Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 515,744 Views
  • 17,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 04:46 PM, Twilight wrote: painting wants

poor bastard, having to use acrylics. First I just want to say that if you aren't a good artist to begin with, some people telling you how to do stuff on the internet wont ever make you become a better one right away, especially not with something as complex and versatile as painting. Real life medias don't have filters to make the piece look less shitty, there is no undo key.

My biggest hints would be get your hands on some acrylic medium, mat medium will work fine. bring it to class and tell the teacher she can go fuck herself if she says you cant use it. This will make your paints dry a bit slower when you mix it into them on your pallet. They will also go on smoother and will allow you to do a bit of blending on the canvas itself. Next make sure you dont use random ass colors, using all colors of the rainbow is nice and all, but in a painting if you have a red somewhere MAKE SURE THAT RED SHOWS UP SOMEWHERE ELSE FARTHER AWAY. Especially in the case of a volcano, where so much light is being cast on EVERYTHING. You should have high contrast for the super bright spots and have those brights reflect appropriately on the things around them.

All i can say is good luck, but i doubt a first time acrylic painting will do anything to wow or deter someone who is a giant weeaboo tool.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Man, I just looked at my art thread, I think it is high time I uploaded another picture, and I've been drawing a lot.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 04:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Oh. My. God. Marry me. Seriously, there's a girl JUST like that in my class, only she draws fuckin dragons and animals all day, while she constantly criticizes my drawings and what not.

No, you marry ME Demo. Theres a girl in my class who draws dragons all day too! She laughs at my drawings (sometimes understandably, but still!). She totally has something with her head. She really, truly believes dragons are real. (She also hisses at you when you say hi. No lie.)

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 9/25/10 10:35 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/24/10 04:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Oh. My. God. Marry me.
No, you marry ME Demo.

You guys are too young to be talking about marriage.

Especially you kashi =P
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 9/25/10 10:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/25/10 10:35 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/24/10 04:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Oh. My. God. Marry me.
No, you marry ME Demo.
You guys are too young to be talking about marriage.
Especially you kashi =P

Thanks, DAD, but we are both 14! Why don't you stop treating me like a child?!? I'm 14 now! I think I can handle myself. GAWSH! Why are you being so thick-headed about this? I hate you!!!
*Storms up to room; stomps back down*
By the way, Dad, I'm pregnant! You can't stop me from marrying the man I love!
*Runs back upstairs*

Big-Jonny-Sr
Big-Jonny-Sr
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 05:03 AM Reply

At 9/25/10 11:11 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/25/10 10:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You guys are too young to be talking about marriage.
Especially you kashi =P
Thanks, DAD, but we are both 14! Why don't you stop treating me like a child?!? I'm 14 now! I think I can handle myself. GAWSH!
By the way, Dad, I'm pregnant! You can't stop me from marrying the man I love!

Oh Boy! I'm gonna be a great-grandfather!
Oh-oh-oh, whoa-ooh-ooh-ooh, oh-whoa-oh!

Peglay
Peglay
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:33 AM Reply

Hey guys i have a question, whats better to use, Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro?


You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:40 AM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:33 AM, Peglay wrote: Hey guys i have a question, whats better to use, Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro?

whatever we say would be based on opinion, you gotta decide whats better to use for you, everyone has different tastes and preferences so you might be different, like i use photoshop for coloring and sai for lineart

those 2 programs look pretty similiar though, but iv never used sketchbook pro, so i couldnt compare em

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Sketchbook pro and photoshop are very different. Sketchbook pro is too free form for me, not enough tools or options to do what I want.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys something.
Did you guys enjoy highshool? I mean, really enjoy it, not just get by, but have it the best four years of your life?
Because for me, its just sorta meh. I've met alot of new people, got new friends, the classes are good, but I still don't actually "like" highshool.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 9/26/10 09:28 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Sketchbook pro and photoshop are very different. Sketchbook pro is too free form for me, not enough tools or options to do what I want.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys something.
Did you guys enjoy highshool? I mean, really enjoy it, not just get by, but have it the best four years of your life?
Because for me, its just sorta meh. I've met alot of new people, got new friends, the classes are good, but I still don't actually "like" highshool.

High School being the best four years of your life is kind of an idiotic stereotype. People who say that are usually the kind who end up not doing a whole lot with the rest of their life; ie: the guy who spends his entire life reminiscing about how awesome being the Quarterback on his High School football team was, or the person who parties himself out of college because he developed bad habits in high school and ends up with a shit job later on.
You should try and enjoy what you can, though. Don't let it be the best years of your life, but don't just shrug it off, because you're gonna miss not having to worry about the hectic shit that comes later in life.

God, I sound like an adult. What the hell do I know? I'm still in high-school. This is just shit I've noticed.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Member since: May. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 9/26/10 09:36 AM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/26/10 09:28 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys something.
Did you guys enjoy highshool?
God, I sound like an adult. What the hell do I know? I'm still in high-school. This is just shit I've noticed.

I graduated on Thursday. I can't say that I enjoyed every moment of it, but I'll probably miss it purely because I've become accustomed to it and the people there for the last 6 years. I'd think more problems arise as you get older, and the reason people reminisce about highschool is because those were the days when you didn't even give a shit and you just hung out with your mates all day long.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 11:47 AM Reply

Highschool was enjoyable in some aspects, not in others.
I enjoyed the fact of how laid back it was and how little work I had to do, but I didn't like how mine was filled with a bunch of douchebags.

ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 11:59 AM Reply

I hated high school, with every fiber of my body. And pretty much everyone in it I loathed as well, so much so that it was to the point where when ever one of them died I was publicly laughing and enjoying that fact (seriously).

A lot of people said that once I left I would miss it and get all nostalgic for it, and I would probably be the guy who comes back to visit every so often. They were wrong, I don't miss a single thing about it, or a single person from it. In fact every time I see someone from high school it sorta ruins my day (save for the few friends that I still keep up with naturally). I didn't go to my 5 year reunion, and I don't plan on going to my upcoming 10 year one either.

And no i wasn't bullied or a loser or anything. I was well liked overall, had a girlfriend, passed my classes easily (my grades were shit because I did literally 0 homework but i never got less than a B on a test or in class anything), I just despised the place and the people and everything that went along with those two things.

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 02:05 PM Reply

Highschool

I had a pretty hard time in highschool, I wasn't engaged with any of the work, I was bored in literally every class, even art classes, I didn't feel like I was being taught to or challenged in any way. I scored really well on tests but did almost none of my assignments because it just felt like pointless busy work which was something I couldn't stand.

I was a bit of a rabble rouser as well and would try to challenge the system in any way that I could. I was an outspoken critic of the way they ran my school and the way education, in general, was done in the US and would write anonymous essays about it and post them in classrooms. It was before any of the school shooting hysteria so we had more leeway about what we could do, say, wear and carry around, however, some of my behavior was still alarming to the faculty and I was eventually banned from the school library. I had the attitude (which, to a certain extent I still carry around) of "it's up to me to expose the weaknesses of the system."

I had good friends, some of whom I still keep up with, but I had some health problems that prevented me from being at school a lot of the time so I eventually just dropped out and got my GED.

I'm a much happier person now that I'm done with the 'sitting in a classroom' era of my life. =]


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 05:55 PM Reply

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

goddamn why, anger towards nae, rising

it was so young
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 05:55 PM, Ashman wrote: FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

goddamn why, anger towards nae, rising

it was so young

I know, rite? I was looking forward to Friday for that... =[

I mean... I have other stuff going on, but still... I wanted to do that...

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 05:55 PM, Ashman wrote: FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

myeah, I must say im kinda surprised too; especially considering that there were already 6 (almost)finished pieces with 5 more days to go... sure therell be bitchers but who cares right?


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:02 PM Reply

nae has been extra moody i guess.....
she honestly shut down a good thread over nothing....i was actually looking forward to scanning pics for that.
fucking hell


Celestica

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:04 PM Reply

Yeah too bad it's locked, I would have loved to do it, despite the trouble.


BBS Signature
TehSlapHappy
TehSlapHappy
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:04 PM Reply

Goddamnit you guys...


Sig by BlooHippoe.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:02 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: she honestly shut down a good thread over nothing....

She shut it down because it broke the rules.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 05:55 PM, Ashman wrote: goddamn why, anger towards nae, rising

She locked it because of everyone being fucking difficult for no reason. I'M GONNA POST ON A DIFFERENT DAY I'M WANT MY OWN THUMBNAIL TO BE UNIQUE. This goes against the whole project.

However, that wasn't the majority of you, I don't think it needed to be locked.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:04 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Goddamnit you guys...

I honestly don't see what ANYONE did wrong there. Kakashi was complaining, but not really "bitching" about it. She was the only one; god forbid, an activity have the potential to leave someone out. It would have made way more sense just to say "Sorry, Kashi, you're just gonna have to sit this one out."


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:07 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/26/10 06:04 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Goddamnit you guys...
I honestly don't see what ANYONE did wrong there. Kakashi was complaining, but not really "bitching" about it. She was the only one; god forbid, an activity have the potential to leave someone out. It would have made way more sense just to say "Sorry, Kashi, you're just gonna have to sit this one out."

Oh, and Boss. I guess that makes two. But still, he seemed like he was joking with the unique comment.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:07 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: However, that wasn't the majority of you, I don't think it needed to be locked.

I agree.


Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:07 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/26/10 06:04 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Goddamnit you guys...
I honestly don't see what ANYONE did wrong there. Kakashi was complaining, but not really "bitching" about it. She was the only one; god forbid, an activity have the potential to leave someone out. It would have made way more sense just to say "Sorry, Kashi, you're just gonna have to sit this one out."

really, i was just joking. i dont see why anyone, or everyone for that fact, is getting so worked up about it.
and if i really was to do it, i wouldnt have made a new thumbnail. lol you guys think i would work that hard xD

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:16 PM Reply

Let's all make pictures of black cats, using the green icon and submit it into the Art portal on the Friday.
Like what it says at the start of the thread.

That'll show Nae.
THAT'LL SHOW HER.


BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:18 PM Reply

Damn. She locked alot of good threads. That kinda pisses me off. I had an idea and everything.
Why was it locked? Boss was being a tool (par normal) and kashi was just trying to make something work.
the post before it got locked was awesome though.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

sounds like a good idea to me....no one can ban us for submitting pictures that are alike.....


Celestica

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 9/26/10 06:18 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Why was it locked? Boss was being a tool (par normal) and kashi was just trying to make something work.

Cos people were missing the point, and it only needs one person to make it all go tits up.

But if we wish hard enough, tidy our bedrooms up and go to bed early, maybe Nae will be kind if enough to reopen the thread.


BBS Signature