00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rumbeeart just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

962,366 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-22 08:27:38

At 5/22/10 12:36 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 5/22/10 12:21 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: the lols just keep coming.
for those of you who liked hot na'vi sex
Watch this SNL Clip for even more lols
God dammit I can't use hulu! >:(

Me neither. Screw you hulu

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-22 19:52:09

Well, that feared time of the year has come at last. Until the end of the month, my brother and me will have to attend nearly all the damnd day my elder brother's stand at the local book fair.
So all my current projects will have to be on hold and I'll be quite unable to do almost anything...
...Almost.
Today, we were visited by Caillou!
All the small children got very surprised to see their favourite cartoon character was, in person, much taller than they expected... And his hand was always held by an aged man who I can only suppose he was his granpa (Don't really know, I just can't stand that darn show.). Yet, everybody frolicked about this quite peculiar fact.
But anyway, Caillou did his best to entertain the little fellas! Yay!

I'll try to post here as many graphic reports about the book fair as I can.

Drawing made while at the booth, inked just now at home. Now going to bed. G'night.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-22 23:16:50

At 5/22/10 07:52 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: But anyway, Caillou did his best to entertain the little fellas! Yay!

God, what a horrible show.
Anyways, I just had my first day of work today.
I'm working at an amusement park as a games salesman, and I must say, it is enjoyable yelling at people to try and get them to play. I was actually hired for the busiest game in the park because my pitch at my interview was so good. I owe it all to the fun we have on stickam.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 00:04:04

may be two pages late, but this is to honor jonny's new love of ME2

Don't me with dis penguin

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 02:49:47

At 5/23/10 12:04 AM, DNoack757 wrote: may be two pages late, but this is to honor jonny's new love of ME2
Don't me with dis penguin

That peguin is dope...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 16:56:27

I'm thinking of doing something for robot day.
I wanna do something cool and some what epic, even possibly an animation, even though I may not be able to get it up on NG do to size.
But the question comes down to what to do.
any ideas?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 16:57:53

At 5/23/10 04:56 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'm thinking of doing something for robot day.
I wanna do something cool and some what epic, even possibly an animation, even though I may not be able to get it up on NG do to size.
any ideas?

im just sticking with artwork, probably redesigns of the ng bots, animation, gotta be something set to domo origato mr roboto

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 16:59:25

At 5/23/10 04:57 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 5/23/10 04:56 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'm thinking of doing something for robot day.
any ideas?
im just sticking with artwork, probably redesigns of the ng bots, animation, gotta be something set to domo origato mr roboto

that is a possibility.
If I do an animation, it will most likely be 3D. I kind of need something fresh for my demo reel anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 17:49:48

Cowboy Bebop OST = My favorite soundtrack from a TV show.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:27:29

At 5/23/10 05:49 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Cowboy Bebop OST = My favorite soundtrack from a TV show.

its cool; but I might just like "the green hornet OST" better

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:43:13

At 5/23/10 06:27 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 5/23/10 05:49 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Cowboy Bebop OST = My favorite soundtrack from a TV show.
its cool; but I might just like "the green hornet OST" better

speaking of OSTs and Similar compilations, Any one remember 2.B.A. Master?

that was kind of a dumb question.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:44:18

At 5/23/10 04:56 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: But the question comes down to what to do.
any ideas?

Me and Saurus are planning to do a flash for it.
He wants to get back into animating, and I'll be voicing it.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:44:42

At 5/23/10 06:43 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Any one remember 2.B.A. Master?

OHMYGODNOIDONT!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:45:53

At 5/23/10 06:44 PM, J-qb wrote:
OHMYGODNOIDONT!

GO Jonny GO GO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:48:43

At 5/23/10 06:45 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
OHMYGODNOIDONT!
GO Jonny GO GO!!!

yur doin it wrong

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:50:05

At 5/23/10 06:45 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
OHMYGODNOIDONT!
GO Jonny GO GO!!!

I've already sang it numerous times on Stickam in the past, it's old now.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-23 18:54:29

At 5/23/10 06:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I've already sang it numerous times on Stickam in the past, it's old now.

still worth a laugh

Funny though. When I got it out a couple months ago and copied it to my computer all the titles came out in Spanish. o.0.... the cd was bought at a Walmart in Pittsburg Kansas

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 00:54:11

Speaking of laughs, I just watched "MacGruber" tonight. The funniest movie I've seen all year, and probably will be the funniest movie I'll see all year.
I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a while.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 04:56:01

More Hulu Movie dropping time.

This first one is a strong emotionally moving film. It start Robin Williams, thats usually a pretty good start lol.
Called Jakob The Liar

The Second is a Horror movie set in World War I. It has some pretty unique twist endings. The movie it's self has really nothing to do with the war, but it's mostly about humanity and the choices men make and don't make.
Called Deathwatch

these are some great entertainment. Sadly though I think about half of you cannot get Hulu in your countries. But if you can I would suggest trying to see them some time. Especially Jakob The Liar.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 07:10:14

At 5/23/10 06:44 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Me and Saurus are planning to do a flash for it.
He wants to get back into animating, and I'll be voicing it.

Saurus animates!? :O .... it seems he does, quite outdated though.

At 5/24/10 04:56 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: More Hulu Movie dropping time.

Are you purposely posting videos from Hulu cos I can't watch them?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 07:56:24

At 5/24/10 07:10 AM, CloudEater wrote: Are you purposely posting videos from Hulu cos I can't watch them?

well.... not intentionally. it just kind of happens that way :P
but I don't think Gumby can access Hulu either and I'm sure Jonny has made it clear he cannot...

I attend Hulu so much because other than Here or Video games and Dvd's i have played thousands of times, it's about my only choice for good free and fresh entertainment ....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 08:02:35

At 5/24/10 07:56 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I attend Hulu so much because other than Here or Video games and Dvd's i have played thousands of times, it's about my only choice for good free and fresh entertainment ....

You should find a better entertainment site that you can share with everyone. I'm not sure what if it's just a regular video sharing place or not but it's shit from what I've seen of it so far.

and I accidentally bumped that thread cos for some reason I was on the second page of the art portal and I thought it was recent but then I looked at the date's and was like... oh shi :S

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 08:24:07

At 5/24/10 08:02 AM, CloudEater wrote: You should find a better entertainment site that you can share with everyone. I'm not sure what if it's just a regular video sharing place or not but it's shit from what I've seen of it so far.

Careful with jumping to conclusions Cloudy.
I'm not defending Hulu's world wide streaming policies, but for the most part it is a really good site, especially for those of us who cannot afford cable.

Hulu isn't a video sharing site, it's well... a movie and TV streaming site.
it has about 80% of the most popular and current TV shows. Obviously from the US, it shows the current episodes usually 1 day after it's air on normal television. some are on a 8 day delay, but it is still quite nice to see what is going on in pop culture at the time.
Lets have an example. say some one is a fan of "Lost" but cannot watch it due to work, not home, no cable/satellite etc... Hulu provides a chance to see the most recent episode at your leisure. Again a nice convenience.
It is free, and their are few ads and they tie in similar to regular TV commercials.

The movie section, I will admit needs a much better library, but from time to time they upload a good flick or two. The movie section has also let me see a couple films I have never seen before but found good or even a taste of different types of movies.

As for it's limited streaming of movies to other countries. it all comes down to the rights that the site can secure. Since it is a free site paid for by ad and what little celebrities and donors that support it, it can only buy so many rights. Sadly usually those rights are only for the us and maybe a couple other countries.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 08:39:19

At 5/24/10 08:24 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/24/10 08:02 AM, CloudEater wrote: You should find a better entertainment site that you can share with everyone. I'm not sure what if it's just a regular video sharing place or not but it's shit from what I've seen of it so far.
Careful with jumping to conclusions Cloudy.
I'm not defending Hulu's world wide streaming policies, but for the most part it is a really good site, especially for those of us who cannot afford cable.

Well I now know alot more about Hulu... and no conclusions were jumped to, I just stated that from what I have seen it's a boring site (mainly because I haven't seen anything besides "Sorry your not from the US, piss off") lol XD. So Kinsei I haven't seen you on stikcam lately... or msn ever :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 08:44:00

At 5/24/10 08:39 AM, CloudEater wrote: So Kinsei I haven't seen you on stikcam lately... or msn ever :P

been busy... very....
I have told others, but I don't think you were around to read, but I had to rebuild my entire website and almost all my portfolio projects.

yeah Hulu isn't real friendly to other countries yet... sorry, but still if you come across those vids at a store or something, check them out.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 09:24:36

At 5/24/10 08:44 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: been busy... very....
I have told others, but I don't think you were around to read, but I had to rebuild my entire website and almost all my portfolio projects.

Oh no! Not the tehJD... also I think you need to upgrade your logo, the gradients look cheap. If you want I can redesign the logo for you or come up with a new/better website layout.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 11:40:40

Kinsei, there are a few other sites that provide the same service as Hulu, it's just that Hulu is more reliable, but it's only available in the US.
So, no more Hulu talk, I beg of you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 12:19:48

At 5/24/10 11:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Kinsei, there are a few other sites that provide the same service as Hulu, it's just that Hulu is more reliable, but it's only available in the US.
So, no more Hulu talk, I beg of you.

damn, i thought i could get it, damn hulu american exclusives, no more hulu now, next topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 12:22:11

At 5/24/10 12:19 PM, Ashman wrote: no more hulu now, next topic

New topic.... is.... Chinese Organ Thieves, what are your thoughts/opinions on them?

shit, its 2am, school in 7 hours :(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-24 12:24:36

At 5/24/10 12:22 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 5/24/10 12:19 PM, Ashman wrote: no more hulu now, next topic
New topic.... is.... Chinese Organ Thieves, what are your thoughts/opinions on them?
shit, its 2am, school in 7 hours :(

people really shouldnt steal the pianos from churches, i mean come on