00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Imp-with-a-Pencil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,224 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 20:46:54

At 6/15/10 08:44 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 6/15/10 08:40 PM, M-Vero wrote: Transformers, smurfs, voltron, other stuff I'm forgetting.
It was only a matter of time before they widdled there way to this part of everyone's childhood.
Earth fire wind water... okay sounds like Avatar (the last airbender)
..... HEART? WTF!?!?!
Since when is that a fucking element?
Lamest. Poster. EVER.

Completely over your head. You probably didn't know the cartoon. It's CAPTAIN PLANET.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 20:48:02

At 6/15/10 08:44 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 6/15/10 08:40 PM, M-Vero wrote: Transformers, smurfs, voltron, other stuff I'm forgetting.
It was only a matter of time before they widdled there way to this part of everyone's childhood.
Earth fire wind water... okay sounds like Avatar (the last airbender)
..... HEART? WTF!?!?!
Since when is that a fucking element?
Lamest. Poster. EVER.

DAMN WIPPERSNAPPRS!
Learn to respect us old folk.
Our mind may be going the way of the dodo, our bladders may be more slick than the Gulf coast, and our bowls may be looser than a 2 dollar whore on nickel night, but atleast we got our....our..... our....er...... something..
give me some hard candy....

how come no one comes to see us in the home any more :(

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 20:56:49

At 6/15/10 08:48 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: Videogame stuff

Really, I think Metal Gear Solid 4 and LittleBIGPlanet were reason enough for anyone to get a ps3. MGS4 was astounding. I'm excited for Rising, but I dunno, it just CAN'T be the same without Snake.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood looked bad to me. It's them milking the franchise. They should just make the third one and be done with the series. That's my opinion, and I'm in no way bashing AC, since I very nearly got the platinum trophy for AC2.

LittleBIGPlanet 2 is top of my excitement list. Also excited for Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm sure there was something else amazing that I forgot.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:07:21

DAMN WIPPERSNAPPRS!
Learn to respect us old folk.
Our mind may be going the way of the dodo, our bladders may be more slick than the Gulf coast, and our bowls may be looser than a 2 dollar whore on nickel night, but atleast we got our....our..... our....er...... something..
give me some hard candy....
how come no one comes to see us in the home any more :(

Ok, that has to be put in stone somewhere. You have no idea how much I just laughed.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:09:29

At 6/15/10 09:03 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: its all gay like wind waker

Wind Waker was the best Zelda.
And really, It's still in progress, it has a long way to go.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:16:41

At 6/15/10 09:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 6/15/10 09:03 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: its all gay like wind waker
Wind Waker was the best Zelda.

Oh god I wanna slap you.... Sure I loved the sailing, and the free roaming was super fun, but the style is like lemon flavored flesh eating acid poured over a salt covered wound.
Wind Waker, was a fun game, but I hated the graphic style....

And really, It's still in progress, it has a long way to go.

yeah I took a look at the trailer, very rough. Some of the animations aren't even out of the blocking stages yet, and you can tell the textures aren't done. I think it has possibilities

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:16:59

Looking at the trailer for Skyward Sword, I personally think it looks great. The enemy design is great, IMO.

Also, I love the flying claw thing with the weird face.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:20:39

E3 only started yesterday and already iv seen some badass trailers (force unleashed 2)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:22:32

At 6/15/10 09:16 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Oh god I wanna slap you.... Sure I loved the sailing, and the free roaming was super fun, but the style is like lemon flavored flesh eating acid poured over a salt covered wound.

That's your opinion, here's mine: The graphic style was gorgeous. The cel-shading and blocky, swirly cartoon style was the kind of style that can't age because it has no base in realism. If your artistic taste didn't fall under that graphic style, I can understand why you disliked it, but mine does and I can still play it without it feeling dated.
I've beaten Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess once each. I've beaten Wind Waker twice and a half. It's the only Zelda I'd put in my top five games.
Please don't hate me for saying these things. Like art, we've all got different tastes. Mine loves stylistic things like that.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:30:06

At 6/15/10 09:22 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 6/15/10 09:16 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
That's your opinion, here's mine: The graphic style was gorgeous. The cel-shading and blocky, swirly cartoon style was the kind of style that can't age because it has no base in realism. If your artistic taste didn't fall under that graphic style, I can understand why you disliked it, but mine does and I can still play it without it feeling dated.
I've beaten Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess once each. I've beaten Wind Waker twice and a half. It's the only Zelda I'd put in my top five games.
Please don't hate me for saying these things. Like art, we've all got different tastes. Mine loves stylistic things like that.

I really have nothing against cell shading... but honestly, the tiny feet creeped me out.... It was also a small blow to the Zelda games that had a record of becoming more and more mature as time went on, and here they had a simi-mature story with art that just didn't match. And to make matters worse, they took that style and applied it to Link to the Past, which is probably the best Zelda game produced.
Although I guess that Wind Waker easily takes one of my top 5 slots. I just wish the style had been a bit stronger and had not been forced up on one of there classics.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:40:06

At 6/15/10 08:46 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Completely over your head. You probably didn't know the cartoon. It's CAPTAIN PLANET.

wait? it is?!?! it all makes sense now!
i DID watch that show, when i was 4! i 'member it naow!!!
huh i remember... whatshisface wheeler... joey wheeler? nah sounds like yugioh....
anyways...
*smacks head against the wall for not getting it earlier*
soz, now its the... 2nd lamest poster ever, next to zombies on a plane (see last page)

jkjk, dont kill me >.< (again?!?!?)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:43:14

At 6/15/10 06:26 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/15/10 06:15 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: but i dont think you will find it very scary at all
you know what else is not scary
Zombies on a Plane

a quote on that movie, I will burn the damn thing.....

That movie was shit

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:45:24

At 6/15/10 09:30 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
I really have nothing against cell shading... but honestly, the tiny feet creeped me out.... It was also a small blow to the Zelda games that had a record of becoming more and more mature as time went on, and here they had a simi-mature story with art that just didn't match. And to make matters worse, they took that style and applied it to Link to the Past, which is probably the best Zelda game produced.
Although I guess that Wind Waker easily takes one of my top 5 slots. I just wish the style had been a bit stronger and had not been forced up on one of there classics.

Fair enough. Its story was more mature than OoT, though, even if the art style wasn't. Its characters were more developed, its story was far more complicated and felt more original and more interesting than OoT. On the story front, Twilight Princess beats both out on all of these things, but I still enjoyed WW more than TP, mostly because of the art style, sountrack, and boss fights.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:45:37

At 6/15/10 09:40 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: soz, now its the... 2nd lamest poster ever, next to zombies on a plane (see last page)

wait, whoa, halt....
you thought my Zombies on a plane post was lame...
I-I.......
I really don't know how to respond to that except with tears..... see :'(
I'm going to start drinking now.....
See what you made me do Kashi, your making me drink.....

actually, I'm out of whiskey :P damn the bad luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:50:09

At 6/15/10 09:45 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'm going to start drinking now.....
See what you made me do Kashi, your making me drink.....
actually, I'm out of whiskey :P damn the bad luck.

ah! soz kinsei!!! :P
but hell, if you are out of whiskey, get on General Stickam or something and ask Jamie for some.
He'll give you a couple bottles for free, probably

hes got so much damn alcohol...

and whats even awesomer, he has a huge 2L mug to drink it all from >:O
jealous!

and hes underage.... the badassery.....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:54:04

At 6/15/10 09:45 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Fair enough. Its story was more mature than OoT, though, even if the art style wasn't. Its characters were more developed, its story was far more complicated and felt more original and more interesting than OoT. On the story front, Twilight Princess beats both out on all of these things, but I still enjoyed WW more than TP, mostly because of the art style, sountrack, and boss fights.

I really Don't hold the Style and graphics against OoT cause it's really not fair. For the day, and the platform, that was the standard. and again looking at the standard, the story was quite good and brought in some new drama.
I do admit I liked the Sound track for WW. it was really nice and relaxing, although I didn't care much for the battle music, I liked TP better. I also felt that many of the boss fights of TP were a little lacking. mostly in the design stages. But I loved fighting the Iron Knickels though. Those were much more fun in TP than in WW. I only wish they were a lot harder. About 4 times the life, twice the armor and speed and the ability to parry would have made them perfect. and then throw about 4 of them in a room together, ooh so much fun.... ~_~

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 21:58:52

At 6/15/10 09:52 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: NEVER EVER EVER WATCH MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS...JUST DONT DO IT!

I think I will I watch some of that bad shit before and probally do commentary against ,Though it won't be a MSt3K by any means

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:03:20

At 6/15/10 09:52 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: NEVER EVER EVER WATCH MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS...JUST DONT DO IT!

what?!
WHAT?!
THAT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER
No seriously the movie is so bad, its fucking hilarious.
Watch it, watch it over and over, with friends

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:05:53

What movie are you guys talking about? It it about zombies? Again?

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:06:38

At 6/15/10 09:54 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

I really Don't hold the Style and graphics against OoT cause it's really not fair. For the day, and the platform, that was the standard. and again looking at the standard, the story was quite good and brought in some new drama.
I do admit I liked the Sound track for WW. it was really nice and relaxing, although I didn't care much for the battle music, I liked TP better. I also felt that many of the boss fights of TP were a little lacking. mostly in the design stages. But I loved fighting the Iron Knickels though. Those were much more fun in TP than in WW. I only wish they were a lot harder. About 4 times the life, twice the armor and speed and the ability to parry would have made them perfect. and then throw about 4 of them in a room together, ooh so much fun.... ~_~

I think you're twisting my words. I never held anything against OoT, and I didn't even mention graphics! I just said that WW's story was more mature than OoT's, mostly because it was more developed.
Anyways, I think we should stop wasting space in the Lounge with this discussion. I like Wind Waker the most, you don't. I think I gave a good enough argument that my opinion is valid, as did you.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:20:55

At 6/15/10 10:06 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I think you're twisting my words. I never held anything against OoT, and I didn't even mention graphics! I just said that WW's story was more mature than OoT's, mostly because it was more developed.
Anyways, I think we should stop wasting space in the Lounge with this discussion. I like Wind Waker the most, you don't. I think I gave a good enough argument that my opinion is valid, as did you.

Its the lounge. aren't we suppose to use it to discuss what ever we want? :P
And I didn't mean to make it sound like I was trying to twist your words. It just kind of came out wrong. I was only mentioning the standard at the time because so many games that were good get put down cause they are not today's standards. I always hate when I read articles about people who think video games didn't exist before halo.
The young generation doesn't know what gems they are missing.
To be honest to top my list of Zelda games, it is definitely the original Link to the Past, followed by the original Legend of Zelda. Link to the Past had some solid story, good graphics, awesome game play. it's no wonder I like it above the other. The Legend of Zelda gets number 2 because it was just damn hard. Really now days you have to set threw a half hour of tutorials just to play, but in that game they booted your ass out in to the world and said "Good Luck" and then laughed as they walked away and left you there.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:35:33

At 6/15/10 10:20 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
The young generation doesn't know what gems they are missing.
To be honest to top my list of Zelda games, it is definitely the original Link to the Past, followed by the original Legend of Zelda. Link to the Past had some solid story, good graphics, awesome game play. it's no wonder I like it above the other. The Legend of Zelda gets number 2 because it was just damn hard. Really now days you have to set threw a half hour of tutorials just to play, but in that game they booted your ass out in to the world and said "Good Luck" and then laughed as they walked away and left you there.

I don't compare things to today's standards! But OoT wasn't on-par storywise. And that's not by today's standards. Story-heavy games have existed for a long time, though mostly in the RPG genre. OoT came out right before FF7, as a (very cliche) example. Nintendo has never been huge on story, though, and it was a very fun game, so that's not too big a deal. I've also played A Link To The Past; I just like the 3D Zelda games far more than the 2D ones. I've not played the original, though.
Halo blows, by the way. That the whole game industry is being taken over by FPS makes me sad, albeit a few gems like Bioshock.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:41:25

At 6/15/10 10:35 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I've not played the original, though.

you should, it is.... difficult.
I had to look up a walk through to beat the forest maze. it's not much in story, but it makes up for it in just trying to figure out the WTF factor.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 22:58:38

At 6/15/10 10:41 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
I had to look up a walk through to beat the forest maze. it's not much in story, but it makes up for it in just trying to figure out the WTF factor.

In comparison to the Water Temple in OoT, how confusing is it?

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 23:04:11

At 6/15/10 10:58 PM, Luxembourg wrote:

well..... it's like the forest in Oot, but with out music or lights in the door ways to guide you. or perhaps like the ocean in WW if you didn't have a map or a compass. and to top it off.... it's one over head map that repeats itself over and over, that you have to walk threw in a certain order to get through it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 23:15:06

At 6/15/10 11:04 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/15/10 10:58 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
well..... it's like the forest in Oot, but with out music or lights in the door ways to guide you. or perhaps like the ocean in WW if you didn't have a map or a compass. and to top it off.... it's one over head map that repeats itself over and over, that you have to walk threw in a certain order to get through it.

I was more thinking of the game as a whole. I used the Water Temple as a basis since it's the most difficult dungeon to figure out in any of the games I've played. The Wind Temple in Wind Waker pulls second.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-15 23:45:32

Hrmm, looks like I missed most of the Zelda discussion.
I'm just gonna through a few of my few thoughts, because I really don't want to full story tell here.
1) In every Zelda game, the Water Temple is the worst. By that I mean it's the most confusing asshole of a dungeon, and they know it, and they do it as tradition just to piss you off.
2) I thought Wind Waker was a solid game, and it had great replay value. Wearing normal clothes is fun and all, but being able to understand Hylian makes it so much more interesting for those scenes.
3) My top three Zelda games are Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and A Link To The Past.
4) I thought A Link To The Past had the best selection of items and weapons. Seriously, there's 20 items (23 if you count all 4 jars seperately) you can use, Pegasus Boots, Gauntlets (lvl 1, 2), flippers, a magic pearl, shield (lvl 1, 2, 3), armour (lvl 1, 2, 3) and sword (lvl 1, 2, 3, 4)
5) I'm fucking excited for the new Zelda game. I can't wait for it to come out, because I am pumped!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-16 09:40:18

Life and existence is unimportant and futile as there's no point to it!
This goes for everything made by living creatures!

Discuss!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-16 10:16:40

At 6/16/10 09:40 AM, Havegum wrote: Life and existence is unimportant and futile as there's no point to it!
Discuss!

Existentialism.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-16 10:20:47

At 6/16/10 09:40 AM, Havegum wrote: Life and existence is unimportant and futile as there's no point to it!

I say Gumby, this might be a great argument here. In my point of view, I agree and disagree at the same time. Allow me to explain. I agree because the reason of war, disasters and calamities are caused by the existence of living creatures that use up and have no care for the world they live in. They feed their desires and care for no one but themselves. So life I may say, only leads to death, despair and agony. So the very existence of any creature is only doomed to go through life suffering.

I also disagree, by the reason life will be too damn boring and colorless without anything in it. Could you imagine being alone, doing nothing but existing? It will drive anyone mad. And there will be pretty much nothing. Although existing might be a great blunder, it's still great because of the main reason you exist, live and learn.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature