Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 04:37:58 Reply

At 2/16/10 04:02 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 2/16/10 03:40 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: yeah sadly they were smarter than we hoped for,
now shall we change subjects before banning commences?
something Nae hinted at a few days ago >.>....
yes we shall....

This is an extremely fucked up movie, some people might call it creative... I wont link to the movie but this is basically how it goes > TEXT < it's interesting that someone actually decided to make this. Thoughts?

wow....
honestly, where did you learn of that film? o.0.....
did you watch it by mistake? if so I feel really sorry for you. it sounds not only really bad, but asif some one was trying to get a message across in the most violent way they could...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 11:13:34 Reply

At 2/16/10 01:58 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Ok my Ban Medal is up in on my page

Haw Haw, looks like a child did it!
Take it back and make it good please.

Soz

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 11:39:05 Reply

At 2/16/10 11:13 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
At 2/16/10 01:58 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Ok my Ban Medal is up in on my page
Haw Haw, looks like a child did it!
Take it back and make it good please.

Soz

think of the good side, if your caught unarmed it makes a handy dandy mace

tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 14:08:40 Reply

so does anyone know what happened to madlabs

prior to his account being deleted I saw that mindchamber posted something on his most recent newspost about stolen art, not sure on the specifics

just wondering cause I liked seeing his stuff here

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 14:14:04 Reply

At 2/16/10 02:08 PM, tmkunt wrote: so does anyone know what happened to madlabs

prior to his account being deleted I saw that mindchamber posted something on his most recent newspost about stolen art, not sure on the specifics

From what I'v gathered
He was stealing art from 2 people, noticing it was 2 people's art Mindchamber got suspicious and found out all the art he was claiming was actually an extremely elaborate fansite claiming as who ever he was stealing from.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 14:53:57 Reply

At 2/16/10 02:08 PM, tmkunt wrote: so does anyone know what happened to madlabs

From what I know:
He uploaded 3 pics on Saturday, and Imagination went on Front Page. This pic can be foundd on his web-site
On one of the reviews he said he painted it last month.
A TinEye search finds the same pic (although at a lower res) on a Chinese website.
Which is dated the 2nd of November from last year.

The link at the bottom of the page leads to So.PineNut's gallery, another Chinese bloke.
This site yields the second pic he uploaded that day,
dated the 14th of June 2009.
The third pic can be found from the same artist on a different Blog site.

That's all I passed on to MC.

Had a further root around, and I found some of MADLAB's flickr.com stuff comes from an artist on ConceptArt.org.

BBS Signature
Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 15:50:28 Reply

I heard about some of the madlabs stuff, now after what you said TOAS, all i can say is wow.....

goes to show if you do something right you can get away with it for some time, until you get stupid, as in this case...

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.
ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 15:54:26 Reply

Yeah, ornery was telling us about Madlabs the other day on skype when we we're discussion art thieves and reporting and such.
Things like that just make you sit and wonder...

Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 15:59:47 Reply

At 2/16/10 03:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, ornery was telling us about Madlabs the other day on skype when we we're discussion art thieves and reporting and such.
Things like that just make you sit and wonder...

Yhea, anyone could be stealing art. It could be you, It could be him, IT COULD BE ME?

lolol, im sorry, but i had to do that. open opputunity was taken

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 16:55:36 Reply

At 2/16/10 03:59 PM, Snowman wrote:
Yhea, anyone could be stealing art. It could be you, It could be him, IT COULD BE ME?

All my art is made by a trained monkey!!!!

I'm hairy enough....

and btw that medal is only about the size of a quarter....

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 17:10:36 Reply

At 2/16/10 04:55 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/16/10 03:59 PM, Snowman wrote:
All my art is made by a trained monkey!!!!
I'm hairy enough....
and btw that medal is only about the size of a quarter....

what kind of medal is that, its pathetic, bigger is better, unless you fire it out of something hmmm or throw really fast

in before thats what she said post
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 17:17:14 Reply

At 2/16/10 05:10 PM, ashman112 wrote: what kind of medal is that, its pathetic, bigger is better, unless you fire it out of something hmmm or throw really fast
in before thats what she said post

It's just super sculpey that I sculpted, baked and painted. >.>....I learned how to use super sculpey in my sculpture for animation class. I just didn't spend much time on this, honestly no more then 5 monuets :P

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 17:19:20 Reply

That medal is almost as ugly as the 2010 Olympic medals.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:09:12 Reply

At 2/16/10 05:19 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: That medal is almost as ugly as the 2010 Olympic medals.

lol
thats just awesome.
Anyway I have started the paint job on my second medal

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:14:08 Reply

Kinseeeeei, we've been missing you on iScribble. We're trippin, man, trippin bad. Wish you were here, but you'll see the fruits of our efforts soon.

Next time don't get banned. Was it worth it for the medal?

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:16:29 Reply

At 2/16/10 09:14 PM, Wivernryder wrote:
Next time don't get banned. Was it worth it for the medal?

yes, yes it was...
:P

I just checked... still banned...... I guess when I do something I do it good >:3

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:26:00 Reply

it looks pretty bad if you look at the full size, the paint is a little thick, I should have thinned it.

But here is my Ban Medal, again!!!

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:29:21 Reply

Kinsei, what board was it that flipped out at you again? They need to be shown your pride.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:31:32 Reply

At 2/16/10 09:29 PM, Wivernryder wrote: Kinsei, what board was it that flipped out at you again? They need to be shown your pride.

lol it was farm animals (dogs?) RP...

BBS Signature
Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:44:25 Reply

unfortunately, i did not save any screenshots from that board

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:47:16 Reply

At 2/16/10 09:41 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Really now? Screenshots or it did not happen.

I'm not sure how effective that statement is in this case, cause a permanent ban is pretty substantial evidence.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 21:48:34 Reply

At 2/16/10 09:47 PM, Wivernryder wrote:
At 2/16/10 09:41 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Really now? Screenshots or it did not happen.
I'm not sure how effective that statement is in this case, cause a permanent ban is pretty substantial evidence.

yeah.... I'd say a perm ban holds a pretty strong case in my favor on this one :P

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:00:34 Reply

At 2/16/10 04:55 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: All my art is made by a trained monkey!!!!

Actually that brings up a really intresting topic that has been the talk around the water coolers in the art world as of late.

Lots of artists who are famous/ becoming famous DON'T actually produce their own work. Jeff Koons for example has all his stuff made in factories by other people, yet it is still considered his. We recently had a talk by this artist couple, which during the discussion they mentioned that they don't do any of their own paintings, instead they have hired studios in china do the work for them, however again they get all the credit and glory and no mention of the actual artist is ever seen. They see nothing wrong with this, and its surprisingly split sides on the issue. Some people believe that its not really their stuff, others say its the idea that matters more than the final product in these cases so they deserve full credit.

Its really interesting to see which side people take, its pretty surprising. Ive seen hardcore traditionalists side with the artists, and open minded wackos who agree with everything adamantly object to the practice of getting others to do your work then claim its yours because you thought of it.

Personally I am against it, if you didn't make it then it ain't fucking yours. But people argue that this has been going on for centuries. The great Renaissance masters had schools and apprentices doing most of the actual work on their paintings. Many artists today do similar. Robert Rauschenberg was known for having a team of assistants who did the actual work for him, all he did was design the compositions then they did the physical assembling. The same can be said about many recent sculptors. They think of the concept, and have their workers make the physical piece (and I'm not talking about architects).

How much of the artist's hand though needs to be in the piece for it to truley be theirs though. Chuck Close being wheelchair bound gets his assistants to prep his canvases (stretch, assemble and grid as well as oftentimes drawing out the outlines of the painting) then Chuck just colors in the lines. Could that be considered like doing a coloring book?

Just something to think about (and get shit back onto an art related topic)

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:04:48 Reply

Stickam anyone?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:12:37 Reply

At 2/16/10 11:00 PM, ornery wrote:
At 2/16/10 04:55 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: All my art is made by a trained monkey!!!!
Actually that brings up a really intresting topic that has been the talk around the water coolers in the art world as of late.

Lots of artists who are famous/ becoming famous DON'T actually produce their own work. Jeff Koons for example has all his stuff made in factories by other people, yet it is still considered his. We recently had a talk by this artist couple, which during the discussion they mentioned that they don't do any of their own paintings, instead they have hired studios in china do the work for them, however again they get all the credit and glory and no mention of the actual artist is ever seen. They see nothing wrong with this, and its surprisingly split sides on the issue. Some people believe that its not really their stuff, others say its the idea that matters more than the final product in these cases so they deserve full credit.

Its really interesting to see which side people take, its pretty surprising. Ive seen hardcore traditionalists side with the artists, and open minded wackos who agree with everything adamantly object to the practice of getting others to do your work then claim its yours because you thought of it.

Personally I am against it, if you didn't make it then it ain't fucking yours. But people argue that this has been going on for centuries. The great Renaissance masters had schools and apprentices doing most of the actual work on their paintings. Many artists today do similar. Robert Rauschenberg was known for having a team of assistants who did the actual work for him, all he did was design the compositions then they did the physical assembling. The same can be said about many recent sculptors. They think of the concept, and have their workers make the physical piece (and I'm not talking about architects).

How much of the artist's hand though needs to be in the piece for it to truley be theirs though. Chuck Close being wheelchair bound gets his assistants to prep his canvases (stretch, assemble and grid as well as oftentimes drawing out the outlines of the painting) then Chuck just colors in the lines. Could that be considered like doing a coloring book?

Just something to think about (and get shit back onto an art related topic)

Actually when you mentioned this I thought you were going to go in to the animation aspect of artwork.
for a watered down example, 90% oa all animation Created here in the U.S. are actually produced and drawn over seas. But the original creators or the signing network seem to get all the credit. You hardly ever hear of the poor guy over in India who is working his butt off for a couple bucks to make animation. But you have to ask, who does deserve the credit in this case. the guy who came up with the idea or the guy who actually drew it.

It's quite similar but much more notorious for 3D animation. the bigger houses like Pixar or Dream works, license out most of there work to different smaller houses around the country. But when the credits roll on the big scree, yeah the smaller house's name might be in there somewhere, but it was the big house that gets the big print.

But we could also consider that last example as a "commission work" type of case. The question is, Is it right to get someone else to do your work for you?

BBS Signature
Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:19:01 Reply

But we could also consider that last example as a "commission work" type of case. The question is, Is it right to get someone else to do your work for you?

Not at all. If I were the person to make it, I would want credit for it, these people overseas (and as much as i do hate foreign outsourcing) really do deserve credit. I dont understand why some of these people feel that they have to do something like this, If they built thier career by making all of this art they should beable to keep making art no problem. Its most likely because they are rich pricks, that adds into it abit, they think they can do anything.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:30:28 Reply

At 2/16/10 11:19 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 2/16/10 11:04 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Stickam anyone?
Are you using the same one as the general uses?

No, its a different room, and it's just a bunch of us art guys at the moment.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:31:57 Reply

At 2/16/10 11:19 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 2/16/10 11:04 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Stickam anyone?
Are you using the same one as the general uses?

no its an art forum room now people get in here while people are still active

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:44:20 Reply

At 2/16/10 11:31 PM, ashman112 wrote: no its an art forum room now people get in here while people are still active

Too good for the normal NG stickam room? Stop being snooty and go mingle with people who aren't from the art forum.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-16 23:51:13 Reply

At 2/16/10 11:12 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Actually when you mentioned this I thought you were going to go in to the animation aspect of artwork.

The difference with animation and movies is that they tend to be group efforts anyway, so no one person generally gets credit. Even in movies where people tend to credit a particular actor or director as being the main driving force of the movie, there is still a giant credits list where all those involved get mentioned, either directly or indirectly.

With these artists they are getting works tied directly to their name with maybe a special thanks blurb at the most if they are feeling generous. It would be like Tarantino taking 100% credit for all aspects of Kill Bill (which i wouldnt put past him if he could get away with it). But with movies this could never happen because its widely known that they take massive teams of people to make. Artworks however that are generally a single man project are a different story. If you involve someone else in your work is it really just yours? How would you feel as the assistant to some sculptor, and you assembled the entire thing they just told you where stuff went, but you cant ever tell people that its "your work" because A. no one would believe you and B. there is no mention of you anywhere.