00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KouteiFK just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,803 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 16:20:32

At 12/23/08 03:27 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I think I have my first imitator... unless this is some kind of insane coincidence. Weird.

lol...congrats? (we all know it's your secret Pokemon-obsessed alt! :P)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 16:47:47

At 12/23/08 03:54 PM, Splurda wrote:
lol yeah it is a coincidence, ist kreig basically means is cool, that is weird.

Wow, that is unreal... lol.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 18:10:06

I am so unmotivated to draw

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 18:14:49

At 12/23/08 06:10 PM, austinzombie wrote: I am so unmotivated to draw

Yeah, that happens to everyone from time to time. I don't think you can force creativity.

Hmm...
Music, for me, is a great source of inspiration. If you take some time out to just chill and listen to some music you like, it might help get your creativity flowing...

*needs to take own advice*

What helps motivate you guys?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 20:00:45

Don't make fun of me, but I look at the sky. Clouds' shapes give me inspiration for trippy/cool pictures.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 20:04:20

At 12/23/08 06:14 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
*needs to take own advice*
What helps motivate you guys?

Anything and everything, from music to memories, from abstract shapes to sexy women and from food to the chemical properties of carbon dioxide.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 20:08:50

At 12/23/08 06:14 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: What helps motivate you guys?

right now ....nothing :'(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 22:25:42

Other people's work. I think "Hey, that looks awesome! Maybe I could be that good! Better get to work!"... It's working so far :3

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 23:48:08

my motivation is thinking about actually finishing something and how well it will look.

procrastination gets in the way sometimes...

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 23:52:42

tons of motivation and inspiration from ffffound.com as well as from behance.net
that stuff always gets me moving

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 16:33:35

The problem with music is that I always put a movie or film to it, and not neccisarily drawing - which is great for all of my unfinished flashes, but not good for drawing.

It seems like the biggest improvements or inspiration in my work is usally when I'm dead tired (my room is covered in prints i've made when I can't sleep) or when I'm dead bored. Of course I see all these things that really amaze me (clouds, water, textures like fur or feathers) that I would like to draw, but I'm just not talented enough yet.

On a side note, I'd just like to ask does anyone else notice things that are so obvious yet so awesome at random times in your life? An example is how I recently was like Woah, lakes have land underneath that we never will see unustructed by the water, and the water is like in a bowl or container in the land. It's hard to explain but I find that so exiting

Man, I'm fucked.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 21:01:07

I mainly get motivated by looking at other people's art. Every now and then i roll on over to Alex Pardees website and look at how much of a baller he is, than wish i was a baller. So i go and make some art so i can be a baller just like all my favorite artists.

Same thing goes when i see some really good graffiti, i get the urge to practice my lettering so i can get better.

And on a strange note i just realized that i never really listen to music when i draw or paint, seems like most people get their motivation from music, and right now i can't think of the last time i drew or painted or anything while listening to music....crazy

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 21:39:48

speaking of painting, I think my fear of painting has to do with the fact that I always mix way to much that I don't need and then waste all my money on paint I didn't use

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 23:06:03

so just mix less paint :-P you can always mix more if you need it.

and if you have excess and don't want to waste it, i've found that just putting it in a small tupperware container and seal it with plastic wrap works to keep it for a while, not forever but a while. But you need to seal it tight

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 23:10:10

At 12/24/08 09:39 PM, austinzombie wrote: speaking of painting, I think my fear of painting has to do with the fact that I always mix way to much that I don't need and then waste all my money on paint I didn't use

I do that all the time! My solution: get a fresh canvas and glob it the fuck on, when it dries you have some awesome texture to work with. =]

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 23:13:38

kewl! its about frikin time! can i start off by asking: where do i get the program to draw art? (not that frikin paint shit i'm talkin about high quality stuff)

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 23:13:48

haha, i personally don't pre-mix my colors. I just use really watered down acrylics and paint one coat then go into it and blend and shade right on the canvas, it's more fun that way and you don't have to worry about mixing to much :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 23:16:57

all you need for painting is to buy giant buckets of yellow, blue, red white and black. you can get any color you want with them

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-24 23:39:49

At 12/24/08 11:13 PM, sweet21 wrote: kewl! its about frikin time! can i start off by asking: where do i get the program to draw art? (not that frikin paint shit i'm talkin about high quality stuff)

Well there's never going to be any one program that is the absolute best for computer art, different people have different needs and expectations for a program. You can get free trials of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, and Corel Painter, all excellent programs but each filling a different niche (and all very pricy).

The best place to start, though, is probably with something like GIMP or Paint.NET, both are free, lightyears beyond MS-Paint and should be enough to get you started. ;]

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-25 00:18:36

OK kewl, thanks

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-25 03:13:38

Happy holidays to all, and to all a good night (I'm going to bed! lol)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-25 03:17:52

happy holidays art forum lounge. So if anyone could give me some advice on how to get out of this annoy ARTIST block, it would be much appreciated.

But it looks like alot of us are having artist block. must be the time of year.

DAMN YOU EGG NOG AND YOUR NOGGY GOODNESS!!!!
sorry you had to see that.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-25 04:09:34

At 12/25/08 03:17 AM, g-kwan155 wrote: happy holidays art forum lounge. So if anyone could give me some advice on how to get out of this annoy ARTIST block, it would be much appreciated.

Read a good book and draw summat from that. Maybe a book you get for Christmas! ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-26 00:44:19

thanks Turkeyonastick. That actually sounds like a great idea. Heck I did get a new book for christmas. Sweet.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 18:29:35

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 18:41:14

At 12/29/08 06:29 PM, PieLover61 wrote: Holy shit!

I wish I could draw glass that realistically.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 18:44:54

At 12/29/08 06:29 PM, PieLover61 wrote: Holy shit!

Dayuuum!!

So... I'm sitting here at work with pretty much nothing to do (well, stuff I should be doing, but don't 'want' to). So we should have some sort of 4-hour art project, battle, or collab ...something like the red line (only different). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:01:34

At 12/29/08 06:44 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?!

Umm... How about the Art Forum Neighborhood? Each person draws a house and yard that somehow connects with the yards on either side of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:12:54

At 12/29/08 06:44 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: So... I'm sitting here at work with pretty much nothing to do (well, stuff I should be doing, but don't 'want' to).

[hurriedly looks at things around room]

4-hour art project,

Spam fest within 4 hours? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

collab ...something like the red line (only different).

Plastic model sprues.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-29 19:14:56

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

F*ck yeah.

You mean NOW, Renae? Because I'm totally bored and totally need something to do totally.

Formerly PieLover61