00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

953,441 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:05:59

..::Art Forum Lounge::..

Welcome to the lounge.

The Art Forum Lounge is here to provide an open discussion topic for the Art Forum users. Feel free to discuss the things that interest you, in a thoughtful considerate manner.

Rules:

1) Do not spam. Spam posting will not be tolerated. Use common sense, try to be reasonably intelligent and coherent with your posting.

2) Respect your fellow forum goers, do not flame or belittle them. Different people have different feelings and opinions on things, respect your differences. You can kid around with each other but don't be nasty.

3) All normal BBS rules apply.

Enjoy yourselves. =]

Art Forum Lounge

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:06:46

FIRST POST LOLOLOLO

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:07:22

Can I say, Finally?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:11:43

I suppose this would finally be an appropriate place for people to ask their dumb questions regarding how to make flash movies with MS paint as well. Fantastic.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:12:24

Can i say pointless? , Seems like upon making this the moderation of the art forum will be exponentialy cut, along with this most likely being spammed with random jizz (Example the "Reg lounge {Flash forum}".

Personaly it's a bad idea , but hey-ho whatever Bmk want's Bmk gets.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:15:54

Open discussion? Ok then. Is everyone happy with just an Art forum or would anyone else prefer an entire Art section?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:17:06

At 1/29/08 03:12 PM, Darkaxl wrote:

I dont think its a bad idea, it's a good place for people to discuss techniques, or the people who need to ask something art related but have nothing to show can post.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:17:40

well, since noone has posted nothing useful here yet, i wonder why...
i will take this chance to say hello to everyone (well that sure ain't useful but :P)
and to congratz everyone who improved on their art, new or old, mean or kind,
and to celebrate every holiday you celebrate, for surely i will forget it when its the right time,
understand i want to be friends with everybody and anybody who is good enough not to say f**k you motherf**ker when you say hi to him :)
well, nothing more to say :)

my user page, visit, leave a comment, help out

I don't paint, if you want a sketch or a graphic black & white drawing call me ;) Check my DeviantArt site :)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:18:42

At 1/29/08 03:17 PM, ChillyCheese wrote:
At 1/29/08 03:12 PM, Darkaxl wrote:
I dont think its a bad idea, it's a good place for people to discuss techniques, or the people who need to ask something art related but have nothing to show can post.

As bitch stated, it's also gonna be a flood place for idiots not knowing wtf to do and people who refuse to read the rules.

But once again "Ditto to my previous bmk line"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:19:18

At 1/29/08 03:12 PM, Darkaxl wrote: Can i say pointless? , Seems like upon making this the moderation of the art forum will be exponentialy cut, along with this most likely being spammed with random jizz (Example the "Reg lounge {Flash forum}".

I'm hoping it will end up being a place where the regulars can post about other things than personal art. This thread is already on thin ice, so to speak, I'm testing it out and seeing where it goes. It is by no means a fixture at this point.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:20:34

yay,, this give me an excuse to be even less lenient to the spam posters.

heres a nice safe place to hobble your asses into, spam till your draws are full, and scream "Sanctuary!" Like Quasimodo on crack.

OR people will actually use it responsibly.

hahah, what was I thinkin.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:23:38

At 1/29/08 03:20 PM, MindChamber wrote: heres a nice safe place to hobble your asses into, spam till your draws are full, and scream "Sanctuary!" Like Quasimodo on crack.

nice

my motto: preach by example.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:24:44

At 1/29/08 03:23 PM, poxpower wrote:

my motto: preach by example.

good idea.

seeya ^_^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:27:21

At 1/29/08 03:20 PM, MindChamber wrote: heres a nice safe place to hobble your asses into, spam till your draws are full, and scream "Sanctuary!" Like Quasimodo on crack.

You lightened my day.

Are you guys going to allow "Does anyone else think the NG BBS is ruined by 9-year olds these days?"-questions? Please say no.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:42:21

I mean, this sort of thing didn't really work out so well in the past, but I have always felt like it would be a good idea.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 15:54:43

i hope it does.

but i'm afraid that this will end up being buried under the usual crap that floats on the surface here...

let's just hope someone has something interesting to talk about..then all we would need would be a way to keep the idiots out...

come to think of it...locking it would be easyer...

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:25:50

I was wondering a while back if this thread existed somewhere.. guess it does now >.>;

I kinda agree with Tom though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:30:39

Ok, question then:
on another thread (The Wankah! one) somebody did a picture of the heavy and removed the color layer to reveal only the highlight and shadow layers...
I got the impression that this was perhaps a photoshop job and what are the purposes of those layers and how do you use them?

(at the risk of sounding like a complete noob, because I am).

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:35:59

art tips anyone?

i like animu so i am a lulzer- thx to animE graphX for the banner

click my banner for anime news,tutorials,refrences and more.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:40:43

At 1/29/08 04:35 PM, sleek-steel wrote: art tips anyone?

Yeah, Dont suck.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:41:58

I'm sure some poor confused souls will spam, but then they'll go back to the general forum where they belong.

Any way anybody here have any suggestions for a new sig for me? I want to make it myself, just can't think of anything great at the moment.

: devArt :

The Emperor Protects.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:42:35

Well this is going to be interesting

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:47:51

Anyone ever try pointelism?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:49:09

At 1/29/08 04:30 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Ok, question then:
on another thread (The Wankah! one) somebody did a picture of the heavy and removed the color layer to reveal only the highlight and shadow layers...
I got the impression that this was perhaps a photoshop job and what are the purposes of those layers and how do you use them?

(at the risk of sounding like a complete noob, because I am).

In PS you can set the layer with the line art to overlay or multiply in the layer properties, this allows you to paint on a new layer underneath without disturbing the line work.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 16:56:16

At 1/29/08 04:49 PM, MindChamber wrote: In PS you can set the layer with the line art to overlay or multiply in the layer properties, this allows you to paint on a new layer underneath without disturbing the line work.

Ah, thanks! (Heads off to do experimentation...)

Thanks again!

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 17:07:00

At 1/29/08 04:47 PM, Revolation wrote: Anyone ever try pointelism?

Yes... though it is tedious, it has its advantages... why do you ask?

nerds (2x2)+ever

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 17:08:55

At 1/29/08 04:47 PM, Revolation wrote: Anyone ever try pointelism?

why yes I have. I had an art project and we each got assigned a different technique. I did not like it. lots of time it took me, and very annoying, i would post the thing because it turned out pretty good, but the teacher never gave them back....

: devArt :

The Emperor Protects.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 17:32:13

What does everyone think of Neil Gaiman's work? (Particularly the "Sandman" series.) Just trying to find out if he's still as popular as he ought to be... Or maybe recruit some new fans!

P.S. He doesn't do the art, but he writes the stories for comics.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 18:26:35

At 1/29/08 05:32 PM, MiddleFingerRings wrote: What does everyone think of Neil Gaiman's work? (Particularly the "Sandman" series.) Just trying to find out if he's still as popular as he ought to be... Or maybe recruit some new fans!

P.S. He doesn't do the art, but he writes the stories for comics.

I was introduced to the"Sandman" series a couple of years back, and I do still like it even to this day (dare I say, I always will).

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-01-29 18:39:51

You guys have heard of Francisco Goya, right?

He's one of my favorite pre-impressionist painters.

I recently saw his master work Saturn at the Prado museum in Madrid, and it's mildly frightening to behold in person.

By the time he painted this, I think Goya was suffering some kind of mental breakdown.

What do you think?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature