Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 536,354 Views
  • 17,337 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Yule-tide blessings everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great time, no matter what you believe or celebrate (or don't).

Don't get too dr0nkn!


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 12/25/10 11:13 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Don't get too dr0nkn!

ow.... but.......Why?.....

oh yeah, no whiskey.... nvm...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Merry Christmas NG Art Forum.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 04:05 PM Reply

Christmas feast is the best feast.

Lasted about 2 hours
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Merry Christmas :D

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Merry Christmas etc.


BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 06:43 PM Reply

Merry Christmas. Fuck "Happy Holidays", if I want someone to have a Happy Hanukkah, then I'll mention it in the same sentence as Christmas.

So what did we all get?

I got a new laptop, Gloves and a fancy hat are gifts that are consistently useful. I got all I really wanted at the time. Funnily enough, I really didn't want much this year.

A few new notebooks too.

Why isn't there a stickam?


I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 12/25/10 06:43 PM, Felis wrote: So what did we all get?

Money, food (to bring back for uni), Windows 7 (probably install later or tomorrow), a 2011 12-month House (tv show) calendar, season 1 of Community, a casual button-up shirt, a nice 3 button jacket, and some socks.

Why isn't there a stickam?

Probably too many people busy with family.... and food.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 07:44 PM Reply

ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry, pelase help, need to stop time. tiMTe alwsays is against me aLwaSY why time! leave me alone, shit ,s hti stop ahwtin time.; .life'ss too important to waste Liekt his ahrhhghgh gotoa go gotta go do stuff ans stop wating time!!! MERry cCHristmas

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 07:45 PM Reply

I got some Pringles, jeans and kinect, with kinect adventures n Dance Central!!! 8 D
dance central is pretty cool

there should be a season mood to choose

But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 09:31 PM Reply

can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?
what is "fine art" for example : o

sorry for double post!

But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 12/25/10 09:31 PM, Kosuk wrote: can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?
what is "fine art" for example : o

sorry for double post!

Fine art is for when you use traditional media like paint, and other things. Illustration is for line art using traditional media. and digital media. 3D art is art made in 3d programs like blender, maya, 3dsMax, etc. Pixel art is when you make art resembling things for retro games, or any games before 2000.

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 12/25/10 09:37 PM, Glacier wrote:

Fine art is for when you use traditional media like paint, and other things. Illustration is for line art using traditional media. and digital media. 3D art is art made in 3d programs like blender, maya, 3dsMax, etc. Pixel art is when you make art resembling things for retro games, or any games before 2000.

ooooh! ok, now i get it! thanks man! didnt want to get in trouble with the categories! : D


But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 11:34 PM Reply

My yuletide haul was an ATX computer case and case fan, a couple of books, a Sherlock season one DVD and a package of gummy bears. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Happy Yulmashannukwanzaa to all and to all a good night.


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Abbyka
Abbyka
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 11:58 PM Reply

I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.

Art Forum Lounge

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 11:58 PM, Abbyka wrote: I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.

Personally, I like to set line weight to pressure sensitivity.

Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 11:58 PM, Abbyka wrote: I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.

wait....touch?
does that one come with a pen???


Celestica

BBS Signature
Abbyka
Abbyka
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 12/26/10 12:02 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/25/10 11:58 PM, Abbyka wrote: I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.
Personally, I like to set line weight to pressure sensitivity.

How do I even adjust pressure sensitivity? I can't seem to find the option for it. Maybe I'm just trying to do too much on too little energy. I should be in bed. lol I'm going to give up on it for tonight and pick it up again in the morning. But any advice is appreciated til then. I'm so used to my pencils!

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 01:28 AM Reply

At 12/26/10 12:06 AM, Abbyka wrote: How do I even adjust pressure sensitivity? I can't seem to find the option for it. Maybe I'm just trying to do too much on too little energy. I should be in bed. lol I'm going to give up on it for tonight and pick it up again in the morning. But any advice is appreciated til then. I'm so used to my pencils!

It should either be in the tablet settings or in the program settings.
I set line weight to pressure sensitivity in photoshop, and now when i use my tablet in any other program, such as flash or even MS Paint, it has the same effect.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 12/26/10 01:28 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It should either be in the tablet settings or in the program settings.
I set line weight to pressure sensitivity in photoshop, and now when i use my tablet in any other program, such as flash or even MS Paint, it has the same effect.

Meanwhile, I DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY ART >.>

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 01:41 AM Reply

At 12/26/10 01:33 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Meanwhile, I DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY ART >.>

I've been busy doing christmas shopping and food prepping.
Also, I'm going to bed.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 05:04 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 09:37 PM, Glacier wrote:
At 12/25/10 09:31 PM, Kosuk wrote: can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?
what is "fine art" for example : o

sorry for double post!
Fine art is for when you use traditional media like paint, and other things. Illustration is for line art using traditional media. and digital media. 3D art is art made in 3d programs like blender, maya, 3dsMax, etc. Pixel art is when you make art resembling things for retro games, or any games before 2000.

That's just plain bullshit. Glacier is right about the 3d part, but not on the others. The difterence between fine art and illustration can be hard to see but it is nothing to do with the media you use. Fine art is art in the traditional sense; L'art pour L'art. Illustration is art that is meant to illustrate (tell) a story. E.g conceptart or entries to c.o.w. would normally be considered illustration.
Pixel art is pretty str%u0105ight forward, although there are some different opinions about the specifics of it.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 06:27 AM Reply

At 12/26/10 01:33 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
Meanwhile, I DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY ART >.>

It's because he sucks.

<3 Jonny.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 06:40 AM Reply

At 12/26/10 05:04 AM, J-qb wrote: That's just plain bullshit. Glacier is right about the 3d part, but not on the others. The difterence between fine art and illustration can be hard to see but it is nothing to do with the media you use. Fine art is art in the traditional sense; L'art pour L'art. Illustration is art that is meant to illustrate (tell) a story. E.g conceptart or entries to c.o.w. would normally be considered illustration.
Pixel art is pretty str%u0105ight forward, although there are some different opinions about the specifics of it.

Yeah I'd go with J-qb's explanation on this, but I wouldn't fret too much about it. It's a difficult line to draw between fine art and illustration, and the categories are far too few to be useful. Use the search bar, or even Google.

I haven't modded the categorisation sections in a long, long while because it's incredibly difficult to manage, especially with people's different idea on what's classed as fine art and illustrations. People also get 3D and pixel art wrong, but they're stupid.


BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 07:44 AM Reply

Fine Art vs Illustration

Yeah, J-qb pretty much has it but I would also like to put out there that imo; the fine art category can be used as a 'cover all' for what doesn't neatly fit into the other categories. Illustration IS, of course, fine art too.


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 10:34 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 09:31 PM, Kosuk wrote: can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?
what is "fine art" for example : o

sorry for double post!

i just submit everything under illustration, because for me illustration defines all drawings, fine art is stuff like ornery i would use to describe it, NG really needs more categories for art submissions

At 12/25/10 07:44 PM, CloudEater wrote: ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry, pelase help, need to stop time. tiMTe alwsays is against me aLwaSY why time! leave me alone, shit ,s hti stop ahwtin time.; .life'ss too important to waste Liekt his ahrhhghgh gotoa go gotta go do stuff ans stop wating time!!! MERry cCHristmas

son, i am dissapoint, i did so much for you and your late

BizarroJoe
BizarroJoe
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 12/25/10 07:44 PM, CloudEater wrote: ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry [...]
At 12/26/10 10:34 AM, Ashman wrote:
son, i am dissapoint, i did so much for you and your late

And you're not the only one.

Art Forum Lounge

Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 01:17 PM Reply

Fine art vs illustration = lol

For some reason this reminds me of the 90s.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 12/25/10 11:58 PM, Abbyka wrote: I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.

The touch or the pen, cause the touch doesn't come with a pen and if you're trying o do art with a touch, yeah, it's gonna be very difficult. kinda like finger painting.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 12/26/10 10:34 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 12/25/10 07:44 PM, CloudEater wrote: ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry, pelase help, need to stop time. tiMTe alwsays is against me aLwaSY why time! leave me alone, shit ,s hti stop ahwtin time.;
son, i am dissapoint, i did so much for you and your late

Wait, so cloudy made a collab, and he didn't even ask me to contribute anything?

That bastard!