Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 03:35:30 Reply

At 10/18/10 05:23 AM, Lintire wrote: Tilt-shifting

I dont know, seems like a lot of work to finish up the drawing, only to blur out details in the background and foreground. Unless doing it manually that is.
Its a cool effect though.

Also this?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 04:24:43 Reply

At 10/19/10 03:35 AM, Havegum wrote: Also this?

I tried, but I really can't watch this. His commentary is unbelievably irritating.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 07:02:49 Reply

If you angled a drawing from the right beginning to be compatible with tilt-shifting, then it'd work out to be pretty awesome. I wouldn't advise taking a full-blown pic, tilt-shifting it, then posting it. That would just be a waste of time.

I'm pretty sure that it's simply referring to the cartoon Gumby stick thing or whatever, but it's still a pretty sweet co-incidence.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 07:16:59 Reply

At 10/19/10 04:24 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

His commentary is unbelievably irritating.
This, I still watched it though and lol! ..."fuck you gumby"

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 08:52:51 Reply

Also it's Peter's birthday!! http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1205 748

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 10:04:22 Reply

I really don't know why people see him as funny.
Also, what the FUCK does he have against Gumby?

At 10/19/10 08:52 AM, CloudEater wrote: Also it's Peter's birthday!! http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1205 748

I think he left the Art Forum for the Video Game forum.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 10:40:01 Reply

At 10/19/10 03:35 AM, Havegum wrote:

Also this?

Some guy nobody knows rants about other things nobody knows... if he was a little more funny, he could speak at funerals.

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 11:17:16 Reply

Hvis jeg bruker en oversetter til å snakke med folk som snakker et annet språk, vil jeg til slutt lære språket?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 13:52:37 Reply

Glad to see I'm still loved around here,

Thanks ToaS
~_^

Art Forum Lounge

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 16:08:10 Reply

At 10/19/10 01:52 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Glad to see I'm still loved around here,
Thanks ToaS
~_^

Get better internets goddamit >:(

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-19 17:06:29 Reply

At 10/19/10 04:08 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/19/10 01:52 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Glad to see I'm still loved around here,
Thanks ToaS
~_^
Get better internets goddamit >:(

I wish I could... 1 mbs sucks balls....
although my provider is suppose to upgrade their system to get us up to 6 mbs some time in the near future....

which probably means never....

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 14:49:31 Reply

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

had to, dont hate me, plzdntban

so hows everybody doing?

Art Forum Lounge

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 17:13:24 Reply

At 10/20/10 02:49 PM, Ashman wrote: C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

had to, dont hate me, plzdntban
so hows everybody doing?

Pretty good. I just got Fallout New Vegas yesterday and it is AMAZING!

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 18:24:42 Reply

At 10/20/10 05:13 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
Pretty good. I just got Fallout New Vegas yesterday and it is AMAZING!

Nifty. I've been looking forward to Playing Fallout: New Vegas but I already have a rather large backlog of games to play; I just started my first play through of Dead Space, lol.

In other video game related news I just got a pair of Upper Playground themed Astro A30's with Mixamp (I got the samurai with a white headset) and I have to say the difference between playing games with stereo output from a TV and a surround sound headset is pretty crazy. I really like being able to tell which direction your enemies are coming from from the sound of their footsteps and the noises they make. Pretty cash, if I do say so myself.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 18:54:38 Reply

My video game playing habits lately have kinda flopped - the most I ever really play these days is the odd Wii game or two. Going to try and get my Xbox360 working again, because playing a console requires a lot less effort (plug in and play) then a PC, despite lacking a lot of... well, PC features.

I seem to be spending a lot of free time here instead, probably because my gaming PC is, well, toast. It's good to see that somewhere, people are still playing games. I'll just retreat into a casual postion for now.

Also, nice to see Kinsei and Ashman here. Where'd you guys go? Having crap internet is no excuse for not visiting us, once you get dial-up, THEN you can complain.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 19:14:39 Reply

At 10/20/10 06:54 PM, Lintire wrote: Also, nice to see Kinsei and Ashman here. Where'd you guys go? Having crap internet is no excuse for not visiting us, once you get dial-up, THEN you can complain.

huh, im always around, just dont post half as much as i used to, probably lurking or logged off lurking, but yeah got next week off so should post more and get some kind of art done......hopefully, to make it better my internet got upgraded apparently, but the wierd thing is, they say its upgraded but it'll be slower than normal for a few days, which i really dont get, so im suffering right now, poor kinsei, know what hes got now

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 20:00:34 Reply

Speaking of games, I'm currently playing through Metroid II.
This game wastes no time, as you start right off with missiles and the morph ball, and you have to kill 40 metroids.

This game doesn't fuck around.
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 20:03:08 Reply

Tonight, it became obvious that Luxembourg is not destined to make plushies.
Shame is, I spent like 2 hours on this... abomination.
It's supposed to be a rodent of some sort.

Anybody else ever try doing this? How the hell do people make good ones?

Art Forum Lounge

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 22:10:29 Reply

At 10/20/10 08:03 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Tonight, it became obvious that Luxembourg is not destined to make plushies.
Shame is, I spent like 2 hours on this... abomination.
It's supposed to be a rodent of some sort.

Anybody else ever try doing this? How the hell do people make good ones?

I haven't actually known anyone, except online, who has ever even tried to make a plushie. The nearest I have ever gotten to making a full-blown plushie was some sort of paper construct in grade 3 which was full of cotton. I admire those who even try.

So yeah, no idea, but it's a pretty good first try anyway.

At 10/20/10 07:14 PM, Ashman wrote: huh, im always around, just dont post half as much as i used to, probably lurking or logged off lurking, but yeah got next week off so should post more and get some kind of art done......hopefully, to make it better my internet got upgraded apparently, but the wierd thing is, they say its upgraded but it'll be slower than normal for a few days, which i really dont get, so im suffering right now, poor kinsei, know what hes got now

Yeah, it's protocol as the modem switches, or something like that, so a brief drop is to be expected. However, it does seem that most of the regs spend most of their time just lurking around, so the place feels a lot more deserted then it really is. I'd probably be spending my time lurking too if I wasn't such a post-whore (see: 3k posts in half a year).

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 23:40:12 Reply

At 10/20/10 10:58 PM, MercatorMap wrote: Blatant repost.

I'm getting a tablet next month. How much should I drop for a decent one? Any namebrands that are better than others? What should I look for in a tablet capability wise?

I'd seriously look at getting a Wacom tablet.
If it's at all possible; try some out, either at an electronics store or use one that belongs to your school/place of employment/friend. You really can't get a feel for what you're getting into until you actually have some hands-on time with a tablet.

Bigger isn't necessarily better, size is really a personal preference; some prefer to work small and others like to sweep their whole arm around on a large plane, whatever floats your boat.

Pressure sensitivity is, for most people, a must, there is also tilt control which can be useful. Unless you really need touch sensitivity or lots of extra buttons, I'd put those things in the back of the line as far as extra features go, they can be nice, but are not that important, imo.

Money is not an issue. But I would like suggestions from low rate, mid rate, and expensive rate please.

Wacom has several lines of tablets out there, basically a low mid and high end, you can get a pretty good idea as to what is what by checking out their site

I am a tad bit anxious though about how it would work transitioning from seeing my pencil draw the lines, to see it appear on a screen.

Getting adjusted to the idea of your lines appearing on the monitor is probably the easiest part of the transition, imo. You just have to focus your attention on the screen and draw normally on the tablet (in your lap or on your desk). The part that hung me up was the texture of the tablet as opposed to paper and required pressure when making strokes, but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it and develop your own techniques.

If you're hesitating about taking the plunge, my advice would be to work more with a sketch pad first, the skills are more-or-less translatable and a sketchpad and some 2B's would cost you a lot less than a tablet. Still if you're serious about getting the hang of digital art then there's no reason not to take the plunge.

I have recently acquired PS CS5. Might need some help with that in the future, as I have no experience with electronic media producing.

Photoshop is a great program for doing art, I would say that it's (for me at least) more like painting than it is like drawing on paper. There are lots of tutorials online for all kinds of things in Photoshop.

Best of luck! =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 23:41:08 Reply

So I found out how to print screen with dual monitors.
Hold Alt when you press Prnt Scrn. It will take a screen shot of whatever window is active.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-20 23:56:42 Reply

At 10/20/10 11:41 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So I found out how to print screen with dual monitors.
Hold Alt when you press Prnt Scrn. It will take a screen shot of whatever window is active.

When I had two monitors I could just push PrntScrn and the image would be the 2 screens joined according to the screen settings with whiteness filling the excess space.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 00:50:42 Reply

At 10/20/10 06:54 PM, Lintire wrote: Having crap internet is no excuse for not visiting us, once you get dial-up, THEN you can complain.

I visit all the time... I just lurk.... >.>.... not so sure this crap net can handle more than a couple post a day :P
I've had 56k before... in the area I'm in now as a matter of fact.

they have had DSL only for a few years around here....

but hey, I found a bottle of Bacardi in the back of the fridge that has been setting around for over a year, so it's all good now.... :D

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 02:40:18 Reply

At 10/21/10 12:50 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I visit all the time... I just lurk.... >.>.... not so sure this crap net can handle more than a couple post a day :P

Hey, man, I'm not holding it against you. It's just a bit lonely around here, and we could really use some posting company. Happy lurking, hope your nets get better soon.

but hey, I found a bottle of Bacardi in the back of the fridge that has been setting around for over a year, so it's all good now.... :D

Like finding a penny on the ground, where you know that your luck is going up. But unlike a penny, this is edible (is it? I don't know what Bacardi is).

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 06:39:09 Reply

At 10/21/10 12:15 AM, MercatorMap wrote: It's a toss up between these two

http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_fun.p hp

http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen_t ouch.php

I don't know if I can get a hold of somebody who has a tablet around here to play with for a bit. I know there are none at work because we do everything the old fashioned way with pens, paper, and mice with keyboards.

I use the bamboo pen, and it serves me well. The difference between these two is essentially size (the fun is a little bit bigger), color (black or white), and touch control (the fun has it, the pen doesn't.)
If all you're doing with your tablet is drawing, you really only need pen control, but touch control can be nice for certain things, I've heard.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 08:24:09 Reply

At 10/21/10 12:15 AM, MercatorMap wrote: It's a toss up between these two

Go with the bamboo pen and touch. The extra features in the fun aren't really necessary and aren't worth the extra $100.

Funny, since I have a Bamboo Fun, but mine was like $110, and looks way different than that one.
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 10:41:31 Reply

At 10/21/10 02:40 AM, Lintire wrote: Like finding a penny on the ground, where you know that your luck is going up. But unlike a penny, this is edible (is it? I don't know what Bacardi is).

lol I could find a hundred pennies on the ground and still be in the red when it comes to luck. Bacardi is Rum so yeah.... it's quite a bit better than a penny :D

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 10:54:54 Reply

At 10/21/10 10:41 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 10/21/10 02:40 AM, Lintire wrote: But unlike a penny, this is edible (is it? I don't know what Bacardi is).
Bacardi is Rum so yeah.... it's quite a bit better than a penny :D

Bacardi is the cheap rum of college students.... and apparently Kinsei.

And it's not that great.
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 10:55:08 Reply

At 10/21/10 10:41 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 10/21/10 02:40 AM, Lintire wrote: Like finding a penny on the ground, where you know that your luck is going up. But unlike a penny, this is edible (is it? I don't know what Bacardi is).
lol I could find a hundred pennies on the ground and still be in the red when it comes to luck. Bacardi is Rum so yeah.... it's quite a bit better than a penny :D

Bacardi is shitty rum, but it will get you drunk just the same. So it all good :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 11:55:53 Reply

Shitty rum gets you just as drunk as good rum..... unlike damn pennies.... none of them get you drunk and hurt much more on the way out....

BBS Signature