New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 23:15:50 Reply

At 11/3/10 11:07 PM, CloudEater wrote: On this date last year CloudEater made his first ever post in the Art Forum...discuss.

On this Day, We Honor the anniversary of the untimely demise of CloudEaters real life social life

Discuss

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-03 23:49:45 Reply

Soooooo. I have downloaded the pepakura file for the T-51B power armor helmet. It's gonna be a long process, I also plan on doing Desert Ranger armor from scratch.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 04:20:14 Reply

Discuss

well... welcome to the club :D... its not that bad you know... see some great artists work... and yeah... you COULD have a life as well... but why would you want another one?...

One of us... One of us...

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 05:49:34 Reply

Discus

Art Forum Lounge

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 06:48:45 Reply

At 11/4/10 05:49 AM, J-qb wrote: Discus

I see what you did there.. Youuuu..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 07:59:28 Reply

At 11/4/10 05:49 AM, J-qb wrote: Discus

Red discus

Look at me, copying his jokes.

Art Forum Lounge

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 08:50:15 Reply

Hello guys. I wanna ask how to put a "Painting effect" in your coloring. You know, colorings like Nekow, or Arvalis. I want to learn it. Any advice?

Man, this migraine is as painful as hell. D:

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 08:57:44 Reply

At 11/4/10 08:50 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hello guys. I wanna ask how to put a "Painting effect" in your coloring. You know, colorings like Nekow, or Arvalis. I want to learn it. Any advice?

http://www.melissaclifton.com/tutorial-f reehand.html that

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 12:38:42 Reply

At 11/4/10 08:57 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 11/4/10 08:50 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hello guys. I wanna ask how to put a "Painting effect" in your coloring. You know, colorings like Nekow, or Arvalis. I want to learn it. Any advice?

aww damn Qb, and I was looking forward to reading that..... :(
maybe the link will be fixed later

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 12:48:03 Reply

At 11/4/10 12:38 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/4/10 08:57 AM, J-qb wrote:
aww damn Qb, and I was looking forward to reading that..... :(
maybe the link will be fixed later

aww I see its broken... It wouldnt load for me either, but I figured that was just my connection playing up, so I just pasted the url.
What you are looking for is called "digital painting", you can find some good tutorials by googling that. I liked the one I linked because it just covers the basics, instead of going in full detail to one specific case.

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 23:07:00 Reply

Newgrounds Does Mother Goose Collab

Just a heads up on a new writer/artist collab. Once we have a few more posts in that thread, we'll make a thread here. So if anyone is up for writing... have at it! yay!! :D

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 23:20:00 Reply

At 11/4/10 11:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Newgrounds Does Mother Goose Collab
Just a heads up on a new writer/artist collab. Once we have a few more posts in that thread, we'll make a thread here. So if anyone is up for writing... have at it! yay!! :D

Yeah, it's pretty much the same style as the Robot Collab, the writing art combo. So have at it what you will folks. I figure that this is a good project to get everyone back into the groove of art with a fun activity.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 23:24:44 Reply

At 11/4/10 11:20 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty much the same style as the Robot Collab, the writing art combo. So have at it what you will folks. I figure that this is a good project to get everyone back into the groove of art with a fun activity.

Speaking of activities, when is doubles, chow and cow gonna start up again? Its not the same without them...

if they even still do cow...

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 23:32:08 Reply

At 11/4/10 11:24 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Speaking of activities, when is doubles, chow and cow gonna start up again? Its not the same without them...
if they even still do cow...

Cow has been dead for months, Chow for weaks, and Doubles for months.
You'd need to talk to TOAS about COW, SmilingIdiot for Chow and AwesomeSaurus for Doubles.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-04 23:44:18 Reply

At 11/4/10 11:32 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Cow has been dead for months, Chow for weaks, and Doubles for months.
You'd need to talk to TOAS about COW, SmilingIdiot for Chow and AwesomeSaurus for Doubles.

When I first came this place was swarming with activities... It's dwindled quite a bit, now. Anywho, I found

this very interesting. Architecture=art, so i thought id share.

look at my pictures

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 04:08:57 Reply

At 11/4/10 11:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Newgrounds Does Mother Goose Collab

yay ill be on the art side :P

At 11/4/10 11:24 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Speaking of activities, when is doubles, chow and cow gonna start up again? Its not the same without them...

oh man, dont even mention cow to turkey...bad things happen, i think its more that people arent participating in these contests because theres no prize, last doubles i think 1 pair finished, and chows started becoming activity threads with no voting threads, and iv been told i cant run weeklies anymore for good reason

Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 04:31:56 Reply

I need help with some hardware advice and what-not.

Ill be getting alot of money to get a laptop and tablet soon, my original plan was:
Alien-ware laptop/ Cintiq

Versus:
tablet laptop

I think it would be very nice to get both a laptop and a tablet all in one shot but i know that some tablets are made specifically for art. My question is how a tablet laptop would work with art programs, or if there a tablet laptop specifically made for art.

so does any one know anything on this or what?

Celestica

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 04:34:39 Reply

I'm dead certain that most weeklies stopped because of people not participating - that doesn't take much brains to figure out. People probably aren't participating because well, no real prize or satisfaction other then beating other Art regs for the hell of it, and that well, everyone's pretty damn busy nowadays.

People are at the stage where doing contests for the sake of doing contests isn't really an option anymore.

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 07:07:04 Reply

Sooo.. Am I the only one who is bothered by how the art portal always show the same four thumbnails from your gallery when people are watching your pictures? It would be nice if it would show the four most recent for if it was all random I think.

nilfisk

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 07:20:32 Reply

Yay story collab!

At 11/5/10 04:34 AM, Lintire wrote: People are at the stage where doing contests for the sake of doing contests isn't really an option anymore.

I dont think this is really the case. What made the various weeklys less interesting to me is the other competitors; It would like it if id be competing agains poeple of roughly my skilllevel rather than just the giants like jagondudo or those that are (with all respect) not very good. Additionaly, when less poeple join, I feel less inclined to join; which makes other poeple feel less inclined to join.

Anyways; If you think a certain weekly should be/could be started up again contact a/the previous host. You will need a certain amount of skill and dedication if you want to host them yourselves, otherwise your best bet is to stimulate someone else to do so.

At 11/5/10 04:31 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: I think it would be very nice to get both a laptop and a tablet all in one shot but i know that some tablets are made specifically for art. My question is how a tablet laptop would work with art programs, or if there a tablet laptop specifically made for art.

If you want to make art you have to keep in mind that a lot of art programs are very cpu intensive; especially when you are dealing with large canvas (say if you want to make an A3 sized print at 300 dpi). I personally couldnt compete in the larry poster contest, just because my laptop couldnt handle the size. I am on a dual core 2*2gig processor so to be frank photoshop can only really use one of those cores. Anyways, thats something you will have to pay attention to. Otherwise I have no experience with tablet laptops or the alienware you mentioned.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 07:20:36 Reply

At 11/5/10 07:07 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Sooo.. Am I the only one who is bothered by how the art portal always show the same four thumbnails from your gallery when people are watching your pictures? It would be nice if it would show the four most recent for if it was all random I think.

i think it shows the top four scoring pieces there, but i may be wrong

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 07:21:33 Reply

At 11/5/10 07:07 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Sooo.. Am I the only one who is bothered by how the art portal always show the same four thumbnails from your gallery when people are watching your pictures? It would be nice if it would show the four most recent for if it was all random I think.

Yeah, I agree

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 07:30:46 Reply

I was going to do a COW for Halloween, lol.

The absence of COW has nothing to do with people being "duhhh uhhhh ehhhhh"
Same with my lack of art output, I don't have time since I have other stuff I need to do. Work > ??? > Next art contest > COW is my priority.

... but let's be HONEST: the lack of activities is not DUE to the absence of COW, ChOW and Doubles.

As I have said countless times in the past, there is nothing stopping you guys from making an activity thread

(apart from providing a shitty/no starting picture).

It doesn't have to be like COW - actually it would be better if it wasn't ,since there's a shit load of constraints (time, theme, competitiveness, and some non-existant obligation to the host).

Do something simple. Don't have a thread dedicated to baked beans, that's a shit idea. How about ... "Draw a Shark" thread, or "Draw a Cheeky Octopus".

In short, I'd prefer people created their own activity threads, rather than comment on the lack of them.

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 10:22:02 Reply

At 11/5/10 07:20 AM, Ashman wrote:
i think it shows the top four scoring pieces there, but i may be wrong

I just checked, and nope, it has nothing to do with score. It is just the four first pictures you have uploaded. So your early works is haunting you D: I don't mind people seeing my progress, but I would like it if they saw my most recent and (hopefully) best work before they go through the archives.. :P

nilfisk

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-05 10:42:21 Reply

At 11/5/10 10:22 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: I just checked, and nope, it has nothing to do with score. It is just the four first pictures you have uploaded. So your early works is haunting you D: I don't mind people seeing my progress, but I would like it if they saw my most recent and (hopefully) best work before they go through the archives.. :P

its not the first four, i just checked, seems random, but its the same each time but different on each pic, i dunno maybe its tags? no idea

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-06 12:15:41 Reply

Today I've been giving harsh crits to people on deviantart and I say they don't respond the way I expect them to. They just say, short words or respond in an angry rage. It's quite amusing to read.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-06 12:26:36 Reply

At 11/6/10 12:15 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: They just say, short words or respond in an angry rage. It's quite amusing to read.

You expected them to respond professionally? :P

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-06 13:00:12 Reply

At 11/6/10 12:26 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/6/10 12:15 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: They just say, short words or respond in an angry rage. It's quite amusing to read.
You expected them to respond professionally? :P

It's hilarious. I just posted "BAD" on every anime/furry/invader zim piece on the front page and about six of their friends from each group absolutely FLOODED my page. It's pretty entertaining, and reminds me how much better newground's feedback is. You don't get swarmed with hate or have nothing at all.

look at my pictures

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-06 13:14:02 Reply

At 11/6/10 12:15 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Today I've been giving harsh crits to people on deviantart and I say they don't respond the way I expect them to. They just say, short words or respond in an angry rage. It's quite amusing to read.

AHaha stupid dA, you can also leave 3 words that display a neutral/semi-negative attitude on a Daily Deviation and get like 3 people and a mod reply to your comment.

Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-06 16:26:51 Reply

HEPPY BIRSDAY JOY!

according to skype

BBS Signature