00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,867 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 12:10:49

At 8/25/10 11:23 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Pretty sure I was just making a joke.

Your jokes are shit.

Also, Lintire, what the fluff.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 12:28:30

At 8/25/10 12:10 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Also, Lintire, what the fluff.

He posted a photo!.. GET EM!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 14:46:18

At 8/25/10 12:10 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Your jokes are shit.

:'C

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 17:35:07

At 8/25/10 12:10 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/25/10 11:23 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Pretty sure I was just making a joke.
Your jokes are shit.

Also, Lintire, what the fluff.

What? I liked the pictures and he obviously drew them (or they were drawn), but those backgrounds are suspiciously artifacted D:

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 18:14:52

At 8/25/10 05:35 PM, Lintire wrote: he obviously drew them (or they were drawn)

c'mon!
c'monnnnn!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 18:20:45

At 8/25/10 06:17 PM, EJR wrote: You gave this submission a vote of "5"

thats
not
the
way
it
should
beeeee

/facemelt

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 18:41:10

At 8/25/10 05:35 PM, Lintire wrote: What? I liked the pictures and he obviously drew them (or they were drawn), but those backgrounds are suspiciously artifacted D:

50% stolen art, 49% traced art, 1% original crap art.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 18:42:45

Well, I'm man enough to admit when I've made a mistake. Anyway I can unscout my scouts?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 19:42:34

At 8/25/10 06:42 PM, Lintire wrote: Anyway I can unscout my scouts?

No there isn't. But I wouldn't worry too much about it if someone you scouted starts behaving erratically or whatever the problem is, it's not that likely that you will be held responsible unless you have a habit of making poor scouting decisions.

--

hobbies

After playing Quake singleplayer maps and mods for 14 years I have just recently started making my own, something I've always wanted to do but have never been able to get going with until now. I've tinkered before with mapping DOOM and Heretic but now I've made the transition from 2.5D to full 3D and it's both draining and exhilirating. Sure, I'm years behind people who map for Source, Unreal Engine 3 and the soon to be released idTech 5, but Quake is my favorite shooter and it still has a pretty hardcore communnity of mappers.

Anyway, I'm just kind of wondering what sorts of geeky hobbies the rest of you might find yourselves involved in during the wee hours apart from art and NG?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 19:50:30

At 8/25/10 07:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:

hours apart from art and NG?

Ermm.... what?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 19:57:56

At 8/25/10 07:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: No there isn't. But I wouldn't worry too much about it if someone you scouted starts behaving erratically or whatever the problem is, it's not that likely that you will be held responsible unless you have a habit of making poor scouting decisions.

Well, I suppose everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and I can see the problems that would easily arise if people were allowed to unscout, so I guess that that's that.

Anyway, I'm just kind of wondering what sorts of geeky hobbies the rest of you might find yourselves involved in during the wee hours apart from art and NG?

I myself don't do much that is geeky, I suppose. I used to be heavily involved in the W40K scene but I backed out after realizing just how much work was involved, much to the chagrin of the other players, and I suppose the geekiest I get now is updating my PC heavily, but I don't even do that anymore.
I'm losing my touch D:

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 20:11:07

At 8/25/10 07:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:

I do something many people don't- I actually read books. It's geeky, in a sense, considering that I do that more often than I text, like a normal teenager would be doing.
Besides that, I used to play World of Warcraft, and only stopped because I was broke and couldn't pay the monthly fee. I've played on/off since it first came out- I was 11 when I started. I've been intending to go back when I actually finish Mario Galaxy 2 with every star. Say what you will, I am NOT one of those people who let it siphon their lives. I have excellent self control, and I played purely for fun.

My character's name was Kihael, if anyone gives a shit. I was the only "Kihael" in the entire 11 million player database, so armory search would be easy.

I've also read lots of manga. I don't watch much anime, though, and I don't think I have enough of a literature behind me to really be an "otaku", but I know a good amount and I think I have good taste.
I don't think I really have any geeky hobbies, really, just some geeky tendencies.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 20:28:02

I've recently started watching alot of anime... Currently I'm watching .Hack//SIGN.

TTGL anyone?

I used to read a shit-ton of books, all the time, and do pretty much nothing else. Then I started drawing a little and now I do that more than read (which means I haven't read anything since the beginning of summer).
As to other geeky stuff... I don't willingly go outside unless it's on a trip somewhere, and prefer to spend most of my time either sleeping, eating, or on the computer. I do have a pair of mock coke-bottle glasses. I tuck in my button-up shirts. I keep pens in my shirt pocket, when I have one. I used to play Maplestory almost regularly until I switched to windows 7... Now I jokingly play runescape when I'm deathly bored. I squealed like a little girl when SC2 came out, but never bothered actually GETTING it... Probably half of the music on my iPod is from animes (mostly Cowboy Bebop, love that jazzy sound).
And that's just the tip of the iceberg... If you knew who I was like some of y'all from stickam do, you'd know how much of a geek I can be.

And I'm not sure where or if this fits in, but when I take my shoes off, I untie them, dammit!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 20:37:05

At 8/25/10 08:28 PM, Wivernryder wrote: I've recently started watching alot of anime... Currently I'm watching .Hack//SIGN.
TTGL anyone?

TTGL is the best anime. .Hack//SIGN wasn't too bad, although it could confuse a little. I actually quite liked the .Hack games, as well.
The reason I don't like anime in a general sense, though, is because most anime is pretty poorly animated, and voice actors are hit or miss. Usually miss, if the VA is english.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 20:41:21

At 8/25/10 08:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote: TTGL is the best anime. .Hack//SIGN wasn't too bad, although it could confuse a little. I actually quite liked the .Hack games, as well.
The reason I don't like anime in a general sense, though, is because most anime is pretty poorly animated, and voice actors are hit or miss. Usually miss, if the VA is english.

ttgl is a good example of that, the english dubs majorly suck, its why i prefer subtitles on any anime

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 20:44:34

At 8/25/10 08:41 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 8/25/10 08:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote: TTGL is the best anime. .Hack//SIGN wasn't too bad, although it could confuse a little. I actually quite liked the .Hack games, as well.
ttgl is a good example of that, the english dubs majorly suck, its why i prefer subtitles on any anime

They dubbed TTGL? I watched it way back in mid-2008-ish, in Japanese with subs. It was fantastic. I had no idea they had dubbed it, though I'm not surprised.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-25 21:26:41

At 8/25/10 08:44 PM, Luxembourg wrote:

They dubbed TTGL? I watched it way back in mid-2008-ish, in Japanese with subs. It was fantastic. I had no idea they had dubbed it, though I'm not surprised.

Yeah. Youtube hunts down the Japanese dubs when the english dubs come out, usually because those get hosted on a company channel.

TTGL's got the entire series English dub on Youtube, but I'll be damned if I can find entire episodes from the original dub.

Speaking of youtube,

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I FIND THE OPENING THEME TO KRIKORIAN THEATERS.

Seriously, the only recording I can find had dumbasses laughing and a bunch of stupid clapping in it.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 00:03:47

At 8/25/10 07:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Anyway, I'm just kind of wondering what sorts of geeky hobbies the rest of you might find yourselves involved in during the wee hours apart from art and NG?

I'm a gigantic videogame nerd, probably my biggest hobby/interest. I also spend a fair amount of time reading comic books and watching anime. Haven't had anything good to watch lately, need to finish watching Gungrave. I watch an ass ton of movies to, especially horror films. There's probably not too many that I haven't seen.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 00:37:52

At 8/25/10 06:41 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/25/10 05:35 PM, Lintire wrote: What? I liked the pictures and he obviously drew them (or they were drawn), but those backgrounds are suspiciously artifacted D:
50% stolen art, 49% traced art, 1% original crap art.

Isn't that basically representative of the Art portal as a whole?

Okay, not true, but too good of a straight line to pass up.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 00:41:35

At 8/25/10 06:41 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: 50% stolen art, 49% traced art, 1% original crap art.

I know all MY art is stolen. It's the cool thing to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 00:43:39

At 8/26/10 12:39 AM, EJR wrote:
At 8/26/10 12:05 AM, Chronamut wrote: I wasn't aware you were comic-book guy. It must be hard being that overweight.
Yeah man, Ben is fat as fcuk.

In his defense, his scrotum is majestic, like two duck eggs.

don't say I never stood up for you Cap'n.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 01:49:57

At 8/25/10 07:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Anyway, I'm just kind of wondering what sorts of geeky hobbies the rest of you might find yourselves involved in during the wee hours apart from art and NG?

Well, I should probably be getting back to art sometime.....
Anyways, there's the growing voice acting work that I've been getting (gotta get a few scripts done), but again, that's still NG stuff.
I've been playing a shit-ton of TF2. I can't help myself, it's extremely fun.
Also, I've been reading the Bourne series. I'm currently on the Bourne Ultimadem (the third of the series). The books are drastically different from the films. The first movie did take a bunch of the main concepts from the first book, but the 2nd and 3rd are not even remotely similar.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 02:38:53

At 8/26/10 12:43 AM, Vousielle wrote: In his defense, his scrotum is majestic, like two duck eggs.

This is true, unfortunately they get quite distracting in the face of my small peen.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 08:11:05

Pfah, geeky hobbies you say? Dont think i have any outside ng... I spend a lot of time making music, as the year starts up ill have rehearsalls 3 evenings a week, and im looking for an extra band. Add to that the time spent practicing plus a conc3rt evert other weekend, plus whatever music I make in fruity loops.:.. Listening to jazz while smoking cigars and drinking whisky mightn't be considered cool by everyone; but i dont think its geeky.... I read more than average prolly but I dont read fantasy and the like (anymore), mostly contemporary american fiction. That or national geographic magazine... im sorry but im just a really cool guy ;)

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-26 14:19:05

Doesn't really count as a hobby, but I do it enough that it might as well be.
I walk, everywhere, almost everyday, sometimes to places people think its too far to even drive to.
Other than that, I got drawing and gaming.

In other news, new ash be trippin balls

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-27 03:55:54

At 8/26/10 02:19 PM, M-Vero wrote: Doesn't really count as a hobby, but I do it enough that it might as well be.
I walk, everywhere, almost everyday, sometimes to places people think its too far to even drive to.
Other than that, I got drawing and gaming.

I also walk many places, you notice SO much more when you walk and you can think about stuff and compose songs in your head and stuff like that.

In other news, new ash be trippin balls

OMG what has happened to him?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-27 04:05:32

Ahh back again.... I must say you guys are an interesting bunch to watch from the sidelines.

Hobbies...... Hm...
Well I like to build Plastic models. Mostly classic cars and hot-rods, but I haven't done one in a while. Just haven't had the time or the money. Every once in a while I'll pick up a plane or a robot of some kind.
I also like to do lots of general artist stuff. I enjoy sketching a lot. Sadly 90% of them tend to never go anywhere. Sculpting is something I like to do from time to time.
I like building things, be it with Legos, clay, metal working on engins or what ever but I like to put things together and see how they work.

At 8/26/10 02:19 PM, M-Vero wrote: In other news, new ash be trippin balls

Wait, what?..... Ash tried to play Super Mario and snagged some good shrooms.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-27 08:19:45

At 8/26/10 02:19 PM, M-Vero wrote: In other news, new ash be trippin balls

Did he do something with his hair?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-27 12:23:00

Me and my buddies like to go to Wal-Mart and have duels with the nerf swords and lightsabers.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-27 17:10:53

I'm going out to dinner with some friends, then coming home and playing videogames.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature