bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 08:15:19 Reply

Yeah, if I ever write a really long review I always put it in a text file just in case the server doesn't respond or the internet glitches or something.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 09:21:50 Reply

At 9/23/10 08:15 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, if I ever write a really long review I always put it in a text file just in case the server doesn't respond or the internet glitches or something.

My problem was that I wrote it in word to begin with. So yeah, "boom" went the dynamite, but backing up long posts is a damn good idea. I'll have to keep doing that, internet has glitched up on em enough times, just... ouch.

There'll be more reviews
LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 12:09:38 Reply

I have a suggestion of how the Art Portal would be improved. I think that Art Portal would be enriched if you were allowed to post photographs to the portal. DeviantART allows you to post photos to the site despite it being an Art site as you might guess and photographs would take the Art Portal of NG even with the DA. Besides, photographs would be really cool to watch. What do you say? I know that it might sound crazy but once realized, it just might work.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 13:53:06 Reply

At 9/23/10 12:09 PM, Alisbet wrote: I have a suggestion of how the Art Portal would be improved. I think that Art Portal would be enriched if you were allowed to post photographs to the portal.

photos are allowed, they just have to be of something you made

DeviantART allows you to post photos to the site despite it being an Art site as you might guess and photographs would take the Art Portal of NG even with the DA.

sorry but have you seen DA's photo section, sure theres some good stuff, but most of it is, look what i found and took a picture of, arent i artistic, or heres a photo of me, aint i pretty (not complaining on that one) besides, who wants to be even with DA ours is better in quality control anyway

Besides, photographs would be really cool to watch. What do you say? I know that it might sound crazy but once realized, it just might work.

many people have said this before, your not the first

some photography is allowed but its gotta have real effort on your part allowed

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 15:51:47 Reply

The reason there's no photography is newgrounds has always been an art creation site, you don't create much in the lines of photography, it's mostly composition and a lot of luck to get a good shot.

And its hard to control quality, any idiot with a camera can take a picture of a bug and say he's a photographer, with what we have in the portal now, we can tell right off the bat if what we are looking at is good or bad, that's not as easy with photography.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 20:38:58 Reply

So, I just figured out that supposedly Busy P is the #1 DJ in France, that means he beat out Daft Punk, something about that just...isn't right.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 21:17:31 Reply

At 9/23/10 08:38 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: So, I just figured out that supposedly Busy P is the #1 DJ in France, that means he beat out Daft Punk, something about that just...isn't right.

Well, apparently he managed the Daft from 96 to 08.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 21:26:13 Reply

At 9/23/10 09:17 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/23/10 08:38 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: So, I just figured out that supposedly Busy P is the #1 DJ in France, that means he beat out Daft Punk, something about that just...isn't right.

True true, and his music is pretty good.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 21:28:31 Reply

At 9/23/10 09:26 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: True true, and his music is pretty good.

Actually, he's the manager and owner of Ed Banger Records.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 21:50:13 Reply

At 9/23/10 09:17 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

That's a pretty long history of Daft Honestly I thought they've started to become old with there music when after tecnologic came about

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-23 22:09:23 Reply

Could anyone direct me to the page where you guys suggested some artists for the interview, I can't seem to find it. Also, is there anything cool going on right now? Like on the art scene? Forum? I likes the new thread made by D-Noack the freakomonster thread, although it'd be really cool if we could actually draw something too, some freakomonster would be really great.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-24 16:22:17 Reply

At 9/24/10 04:07 PM, Twilight wrote:

Now there's this girl in my class that I want to size up because she's a cunt and I hate her and I hate her art and I hate her face and she sucks, she is a weeaboo and she claims to be an artist but the only thing I've seen her draw was an un-proportioned fail anime "girl", you know with the huge eyes and pointy nose and she had tentacles for arms. I want to blow this bitch out the water, and then put her back in and drown her. Drown.

Oh. My. God. Marry me. Seriously, there's a girl JUST like that in my class, only she draws fuckin dragons and animals all day, while she constantly criticizes my drawings and what not.
Anyway, if you don't have supplies then get either acrylic or watercolor. Assuming you have never painted before, oils will be too complicated. As for tips and such, look up a color wheel, so you know what to mix. Also, NEVER use black. If you want someting to be darker, use a blue or something.
Since your doing a volcano sunset (B.A, btw) you might want to chose an interesting pallet.
Hope i helped.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 11:22:06 Reply

CloudEater now has submissions in every portal of NG!

• Painting Sails - Demo
    Painting Sails - Demo by CloudEater

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Indie
    Popularity
  • In the Backseat (Vocal Cover)
    In the Backseat (Vocal Cover) by CloudEater

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Indie
    Popularity

: they're v. bad

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 11:49:46 Reply

At 9/25/10 11:22 AM, CloudEater wrote:
they're v. bad

B|

Doesn't work that way.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 12:41:06 Reply

On a completely different note.....
I woke up this morning with 3 more cents of ad revenue. This brings my total earnings to $0.71
Go me!

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 12:52:47 Reply

Woooho, go Johny!!!

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 13:53:55 Reply

At 9/24/10 04:46 PM, Twilight wrote: painting wants

poor bastard, having to use acrylics. First I just want to say that if you aren't a good artist to begin with, some people telling you how to do stuff on the internet wont ever make you become a better one right away, especially not with something as complex and versatile as painting. Real life medias don't have filters to make the piece look less shitty, there is no undo key.

My biggest hints would be get your hands on some acrylic medium, mat medium will work fine. bring it to class and tell the teacher she can go fuck herself if she says you cant use it. This will make your paints dry a bit slower when you mix it into them on your pallet. They will also go on smoother and will allow you to do a bit of blending on the canvas itself. Next make sure you dont use random ass colors, using all colors of the rainbow is nice and all, but in a painting if you have a red somewhere MAKE SURE THAT RED SHOWS UP SOMEWHERE ELSE FARTHER AWAY. Especially in the case of a volcano, where so much light is being cast on EVERYTHING. You should have high contrast for the super bright spots and have those brights reflect appropriately on the things around them.

All i can say is good luck, but i doubt a first time acrylic painting will do anything to wow or deter someone who is a giant weeaboo tool.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 21:09:15 Reply

Man, I just looked at my art thread, I think it is high time I uploaded another picture, and I've been drawing a lot.

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 22:35:15 Reply

At 9/24/10 04:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Oh. My. God. Marry me. Seriously, there's a girl JUST like that in my class, only she draws fuckin dragons and animals all day, while she constantly criticizes my drawings and what not.

No, you marry ME Demo. Theres a girl in my class who draws dragons all day too! She laughs at my drawings (sometimes understandably, but still!). She totally has something with her head. She really, truly believes dragons are real. (She also hisses at you when you say hi. No lie.)

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 22:40:23 Reply

At 9/25/10 10:35 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/24/10 04:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Oh. My. God. Marry me.
No, you marry ME Demo.

You guys are too young to be talking about marriage.

Especially you kashi =P
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-25 23:11:51 Reply

At 9/25/10 10:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/25/10 10:35 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/24/10 04:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Oh. My. God. Marry me.
No, you marry ME Demo.
You guys are too young to be talking about marriage.
Especially you kashi =P

Thanks, DAD, but we are both 14! Why don't you stop treating me like a child?!? I'm 14 now! I think I can handle myself. GAWSH! Why are you being so thick-headed about this? I hate you!!!
*Storms up to room; stomps back down*
By the way, Dad, I'm pregnant! You can't stop me from marrying the man I love!
*Runs back upstairs*

Big-Jonny-Sr
Big-Jonny-Sr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 05:03:24 Reply

At 9/25/10 11:11 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/25/10 10:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You guys are too young to be talking about marriage.
Especially you kashi =P
Thanks, DAD, but we are both 14! Why don't you stop treating me like a child?!? I'm 14 now! I think I can handle myself. GAWSH!
By the way, Dad, I'm pregnant! You can't stop me from marrying the man I love!

Oh Boy! I'm gonna be a great-grandfather!
Oh-oh-oh, whoa-ooh-ooh-ooh, oh-whoa-oh!

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 06:33:18 Reply

Hey guys i have a question, whats better to use, Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro?

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 06:40:33 Reply

At 9/26/10 06:33 AM, Peglay wrote: Hey guys i have a question, whats better to use, Photoshop or Sketchbook Pro?

whatever we say would be based on opinion, you gotta decide whats better to use for you, everyone has different tastes and preferences so you might be different, like i use photoshop for coloring and sai for lineart

those 2 programs look pretty similiar though, but iv never used sketchbook pro, so i couldnt compare em

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 09:28:18 Reply

Sketchbook pro and photoshop are very different. Sketchbook pro is too free form for me, not enough tools or options to do what I want.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys something.
Did you guys enjoy highshool? I mean, really enjoy it, not just get by, but have it the best four years of your life?
Because for me, its just sorta meh. I've met alot of new people, got new friends, the classes are good, but I still don't actually "like" highshool.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 09:36:04 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:28 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Sketchbook pro and photoshop are very different. Sketchbook pro is too free form for me, not enough tools or options to do what I want.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys something.
Did you guys enjoy highshool? I mean, really enjoy it, not just get by, but have it the best four years of your life?
Because for me, its just sorta meh. I've met alot of new people, got new friends, the classes are good, but I still don't actually "like" highshool.

High School being the best four years of your life is kind of an idiotic stereotype. People who say that are usually the kind who end up not doing a whole lot with the rest of their life; ie: the guy who spends his entire life reminiscing about how awesome being the Quarterback on his High School football team was, or the person who parties himself out of college because he developed bad habits in high school and ends up with a shit job later on.
You should try and enjoy what you can, though. Don't let it be the best years of your life, but don't just shrug it off, because you're gonna miss not having to worry about the hectic shit that comes later in life.

God, I sound like an adult. What the hell do I know? I'm still in high-school. This is just shit I've noticed.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 09:53:05 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:36 AM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/26/10 09:28 AM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys something.
Did you guys enjoy highshool?
God, I sound like an adult. What the hell do I know? I'm still in high-school. This is just shit I've noticed.

I graduated on Thursday. I can't say that I enjoyed every moment of it, but I'll probably miss it purely because I've become accustomed to it and the people there for the last 6 years. I'd think more problems arise as you get older, and the reason people reminisce about highschool is because those were the days when you didn't even give a shit and you just hung out with your mates all day long.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 11:47:40 Reply

Highschool was enjoyable in some aspects, not in others.
I enjoyed the fact of how laid back it was and how little work I had to do, but I didn't like how mine was filled with a bunch of douchebags.

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 11:59:44 Reply

I hated high school, with every fiber of my body. And pretty much everyone in it I loathed as well, so much so that it was to the point where when ever one of them died I was publicly laughing and enjoying that fact (seriously).

A lot of people said that once I left I would miss it and get all nostalgic for it, and I would probably be the guy who comes back to visit every so often. They were wrong, I don't miss a single thing about it, or a single person from it. In fact every time I see someone from high school it sorta ruins my day (save for the few friends that I still keep up with naturally). I didn't go to my 5 year reunion, and I don't plan on going to my upcoming 10 year one either.

And no i wasn't bullied or a loser or anything. I was well liked overall, had a girlfriend, passed my classes easily (my grades were shit because I did literally 0 homework but i never got less than a B on a test or in class anything), I just despised the place and the people and everything that went along with those two things.

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-26 14:05:34 Reply

Highschool

I had a pretty hard time in highschool, I wasn't engaged with any of the work, I was bored in literally every class, even art classes, I didn't feel like I was being taught to or challenged in any way. I scored really well on tests but did almost none of my assignments because it just felt like pointless busy work which was something I couldn't stand.

I was a bit of a rabble rouser as well and would try to challenge the system in any way that I could. I was an outspoken critic of the way they ran my school and the way education, in general, was done in the US and would write anonymous essays about it and post them in classrooms. It was before any of the school shooting hysteria so we had more leeway about what we could do, say, wear and carry around, however, some of my behavior was still alarming to the faculty and I was eventually banned from the school library. I had the attitude (which, to a certain extent I still carry around) of "it's up to me to expose the weaknesses of the system."

I had good friends, some of whom I still keep up with, but I had some health problems that prevented me from being at school a lot of the time so I eventually just dropped out and got my GED.

I'm a much happier person now that I'm done with the 'sitting in a classroom' era of my life. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature