bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 11/6/10 04:26 PM, Wivernryder wrote: HEPPY BIRSDAY JOY!
according to skype

She won't even notice us posting here......

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 04:33 PM Reply

For those of you that don't check the activities thread... we're doing a collab. No thread... just stickam!

...and happy birthday, joy! :D

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 11/6/10 04:33 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: For those of you that don't check the activities thread... we're doing a collab. No thread... just stickam!

...and happy birthday, joy! :D

No, guys, I haven't abandoned you, I swear.
I feel so left out!!! My laptop broke about a weeks ago, and Im getting it back on Monday. But till then, I cant draw or anything! Thank god I have pen and paper or else I might have gnawed my leg off O.o
I also may/may not have lost all of my pictures and data, including, but not limited to, my Halloween pic and jonny's VERY belated birthday pic :( miss you guys, an happy b-day cosmic!

miss you Danny!!! :3
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 10:30 PM Reply

Stickam isn't really working for me. I blame it on the nets.

Anyway, just a quick question, what's the deal with using photographs in art? Acceptable, as in with a ton of editing, or just not really good unless you've drawn the whole thing?

Anyway, example below, just gone ahead and drawn something, but not really sure that, even though the photo is a royalty free one and that it's been raped with a mountain of editing (and I really did not want to draw anymore) that using photos is anything other then downright inethical (although it's already downright cheap).

Art Forum Lounge

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 10:41 PM Reply

Also, just watching tv and LOL at the new sonic game: Sonic Colors. And I you preorder you get a sonic hat. Trololololololololololol!!!

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 11/6/10 10:41 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Also, just watching tv and LOL at the new sonic game: Sonic Colors. And I you preorder you get a sonic hat. Trololololololololololol!!!

Actually I'm hearing a lot of people saying that it's the best 3D sonic game yet. Honestly, I already liked the original games, so it's not much of an improvement for me, but obviously it's not any worse then their usual games. Although calling it "Sonic Colours' and including a bloody hat as incentive (I know like, 3 people who wear hats. Ever) wasn't the best marketing decision.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 11/6/10 10:46 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 11/6/10 10:41 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Also, just watching tv and LOL at the new sonic game: Sonic Colors. And I you preorder you get a sonic hat. Trololololololololololol!!!

Man screw Sonic, they have given us nothing but shitty games for the past ten years, though I have completely nothing against the original ones on like, the Genesis and what not. Though the one for the...Lynx I believe, was pretty bad and it gave me eyesores, though it's a portable game from the 90s what do you expect.
In the news of games (other than that New Vegas is incredibly awesome) does anybody have any games that they can't wait for to come out.
Mine are dead Space 2, Killzone 3, and (which I have preordered currently) Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:59 AM Reply

Sega's ideas: "if megaman re did it and made it 8-bit, then we can do the same thing and be just as cool and popular!"
Haha, no. Sonic couldn't make the transition to 2-d to 3-d.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 11/7/10 12:59 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Sega's ideas: "if megaman re did it and made it 8-bit, then we can do the same thing and be just as cool and popular!"
Haha, no. Sonic couldn't make the transition to 2-d to 3-d.

Yet alone from 3-D to 2-D, lol. Also, Sonic was more 16 bit than 18 bit, just clearing that up. I didn't want WW3 starting.

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 01:34 AM Reply

I don't know if you guys have heard, but SEGA also wised up and made a classic play style Sonic 4 with awesome graphics. Very much like how "New Super Mario Brothers" was done.

I got it for XBLA and it's pretty damn slick, you'll love it if you played and enjoyed the originals.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 05:09 AM Reply

You know guys, I think we need a Photography Forum. So photography can have their own so they wouldn't be downed by people like us. What do you think?

I know there is a thread somewhere where you put your ideas for newgrounds. Care to help me?

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 05:21 AM Reply

Their kind isn't welcome here!

But fo' srs, they can just use here. It's Art, photography threads and such are allowed, just not in the Art Portal. I fail to see the problem.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 11/6/10 11:08 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: In the news of games (other than that New Vegas is incredibly awesome) does anybody have any games that they can't wait for to come out.

D.i.a.b.l.o.3
I cant say it one go or Im gonna have to run around in the rain to cool down.... man every update/teaser they release makes it even more awesome, now they released some gameplay info which is just driving me crazy.... they are "hoping" to release it in 2011 but might push it back to 2012...:`(

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 11/6/10 11:08 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
At 11/6/10 10:46 PM, Lintire wrote:
In the news of games (other than that New Vegas is incredibly awesome) does anybody have any games that they can't wait for to come out.

So this is the new title that everyone's raving about at the moment huh? I am still actually playing the original DOOM that came out in 1994

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 08:09 AM Reply

my tablet started to work!!!
now i shall start to draw again! 8 D

thank guys who suported me!

But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 09:28 AM Reply

At 11/6/10 11:08 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:

Personally, I can't wait for LittleBigPlanet 2. I'm also waiting for the remake of Tactics Ogre. Though I think it looks kind of ugly, I love SRPGs and that's the original one, and I'd love to play it. Lastly, the 3DS and its starting lineup look magnificent.

Other things I'm looking forward to: Marvel V. Capcom 3, Disgaea 5, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Pokemon Black/White, etc.

Haven't been interested in New Vegas. It looks too same-y for me, and I can only take so much of bleak, near-monochromatic wasteland. I get that there are neon light on the Vegas strip that add some much-needed color, but still, I think Fallout 3 was enough for me, great though it was. Come on, Bethesda, make us an Elder Scrolls V already.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Haven't been interested in New Vegas. It looks too same-y for me, and I can only take so much of bleak, near-monochromatic wasteland. I get that there are neon light on the Vegas strip that add some much-needed color, but still, I think Fallout 3 was enough for me, great though it was. Come on, Bethesda, make us an Elder Scrolls V already.

The thing about New Vegas is that I feel that it has a lot more liveliness to it, like there are more people and factions to get to know and whatnot. So, sure it's very monochromatic at times, but there are places that kinda break away from "walk over this rock".
From what I know Elder Scrolls V is currently in development.

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 11:36 AM Reply

Only game I'm gonna be buying soon? Black ops. Looks pretty fun. (you can kill zombies as jfk or fidel castro). Only other game im interested in right now is skyward sword.
Maybe black/white.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Spenner
Spenner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:07 PM Reply

I've been having such a creative explosion this weekend. I've filled about 5 pages in my sketchbook plus 3 vector drawings on the computer >__> I kinda like this but now I can think of nothing except ARTARTART which wouldn't be that bad I suppose.

Speaking of costumes, I didn't get to make one this year :/ last year I was Vince from ShamWow, the year before I made a Pac-man costume from an exercise ball out of fiberglass and yellow duct tape, and the year before I was the pyramid tetris block and my friends were the other blocks.

I wanted to be Sub Zero this year, with a fire extinguisher on my back that was connected to my wrists for my ice beam :/ that never happened. I worked all Halloween weekend -_-

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:08 PM Reply

Photography
Photography is a perfectly acceptable art form, just not for the art portal. People are more than welcome to create personal photography threads. Why, brycemilburn has his own photography thread, proving that it's perfectly acceptable.

Gaming
All I'm waiting for is Skyward Sword. There are 3 main reasons why.
1) one-to-one sword control
2) running up walls
3) prequel to ocarina of time

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:39 PM Reply

Game Coming Soon(ish)

I have a hard-on for the following games:
-LittleBigPlanet 2
-RAGE
-Marvel Vs Capcom 3
-Bioshock Infinite
-Twisted Metal
-Duke Nukem Forever (OMG, it's actually gonna happen!)

Of course, I'll wait to hear if they wind up being good or not before I decide to purchase any, but I'm pretty confident in my list.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:48 PM Reply

On the topic of games, I recently bought Super Scribblenauts, which was one of the main games I was looking foward to coming out this year. It's pretty awesome, has alot more depth than the original. If you've played the original, I reccomend it.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Also on the topic of games.

Super Meat Boy. That is all.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 11/7/10 12:48 PM, Dexter3000 wrote: On the topic of games, I recently bought Super Scribblenauts, which was one of the main games I was looking foward to coming out this year. It's pretty awesome, has alot more depth than the original. If you've played the original, I reccomend it.

In case you didn't know, Mega64 is in that game.

BBS Signature
Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 11/7/10 12:54 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
At 11/7/10 12:48 PM, Dexter3000 wrote: On the topic of games, I recently bought Super Scribblenauts, which was one of the main games I was looking foward to coming out this year. It's pretty awesome, has alot more depth than the original. If you've played the original, I reccomend it.
In case you didn't know, Mega64 is in that game.

Yep, I knew that. A friend of mine who's a fan of Mega64 told me about this.

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 03:41 PM Reply

Have someone played mischief makers?
I never played the whole game but it was fun!

Art Forum Lounge

But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
RascalRyuk
RascalRyuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 08:50 PM Reply

Hey, so im pretty new to the Digital art scene but think im pretty good classicaly.
so what im wondering is if anyone can maybe point me out to a great tutorial on how
to accomplish the amazing digital art look of peaple like jouste and ultrapitchfork.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 11/7/10 08:50 PM, RascalRyuk wrote: Hey, so im pretty new to the Digital art scene but think im pretty good classicaly.
so what im wondering is if anyone can maybe point me out to a great tutorial on how
to accomplish the amazing digital art look of peaple like jouste and ultrapitchfork.

Buy/Download an art program, buy a tablet. Then figure out how the program works, layers, changing/editing brushes and other things and just start practicing.

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 10:57 PM Reply

Sherlock / Modern Translations of Classics

Okay, so over the past three weeks I've been watching the BBC production Sherlock on Masterpiece Mystery on PBS. It's (obviously) based on the Arthur Conan Doyal characters but has been set in contemporary times and with new mysteries and such. I think it works, but I am a lifelong fan of Sherlock Holmes and may be biased.

Anyway, have any of you seen the show?

Do modern takes on classics work for you?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 11/7/10 10:57 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
Arthur Conan Doyal

*Doyle....

derp I feel stupid now.

BBS Signature