. The heavy drinking I only do with company.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 16:11:49 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:27 AM, Wivernryder wrote: Anyway, I've been wondering for a while... Is there anybody else that draws while under the influence of various narcotics (alcohol, various legal herbs)?

Never have and most likely never will.

But there is an interesting "experiment" on this site where an artist tries to draw the same pic nine times in different states of an LSD trip.

I even think, I originally got this link from someone else in the forum.

BBS Signature
Vousielle
Vousielle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 23:34:41 Reply

Hey I have a few sketches from a character design process. Sketches with BOOBIES

Art Forum Lounge

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature
Vousielle
Vousielle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-01 23:38:42 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:27 AM, Wivernryder wrote: So I'm not sure what the other members of the forum think, but I like this being page 420.
Anyway, I've been wondering for a while... Is there anybody else that draws while under the influence of various narcotics (alcohol, various legal herbs)?
I ask incredibly tentatively.

Herbal enhancement occasionally, booze more often. Also moar boobs

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Jinberry
Jinberry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-02 01:01:44 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:27 AM, Wivernryder wrote: So I'm not sure what the other members of the forum think, but I like this being page 420.
Anyway, I've been wondering for a while... Is there anybody else that draws while under the influence of various narcotics (alcohol, various legal herbs)?
I ask incredibly tentatively.

I've never tried to draw under the influence. I only drink with people not by myself, and I almost never draw when people are around, so... never really had the opportunity to I suppose.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-02 05:37:51 Reply

Went to my first non-rock music club today, I pretty much suck at dancing, so I was the center of attention doing things like this and making up stuff or pretending I was a t-rex.

I like clubbin

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-02 05:38:58 Reply

At 7/1/11 12:27 AM, Wivernryder wrote: so i herd u lieked drawin wiel u be hi

When I'm inebriated, under some drug or other, it's a social activity, nothing that I've ever done for the sake of drawing. Hell, if anything, I use drawing and painting as a sobering activity; I find it refreshingly therapeutic and good at clearing the head.

But if it counts, I've come up with some pretty nifty ideas while in the shower.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-02 15:35:07 Reply

Remember, it's always good to get a second pair of eyes to take a look at your first draft.

In other news, I've been to an event in a well-known museum here in munich. And the main exhibition mainly consisted of stickmen and colourful geometric shapes. WTF?

BBS Signature
XWarrior61
XWarrior61
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-03 01:17:04 Reply

First time I've fired up my Steam account in a while and this picture was on the screen.

Go Meat Boy

Art Forum Lounge

Just testing things out l popcorn
XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-03 04:09:40 Reply

Lookin' at M-Vero's drawing of the art forum members of the time a while back kinda makes me see how small the art forum is now.

We need to get more funky fresh artists here yeah.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Vousielle
Vousielle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-03 23:15:29 Reply

So I had never done any art nouveau, and with the urging of a young lady, decided to remedy the situation.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-03 23:54:18 Reply

At 7/3/11 11:15 PM, Vousielle wrote: So I had never done any art nouveau, and with the urging of a young lady, decided to remedy the situation.

Whats with all the plugging of the art into the art forum lounge as of late? Don't you have a Art Thread you could be sticking these? Just strikes me as a little bit odd, is all.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 06:53:01 Reply

At 7/3/11 11:54 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 7/3/11 11:15 PM, Vousielle wrote: So I had never done any art nouveau, and with the urging of a young lady, decided to remedy the situation.
Whats with all the plugging of the art into the art forum lounge as of late? Don't you have a Art Thread you could be sticking these? Just strikes me as a little bit odd, is all.

I started a riot.

BBS Signature
Kumakun4
Kumakun4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 16:18:02 Reply

At 7/4/11 06:53 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I started a riot.

Where's my metal birds MMO.

Also:
ri·ot (rt)
n.
1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.
2. Law A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.
3. An unrestrained outbreak, as of laughter or passions.
4. A profusion: The garden was a riot of colors in August.

I don't think you started any of those o.o
Just sayin'

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 16:55:12 Reply

Happy "We are no longer 13 british colonies" Day to you US rascals. Enjoy your fireworks and display of national pride!

You can however rant about your nation on 364 other days of the year, if you feel like it.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 17:15:44 Reply

At 7/4/11 04:55 PM, Luwano wrote: Happy "We are no longer 13 british colonies" Day to you US rascals. Enjoy your fireworks and display of national pride!

Wait, so you'll celebrate their 4th of July, but not my Canada Day?

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 17:19:45 Reply

At 7/4/11 05:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/4/11 04:55 PM, Luwano wrote: Happy "We are no longer 13 british colonies" Day to you US rascals. Enjoy your fireworks and display of national pride!
Wait, so you'll celebrate their 4th of July, but not my Canada Day?

Yeah I totally forgot about Canada Day this year. So happy belated Canada Day too!

And you get this old screenshot to make up for it:

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 17:31:02 Reply

At 7/4/11 05:23 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: I fucking hate 4th of july the fact that I own a 8 story apartment and my guest will be using fireworks. God damn cant they do it at their friends turf or something?

Calm down and enjoy the fireworks, jeez.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 17:52:29 Reply

At 7/4/11 05:23 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: I fucking hate 4th of july the fact that I own a 8 story apartment and my guest will be using fireworks. God damn cant they do it at their friends turf or something?

I hate people who don't call it Independence Day or American Independence Day or some other thing that actually is the name of the day. You don't say "I'm celebrating February 14th!" Or "YAY it's DECEMBER 25!".

It just shows how lazy/dumb americans are when they can't call their own holidays by their names.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 20:26:54 Reply

The vexon mmo isnt happening, im still working on a game but i ran into too many res hacker issues. And any mods i found wanted me to pay them and im not going to make it p2p.
A. Because anyone who would be interested would say "no fuck that"
B. P2p is stupid.

Im making the game and it will have online features but its not going to be a MMO.Mostly because im not going to waste all my time and hard work on a game so some 13 year old with cheat engine can crash the server.

Also im struggling with finding a place to stay and im trying to get a job and car etc.
But look out for my game on the 3rd of every month.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 21:28:55 Reply

Follow most of the free mmo's system of free content with the better stuff being purchased using real money.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 21:37:48 Reply

At 7/4/11 09:28 PM, Knocturne wrote: Follow most of the free mmo's system of free content with the better stuff being purchased using real money.

Even that's lame for a pixelated mmo.
For my game im going to let people pay what they want, they can buy the game for 5 dollars, 20 dollars, and so on or they can pay nothing and enjoy the game.
(hi five to whoever knows what i got that idea from)

And to run the server and have a few mods would be easy but like i said, all the Mods want lots of money because they have come to find that they can push how much they get paid, because you will either pay the mods or spend even more money having a custom tailored engine with a decent res hacker.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 21:43:52 Reply

At 7/4/11 09:37 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: For my game im going to let people pay what they want, they can buy the game for 5 dollars, 20 dollars, and so on or they can pay nothing and enjoy the game.

So you're giving it away for free.

Radiohead, I'm guessing. Or I suppose it could be those humble indie bundles that got their idea from Radiohead.

But those kinda worked because 1. Radiohead is Radiohead, and they have some diehard fans willing to pay money for something they could get for free. And 2. the humble indie bundle kinda appeals to people's guilt by putting charities in the list of people that will be getting whatever people pay (if you steal these games you're stealing from a charity!).

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Jinberry
Jinberry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 21:50:46 Reply

Random fact, Radiohead made the MOST money out of that In Rainbows release compared to all of their albums. So whoever came up with that idea is GENIUS.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 21:52:09 Reply

yeah radiohead =p
And theres not a big difference between letting people pay what they want and slapping a donation button on the website. I just dont like the idea of something saying "money plox" right next to the download button.

And while were on a topic like this, best cd art ever:

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-04 21:55:14 Reply

At 7/4/11 09:37 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote:
At 7/4/11 09:28 PM, Knocturne wrote: Follow most of the free mmo's system of free content with the better stuff being purchased using real money.
Even that's lame for a pixelated mmo.
For my game im going to let people pay what they want, they can buy the game for 5 dollars, 20 dollars, and so on or they can pay nothing and enjoy the game.

And to run the server and have a few mods would be easy but like i said, all the Mods want lots of money because they have come to find that they can push how much they get paid, because you will either pay the mods or spend even more money having a custom tailored engine with a decent res hacker.

If you really want to see where this could get you, you should create some kind of "demo" or "preview", but just don't name it that way. Create a game based on your engine with one or two quests or mission and submit it as standalone game.

You can see people's response to your idea, can make out possible flaws and prove its potential to possible sponsors. Or maybe you can even get someone to sponsor that game.

I just don't think you can make a multiplayer online game out of nowhere and pretty much on your own. No matter how good you are and no matter how good your idea is. But don't get me wrong I think your vexons are a great creation and assume a vexon game would be very catchy.

BBS Signature