Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 601,367 Views
  • 17,704 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 10:11:32 Reply

Happy Halloween everybody!

Does anyone have plans for the big night?

Art Forum Lounge


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 11:48:38 Reply

At 10/31/10 10:11 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Happy Halloween everybody!

Does anyone have plans for the big night?

I kind of do, but it all banks on if I can get these girls to go or not. So far though, I haven't been successful.... :(


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 11:50:10 Reply

I have plans to go cram for Tuesday's exam.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:17:30 Reply

I've got two midterms and a lab report this week, so no festivities for me.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:31:31 Reply

Hello guys, I've been browsing through DeviantART forums and found out that most of them don't even know we have an art community. I say it's just so sad.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:34:27 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:31 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hello guys, I've been browsing through DeviantART forums and found out that most of them don't even know we have an art community. I say it's just so sad.

Hey, we've got more of a community than they do. DA is just kind of a sprawling mass. I'm personally happier that this one's smaller, because it's not overloaded as a result.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:35:47 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:31 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: we have an art community.

WE HAVE AN ART COMMUNITY? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? WAS IT IN TOMS NEWSPOST? CAUSE I ALWAYS READ TOMS NEWSPOST! I ALWAYS DO!
GOD BLESS NEWGROUNDS!

this post was part of my halloween-costume.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:37:17 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:34 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Hey, we've got more of a community than they do. DA is just kind of a sprawling mass. I'm personally happier that this one's smaller, because it's not overloaded as a result.

Well yeah, but they say newgrounds is only a site of trolls with no talent. More sadness.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:41:08 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:37 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 10/31/10 12:34 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Hey, we've got more of a community than they do. DA is just kind of a sprawling mass. I'm personally happier that this one's smaller, because it's not overloaded as a result.
Well yeah, but they say newgrounds is only a site of trolls with no talent. More sadness.

No talent? Have they looked at the "newest" page on DA, or do they only look at the "most popular" page? Seriously, how much crap is there on that site?!
Don't let it get to you.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:44:44 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:37 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
Well yeah, but they say newgrounds is only a site of trolls with no talent. More sadness.

>.>.... um I might have added to that stereo type a little. I tore apart a dA users art in person the other night :P And then I showed him a ton of flaws in his favorite user's animations....

oops :3

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:54:51 Reply

DA only appears to have more talent because DA has such a bigger userbase, if you put it in terms of percentages, good to bad art, NG wins it, and the bad art is out of sight, thank lord for the unscouted section, as much as i love arguing with DA its a bad idea, your sorely outnumbered, its like going against 4chan, you dont even try it, you just smile and wave

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:58:15 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:54 PM, Ashman wrote: just smile and wave

Smile and Wave boys.... Smile and Wave....

o.0..

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 12:59:49 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:41 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
No talent? Have they looked at the "newest" page on DA, or do they only look at the "most popular" page? Seriously, how much crap is there on that site?!
Don't let it get to you.

Be careful with what you say. Superficialness goes both ways.


BBS Signature
Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 13:41:15 Reply

At 10/31/10 12:31 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hello guys, I've been browsing through DeviantART forums and found out that most of them don't even know we have an art community. I say it's just so sad.

Indeed it is. Newgrounds is better than DA in my opinion.

Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 14:00:45 Reply

I'm helping out at my friends annual haunted...yard
found out another house does one of these too and are planning to check it out later tonight

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:07:57 Reply

Off the topic of Halloween....
This thread
Alright, we get it, Kinsei found out that one of the pictures was stolen. But everyone doesn't need to flock in like a bunch of mindless zombies and re-state the fact. Seriously, just PM a mod, and let the thread sink back into the shit from which it came. Stop fucking posting "hurr hurr, this is stolen, you're a bad boy".

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:09:55 Reply

iv angered nae, kinsei, youve been through this, hide me

i beg of you
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:15:17 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:09 PM, Ashman wrote: iv angered nae, kinsei, youve been through this, hide me
i beg of you

It's called think before you post.
I'm sorry Kinsei, but you're terribly guilty of failing to do this.

Just because you want to spam the fuck out of someone's thread, doesn't mean you should.
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:18:54 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/31/10 03:09 PM, Ashman wrote: iv angered nae, kinsei, youve been through this, hide me
i beg of you
It's called think before you post.
I'm sorry Kinsei, but you're terribly guilty of failing to do this.
Just because you want to spam the fuck out of someone's thread, doesn't mean you should.

nope, its called not remembering what id posted in the lounge before :( and im guessing kinsei's ban'd or is soon to be

ok mr perfect
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:26:52 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I'm sorry Kinsei, but you're terribly guilty of failing to do this.

Eh, I'm cool with it... I just felt like being a dick.
I'm on so little now days that I tend to simply go balls to the wall :D

Just because you want to spam the fuck out of someone's thread, doesn't mean you should.

Now your just taking the fun out of life


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:29:43 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:18 PM, Ashman wrote:
ok mr perfect

Not even close Ash.
I posted like an asshole in Sukomi's thread because that was me venting pent up rage towards him. It was a stupid post and I shouldn't have posted, but I did because I'm NOT perfect.
I'm just trying to be more mature with these threads. Sure it may be fun on our parts to be a bunch of stupid kids, and that's because that's what we are. But the thing is, it frustrates others (some more so), because there's a line between silly and just fucking stupid.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:32:44 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:26 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'm on so little now days that I tend to simply go balls to the wall :D

There's a difference between balls to the wall, and balls in peoples faces.

Although I dunno if you've figured it out yet :P
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:33:14 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:29 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: there's a line between silly and just fucking stupid.

Holy Fuck! Their is a line? I just thought it was an open field for game?

^ see... Lack of exposure to NG has desensitized me in to a dick some times...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:35:49 Reply

i take pride that i didnt post in biskers thread, i did keep looking, but yeah i was thinking "why the hell are you guys still posting there?" evidence of me thinking before i post, remember this, it doesnt happen often

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:40:31 Reply

I feel kind of bad for posting in iamskot's thread, and arguing at that. My bad. Sorry, Nae.

I don't want to get involved, but I agree with Johnny on the rest of the stuff.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 15:54:42 Reply

So, as we are having this conversation about the rules, and in relation to the conversation before this post and this post by the lovely renaenae v.

At 10/31/10 02:59 PM, Renaenae wrote: As 'helpful' as this topic might be... as it stands: All new threads... discussion or otherwise MUST start with a piece of original art. If there isn't a piece of art that pertains to the topic, then post in the lounge. Posting an unrelated pic to get around the rule is not allowed either.
POSTING in a thread that you KNOW breaks the rules is BREAKING THE RULES!

I think it would be nice if someone (or preferably a collection of certain someones) drew a line as to which rules are enforced here in the art forum. Because I, for one, am confused.
I kinda remember that in a previous discussion on this topic it was stated that if we could answer someones question we should do that rather than just redirect them to the rules (and/or appropriate thread). Likewise I remember some mods expressing that they thought it would be okay if regulars redirected poeple to the rules as long as they hadnt already been mentioned. But then there is this:

POSTING in a thread that you KNOW breaks the rules is BREAKING THE RULES!

I firmly believe that any set of rules is lacking. However, that only means its very important that there is a clear set of rules that is strictly enforced. I.E. Either get rid of that rules (or make the art forum an exception) or enforce it, which corrorrally means banning repeating offenders. Same goes for other rules.
Im not saying I agree with it, but I dont find it strange that poeple break the rules when they are so vague(ly enforced).


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 16:47:24 Reply

At 10/31/10 03:54 PM, J-qb wrote:
REPEATEDLY posting in a thread that you KNOW breaks the rules is BREAKING THE RULES!

...is that more clear?

I kinda remember that in a previous discussion on this topic it was stated that if we could answer someones question we should do that rather than just redirect them to the rules (and/or appropriate thread). Likewise I remember some mods expressing that they thought it would be okay if regulars redirected poeple to the rules as long as they hadnt already been mentioned.

Yeah, posting with an answer, directing to the rules and POLITELY pointing out the OP's 'error' is fine... for ONE person. We don't need 12 replies saying the same thing. Then a mod can come along and lock it without having to bump it. But there's a difference between backseat modding and legitimately trying to help. If you're not sure if what you're about to post crosses that line... then play it safe and don't post.

Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 19:48:00 Reply

well just asking a question off topic from whatever you guys are talking about....
Am i the only one here sad to notice how neglected some artists are of critiqe in the art bbbs?
I just find a bit rediculous that there will be a artist deserving some advice on his/her work when there are ten people logged in and they get nothing.
all that really happens on the art forum now is all of us sitting on stickam completely ignoring the forum.
dont get me wrong there are people who often give advice often but there are some users who will be here all day and will only give critiqe to their favorite artists or their little internet ass buddies thread.
i dont post all that often but i actually only need my thread to store my shit so i dont mind lack of attention.....

anyways, happy halloween guys =]

Art Forum Lounge


Celestica

BBS Signature
Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 19:53:34 Reply

just noticed all the spelling errors i made....shit


Celestica

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-31 20:04:20 Reply

At 10/31/10 07:48 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: Am i the only one here sad to notice how neglected some artists are of critiqe in the art bbbs?

Oh, we've discussed this many a time.
Personally, I only post if
a) I'm really blown away by their artwork
b) They have obvious flaws which I'm trying to help them with