00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Okidou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,840 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-19 08:15:09

At 2/19/10 04:58 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Captain-Ben! Late night avenger!

Better watch out!

I'll sneak into your room, make fun of you, and sleep on your floor!

Waugh, were it not for the jibes and loud snoring, I would have mistaken you for my cat! By the way, you left your keys.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-19 10:34:08

Sup guys , what's the best and easiest software to begin drawing some non - complex animations , sprites or just a simple button? I was considering getting myself Photoshop , but maybe other suggestions ? Because that software costs a little too much , but it's no problem.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-19 12:57:51

At 2/19/10 10:34 AM, DaliuXas wrote: Sup guys , what's the best and easiest software to begin drawing some non - complex animations , sprites or just a simple button? I was considering getting myself Photoshop , but maybe other suggestions ? Because that software costs a little too much , but it's no problem.

Windows movie maker?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-19 20:28:49

At 2/19/10 09:26 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 2/18/10 11:36 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Late night Stickam round 3 anyone?
The room must be really something during the later hours.

Yes it is.... Stickam SESH 4!! ...GOGOGO!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-19 20:39:49

At 2/19/10 08:28 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 2/19/10 09:26 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 2/18/10 11:36 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Late night Stickam round 3 anyone?
The room must be really something during the later hours.
Yes it is.... Stickam SESH 4!! ...GOGOGO!

what we really need is a thread just for the art forum stickam, would save on clutter in the lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 15:47:42

Hi, what did I miss?

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 17:54:28

At 2/20/10 03:47 PM, RNNR wrote: Hi, what did I miss?

a good amount, Stickam sessions, some iscribble luls, Skype mashes, and on and on

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:08:37

At 2/20/10 05:54 PM, Snowman wrote:
a good amount, Stickam sessions, some iscribble luls, Skype mashes, and on and on

Also some excellent iScribble times.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:09:40

At 2/20/10 08:08 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/20/10 05:54 PM, Snowman wrote:
Also some excellent iScribble times.

yeah some really good I scribble times

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:13:03

when you submit stuff to the art portal, what does it have to be of?
Does it have to be a certin thing in order to submit it?
All i like to draw, is some weapons, mostly swords, costumes for a rp person i do, and one ting i love to do it take my favorte care, the mini copper >: D and turn it in to something else, like modifying the body.

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:14:46

At 2/20/10 08:13 PM, nothingmater wrote: when you submit stuff to the art portal, what does it have to be of?
Does it have to be a certin thing in order to submit it?
All i like to draw, is some weapons, mostly swords, costumes for a rp person i do, and one ting i love to do it take my favorte care, the mini copper >: D and turn it in to something else, like modifying the body.

naw your are more than welcome to post any art you want as long as long it is in the rules

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:20:03

ok just wanted to make sure cuz when i look its all people, and its all colored. I dont color and i don't do faces at all. So i had to ask

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:29:37

your not scouted so it wont show up in the portal anyway until then, nothing to worry about

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:31:35

what you mean by scouted?
i only ever do audio submissions so i haven't a clue what that means

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:40:52

At 2/20/10 08:31 PM, nothingmater wrote: what you mean by scouted?
i only ever do audio submissions so i haven't a clue what that means

All this is in the faq, but basically, someone who is already scouted, vouches for you and says "this guys ligit" and lo and behold, you are scouted.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:42:22

oh.... now i feel stupid.. but that happens normally >.>
now on to meh mini coppers >: D

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:46:52

when you say favourite care the mini copper, do you mean to say "my favourite CAR the mini COOPER"

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 20:57:41

yah my favorite 2 cars are the lotus elise, and the mini copper
both are cars.
I cant do the lotus, so i like to modify the mini cooper :]

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 22:45:50

well the mini coopers are up, and i forgot how bad they look on the computer.. now how do ya get scouted?

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 22:48:17

At 2/20/10 10:45 PM, nothingmater wrote: well the mini coopers are up, and i forgot how bad they look on the computer.. now how do ya get scouted?

one you need 4 pieces its all in the faq, 2 not being mean or anything but i dont think these are scout worthy

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-20 23:10:04

yah i know i figured as much

i like pie ^^

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 14:20:20

Lol, I got frontpaged!

No, I didn't do it. =P

Art Forum Lounge

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 16:13:50

At 2/21/10 02:24 PM, Dexter3000 wrote:
At 2/21/10 02:20 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
No, I didn't do it. =P
Are you sure you didn't do it?XD

Of course he didn't do it. His self-esteem is too low to frontpage himself :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:06:31

At 2/21/10 02:24 PM, Dexter3000 wrote:
Are you sure you didn't do it?XD

Pretty sure.

At 2/21/10 04:13 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Of course he didn't do it. His self-esteem is too low to frontpage himself :P

What are you talking about? I am MOD (x2), my self esteem is immense. =P

---

~Disorganization & the artistic temprement~

I am, by far, the most disorganized person I know. Someone once told me that disorganization goes hand in hand with being a creative or artistic person. Over the past four days (yes, four days) I've been in the process of cleaning and oranizing my place, and, while it looks a hundred times better and I AM glad to have dusted and vacuumed, it feels somewhat foreign and uncomfortable to me now.

So, I'm curious, are y'all a bunch of disorganized slobs like me? Neat freaks? Middle-of-the-road types? How tidy are you?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:11:58

At 2/21/10 06:06 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: ~Disorganization & the artistic temprement~

I am, by far, the most disorganized person I know. Someone once told me that disorganization goes hand in hand with being a creative or artistic person.

really, ill have to use that as an excuse

Over the past four days (yes, four days) I've been in the process of cleaning and oranizing my place, and, while it looks a hundred times better and I AM glad to have dusted and vacuumed, it feels somewhat foreign and uncomfortable to me now.

So, I'm curious, are y'all a bunch of disorganized slobs like me? Neat freaks? Middle-of-the-road types? How tidy are you?

im as disorganised and lazy as is humanly possible, if thats a sign of being artistic then im way past artistic lol

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:12:19

Well, while I don't exactly spend four days trying to clean up, I constantly have this nagging feeling of "This could be organized better" at the back of my head. My desk has ridiculously little space. I got sketchbooks scattered all over the place. I got watercolour paintings sitting on the shelf while I figure out how to unwrinkle them. I save things on my computer into wrong folders out of lazyness.
Typically, I just let them all slide. But this mess accumulates until it bursts out in an SUPER-ANGRY-CLEANING-RAMPAGE. After that venting all is well for a month or two, then....rinse, repeat.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:15:26

I wouldn't exactly say I'm neat, but I would say I'm organized. I like to make piles of shit on my desk, organized by what they are, how often they're used, etc etc. And like I separate my drawers based on contents.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:44:59

At 2/21/10 06:06 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:

---

~Disorganization & the artistic temprement~

I am, by far, the most disorganized person I know. Someone once told me that disorganization goes hand in hand with being a creative or artistic person. Over the past four days (yes, four days) I've been in the process of cleaning and oranizing my place, and, while it looks a hundred times better and I AM glad to have dusted and vacuumed, it feels somewhat foreign and uncomfortable to me now.

I'm pretty disorganized. My room isn't dirty; I keep all my clothes in a dresser or a hamper and my trash in a bin. However, my basic setup is that I have a desk that I hardly use covered with doodles, different pairs of headphones, whether functional or not, school notes, and my eclectic items of decoration.Then, between my desk and my bed is a chair, which I keep all my jackets, which there are a lot of, in a pile, as well as my backpack. The really messy area is around my bed. I keep my laptop and my tablet on my nightstand, but around my bed are my violin, my stand, my sheet music, more doodles, notebooks, and lots of other shit. All my schoolwork is basically just thrown in my backpack; I have binders, but I hardly use them properly. The only organized binder I have is the one I keep all my drawings in.
I'm not sure if my disorganization has anything to do with being creative so much as that I don't feel like it's a problem. I never lose shit, I'm just not careful in where I put it.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:55:00

I am incredibly disorganized.Well,in places.My bedroom is really very messy.Clothes and paper everywhere.My desk in my kitchen (where my computer is) is destroyed as well.Other than those two places I try to keep the place tidy.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-02-21 18:57:31

Hrmm, I've noticed that I'm the only organized one...

and that my art is the lowest level

Maybe I should stop being organized?