ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:04 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 12:55 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 8/17/10 12:48 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Im really sorry ReNaeNae, I wont do it again, I promise! Honest Injun!
Dont worry Renaenae, il tell you later ;)

...someone better! or HEADS WILL ROLL!!!! >:(

lol... I have no idea what you guys are talking about :(
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 12:04 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: lol... I have no idea what you guys are talking about :(

I think that makes about a dozen of us... o.0...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 12:04 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...someone better! or HEADS WILL ROLL!!!! >:(

just nod and pretend you do, its best that way

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 12:09 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/18/10 12:04 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...someone better! or HEADS WILL ROLL!!!! >:(

just nod and pretend you do, its best that way

just smile and wave boys...

i think this is just as bad as the dbz ref u__u
x-factor11
x-factor11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 11:57 PM, Gi-go wrote: You can see in my profile that I do a lot of drawings and animation, but how the hell do you make brilliant creations like Dan Luvisi? Is there a good set of tutorials out there to show me how these types of artworks are created?

Thanks in advance!

looks like he has learned to use a hodge podge of varying programs to create what he creates, don't know if there is a specific tutorial

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 06:23 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 12:48 PM, MajesticBob wrote: Im really sorry ReNaeNae, I wont do it again, I promise! Honest Injun!

I agree with this statement.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 06:30 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 11:57 PM, Gi-go wrote: You can see in my profile that I do a lot of drawings and animation, but how the hell do you make brilliant creations like Dan Luvisi? Is there a good set of tutorials out there to show me how these types of artworks are created?

Thanks in advance!

hooray something i can actually help on, he uses photoshop, and photoshop only, dan luvisi, also known as Adonihs uses a lot of custom brushes, takes a lot of time, and goes in to pixel level to get the desired effect, hes only got one tutorial which doesnt really help, but he does have his brush pack up for download, which i can say from experience, is excellent, its the only one i use, for other stuff id try looking up photorealistic art for tutorials and tips and tricks

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 06:32 AM Reply

Thanks in advance!

You're not going to find a tutorial to make professional level work, because its not so simple as using only one or a few techniques towards the end result. This guy is a professional, and his works are made through extreme amounts of skill. You can only reach the level he's at through large amounts of practice and study. There's no shortcut to making your stuff look like that.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 06:38 AM Reply

the guys got a livestream channel if your interested, helps alot, you just pick up little things and whatch how the guy works, cant find the url though

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 06:52 AM Reply

... what happened to the score? Lol, it's dropped by 0.1!

cuddles daily first trophy

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:19 AM Reply

That means that someone is downvoting it. That isn't cool. We'll have to track them down and kill them, I'm afraid.

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 06:52 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5301

Holy Crap Clock, daily first on Clock Day?

Well done you guys! =D

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 06:52 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5301

Speaking of that collab, and how Nae said the profit would be donated to Nathan's film, he reached his goal, huzzah!

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 11:18 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Speaking of that collab, and how Nae said the profit would be donated to Nathan's film, he reached his goal, huzzah!

since he reached his goal, wheres the money going now? charity?

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:34 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 12:07 PM, Ashman wrote: since he reached his goal, wheres the money going now? charity?

Yesss.... charity.... >.>.... <.<....

soon.... sooon we shall have enough money to redecorate the art fourm lounge with nice new leather sofas and a pool tabel... mmm yes

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 01:06 PM Reply

Thats probably because it was filed under movie rather than game...

This made me lol hard

Art Forum Lounge

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 01:06 PM, J-qb wrote:
This made me lol hard

no qb, it should be in the art portal because its an art collab.....

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 01:11 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/18/10 01:06 PM, J-qb wrote:
This made me lol hard
no qb, it should be in the art portal because its an art collab.....

ok, I'll get onboard with this...
It has music....shouldn't it be in the audio portal?

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 01:28 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: ok, I'll get onboard with this...
It has music....shouldn't it be in the audio portal?

wrong, mine was a real review lol :P screw collab came up with some funny ones

example: why is this crap on the medal games page?
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 01:36 PM Reply

Classification of the Clocktopia Art Gallery

Y'know maybe there really should be a third classification for things that have an interactive element but are not games... or would that be too complicated? Anyway why is it classified as a movie? Most user controlled gallery collabs are listed as games.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 01:36 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Classification of the Clocktopia Art Gallery

Y'know maybe there really should be a third classification for things that have an interactive element but are not games... or would that be too complicated? Anyway why is it classified as a movie? Most user controlled gallery collabs are listed as games.

because if you list it as a game people complain about how its not an actual game, even though its under gadgets, interactive, either way you cant win

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 12:07 PM, Ashman wrote: since he reached his goal, wheres the money going now? charity?

hmmm... OR, we could try to divide the .02 earnings up amongst all of the participants!! lmao!

At 8/18/10 01:36 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Y'know maybe there really should be a third classification for things that have an interactive element but are not games...

Well, it's actually Game/Interactive, but people don't know that... hence the score of the screw collab. Sure, the majority of the art is ...not so great... but I bet it would be at (AT LEAST) 2.1 by now if it had been submitted as a movie :P

I agree they should split it into 3 categories... but how would that work for front paging and organizing stuff? Who knows, maybe they've got it all worked out for the redesign! Let's hope :D

Art Forum Lounge

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 02:02 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
hmmm... OR, we could try to divide the .02 earnings up amongst all of the participants!! lmao!

well, hope it helped him :P

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 02:02 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: hmmm... OR, we could try to divide the .02 earnings up amongst all of the participants!! lmao!

Nah, let the rest all go to him. Every little bit helps =P

Gi-go
Gi-go
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Filmmaker
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 08:16 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 06:30 AM, Ashman wrote: hooray something i can actually help on, he uses photoshop, and photoshop only, dan luvisi, also known as Adonihs uses a lot of custom brushes, takes a lot of time, and goes in to pixel level to get the desired effect, hes only got one tutorial which doesnt really help, but he does have his brush pack up for download, which i can say from experience, is excellent, its the only one i use, for other stuff id try looking up photorealistic art for tutorials and tips and tricks

Thank you very much man, exactly what I was looking to find. You rock!

Luxembourg, did I say I was looking for a shortcut? My God I don't get why people bother posting bullshit text if they don't actually have an answer.

Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 08:16 PM, Gi-go wrote: Luxembourg, did I say I was looking for a shortcut? My God I don't get why people bother posting bullshit text if they don't actually have an answer.

I'm gonna cut this off early. If Lux chewed your ass a little for this response he'd be well within his rights. Your question was:

Is there a good set of tutorials out there to show me how these types of artworks are created?

Lux's answer 'only practice will get you there' is completely legitimate. Your question (which is one we hear a lot) makes it sound like you want to be walked through creating in this style. We don't know you from Adam. If you had posted some of your work after your question we might have been able to take you a little more in context. Or asked us a general question about good tutorials on painting realistically he might have given answer you wanted. But even now after looking at your profile, and again at your question. It seems like you're asking for a walkthrough to a very specific end. Lux was polite and forthcoming in his answer so calling it bullshit is... well... bullshit.

Most of us answering questions (including Lux) are regs, and so there's a community you just rubbed the wrong way. If I were you I'd apologize.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 8/18/10 08:16 PM, Gi-go wrote:
At 8/18/10 06:30 AM, Ashman wrote: hooray something i can actually help on, he uses photoshop, and photoshop only, dan luvisi, also known as Adonihs uses a lot of custom brushes, takes a lot of time, and goes in to pixel level to get the desired effect, hes only got one tutorial which doesnt really help, but he does have his brush pack up for download, which i can say from experience, is excellent, its the only one i use, for other stuff id try looking up photorealistic art for tutorials and tips and tricks
Thank you very much man, exactly what I was looking to find. You rock!

Luxembourg, did I say I was looking for a shortcut? My God I don't get why people bother posting bullshit text if they don't actually have an answer.

I don't think my post was bullshit. The way you came across, as Occluded said, was as someone who wanted a short, easy way to look professional. There is no such thing. I didn't mean to come across as an asshole. Sorry if I did.

Thanks, Occluded for coming to my defense.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
crumblenet
crumblenet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 10:15 PM Reply

Hi Everyone.

A couple years ago i started posting my TERRIBLE little kid art on here.
Being the dicks that you all are, I got the worst, meanest feedback in the world. ;D

Of course, being a kid I fought back saying it was great.

Looking back at old posts now make me laugh and realize how you all were SO RIGHT.
And I want to thank you for being such dicks because it made me who I am today.
Challenged me to get better to "SHOW YOU UP". lol

So if you are kid reading this, work your way through it man.
I know it sucks now and you totally think you are right and they are wrong, you will thank them later.

And to everyone else, thank you =]

Thats all I have to say :)

=]

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 10:44 PM Reply

more fighting in the lounge, eh?
You guys need hobbies.. ah well...
But either way I have to side with Lux and Occ on this one....
ok... carry on...

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 11:30 PM Reply

Practice is always good advice, but understanding and knowing how to manipulate your tools is also extremely useful in this case. There is a specific method artists use to create concept-style art like that. It all revolves around the use of brushes and blending modes. Try to familiarize yourself with brushes/brush settings and how the different layer modes work, since a lot of concept artists start off by value sketching in black and white and use blending modes to layer colors on top. But you have to be substantially good at rendering things in black and white.