Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 716,868 Views
  • 17,813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 15:28:49 Reply

At 10/21/10 03:22 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Art Portal Issues

Have any of you peeps been having problems uploading art to the Art Portal recently? I've gotten a complaint from a user who has been unable to upload art, I figured it was another instance of the Portal's dislike of Internet Explorer, but he's using Firefox, and has tried multiple times to upload his art, so I'm at a bit of a loss this time.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear 'em.

Sorry BMK, I haven't been around enough recently to upload anything... to be honest I haven't even taken my scanner out of it's box since I moved.... >.>..... man I have a shit-load of sketches to scan too :P


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 15:44:55 Reply

At 10/21/10 03:22 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Art Portal Issues

Have any of you peeps been having problems uploading art to the Art Portal recently? I've gotten a complaint from a user who has been unable to upload art, I figured it was another instance of the Portal's dislike of Internet Explorer, but he's using Firefox, and has tried multiple times to upload his art, so I'm at a bit of a loss this time.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear 'em.

i havent uploaded anything since madness day, but i should have some more stuff up soon i hope, and im using firefox, so ill let you know if any bugs pop up, iv had it not let me upload once or twice but it generally fixes itself

Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 16:46:58 Reply

Redeemer's art tip of the day: how to ruin your painting

1 - Find a fine-point pen in a store and buy it
2 - Use it to ink an image you finished sketching
3 - Moisten the image in preparation of colouring with watercolours.
4 - Cringe as you realize that the pen is not waterproof and the ink is swimming all over the piece.

And the deadline was tomorrow, FFFFUUUU

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 17:10:24 Reply

At 10/21/10 04:46 PM, Re2deemer wrote: 3 - Moisten the image in preparation of colouring with watercolours.

Why have I never done this nor even though to do this?

Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 17:14:29 Reply

At 10/21/10 04:46 PM, Re2deemer wrote:
And the deadline was tomorrow, FFFFUUUU

Solution: use acrylics.

I know, that's not really a solution, considering either A, you are more experienced and comfortable with watercolor, B, watercolors is the assignment, or C, both of these reasons.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 18:51:05 Reply

At 10/21/10 03:22 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Art Portal Issues

Have any of you peeps been having problems uploading art to the Art Portal recently? I've gotten a complaint from a user who has been unable to upload art, I figured it was another instance of the Portal's dislike of Internet Explorer, but he's using Firefox, and has tried multiple times to upload his art, so I'm at a bit of a loss this time.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear 'em.

I haven't actually had any real problems with the art portal, ever. The only times when it doesn't do what I want are when my internet itself is having trouble, and it just refuses to upload - same deal with posting, surfing, or anything at all, really. If it's not uploading, then it's my internet that's being unkind (and I use firefox). My last upload was a couple of days ago, anyway, so if there's been a major problem it's happened between now and then, I suppose.

At 10/21/10 04:46 PM, Re2deemer wrote: Redeemer's art tip of the day: how to ruin your painting

1 - Find a fine-point pen in a store and buy it
2 - Use it to ink an image you finished sketching
3 - Moisten the image in preparation of colouring with watercolours.
4 - Cringe as you realize that the pen is not waterproof and the ink is swimming all over the piece.

And the deadline was tomorrow, FFFFUUUU

Wow, that really sucks. I've only ever, ever used watercolour once - it was in a Elmo "Firehouse Fun" watercolour book, a long, long time ago and I don't remember having any real artistic problems. Does this simply mean that you're screwed for the deadline, or are they likely to understand your predicament?

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 19:42:24 Reply

At 10/20/10 08:03 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Tonight, it became obvious that Luxembourg is not destined to make plushies.
Shame is, I spent like 2 hours on this... abomination.
It's supposed to be a rodent of some sort.

Anybody else ever try doing this? How the hell do people make good ones?

That's not bad at all for a first time plush. What did you use to make it?
Another thing, what are those posters on your wall?


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 19:51:35 Reply

At 10/21/10 07:42 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:

Anybody else ever try doing this? How the hell do people make good ones?
That's not bad at all for a first time plush. What did you use to make it?
Another thing, what are those posters on your wall?

Old t-shirts. I don't intend to go back, since, beyond sucking, I just don't think the medium is for me. I made it for a chemistry assignment, in which the teacher (who's kind of crazy) said we could make something with a mole for "mole day", a day of her own creation. Some people in the class wanted to make stuffed animals, so I thought I'd give it a shot, too. The other people's plushies were WAY better. I'm just kind of wondering if anybody else has experimented like this, so I brought it up

The posters? Look through my art thread, you might recognize them. My dad loves my drawings, so he's made bunches of glossy prints of my digital drawings. Some are framed and hanging throughout the house, but I used some of the extras as wall decorations.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 19:55:17 Reply


The posters? Look through my art thread, you might recognize them. My dad loves my drawings, so he's made bunches of glossy prints of my digital drawings. Some are framed and hanging throughout the house, but I used some of the extras as wall decorations.

I had feeling those pictures were yours, I could tell just by the style alone.
So, about that masking tape project...


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 20:15:42 Reply

At 10/21/10 07:55 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:

The posters? Look through my art thread, you might recognize them. My dad loves my drawings, so he's made bunches of glossy prints of my digital drawings. Some are framed and hanging throughout the house, but I used some of the extras as wall decorations.
I had feeling those pictures were yours, I could tell just by the style alone.
So, about that masking tape project...

Different wall, not done yet, not gonna do WIPs.
I will finish it, because I'm not gonna be able to stand looking at a half-finished thing of masking tape for too long before I feel the need to finish it, but I haven't found sufficient time.
I'm sorry.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 20:33:57 Reply


Different wall, not done yet, not gonna do WIPs.
I will finish it, because I'm not gonna be able to stand looking at a half-finished thing of masking tape for too long before I feel the need to finish it, but I haven't found sufficient time.
I'm sorry.

It's no problem, I just can't wait to see the finished project.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Joshsouza
Joshsouza
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 21:40:32 Reply

Hey guys, I just figured out that you can get a reasonably good Cintiq-ish tablet for only 530 dollars with software included. Just buy an ipad and get a stylus like this or This and get a good software like Sketchbook Pro for iPad or Brushes for the iPad. I am using it like that with sketchbook pro. Plus the iPad's battery life is like 10 hours so if you are doing a good painting or something, you will have it there.


Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 22:02:52 Reply

At 10/21/10 09:40 PM, Joshsouza wrote: Hey guys, I just figured out that you can get a reasonably good Cintiq-ish tablet for only 530 dollars with software included. Just buy an ipad and get a stylus like this or This and get a good software like Sketchbook Pro for iPad or Brushes for the iPad. I am using it like that with sketchbook pro. Plus the iPad's battery life is like 10 hours so if you are doing a good painting or something, you will have it there.

I've thought of this before, but I don't think the iPad has nearly the level of touch sensitivity/precision that the Cintiq has, and that software isn't as good as a normal drawing program (though it's surprisingly good for an app).
It's not a bad idea, though, and I'm sure some artists have utilized it before.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Joshsouza
Joshsouza
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-21 23:03:14 Reply

I guess, but there is a whole group of iPad artists on Flickr that you can check out


Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 07:55:59 Reply

Hey everyone! i want to start my own little personal art thread. but I have no idea what to draw as first picture : o

any sugestions and ill think about it x D

please look at my gallery to know what im talking about! : D


But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 09:44:20 Reply

At 10/22/10 07:55 AM, Kosuk wrote: Hey everyone! i want to start my own little personal art thread. but I have no idea what to draw as first picture : o

any sugestions and ill think about it x D

please look at my gallery to know what im talking about! : D

if you already have some art then use that as the start pic, then just keep posting other stuff and new stuff

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 11:29:34 Reply

At 10/22/10 09:44 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/22/10 07:55 AM, Kosuk wrote: Hey everyone! i want to start my own little personal art thread. but I have no idea what to draw as first picture : o

any sugestions and ill think about it x D

please look at my gallery to know what im talking about! : D
if you already have some art then use that as the start pic, then just keep posting other stuff and new stuff

Yeah, this is basically what we do around here. It's okay if your piece also appears in the Art Portal. Personal art threads are generally used for; showing off smaller/lower quality versions of what we post in the Art Portal, posting works-in-progress or stuff that we want to show off or want feedback on that, for one reason or another, we aren't going to post in the Art Portal.

As long as you're putting in a decent amount of time and effort, we'd love to see what you have in a personal art thread.


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 12:22:05 Reply

ok thanks guys! ill see what pic i want to put! x D


But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 15:02:59 Reply

Hey lunds, noticed you've been posting a lot lately, are you back up in running?

argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:01:41 Reply

At 10/22/10 12:22 PM, Kosuk wrote: ok thanks guys! ill see what pic i want to put! x D

In a way I could sort of tell what you going to post as your starter. You really like drawing nude women huh?

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:13:52 Reply


In a way I could sort of tell what you going to post as your starter. You really like drawing nude women huh?

Yeh i do, I draw what I like : D
but I DO draw others stuffs, just not that good D :

I have allready started my Thread tho x D


But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:35:34 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:01 PM, argile wrote:
In a way I could sort of tell what you going to post as your starter. You really like drawing nude women huh?

What? Are you implying that there are artists who don't really like drawing nude women? I am offended!


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:37:47 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:35 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: What? Are you implying that there are artists who don't really like drawing nude women? I am offended!

Some artists actually prefer doing other things with nude women....


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:43:59 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:37 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 10/22/10 06:35 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: What? Are you implying that there are artists who don't really like drawing nude women? I am offended!
Some artists actually prefer doing other things with nude women....

... Well Picasso had to go and find the models from somewhere for one of his paintings not that I'm going to go in to the time to find one of his paintings.

Art Forum Lounge

argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:48:18 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:35 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 10/22/10 06:01 PM, argile wrote:
In a way I could sort of tell what you going to post as your starter. You really like drawing nude women huh?
What? Are you implying that there are artists who don't really like drawing nude women? I am offended!

Really??? I don't have to think like other people... I have different intentions for my subjects.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:48:25 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:43 PM, argile wrote: ... Well Picasso had to go and find the models from somewhere for one of his paintings not that I'm going to go in to the time to find one of his paintings.

really not that hard to find...

Art Forum Lounge


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 18:52:25 Reply

Isnt mostly of the women Picasso Painted/Drawn prostitutes? : o
or am I totaly wrong? o :


But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 19:01:28 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:52 PM, Kosuk wrote: Isnt mostly of the women Picasso Painted/Drawn prostitutes? : o
or am I totaly wrong? o :

Most of the women any famous artists painted were prostitutes, or wives/mistresses.


I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 19:01:56 Reply

At 10/22/10 06:52 PM, Kosuk wrote: Isnt mostly of the women Picasso Painted/Drawn prostitutes? : o
or am I totaly wrong? o :

I don't know but it seems like the case for that painting but honestly I never took any serious consideration into actually doing extensive research on past art movements.
I don't know if the 3 musicians is in the same case...

Kosuk
Kosuk
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-10-22 19:18:04 Reply

haha well was just making a conversation, dont worry x D


But there's no sence crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

-Portal, Still alive

BBS Signature