00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,790 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 02:57:44

what is that chuck norris-jesus christ combination?

my user page, visit, leave a comment, help out

I don't paint, if you want a sketch or a graphic black & white drawing call me ;) Check my DeviantArt site :)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 09:48:13

I think I'm getting commissioned.. how about that?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 09:56:17

is it just my lack of researching skills, or is there nothing relating to drawing in the grey's anatomy book? i'm finding out interesting things about calcification, but nothing relating to proportions or how different structures interact.
if i only had my "anatomy coloring book" from Bio class...

anyone else know a good resource for learning basic structures?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 11:29:02

At 1/29/08 04:49 PM, MindChamber wrote: In PS you can set the layer with the line art to overlay or multiply in the layer properties, this allows you to paint on a new layer underneath without disturbing the line work.

Anybody know if there's a way to do this in Paint Shop Pro?

"Whoever said 'winners never quit' obviously never considered addicts." - Hoeloe

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 12:23:11

eww paintshop pro, why do you want to use Photoshops nerdy little cousin.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 17:27:31

..::RE: bold headlines::..

At 2/1/08 01:27 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
HERE'S AN IDEA

Why don't we use the bold headline titles like in the flash reg lounge... which seem to have been abandoned. But I'm guessing this'll be more active than that one, anyway so it'll have more use here.

Title
RE: Title
etc, etc.

I fully support this idea. I think that would help in keeping things organized.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 17:42:25

At 2/1/08 09:48 AM, McJesus wrote: I think I'm getting commissioned.. how about that?

Shes going to ask to meet you in person, drug you, and harvest your organs.

But she might be hot.

I'd go for it.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 17:47:14

At 1/29/08 03:15 PM, tiquandodo wrote: Open discussion? Ok then. Is everyone happy with just an Art forum or would anyone else prefer an entire Art section?

An art section like an Art Portal you say? Well I think that might be usefull and encourage people to make good art, like the flash and audio portal. Newgrounds is founded on the idea of animation witch is an art. So why not?

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 19:12:22

Bold Headlines

At 2/1/08 05:27 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: ..::RE: bold headlines::..
I fully support this idea. I think that would help in keeping things organized.

A third this decision!

Whoops, back to the Flash forum with me.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 21:36:04

At 2/1/08 12:23 PM, Razac wrote: eww paintshop pro, why do you want to use Photoshops nerdy little cousin.

Because its just as good, has better paintbrush effects and is cheaper?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 22:08:06

.::Photoshop v Paintshop::.

At 2/1/08 09:36 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 2/1/08 12:23 PM, Razac wrote: eww paintshop pro, why do you want to use Photoshops nerdy little cousin.
Because its just as good, has better paintbrush effects and is cheaper?

but where would i be without all those nifty filters!!

/joke

i only use it because i know the menu/key commands/ brush customization.
if i had traditional art experience, it might be different.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-01 23:57:33

At 2/1/08 05:42 PM, Vousielle wrote:
At 2/1/08 09:48 AM, McJesus wrote: I think I'm getting commissioned.. how about that?
Shes going to ask to meet you in person, drug you, and harvest your organs.

But she might be hot.

I'd go for it.

Sounds like a plan.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-02 00:44:07

.:RE: Illicit Organ Harvesting Love:.

Nothing is gained through timidity!

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-02 10:19:46

At 2/1/08 09:56 AM, kernalphage wrote:

anyone else know a good resource for learning basic structures?

kernalphage

theres a thread on NG's>>>>
HERE
go check that out...he put some really helpful stuff up.....but do the the ms painters he vanished

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-02 10:32:17

@...Photoshop Vs Painter...

i used painter for awhile.....i lost it when someone screwed around with my computer.....it was a good program....good brush's and what not

i now got photoshop......i still dont get it....i use to think i had photoshop....but i know the difference now

id go with photoshop cause last time i used painter was in october

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 08:46:33

RE: Community

Well the art community isn't as tight as general. Considering we have a small base of regulars, we don't seem to stick together. Sure there's a few groups, but they're off doing their own thing.

That, and I got nothing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 09:09:48

At 2/2/08 10:08 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: "Read the rules"

Does this annoy anyone else?

How when a thread is started that is breaking any rule is made. You'll get every kid in the art forum replying with an angsty "Read the rules" remark.

Seriously kids, cut it out.

If they're genuinely wanting advice, why don't you help them as well as telling them what they've done is wrong?

Just hurling abuse at them for a probably innocent mistake seems stupid - and is only making the community look bad.

I disagree. kids a fucking lazy pieces of shit.
if they are making a thread without a pic, it means they are too lazy to look for the subject.

The artforum is a gallery

try and post a big jpg of your question in your gallery in deviant art and see who quickly your account is deleted.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 10:23:52

Painter vs. Photoshop

I always meant to try out Painter and learn its interface but since I know Photoshop so well, Painter just intimidates me. Anyway, Painter and Photoshop are just tools. It's how the artist uses them that counts.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 10:58:06

Stupid artists

I think some artists overestimate the price of there art (I'm not saying theres something wrong with taking pride in your work). The other day I was out looking through some art galleries in my area, and I happen to notice some mediocre drawing of Jesus's head, no backround, just a shaded picture of a floating Jesus head. This pancil'd, not colored in drawing happened to be on sale from 1,000$ to 500.

Thats ridiculous, I wouldn't pay 50 dollars for it.

Anyone else notice this?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 11:03:21

At 2/3/08 10:47 AM, fetusdoctor wrote: If someone makes a thread asking for help, but forgets a picture, it would be alot more helpful to remind them that the rules don't allow you to start a thread with no pic, but also trying to help them with the problem at hand, solving both problems at once. Also, if someone has already said "read the rules", then we don't need 20 more people parroting that.

I dont know about you, but I see that all the time.

one says, try this link for your answer., and btw, read the rulez..
I dont think theres any harm in that. most of the time the poster says, Oh ok thanks, and moves on, and I lock the there. arthur is exaggerating.

I think its pretty obvious when and why people are getting blasted.

half the time you don't see them because I delete them.

No matter how nicely its put, "Plz post sonic sprites" deserves no kind of consideration.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 11:05:40

At 2/3/08 10:01 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: Perhaps I was just hugged too much as a child.

perhaps
but most of the time is because probably mommy has pinned every scribble they have shitted out on the refrigerator, and they expect their peers to do the same.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 11:16:53

At 2/3/08 11:05 AM, MindChamber wrote:
At 2/3/08 10:01 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: Perhaps I was just hugged too much as a child.
perhaps
but most of the time is because probably mommy has pinned every scribble they have shitted out on the refrigerator, and they expect their peers to do the same.

Jesus mc , obviously not a lover of the children?

Your gonna make a great father.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 14:02:04

At 2/3/08 11:16 AM, Darkaxl wrote:
At 2/3/08 11:05 AM, MindChamber wrote:
perhaps
Jesus mc , obviously not a lover of the children?

Your gonna make a great father.

actually my deal is I treat them and speak to them with the same level of respect I would one of my peers.
children, no fake when they see it, and coddling parents simply get themselves played in the long run...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 14:07:50

I am having trouble drawing the wrinkles/dips (you know what I mean) in clothing, not so much I can't draw them, but rather, I have trouble imagining what they should look like. Any advice? I really don't want to have to look up pictures of people wearing clothes just to draw realistic wrinkles.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 14:10:15

say, mindchamber, can i post a pic with a question here, since noone seems to see my question...
cuz every1 just scrolls down and places a rant about who knows what!!

so can i?
that way someone might see it and answer...

my user page, visit, leave a comment, help out

I don't paint, if you want a sketch or a graphic black & white drawing call me ;) Check my DeviantArt site :)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 14:18:30

At 2/3/08 02:07 PM, PhoenixTails wrote: I am having trouble drawing the wrinkles/dips (you know what I mean) in clothing, not so much I can't draw them, but rather, I have trouble imagining what they should look like. Any advice? I really don't want to have to look up pictures of people wearing clothes just to draw realistic wrinkles.

well you can look at your own clothes.....stuff them and put them into a position.....or hang them off a chair and draw them out.....after awhile you'll get the hang of that.....take a picture of your self with baggy or tight pants.....and take note on where the folds show.....examine it and catch the details....or if you have siblings or something like that get them to stand in front of you and draw them.....either way you work with what you can get and got

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 15:18:20

At 2/3/08 02:07 PM, PhoenixTails wrote: I am having trouble drawing the wrinkles/dips (you know what I mean) in clothing, not so much I can't draw them, but rather, I have trouble imagining what they should look like. Any advice? I really don't want to have to look up pictures of people wearing clothes just to draw realistic wrinkles.

This might help: http://www.creativespotlite.com/drawing/
drapery-tutorial-1.htm

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 17:23:43

dunno if i should post this in the art forum or what, but does anyone know anything about being/becoming a "Technical Artist" for videogames, or about anything in that field?

from the few days when i visited vicarious visions (they did gh3, i think), it looked like that is the kind of job i'd fit under... doing neither polywork nor physics engines, but working as the link between programmers and artists to make art apps and teach 3d tools to more traditional artists.

or if anyone knows a good place to look for future college education in either art or 3d programming?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 19:58:40

At 2/3/08 02:10 PM, Gromuluss wrote: say, mindchamber, can i post a pic with a question here, since noone seems to see my question...
cuz every1 just scrolls down and places a rant about who knows what!!

so can i?
that way someone might see it and answer...

dont see why not

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-02-03 20:12:26

I'm in a stage where I can't seem to paint or draw anything, I have no inspiration because I keep hyping myself up about things SO DAMN much, that those things get boring and annoying to think about. It's happening right now with warhammer-I want to make a new dwarf army but I totally doubt I'll be able to muster up enough money before I hate it again :/

Does anyone know of any collabs or something, almost like the munnys, but more like ng sketchbook?
A while ago I saw something where you get a little wooden cube to paint and send it back in, But I think that was only for UK kids.

Halp?

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature