Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 697,844 Views
  • 17,826 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 17:30:45 Reply

sounds like every one is having a artful semester.
lol

is looks like almost everyone is taking something art related.... Glad I'm done with college... :3

Perhaps I should audit some Oil Painting classes at Pitt State or something....

If they even offer them :P

eh well anything to add to my resume art-wise should help make my degree look better....


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 22:44:33 Reply

Just started a thread in C&C where audio artists can request for someone to make them an audio icon. If anyone would be interested in helping out with that they can keep their eye out on this thread.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Little-Eise
Little-Eise
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 00:18:14 Reply

Now for an art related subject.

School has started for the little tykes of the art forum (or will be starting). Any cool art classes anyone taking?

I have my architectural design studio three times a week. Does that count?

Also, I have a mandatory class that sounds like it'll start out as a how-to-draw class.

.

BBS Signature
Scourger9
Scourger9
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 01:58:59 Reply

I start a drawing and design class second semester. I hope it's at least good. I didn't want to be in it but my counselor said I needed 1 more class to enter and chose that for me so I said w/e.

I almost failed my art class because my teacher was a hippie. Also, she wouldn't accept my churiscuros because they were both on the same page, that page was more than large enough to fit both in... What was I typing about again? Oh well good luck.


What the FUUUDGE!! Lookit my ART!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 03:24:34 Reply

I flunked Art Class, failed outright and left.

To be honest, though, the only real reason I apparently failed was because I kept sticking swastikas and cthulu likenesses all over my work.

seemed like a funny idea at the time.
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 03:35:43 Reply

At 8/23/10 03:24 AM, Lintire wrote: I flunked Art Class, failed outright and left.

To be honest, though, the only real reason I apparently failed was because I kept sticking swastikas and cthulu likenesses all over my work.
seemed like a funny idea at the time.

lol I had a teacher who was a giant Lovecraft fan, so that might have worked well with him. :P


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Glacier
Glacier
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 03:50:05 Reply

At 8/23/10 03:24 AM, Lintire wrote: I flunked Art Class, failed outright and left.

To be honest, though, the only real reason I apparently failed was because I kept sticking swastikas and cthulu likenesses all over my work.
seemed like a funny idea at the time.

Really now? I thought a lot of art teachers liked the edgy stuff since a lot of 20th century artist used taboo themes and icons to get more publicity and therefore made all these acceptable and art has little to no tolerance for censorship by other artists

Calling her out on the ideals of artists through history and censorship probably wouldn't have been a good idea to do though...
Glacier
Glacier
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 03:51:18 Reply

Oh! By the way, I'm back from animation

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Writer
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 04:21:26 Reply

At 8/22/10 05:25 PM, J-qb wrote: Ugh im so jellyous of you guys.... I dont have a single art class (univ doesnt offer them)...

Hmmm.. I never took any art classes, at least not yet. But I think I'm doing far better on my own.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 06:05:32 Reply

At 8/23/10 03:51 AM, angryglacier wrote: Oh! By the way, I'm back from animation

What? I don't remember you leaving...

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 07:11:44 Reply

At 8/23/10 03:51 AM, angryglacier wrote: Oh! By the way, I'm back from animation

go back to animation they need you more

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 07:22:24 Reply

At 8/23/10 07:11 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/23/10 03:51 AM, angryglacier wrote: Oh! By the way, I'm back from animation
go back to animation they need you more

Don't we need every squeezable ounce of help we can get. The art forum must RULE ALL.

Glacier
Glacier
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 07:27:16 Reply

At 8/23/10 07:11 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/23/10 03:51 AM, angryglacier wrote: Oh! By the way, I'm back from animation
go back to animation they need you more

ITS DEAD ASH ITS DEAAAAAAAAAAD! The lounge lock sealed its fate.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 07:41:51 Reply

At 8/23/10 07:27 AM, angryglacier wrote:
At 8/23/10 07:11 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/23/10 03:51 AM, angryglacier wrote: Oh! By the way, I'm back from animation
go back to animation they need you more
ITS DEAD ASH ITS DEAAAAAAAAAAD! The lounge lock sealed its fate.

ah nae...... i am dissapoint, it wasnt doing any harm

complaining about lock = ban.....bye
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 07:54:25 Reply

At 8/23/10 07:27 AM, angryglacier wrote: ITS DEAD ASH ITS DEAAAAAAAAAAD! The lounge lock sealed its fate.

I peeked over there..... and it seems that you tried to turn it into what we have going on here, with stickam chats and skype sessions and what not.
The thing is, that nobody in the animation forum gives a fuck about stuff like that, nor are there enough regulars to care.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:27:44 Reply

At 8/23/10 07:54 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/23/10 07:27 AM, angryglacier wrote: ITS DEAD ASH ITS DEAAAAAAAAAAD! The lounge lock sealed its fate.
I peeked over there..... and it seems that you tried to turn it into what we have going on here, with stickam chats and skype sessions and what not. The thing is, that nobody in the animation forum gives a fuck about stuff like that, nor are there enough regulars to care.

Yea you brought in the stickam and activities thread WAY too soon. The art forum was around for about 3/4 years before it had an activities thread.

At 8/23/10 07:41 AM, Ashman wrote: ah nae...... i am dissapoint, it wasnt doing any harm

I agree, didn't even give a reason for lock. Puddles should become an animator before he tries to do stuff like that though.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:31:51 Reply

cloudy, the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds, we was just the first regs to think of chatrooms and such, since this forums got an established userbase....animation has..like 3 or 4 active regs..

PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:33:07 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds

no it hasnt


BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:33:59 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:27 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 8/23/10 07:41 AM, Ashman wrote: ah nae...... i am dissapoint, it wasnt doing any harm
I agree, didn't even give a reason for lock. Puddles should become an animator before he tries to do stuff like that though.

It wasn't doing any good either... and glacier had no business making that thread to begin with. End of topic.

argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:36:56 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:33 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds
no it hasnt

Exactly it has only been on newgrounds since it was created 3 or 4 years ago

PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:44:06 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:36 AM, argile wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:33 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds
no it hasnt
Exactly it has only been on newgrounds since it was created 3 or 4 years ago

dunno why i made that point, it's totally irrelevant :(

Keep pushing the activities in the animation forum.
You could do something interesting and fun
... say video game characters dancing
or celebrities farting on each other


BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:45:28 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:33 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds
no it hasnt

i read 3/4 years as three quarters of a year....

so...nae...who does it have to be to make a lounge, some elite animator? the lounge was active enough for a small forum

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:48:11 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:45 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:33 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds
no it hasnt
i read 3/4 years as three quarters of a year....

i read your post as "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"


BBS Signature
PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:49:08 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:48 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: i read your post as "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

oh boy i wish i said that


BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:50:53 Reply

i hate mods at time :P

in a good way
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 11:52:14 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:33 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: It wasn't doing any good either... and glacier had no business making that thread to begin with. End of topic.

I disagree but meh... lol glacier XD

At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: cloudy, the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds.....

From my analysis of THIS LINK I'd say that the art forum began around September 2006 :P

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 12:01:28 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:45 AM, Ashman wrote: so...nae...who does it have to be to make a lounge, some elite animator? the lounge was active enough for a small forum

Someone with some actual knowledge on the subject... someone with some actual submissions... someone that people know and respect... someone that's actually active in that forum for the right reasons... etc. etc.

In the art forum, a lounge makes sense because of the start pic rule and the number of 'regs'. The animation forum doesn't have the rules, the regs, or the need for a lounge (at this time). If things should change... and one becomes necessary... then yes, some elite animator (preferably a mod) should make it.

If ANYONE wants to create activity threads, by all means, go for it... but that require you to actually animate (props to gumby, vero and wivern for the bounce thread). Being an 'art reg' doesn't give you license to go to any of the other forums and start throwing your imaginary weight around. You have to earn the status of 'reg' there too :P

argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 12:24:05 Reply

At 8/23/10 11:44 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:36 AM, argile wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:33 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 8/23/10 11:31 AM, Ashman wrote: the art forums been around since the beginning of newgrounds
no it hasnt
Exactly it has only been on newgrounds since it was created 3 or 4 years ago
dunno why i made that point, it's totally irrelevant :(

Keep pushing the activities in the animation forum.
You could do something interesting and fun
or celebrities farting on each other

That would be a interesting suggestion to start off for the animation forum to say the least, I don't think a person would be able to catch any sort of diseases from Pamela Anderson's ass gases.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 12:34:07 Reply

At 8/23/10 12:01 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: props to gumby, vero and wivern for the bounce thread

awesome, thanks!

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-23 12:54:23 Reply

...speaking of animating!