New Topic Respond to this Topic
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-24 22:47:11 Reply

At 10/24/10 10:41 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Wow, am I the only person who is fine with uploading single images at a time?
Blah.

I'm cool with it.

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-24 23:15:03 Reply

At 10/24/10 10:41 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Wow, am I the only person who is fine with uploading single images at a time?
Blah.

Actually I'm down with the one picture per post limit, I actually get annoyed when browsing other forums and I see people dump a shitload of images or super-massive ones that break the forum or get resized. The thing that bugs me the most are forums where people have multiple signature pics. Seriously, do you really need that?

But, I think, there are some good reasons for the image constraints here on NG. Like; hosting the images on NG and not allowing outside images linked through BBCode is a good way to prevent tomfoolery such as image switching and dead images, and the one picture per post limit keeps bandwidth down (since we tend to not allow general image dumping threads and image spamming). I'm sure there are other reasons as well, those are just my guesses.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-24 23:58:11 Reply

So in other news i just installed my tablet on my laptop.
Question, for windows 7, I did it before but I totally forget.
How the fuck do I get rid of this fucking ripple when I click. I got rid of the obnoxious hold and click menu but i cant fix this ripple crap.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 00:07:30 Reply

At 10/24/10 11:58 PM, M-Vero wrote: So in other news i just installed my tablet on my laptop.
How the fuck do I get rid of this fucking ripple when I click. I got rid of the obnoxious hold and click menu but i cant fix this ripple crap.

dont you have an intuos4?
i do too and i know of no such thing as a god damn ripple

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 00:19:53 Reply

At 10/24/10 11:58 PM, M-Vero wrote: So in other news i just installed my tablet on my laptop.

iv got the hold and click and ripple both still active, they dont really bother me, the hold click kinda does but iv stopped noticing the ripple. should be in control panel somewhere i guess

Penboy
Penboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 03:59:17 Reply

psychedelic rock is good music to listen to when drawing. that is all.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 05:57:15 Reply

At 10/25/10 03:59 AM, Penboy wrote: psychedelic rock is good music to listen to when drawing. that is all.

I perfer to listen to dubstep or the like, myself, something with either a either beat or a choir behind it. Hell, even heavy metal does it for me - never tried psychedelic rock before, but it doesn't sound too bad so I might give it a try (Sound too bad, as in the name of it. Never actually listened to it before).

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 13:13:57 Reply

At 10/25/10 03:59 AM, Penboy wrote: psychedelic rock is good music to listen to when drawing. that is all.

I prefer to listen to anything that does not really drag me to low to the curb any thing slow or Sad like some of that Emo crap can sometimes be a bit of a De-motivator ,So I want something that is constantly active or something that is stable in a way that I can get a rise out of it

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 16:46:35 Reply

All about prog, space, indie, brit, low-fi, surf and post-punk, now that's drawing music ;D

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 16:47:01 Reply

Art Forum Rules
- Can we not provide any leniency towards discussion threads? The thing with the lounge is it's not necessarily the first place people go to (since they're not regs). Also discussion topics whizz past just like that - I've barely caught this one.
- The art request rule needs to be clearer, or developed. Something like "Art Requests may only be made in the art request thread, along with how much you're willing to commision." There should also be something where programmers with 3.5 BA+ CAN post request threads for their games. These should be the guys we welcome with open arms, not dump off in the request thread.
- Something about personal art threads, say "Please don't make a thread especially for one pic, unless it's for a project."
- Don't forget forum moderator's birthdays.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 17:34:42 Reply

At 10/25/10 04:47 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: - forget forum moderator's birthdays.

Done, and done.... :D

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 18:51:09 Reply

At 10/25/10 04:47 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: stuff

I agree with all of this; except the second point... I dont really know about that one..

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 22:15:17 Reply

At 10/25/10 04:47 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: - Don't forget forum moderator's birthdays.

Lol. This rule is just I don't know. But I'll keep it in mind.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 22:31:00 Reply

Rules and shite
Need stricter rules and more bannable offenses. Such as;
-Giving a shitty critique
-Critiquing a shitty piece positively
-Drawing fan art (perma ban if its sonic related)
-Half ass anime? 30 day ban
-tiny thumbnail pics = thread deletion
-Stolen art = account deletion and their home address posted publicly so we can send mocking -hatemail
-Tracing, thread locked to them but left open for public ridicule along with a front page post making -fun of their failure

Also we should rename forum to "sanctuary of ornery"
All users are required to draw at least one quality penis before they are allowed to post in any threads.

And Post-Rock is the best drawing music.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 22:39:36 Reply

At 10/25/10 10:31 PM, ornery wrote:

I agree with this. Though, beyond just post-rock, I also like to listen to anything I think is really pretty while drawing. This includes classical/baroque/romantic music (come on, I'm a violinist, of course I like classical music), some progressive rock, some folk, and some other stuff.

I also agree with most of your new rules. Why stop at hate-mail and ridicule? Sonic Fan art is horrible enough to warrant a public stoning, in my opinion! God, I'd love to be a regular in the Sanctuary of Ornery.

Though I won't be a regular there if I have to draw a penis. Fuck that.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 23:08:41 Reply

Honestly, me colring waaay too slow is just unimaginable. It's been 3 days of work and this is what I have so far.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-25 23:13:04 Reply

At 10/25/10 11:08 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Honestly, me colring waaay too slow is just unimaginable. It's been 3 days of work and this is what I have so far.

thats mostly your attention to detail, lay down the base colors, then do basic shading, then do details is what i mostly do, if its taking a long while it doesnt really matter as long as the end result is good, dont want to rush anything

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 00:20:54 Reply

At 10/25/10 10:31 PM, ornery wrote: Also we should rename forum to "sanctuary of ornery"

I'm ok with this....

All users are required to draw at least one quality penis before they are allowed to post in any threads.

and surprisingly ok with this as well.... o.0...

BBS Signature
FuyumiAya
FuyumiAya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 00:37:41 Reply

Rules and shite
-Stolen art = account deletion and their home address posted publicly so we can send mocking -hatemail

I'm okay with these.

wtf is this supposed to mean? like.. I'm seriously confused.

Does Mara from the Persona series count with this? other wise I'm not allowed to post here. xD

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 00:42:33 Reply

At 10/25/10 10:31 PM, ornery wrote: Rules and shite
-Drawing fan art (perma ban if its sonic related)
-Tracing, thread locked to them but left open for public ridicule along with a front page post making -fun of their failure

Also we should rename forum to "sanctuary of ornery"

There'd be a lot less "art" here ;O and it would make us seem somewhat elitest but then again I can't tell if you're kidding

And I've had a fairly penis free drawing experience up to now, I'm gonna be penis free til 2023!

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
FuyumiAya
FuyumiAya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 00:52:40 Reply

And I've had a fairly penis free drawing experience up to now, I'm gonna be penis free til 2023!

what makes 2023 so special?

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 01:08:32 Reply

At 10/26/10 12:52 AM, FuyumiAya wrote:
what makes 2023 so special?

It rhymes with free ;D

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 01:17:21 Reply

Pumpkin carving master!! This guy is amazing!!

I put this in the carving thread too, but didn't know if anyone was watching that anymore.
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 01:23:07 Reply

At 10/26/10 01:17 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Pumpkin carving master!! This guy is amazing!!
I put this in the carving thread too, but didn't know if anyone was watching that anymore.

Wtf!? His pumpkins are like actual sculptures! His amazingly good. I would want one of his carvings to be in my house.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 03:32:51 Reply

I'm incredibly okay with each and every proposed rule. i have absolutely no problem being incredibly elitist if it means getting rid of half the crappy topics that come up, and making people draw cocks will test their true allegiance to Newgrounds and it's history of the cock joke.

At 10/26/10 01:17 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Pumpkin carving master!! This guy is amazing!!

Eh, I pasted soemthing in the pumpkin carving thread and left it be, but this guy is damn-well amazing. I've seen other stuff - along the lines of egg and watermelon carving - get down into fine art, but this person has the masterpieces.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 09:56:10 Reply

This man is king.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 11:00:58 Reply

At 10/26/10 12:20 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 10/25/10 10:31 PM, ornery wrote: Also we should rename forum to "sanctuary of ornery"
I'm ok with this....

and surprisingly ok with this as well.... o.0...

Yes we can't. Settle for the last part that is...

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 11:36:44 Reply

ray villafane instantly struck me as renaenae for some reason O.o.....dont ask but iv seen stuff like this before, and its nice to now know who made the predator pumpkin

lol allergic to pumpkin
Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 13:07:44 Reply

At 10/25/10 11:08 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Honestly, me colring waaay too slow is just unimaginable. It's been 3 days of work and this is what I have so far.

You might want to give 'flatting' a try. It can really speed up coloring. If your process is draw first and color after. Check out this book Hi Fi Color for Comics. I had aspirations of being a comic colorist for a while, and this book really helped.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-26 23:46:31 Reply

Speaking of pumpkins... I did one again :D
I must well... gotta have something to spend my free time on right....

One gourd down..... one to go...

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature