Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 532,684 Views
  • 17,335 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 11:45 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/24/10 11:16 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/24/10 10:52 AM, CloudEater wrote: 3Dspecs is awesome and I have shitty not very dubstep 4 second loop... :S
I can't understand what the FUCK that review on it says.
hooray underage newgrounders that are butthurt

I have discovered that this user is Swedish, this is not an acceptable excuse though as Gumby and other people from nearby countries can spell perfectly.

Occluded
Occluded
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 01:33 PM Reply

Just checking in. My new job is working me 60 hours a week, looking for a new one.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 01:40 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 01:12 PM, CloudEater wrote: I have discovered that this user is Swedish, this is not an acceptable excuse though as Gumby and other people from nearby countries can spell perfectly.

shoulda replied with "english motha****** do you speak it"

woulda been so much more lols

hey occluded, that sucks, good to see your still about though

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 01:12 PM, CloudEater wrote: I have discovered that this user is Swedish, this is not an acceptable excuse though as Gumby and other people from nearby countries can spell perfectly.

Check their post history... they seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the English language prior to that review :P

At 10/24/10 01:33 PM, Occluded wrote: Just checking in. My new job is working me 60 hours a week, looking for a new one.

Oh hello there, stranger! ;D

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 02:37 PM Reply

Hey guys, do you know a way I could "speed up" my coloring process. Because I'm waaay to slow to cope with.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 02:37 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hey guys, do you know a way I could "speed up" my coloring process. Because I'm waaay to slow to cope with.

You could always equip the "Feather of Lightness". It's +5 to dexterity.

No, but seriously, just practice. Speed will come with time.
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 02:41 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
No, but seriously, just practice. Speed will come with time.

I think your right there. Maybe I should practice moar!

I think it the playing games part while doing my pics is slowing me down.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 02:41 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/24/10 02:37 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hey guys, do you know a way I could "speed up" my coloring process. Because I'm waaay to slow to cope with.
You could always equip the "Feather of Lightness". It's +5 to dexterity.

I was thinking the Quick Draw Feat. It makes Drawing a Free action, I'm sure the DM will let that apply to coloring as well


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:31 PM Reply

Art Forum Rules, Regulations and Enforcement

What up, peeps?

In our ongoing effort to make the Newgrounds Art Forum the best forum evar I thought I'd ask what you guys what you think of the rules and regulations of the Art Forum. Do you feel things are wonderful the way they are and shouldn't be changed or if you feel that the forum is a disaster and needs a total overhaul. Let's hear what you guys have to say.

Disclaimer: suggestions and comments will be read, if we feel that there is something to them we may suggest a rule change to staff, but there is no guarantee that anything will change, now or ever.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 03:31 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: In our ongoing effort to make the Newgrounds Art Forum the best forum evar I thought I'd ask what you guys what you think of the rules and regulations of the Art Forum. Do you feel things are wonderful the way they are and shouldn't be changed or if you feel that the forum is a disaster and needs a total overhaul. Let's hear what you guys have to say.

I think the rules are doing fine. I just think the title needs more noticeable fonts so the douchebags will actually see it this time.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Forum exclusive stickies and or in the rules add important threads, such as the lounge and request thread. something about 1 personal thread per person

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 03:31 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Art Forum Rules, Regulations and Enforcement

What up, peeps?

In our ongoing effort to make the Newgrounds Art Forum the best forum evar I thought I'd ask what you guys what you think of the rules and regulations of the Art Forum. Do you feel things are wonderful the way they are and shouldn't be changed or if you feel that the forum is a disaster and needs a total overhaul. Let's hear what you guys have to say.

Disclaimer: suggestions and comments will be read, if we feel that there is something to them we may suggest a rule change to staff, but there is no guarantee that anything will change, now or ever.

I've been pretty happy with how we all contribute to and enforce the rules, but if I could change anything it would be that any thread that starts with a picture done in ms paint then it will be locked immediately explaining why.
One more thing (even though only the NG Admins can do this) would be to let the people in the art forum double post in their art threads.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 05:49 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: One more thing (even though only the NG Admins can do this) would be to let the people in the art forum double post in their art threads.

Just close and reopen the thread... then you can post again, no?

Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 03:39 PM, M-Vero wrote: Forum exclusive stickies and or in the rules add important threads, such as the lounge and request thread. something about 1 personal thread per person

Generally there should be a rule about personal art threads. And I would also appreciate a collection of important links, may it be in the rules or in a new sticky thread for it. Lounge, Request thread etc. could be linked there so we don't have too many stickies.


BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 05:52 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 10/24/10 05:49 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: One more thing (even though only the NG Admins can do this) would be to let the people in the art forum double post in their art threads.
Just close and reopen the thread... then you can post again, no?

Works for me, but sometimes you have to wait a little while.. No biggie..

I have to say I pretty much like it as it is. I certainly don't think more rules is a good idea. Then every second post will just become a "hey n00b read tha rulez"-post. Pehaps there are some rules that can be made or explained in a simpler way even.


World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 05:52 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Just close and reopen the thread... then you can post again, no?

Yeah in my experience it's only like 60 seconds until you can post again, not that big a deal.

On the subject of of rules and shenanigans for the most part I think things are fine. Think everyone knows my opinion on regs being mean to newcomers and going overboard on the backseat modding, which hasn't really been an issue lately anyway.

We don't have too many rules anyway, can't really think of anything that should be added/changed. Would be nice to get things like the Request Thread stickied, which could increase the chance of people noticing it and post in there instead of making a thread and needing to get redirected.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:11 PM Reply

I have a complaint.

I don't want to say it though. Mostly because I don't know how to word it. The first half of what Ben said is kind of what I wanted to say but not really.

Also unblock me. Stop being mean and pretend I am a newcomer.


Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:12 PM Reply

On the subject of the picturesstarter; I think the rule should be maintained, but shouldnt be enforced that harshly, if poeple dont have a starterpic, give them a chance to post one. if they dont, the thread can still be locked.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 06:12 PM, J-qb wrote: On the subject of the picturesstarter; I think the rule should be maintained, but shouldnt be enforced that harshly, if poeple dont have a starterpic, give them a chance to post one. if they dont, the thread can still be locked.

I second that notion. Also the idea of a list of important links/threads made sticky sounds reasonble..


World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 06:18 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 10/24/10 06:12 PM, J-qb wrote: On the subject of the picturesstarter; I think the rule should be maintained, but shouldnt be enforced that harshly, if poeple dont have a starterpic, give them a chance to post one. if they dont, the thread can still be locked.
I second that notion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's basically how it's handled in most cases, isn't it?


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 06:12 PM, J-qb wrote: On the subject of the picturesstarter; I think the rule should be maintained, but shouldnt be enforced that harshly, if poeple dont have a starterpic, give them a chance to post one. if they dont, the thread can still be locked.

Yeah, I'm a strong supporter for that idea.
I still think we should maintain the starter pic rule, or else people will just show up and slap a link and say "hey look at my gallery". But we should give them a chance to rectify themselves before we slap em with a lock. That usually tends to discourage people from re-making a thread properly.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:26 PM Reply

rules are fine how they are now, and how theyre handled now, just gotta stop going overboard sometimes with backseat modding, if its been stated its against the rules, or if you know it is, dont post there, only additions i can think of is

- 1 personal thread is allowed, but other threads are allowed for personal projects, example would be veros art group shot or a similiar project, like the abobo arcade machine
- something about discussion threads, or discussions should be kept to personal threads or the lounge

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 06:20 PM, Luwano wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's basically how it's handled in most cases, isn't it?

Yeah, but a few poeple before me were propagazing zero-tolerance on thtat issue, so I thought Id speak up.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:46 PM Reply

I'm sure I speak for the masses when I say that I (we) would like to see my art thread stickied at the top of the page with a flashing golden border, thank you

also: I know it will never happen and it's not really part of the rules, but yeah, multiple image upload or [img] tags would be TOO DICE. it's a personal preference, not a huge issue, probably a waste of the twenty seconds it took to type this out

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 10/24/10 06:46 PM, tmkunt wrote: I'm sure I speak for the masses when I say that I (we) would like to see my art thread stickied at the top of the page with a flashing golden border, thank you

also: I know it will never happen and it's not really part of the rules, but yeah, multiple image upload or [img] tags would be TOO DICE. it's a personal preference, not a huge issue, probably a waste of the twenty seconds it took to type this out

The problem with multiple image uploads is that it takes the focus off of individual pieces. I know I wouldn't feel compelled to respond to a post with 5 pieces on it, especially since I would have to specify which piece I was talking about.
Besides that, what happens when you post all your art in the first post? What keeps a thread afloat before people start responding (for instance, it took me like 6 posts of my own pieces before anyone responded to any of my work) is that it's bumped with more art, but if you get all your art out of the way in one post and don't get a response, you're screwed.

At 10/24/10 06:02 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
On the subject of of rules and shenanigans for the most part I think things are fine. Think everyone knows my opinion on regs being mean to newcomers

Hey! I don't think I've ever been mean to a newcomer that wasn't a complete dolt.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Joshsouza
Joshsouza
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 08:34 PM Reply

hey guys, I am learning how to use blender, but since I am a newfag with it. How do I export to a file that newgrounds can take err .. How do I export it to a .jpg?


Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 10:11 PM Reply

good points luxemborg, but personally when I update an art thread on the various forums I frequent, it's to post wips and recent sketches in one or two large posts of work so that I can receive broad critiques on the elements of my technique that need work. I can usually figure out what is or isn't working in a single piece by myself and I really don't care what people think about just one in particular--telling me that the foreshortening on an arm in a picture isn't going to help me develop my all-around technique

and man, I do not want to make twenty new posts just to show the sketches I've done in the last three or four days. again, all personal preference and nbd, but still~!

Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 10:20 PM Reply

I agree 100%, the one image only per post has always been incredibly inconvenient.
The flash forum has a code engine, why not an image engine for the art forum?
or img tags

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Considering that the Art forum pretty much specifically deals in images, it's a bit of a no-brainer to let users dump entire gallerias at a time - at least in two or threes, because at the very least it would make things a lot more convenient. Otherwise, yeah, the rules are pretty much fine as is, and although a lot of newbies don't seem to read them I think they explain things just fine.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 10:41 PM Reply

Wow, am I the only person who is fine with uploading single images at a time?
Blah.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature