00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,703 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 12:20:56

@Ben - Yeah, I'm gonna agree with you on that. Oldboy is the best of that trilogy.

@Dan - Dude, don't forget Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 12:45:11

So many great movies, I must add them all!!!

I have seen many if not all the anime movies mentioned.

Who's looking forward to Castle Crasher releasing today?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 12:50:03

At 8/31/10 12:45 PM, Mabelma wrote:
Who's looking forward to Castle Crasher releasing today?

*Raises hand*

I'm looking forward more, however, to buying it tomorrow (no money today =P).

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 12:57:46

I have the money but haven't got a psn card... Gonna have to buy it later :(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 14:04:27

Eh Belma, interview Ornery =P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 14:14:33

At 8/31/10 12:45 PM, Mabelma wrote: Who's looking forward to Castle Crasher releasing today?

I don't have a power cord yet to use my tv and my ps3 at the same time, probably going over to a friends house to use his tv so I can buy it tonight.

I'm pretty excited. I don't know too many people with 360's so I haven't gotten to play it yet.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 14:39:23

I'm going to go ahead and start up a new conversation just cus
so where is everyone going this year? back to school or something different? I realize some of you may be working people, if so thats cool I suppose.

I myself am pretty fucked because I may not be doing the thing I want to be doing and Im definately not going back to school yet. I guess that means a lot of time to improve my art i dunno

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 14:53:31

At 8/31/10 02:39 PM, austinzombie wrote: I'm going to go ahead and start up a new conversation just cus
so where is everyone going this year? back to school or something different?

Back to school, but I switched studies. Im now in the Premaster Philosophy programme (and finishing up my Bachelor International Business administration). I have only had a few classes (today was my second day) but I can tell allready that its a much better fit. The classes are about subjects that actually interest me and that make me want to know more about them. Besides that the classes are all a lot smaller (50 students instead of 200) which make the lectures much more interactive. So yeah, Im happy.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 15:47:19

I thought I offered him that, didn't I? I need to interview Cypress first though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 16:01:15

At 8/31/10 03:47 PM, Mabelma wrote: I thought I offered him that, didn't I? I need to interview Cypress first though.

maybe renaenae too? :3
also, im sure the interview with Ornery would be awesome

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 16:03:07

Offered...Denied

She didn't want to but that was right after Ben's interview. Things could have change.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 17:07:00

@Austinzombie

I am going to school again this year, but I have moved from po-dunk, tiny redneck town Jacksonville, North Carolina, to very large Jacksonville, Florida.

Haha, I moved from Jacksonville to Jacksonville. Trust me, I've heard it before.

As such, I'm also going to a much, much nicer school this year. I'm now attending the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts, which is in the top 10 best public schools in the entire country and has won tons of awards for its arts programs. I'm going in for orchestra (I play violin), which is very nice. I wanted to audition for visual arts as well but I couldn't meet the proper date for that. Shame; I would have rather gone in for visual arts.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 17:23:57

At 8/31/10 05:07 PM, Luxembourg wrote: @Austinzombie

I am going to school again this year, but I have moved from po-dunk, tiny redneck town Jacksonville, North Carolina, to very large Jacksonville, Florida.
Haha, I moved from Jacksonville to Jacksonville. Trust me, I've heard it before.

congratulations!
i happen to live in florida, but its quite a distance from where you are at (roughly 3 hours). my cousing has a condo in Jacksonville though :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-31 19:45:48

So, I was bored in school today so I started my entry for the calender contest, it's okay, though I probably won't win anything. Also, my school is doing a competition to make a homecoming shirt, I started my design and everybody thinks I'm gonna win but it's anyone's game.
I should probably ink the bagillion sketches that I have.

ALSO: In NG news I am restarting Comic Strip of the Week, since it failed last time I made some tweaks to everything in my head and it is gonna be better than ever! (Well the ONE that I made that is)

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-01 00:39:24

At 8/31/10 07:45 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: ALSO: In NG news I am restarting Comic Strip of the Week, since it failed last time I made some tweaks to everything in my head and it is gonna be better than ever! (Well the ONE that I made that is)

Well, if you decide to do it, put some effort into it.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-01 22:43:16

At 9/1/10 07:49 PM, Chronamut wrote: I had an awesome idea to make a flash based comic where if you look at it it all looks completely normal and readable - but if you click each frame it comes to life and plays out the scene as if you were watching the comic come to life as an actual cartoon - and then it refreezes once that pane is done playing. Kind of like a dynamic comic. Waddaya guys think? I mean I'm too busy to do it these days but I still think it;s a great concept...

Ive seen that kind of thing before, there was a whole slew of those types of things around 2003-2006 on NG. they were a little more animation based or art based, but trying to get an equal balance of both could be interesting.
The only thing that makes it a bit redundant in a way is that the point of the comic is a visual progression of static images in cells, having the cells be an animation will either make reading the thing very confusing for those who jump ahead in cells without finishing the animation, or sort of pointless since the point of the comic is to move the story forward with static cells, otherwise it might as well just be an animation. Maybe having the animation of each cell not be completely necessary, but more used as an enhancement or supplement to the static image. So instead of say, having lines to show a guy swinging his sword, the cell shows him doing the swing, and the next one shows the contact. That way for those who don't want to sit through the animation can still progress like a normal comic, while those with more time and get a more fluid experience.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-01 23:10:26

Hi guys, I haven't posted or drawn much in a while. Look at this life drawing I did 2 days ago. Ok thanks.

Art Forum Lounge

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-01 23:34:00

@Chronamut - Yeah man, that sounds cool. They did that for Watchmen (made the Watchmen motion comic, still have to watch that)

@Jarvid - I thought you were dead (figuratively not literally).

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-03 03:30:15

Hey, y'all! Thought I'd say hi, I've been out of commission while my computer was playing up.

To top it off, I've lost all the progress on a few pics I was doing and lost the whole thing - these were being done for other people, so.. gargh. How do you guys react to something like that?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-03 03:41:45

At 9/3/10 03:30 AM, Lintire wrote: Hey, y'all! Thought I'd say hi, I've been out of commission while my computer was playing up.

To top it off, I've lost all the progress on a few pics I was doing and lost the whole thing - these were being done for other people, so.. gargh. How do you guys react to something like that?

normally if it crashes and i lose my progress so far i lose all motivation to do it again, because i know i wont get it anywhere near as good as it was before, and i dont have the patience to do it again, if i lost save files of work i was doing i guess the same thing, get annoyed and keep putting off redoing them

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-03 04:09:45

At 9/3/10 03:41 AM, Ashman wrote: normally if it crashes and i lose my progress so far i lose all motivation to do it again, because i know i wont get it anywhere near as good as it was before, and i dont have the patience to do it again, if i lost save files of work i was doing i guess the same thing, get annoyed and keep putting off redoing them

I hear you - but since I'm pretty much honour-bound to do these pictures, I guess I'll just have to do them... differently, keep the relationship spiced, else I'm not nearly about to commit.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-03 07:43:16

At 9/3/10 12:54 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: this is proof that i am a pokemon trainer......
yes i wore that shit to school
i am the alpha male
hand over all your ladies

You look less like the alpha male and more like the douchebah male =P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-03 07:49:34

At 9/3/10 07:43 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/3/10 12:54 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: i am the alpha male
You look less like the alpha male and more like the douchebah male =P

Really? I always considered him more of a fe-male...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-03 07:50:13

At 9/3/10 07:43 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You look less like the alpha male and more like the douchebah male =P

lol witty

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-04 15:05:24

Yay! Congrats Ben!! :D

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-04 15:44:43

At 9/4/10 03:05 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Yay! Congrats Ben!! :D

I thought Ben already had enough responsibilities here, if not too many... lol. Congrats Ben!

Also Nae! wtf, I'm not special enough to congratulate when I get modded?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-04 18:44:22

At 9/4/10 03:44 PM, CloudEater wrote:
Also Nae! wtf, I'm not special enough to congratulate when I get modded?

Congrats Uncle Benz.

I just got upgraded too!

Art Forum Lounge

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-04 18:54:07

At 9/4/10 03:05 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Yay! Congrats Ben!! :D

i thought you were gunna say hes a forum mod, phew were still kinda safe, congrats ben

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-04 19:51:24

Ben can't ban me.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-04 19:58:45

At 9/4/10 06:52 PM, EJR wrote: I thought you were going to be a review mod like back in January. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT? HMMMMMM?

lol I was waiting until they got the whole review bug in the art portal fixed before jumping into the review fun.

Thanks guys, I almost have the complete collection!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature