New Topic Respond to this Topic
Big-Jonny-Sr
Big-Jonny-Sr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 05:07 AM Reply

At 9/15/10 12:08 AM, Sockembop wrote: Today I found out something knew about someone I though I knew pretty well. Jonny, why didn't you tell us you were a real estate broker? You went through great lengths to hide your secret profession from us. Even changing your last name so nobody would catch on. Very sneaky Jonny, very sneaky indeed.

Ah yes, the good old "real estate broker"-disguise... An important part of any ninja`s curriculum as master of disguise. Especially usefull when observing neighbourhoods or livelyhoods of potential targets.

Ninjar
Ninjar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 9/15/10 05:07 AM, Big-Jonny-Sr wrote: Ah yes, the good old "real estate broker"-disguise... An important part of any ninja`s curriculum as master of disguise. Especially usefull when observing neighbourhoods or livelyhoods of potential targets.

I whole-heartedly agree. Also, being a broker is a great way to maintain a steady income when assassination missions are near non-existent. That'll only happen though if you're just an incompetent ninja. Kind of like this guy...

My Art :: Want a custom signature? :: PSN: Artagious

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 08:12 AM, Ninjar wrote: I whole-heartedly agree. Also, being a broker is a great way to maintain a steady income when assassination missions are near non-existent. That'll only happen though if you're just an incompetent ninja. Kind of like this guy...

You see, now that explains why every single ninja I've ever had the pleasure to engage in a battle with always seems to be determined to sell me a house. It's all like "draw" "fight" "buy a house"? What's up with that, I'm not going to be buying a house while I'm busy killing people.

Big-Jonny-Sr
Big-Jonny-Sr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 05:34 PM, Lintire wrote: What's up with that, I'm not going to be buying a house while I'm busy killing people.

Yeah, like you`d be busy killing poeple while fighting a ninja... you`d be lucky to be alive while fighting a ninja!

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 11:49 PM Reply

I've been having trouble finding time for art lately due to homework, browsing the interwebs, hanging out with friends, and other stuff. How do you guys make time to make art? I keep wanting to participate in collabs and I keep putting it off until it's too late.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 11:51 PM Reply

burn THIS into your mind..

ME!! :P

Art Forum Lounge

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 11:51 PM, Chronamut wrote: burn THIS into your mind..

EEK!
Thanks I guess?
It didn't really do anything for me..
Any more lucrative advice?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 11:54 PM Reply

@Spaghetti - Most of them don't have social lives.

I know Sock doesn't =P

@Chron - Sorry man, you're just not awesome enough to be burned into someone's mind.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 11:53 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote:

EEK!
Thanks I guess?
It didn't really do anything for me..
Any more lucrative advice?

naw I'm good :P

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 11:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: @Spaghetti - Most of them don't have social lives.
I know Sock doesn't =P

MY SOCIAL LIFE IS INTERFERING WITH MY CREATIVITY.
It's weird cause half the time I don't have lots of fun anyways. I might as well be preparing myself for the FUTURE by practicing my art.
something to think about.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 12:47 AM Reply

You must have gotten pretty popular around the general forums, You've been posting that picture everywhere.

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 9/15/10 11:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: @Spaghetti - Most of them don't have social lives.
I know Sock doesn't =P

I went out with REAL PEOPLE the past two nights in a row. Sure, that's more socializing than the past 24 months of my life, but still... Two nights in a row. Two nights. So there. Yeah.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 08:14 AM Reply

At 9/15/10 08:28 PM, Big-Jonny-Sr wrote:
At 9/15/10 05:34 PM, Lintire wrote: What's up with that, I'm not going to be buying a house while I'm busy killing people.
Yeah, like you`d be busy killing poeple while fighting a ninja... you`d be lucky to be alive while fighting a ninja!

Yeah, you tell yourself that, old man. I've kicked the hell out of plenty of ninjas - they're a dime-a-dozen back-stabbing closet lingerie wearers who can't resist but boast the hell out of being better then pirates.

Being a quick attack shock trooper is where the shits at.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 9/16/10 08:14 AM, Lintire wrote: Yeah, you tell yourself that, old man. I've kicked the hell out of plenty of ninjas - they're a dime-a-dozen back-stabbing closet lingerie wearers who can't resist but boast the hell out of being better then pirates.

You think you're been fighting ninjas, but in reality, it's all been a lie.
See, people forget what the true meaning of ninja is, and they think that anyone who wears black and has a sword is a ninja. Everyone has forgotten where the true power of a ninja comes from, and thus it's name has been tarnished.
Believe me, if you fought an actual ninja, he would defeat you in mere moments.

If you fought a real estate ninja, he'd first convince you to sign for the purchase so he'd have your money, and then kill you with the pen you used to sign with.
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 9/16/10 08:33 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You think you're been fighting ninjas, but in reality, it's all been a lie.
See, people forget what the true meaning of ninja is, and they think that anyone who wears black and has a sword is a ninja. Everyone has forgotten where the true power of a ninja comes from, and thus it's name has been tarnished.
Believe me, if you fought an actual ninja, he would defeat you in mere moments.
If you fought a real estate ninja, he'd first convince you to sign for the purchase so he'd have your money, and then kill you with the pen you used to sign with.

I'm telling you that I've fought the real ninjas, the source of all ninja power, alongside your dime-a-dozens and while they aren't exactly easy fights I wasn't defeated in mere seconds - ninjas are not nearly as powerful as their inflated egos make them think they are, and once you're able to work your way through the layers of trickery and deceit they make for fairly easy targets - well, with a good marksman anyway.
Either way, I've yet to be sold a house by a real-estate ninja anyway. They keep trying to sell me these beachfronts condos with miniature bowling alleys - admittingly, at least 7 kinds of awesome, but not what I'm looking for in a residence.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 9/16/10 12:47 AM, argile wrote:

You must have gotten pretty popular around the general forums, You've been posting that picture everywhere.

lol it's one of the few pics where I don't look retarded :P

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 08:48 AM, Lintire wrote: I'm telling you that I've fought the real ninjas, the source of all ninja power, alongside your dime-a-dozens and while they aren't exactly easy fights I wasn't defeated in mere seconds - ninjas are not nearly as powerful as their inflated egos make them think they are, and once you're able to work your way through the layers of trickery and deceit they make for fairly easy targets - well, with a good marksman anyway.

Lies, because if they were actual ninja's, you'd be dead.
Unless it was me, because I couldn't kill a fellow art forum fellow.

Either way, I've yet to be sold a house by a real-estate ninja anyway. They keep trying to sell me these beachfronts condos with miniature bowling alleys - admittingly, at least 7 kinds of awesome, but not what I'm looking for in a residence.

I prefer to sell apartment complexes, and miniature versions of famous landmarks (they're all the rage now).

Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 06:52 PM Reply

HAPPY MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

:today marks the 200th year in Mexico's independence.

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 06:52 PM, Glacier wrote: HAPPY MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

today marks the 200th year in Mexico's independence.

Yup, it's the Mexican bicentennial. Viva Mexico!
I hope that all of NG's Mexican users are having a nice time.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 07:48 PM Reply

Gamers, this is specifically aimed towards you.
this is a long ass story about some being driven to crippling madness, because of a majora's mask rom.
The theme is kinda dumb, but it is really entertaining and well thought out.
Don't be turned away by the tiny scrollbar, it's only actually about 2/5 of the page, just wait till you have about an hour to kill, and read this.

should you feel so inclined to follow the youtube links, do not download anything from the links.
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 07:48 PM, M-Vero wrote: Gamers, this is specifically aimed towards you.
this is a long ass story about some being driven to crippling madness, because of a majora's mask rom.
Don't be turned away by the tiny scrollbar, it's only actually about 2/5 of the page, just wait till you have about an hour to kill, and read this.
should you feel so inclined to follow the youtube links, do not download anything from the links.

I read that; saw it on a blog post on 1up. I thought it was very well done, if a little silly. I love good horror writing, and that it could be done like that about a video game was pretty impressive.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 08:16 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 04:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Lies, because if they were actual ninja's, you'd be dead.
Unless it was me, because I couldn't kill a fellow art forum fellow.

On the battlefield, I've combated and defeated quite a few ninjas in the heat of war. I've no doubt that, if in an otherwise an enclosed space or a different playing field then yeah, the probable outcome would be the swift removal of my head from my shoulders. But in the blood-soaked fields of internet war? I can take them.

I prefer to sell apartment complexes, and miniature versions of famous landmarks (they're all the rage now).

Really? Wow, I might just look into those. although the places where you would be allowed to live in a miniature landmark must be fairly limited - they wouldn't really be approved by council for the most bit, would they?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 08:17 PM Reply

That was like a bad acid trip.
Now here is something also about video games to lighten the mood.
It's a japanese fellow, possibly drunk, narrating while he plays Mario Bros (for gameboy). It's fucking hilarious.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 07:48 PM, M-Vero wrote: Gamers, this is specifically aimed towards you.

Yeah, i've seen that before... Pretty well done, until you actually think about a guy freaking out over a video game so much.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 08:17 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Now here is something also about video games to lighten the mood.
It's a japanese fellow, possibly drunk, narrating while he plays Mario Bros (for gameboy). It's fucking hilarious.

That is lol, he's not japanese though.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 17th, 2010 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Foldy, foldy.

• Ninjastar
    Ninjastar by Havegum

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Gumby's musical take on my "How to make a ninja star" youtube tutorial.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 17th, 2010 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 9/17/10 04:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Foldy, foldy.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 63130

Hahah, its actually a little catchy.
Okay, I'm not a big halo fan but Reach...
Holy shit, its fuckin awesome.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 17th, 2010 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 9/17/10 04:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Foldy, foldy.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 63130

That's actually a pretty good song. It's the sort of song you'd go on a murderous rampage on, all livery and "elevator music"-esque. I actually like the song, although the echo in the mike sort of ruins the effect, for the most part.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 17th, 2010 @ 09:16 PM Reply

I figured that pasting this here is much better then making a thread about it (fits in pretty well here anyway) but to ask a question of the art forum, I've been facing a bit of a dilemma.

I use both NG and deviantArt, and am fairly active on both, but as of now I'm actually more active on the deviantArt community then the NG art community. The main reason for this is that dA actually contains more stats based around the holy principle of arting then NG, and I am an uncontrollable stat whore.

So as a side effect, all my review efforts (which, admittingly, usually just contain two or so paragraphs of reflection and observation), commenting and downright posting are all heading over in dA's direction. And why? Because of those damned pageviews - and it's horrible, because 3 pieces submitted here get more hits then my entire dA portfolio. Which isn't much, I have to say.

So yeah, I'm seemingly defecting to dA and it isn't a nice feeling, so I have to say - in the name of art, how do you piss off from another site to stick to one you've stayed on before, in the name of less stats but more fun? I mean, but sites have their merits but for the most part it's simply the more visible stats that keep me there - which is why I've pretty much placed a 50-yard restraining order on myself and most serious RPGs.

I'm sure most of us have faced commitment issues at one time or another, and this is pretty petty as far as commitment goes, but I don't want want to defect to devaintArt because of a fancy pageview graph thingy >.>

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Sep. 17th, 2010 @ 10:52 PM Reply

How about stick with NG because you'll actually get feedback on your work and it's not a bunch of circle-jerkers.