Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 515,827 Views
  • 17,366 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 06:21 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 8/29/10 05:15 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Thanks, Kashi. I'll look into those markers.
Anybody else have any suggestions before I throw my money into this? Granted, that's a lot less than I expected them to cost, but still, more options are better than few.
Unless you're planning to buy a set of water colours/canvas paints or whatever and experiment with those, I have to say that just replenishing your set of pens would have to be your best bet.

Mind you, personally I'd blow the lot on candy/video games/AIDS/crystal meth/slave children and whatnot.

Video games are tempting, really. There are a lot of DS games I want to get because I haven't been paying enough attention to the system in the past... well, since the thing first came out, and a lot of seemingly great games have gone right under my nose, and I also thought about saving it for future releases (I really want to be one of the first to experience LittleBIGPlanet 2; that's my most anticipated title by far.) but nothing really great comes out for several months and I would feel weird holding onto it that long. I figure I'd best spend some of it (though it doesn't seem like I have to spend a whole lot) on something practical.
I'll still end up blowing the other $90 or so on videogames and slave children, sad though that may be.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 05:15 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Thanks, Kashi. I'll look into those markers.
Anybody else have any suggestions before I throw my money into this? Granted, that's a lot less than I expected them to cost, but still, more options are better than few.

If it is inking pens that you are looking for get yourself a Staedler marsmatic 700 with a .50 tip.
It is what I use for inking and I must say, it is a great inking pen. It has a certain mechanism which prevents the ink you put in it from drying out. When it comes to ink to buy for it I would reccomend just regular Higgin's black ink or Higgin's rapdiograph ink.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 07:24 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
At 8/29/10 05:15 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Thanks, Kashi. I'll look into those markers.
Anybody else have any suggestions before I throw my money into this? Granted, that's a lot less than I expected them to cost, but still, more options are better than few.
If it is inking pens that you are looking for get yourself a Staedler marsmatic 700 with a .50 tip.
It is what I use for inking and I must say, it is a great inking pen. It has a certain mechanism which prevents the ink you put in it from drying out. When it comes to ink to buy for it I would reccomend just regular Higgin's black ink or Higgin's rapdiograph ink.

From what I can find on the internet, a set of 4 costs $70, and a set of 7 costs $130 dollars. While I'm willing to spend a good chunk on pens, it seems a bit steep.
I don't get free-to-spend money often, and I have some reservations about spending all of the money I've got at the moment on pens.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 07:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote: From what I can find on the internet, a set of 4 costs $70, and a set of 7 costs $130 dollars.

HOLY FUCK. talk about expensive. and i was commenting on how 5 prismacolors cost me 20 bucks >.>
as good as they may be, i wouldnt want to invest that much money into art pens... especially on 4 or 7

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 08:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 8/29/10 07:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote: From what I can find on the internet, a set of 4 costs $70, and a set of 7 costs $130 dollars.
HOLY FUCK. talk about expensive. and i was commenting on how 5 prismacolors cost me 20 bucks >.>
as good as they may be, i wouldnt want to invest that much money into art pens... especially on 4 or 7

Yeah, it looks like I'll be going with the Prismacolors.
In other news, Kashi has almost caught up to me in post count, yet I've been here longer. Huh. I must not post often enough.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 08:04 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 8/29/10 08:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 8/29/10 07:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote: From what I can find on the internet, a set of 4 costs $70, and a set of 7 costs $130 dollars.
HOLY FUCK. talk about expensive. and i was commenting on how 5 prismacolors cost me 20 bucks >.>
as good as they may be, i wouldnt want to invest that much money into art pens... especially on 4 or 7
Yeah, it looks like I'll be going with the Prismacolors.
In other news, Kashi has almost caught up to me in post count, yet I've been here longer. Huh. I must not post often enough.

FFF No I haven't. I didn't realize her old thread was from last year. She just became more regular more recently.
Disregard that.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 08:06 PM, Luxembourg wrote: In other news, Kashi has almost caught up to me in post count, yet I've been here longer. Huh. I must not post often enough.

no, i think i post too much. i need to stop lurking. school willl help that though

FFF No I haven't. I didn't realize her old thread was from last year. She just became more regular more recently.

yeah, i made my account in 07, but didnt make the thread till.... june 09. i left for like 8 months for getting flamed, and came back around march this year. so, from march to now is where i probably got... 700+ of my posts :P

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 08:50 PM Reply

Ok, I've got a problem. So I have a wireless router so i can play games online on my PS3 but the problem is is that I go to test the connection and the signal strength for some reason is at 17%. This problem just occurred tonight and I don't know what to to strengthen my signal, any ideas?
Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with bad weather, but if so then that would explain a lot.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 08:54 PM Reply


From what I can find on the internet, a set of 4 costs $70, and a set of 7 costs $130 dollars. While I'm willing to spend a good chunk on pens, it seems a bit steep.
I don't get free-to-spend money often, and I have some reservations about spending all of the money I've got at the moment on pens.

Yeah, they are pretty pricey, thus the fact why I only have one, but it is a good investment because you can refill them with run of the mill ink and they have this special thing inside of it that makes the ink dry out.
Though Prisma color is pretty good, I've never used their markers before, I'll probably check them out.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 06:30 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Video games are tempting, really. There are a lot of DS games I want to get because I haven't been paying enough attention to the system in the past... well, since the thing first came out, and a lot of seemingly great games have gone right under my nose, and I also thought about saving it for future releases (I really want to be one of the first to experience LittleBIGPlanet 2; that's my most anticipated title by far.) but nothing really great comes out for several months and I would feel weird holding onto it that long. I figure I'd best spend some of it (though it doesn't seem like I have to spend a whole lot) on something practical.
I'll still end up blowing the other $90 or so on videogames and slave children, sad though that may be.

Well, videogames are an honourable pursuit, one that embodies freedom, happiness, and good will. Blowing $90 on them is really kinda of small fry - I'd expect to pay a hundred for a new game, but searching through bargain bins I can get myself 15 - 20 dollar games, as I'm sure you can too.

So yeah, why not spend a bit of the money on replenishing any art stash you may have and spend the rest on some leisure items?

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:09 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:02 PM, Lintire wrote:

Well, videogames are an honourable pursuit, one that embodies freedom, happiness, and good will. Blowing $90 on them is really kinda of small fry - I'd expect to pay a hundred for a new game, but searching through bargain bins I can get myself 15 - 20 dollar games, as I'm sure you can too.

So yeah, why not spend a bit of the money on replenishing any art stash you may have and spend the rest on some leisure items?

What games cost $100? New games start at $60, and I really don't expect to get any new ones. Lots of old ones I skipped over.
Like I said, there are some DS games I want, and DS games aren't expensive, especially when used.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: What games cost $100? New games start at $60, and I really don't expect to get any new ones. Lots of old ones I skipped over.

^ most games where i live are about $60 (for the new console games) and most DS games are anywhere from $30-50. however, slowely but surely the proces are creeping up to $65, then $70. sucks. and this is why art is a wonderful endeavor! cheaper and still really fun!

overdramatic much? lol soz
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:18 PM Reply

Where I am games have been $60 for consoles and $30-35 for DS, for the past 5 or so years. They haven't changed since aren't going up it seems

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:14 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 8/29/10 09:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: What games cost $100? New games start at $60, and I really don't expect to get any new ones. Lots of old ones I skipped over.
^ most games where i live are about $60 (for the new console games) and most DS games are anywhere from $30-50. however, slowely but surely the proces are creeping up to $65, then $70. sucks. and this is why art is a wonderful endeavor! cheaper and still really fun!
overdramatic much? lol soz

Yikes.
I haven't seen ANYTHING of that sort anywhere I've gone. The price for new games has remained the same since the PS3 came out, from what I've seen.
Anyways, the games I was looking at all go for less than $20 used in Gamestop, with the exception of one. DS games are cheap, like I said.
Though I was also thinking of saving it for the Collector's Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2. I just discovered that today, and damn does it come with some cool shit.
This discussion kind of got off-topic from where it began. I always feel weird talking about video games in the art forum.

But I don't wanna go to the video game forum because last time I went, I threw an angry fit at some shooter-heads who were insulting pixel-art in games.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:20 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Though I was also thinking of saving it for the Collector's Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2. I just discovered that today, and damn does it come with some cool shit.
This discussion kind of got off-topic from where it began. I always feel weird talking about video games in the art forum.

oh my god. that plushie so so freaking cute!
also, the prices were for new games, just in case that wasnt clear :P
the discount bin always has always been good to me. love peeking around in there and finding a treasure :3

austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:20 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
But I don't wanna go to the video game forum because last time I went, I threw an angry fit at some shooter-heads who were insulting pixel-art in games.

goddamn it video game forum.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:43 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:29 PM, austinzombie wrote:
At 8/29/10 09:20 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
But I don't wanna go to the video game forum because last time I went, I threw an angry fit at some shooter-heads who were insulting pixel-art in games.
goddamn it video game forum.

inoright?
Games are serious business!!!
In other news, I don't think I'm ever as active on the forums as I was today. Weird.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:43 PM, Luxembourg wrote: In other news, I don't think I'm ever as active on the forums as I was today. Weird.

HAH! being active and keeping a good standing in forums. I LAUGH
but yeah, that's what happens when there is actual conversation instead of single-voiced babbling

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:52 PM, austinzombie wrote:
At 8/29/10 09:43 PM, Luxembourg wrote: In other news, I don't think I'm ever as active on the forums as I was today. Weird.
HAH! being active and keeping a good standing in forums. I LAUGH
but yeah, that's what happens when there is actual conversation instead of single-voiced babbling

Yeah, but I feel like I could have been more productive with this day. All I did was lurk and post here a little, look at some games, and finish some levels on Mario Galaxy 2.
Ah, well. It's a sunday. Nobody gives a shit about those anyways.

Except religious people. I guess. Sort of.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 8/28/10 04:41 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: hey, quick question,...

omfg! when did you once again start posting in the dark haunting abyss of the NG art forum!?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 09:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: What games cost $100? New games start at $60, and I really don't expect to get any new ones. Lots of old ones I skipped over.
Like I said, there are some DS games I want, and DS games aren't expensive, especially when used.

I live in Australia - it's probably due to everything from geographical location to target audience population, but $100 is pretty much the fixed price. CE is $130, most cases.

pricing isn't kind
Glacier
Glacier
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 12:23 AM Reply

I just use steam and get most of my games for 25-50 bucks. (Steam has the best deals EVER)

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 12:29 AM Reply

Last video game I bought was TF2 off of steam for $20.
Last game I bought before that was Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for $50, which was 2 years ago.

austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 12:40 PM Reply

last game I bought was m&b warband and I'm somewhat enjoying it
before that was dawn of war2 and chaos rising from steam

but I also have an erratic game collecting thing because sometimes I'll randomly download things to try and fall in love with. Anyway there's a lot of really fun/more engaging shit on the internet like dwarf fortress or minecraft, so games aren't big for me anymore

these days my comp time is spent patrolling sites, facebook or fuckin goshdarn stumbling like a fiend

I little off topic but I have some more recommendations for just general interest
trade comic: transmetro
actually all vertigo comics are fucking awesome
book: pillars of the earth - gives a great view of life in the 1200 in medival england
show: pillars of the earth - if you're not much into reading I still recommend the show version of the book, it's a miniseries that currently is being released - theres 5 episodes out now - some things are different then the book, but still gives a very good look at an often corrupted by fantasy timeframe

uuuh here Ill even be nice and throw up a link so some episodes: http://www.sidereel.com/The_Pillars_of_t he_Earth

austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 12:42 PM Reply

http://www.yidio.com/show/the-pillars-of -the-earth
sorry that link is better

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 12:59 PM Reply

Yeah, my folks have gotten into Pillars of the Earth (the show) and my sister started reading the book due to the fact.

Big-Jonny-Sr
Big-Jonny-Sr
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 8/30/10 12:59 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, my folks have gotten into Pillars of the Earth (the show) and my sister started reading the book due to the fact.

True. I like how they didnt romanticize the shit out of it, but still kept it entertaining to watch.

Glacier
Glacier
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 02:37 PM Reply

Notice anything different about me lately?

Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 02:37 PM Reply

Dont know if anyone gives a shit, but I am the proud artist of a comic.

Its kinda ok I guess.

Just plugging it wherever I can, the link is in my signature, and i'll post one here too.

Wooper Wooper


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 8/30/10 02:37 PM, Glacier wrote: Notice anything different about me lately?

Nobody pays attention to you Glacier.

Also, you don't post enough to notice anything.