00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

For God's Sake.

1,144 Views | 25 Replies

For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 00:55:50

Well, this seems to be a reoccuring process for me. I always seem to get some dickknob rating my songs down cause he doesn't like the Genre. Now, I make trance. I love it like I love my penis. If I come across something that isn't trance. I don't blam it right away cause' I don't listen to that kind of music. I'll listen to it and rate it on the quality, mixing, etc. I give the song a fair go unlike this absolute asshole. I look at one of my new song's reviews and I see "This music is for idiots". Now, first off, why are you listening to it if it's for idiots. 2nd off, why are you rating and reviewing it if it's for idiots, why don't you just leave it? 3rd, if you can't respect Genre's other than the ones you like, why are you here? Now, the point I'm trying to get across here is, don't go blamming songs and telling the artists they suck just because the song is Trance or D&B or whatever. If you you come across something you don't like, just leave it and don't rate it or review it, just go listen to something else. If you do this shit, it';s just proving that you're an ignorant, disrespectful, moron old who makes himself feel good by putting others down on the internet.

This is just a point I wanted to get across as I see it all the time. "Trance sucks, it's made by computers", "This sucks, I only listen to pop music". Blah blah blah. I know this won't make a difference but if you never try, you never know.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 01:06:46

At 1/29/08 12:55 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote: ...I know this won't make a difference but if you never try, you never know.

But try a few more times, and your just dumb.

Get over it, it always happens to everyone, blah blah blah...

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 01:17:39

No one is nice nowdays are they. Alright, forget it! I never said anything ok. I'm too 'dumb' to speak my opinion.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 01:22:16

At 1/29/08 01:17 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote: No one is nice nowdays are they. Alright, forget it! I never said anything ok. I'm too 'dumb' to speak my opinion.

Sorry for the... aggressive/ angry wording, but after almost a year of the same stuff over and over again, and a late night for me, I tend to choose wrong words and get angry.

Your opinion is always welcome in places like the "AP Evolution #2" and "Underdog" threads ;)

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 01:23:01

At 1/29/08 01:17 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote: No one is nice nowdays are they. Alright, forget it! I never said anything ok. I'm too 'dumb' to speak my opinion.

I respect your opinion and agree with you completely. Unfortunately this is a voting democracy, and in democracies, even idiots get power.

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 01:24:28

Yea, well I'm starting to realise maybe I should just shutup from now on.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 10:23:16

this is kind of a fake problem ...
how many people put their music on NG just for gathering ... votes ?

why don't people here talk about music or things that are about music ?
what is your motivation to make your music ? just the hope that an unknown guy will click on a icon with 5 on it ?
i have a proposal :
why don't you find a producer or a way to sell your music ? (make theatre music or backgrounds for radio advertising ...)
and put here what you do for passion, put here stuff that you do for yourself and DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT 0-bombers ?

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 11:04:29

At 1/29/08 10:23 AM, sorohanro wrote: this is kind of a fake problem ...

what is your motivation to make your music ? just the hope that an unknown guy will click on a icon with 5 on it ?

When you put it that way, this site sounds kinda dumb...

i have a proposal :
why don't you find a producer or a way to sell your music ? (make theatre music or backgrounds for radio advertising ...)
and put here what you do for passion, put here stuff that you do for yourself and DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT 0-bombers ?

There should be a thread somewhere with a list of different places to sell your music, like the flash forum has a 'sponsor review' thread.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 14:04:17

well, i tell you why i put my music here (and also to some other places like "soundclick" or "my band")

i put it here because i like to give things for free :p and i hope that some people will find it usefull and will like it.
of course i like when i have a good feedback on my works, but i don't really have to have votes to know how much i worth ... (well, helps very much when you make good money out of it)

what i try to say is:
get over voting problems
some of us are really great artists...
are you interested more in voting then in really enjoy their music?

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 14:44:45

4.52 gets you on the top 5.

My song was 4.56 and had 60+ votes and 81 downloads since I submitted it on saturday. It went down to 4.44. All I want is a chance for the top 5, but If I dont get it, its alright. It just means I should work harder :)

BBS Signature

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 14:47:41

My song was 4.56 and had 60+ votes and 81 downloads since I submitted it on saturday. It went down to 4.44. All I want is a chance for the top 5, but If I dont get it, its alright. It just means I should work harder :)

Also, loyal fans help loads.

Sorry for the Double post Moddies!

BBS Signature

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:15:48

At 1/29/08 10:23 AM, sorohanro wrote: this is kind of a fake problem ...

i have a proposal :

I'm not here for the votes, if I was, I'd be spamming my songs everywhere and getting people to sign up an account for me, etc etc. You see, I don't think anyone goes past the 40th page on the list sooo, really, if you get people giving you zero's, people aren't exactly going to hear your song. Sure, you might say "Your fans will help you out". I have about 8 of them so yes, not really a fighting army if you ask me although wthout those 8 people, I would have just had an even bigger cry and left the site or something so I thank them. The truth be told, I didn't post this for my own good so people will feel sorry for me. I posted it for my fellow artist. Now I don't care if you think I'm lying or whatever but I think everyone diserves a fair go. For all I know, there could be some amazing song out there that has gone unoticed due to some moron zeroing it for no reason. Bitch 2: fin.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:20:18

I really wish I knew how to edit my posts.. Anyway. I realise I can't do anything about this. Surely, I tried.
As I said in my last post, I only wanted to help give others a fair go. I only wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:22:21

At 1/29/08 07:15 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: I'm not here for the votes, if I was, I'd be spamming my songs everywhere and getting people to sign up an account for me, etc etc. You see, I don't think anyone goes past the 40th page on the list sooo, really, if you get people giving you zero's, people aren't exactly going to hear your song. Sure, you might say "Your fans will help you out". I have about 8 of them so yes, not really a fighting army if you ask me although wthout those 8 people, I would have just had an even bigger cry and left the site or something so I thank them. The truth be told, I didn't post this for my own good so people will feel sorry for me. I posted it for my fellow artist. Now I don't care if you think I'm lying or whatever but I think everyone diserves a fair go. For all I know, there could be some amazing song out there that has gone unoticed due to some moron zeroing it for no reason. Bitch 2: fin.

Well said. I think anyone that puts up arguement with what you've just said has no idea what they're talking about.

It also kind of makes me wonder if the top 5 of the week has become an elitist competition. As someone said earlier, fans help against the zero bombing, so perhaps there is some kind of compensation in need for someone who cannot fight them? Or maybe the top 5 should be a one time deal, where once you're on the list once, you can't place anymore. That's a very unfair rule since the point of it is supposed to convey the best songs, but we all know that a high rating does not constitute a 'good' song.

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:29:18

I just realised I'm beginning to sound like some activist trying to stop a old town clock from being destroyed or something "I just want to give them a fair go". Well, after 5 minutes of thinking why am I even bothering. I guess it's some we all have to live with so eh. I guess it's a good point that these people will always be there and this will always be something that happens so just, go with the flow. Sorry for being an annoyance.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:32:52

At 1/29/08 07:29 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: I just realised...

Yep. It's a battle you can't win.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:35:30

At 1/29/08 07:20 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: I realise I can't do anything about this.

*Realize

Loogiesquared's Tetris-Loving Alt.

BBS Signature

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:43:47

At 1/29/08 07:35 PM, TETRISNG wrote:
At 1/29/08 07:20 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: I realise I can't do anything about this.
*Realize

What are you, the local spellchecker? I do believe that's spam buddy.

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:53:18

At 1/29/08 07:43 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: What are you, the local spellchecker?

yes

I do believe that's spam buddy.

I'm tired, i'm on the computer, and i'm wearing sunglasses

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:54:06

At 1/29/08 07:53 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 1/29/08 07:43 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: What are you, the local spellchecker?
yes

Go to bed, we'll lull you to sleep. Don't worry about it.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:54:59

At 1/29/08 07:54 PM, Envy wrote:
yes
Go to bed, we'll lull you to sleep. Don't worry about it.

okay...
teddy? where's teddy?

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:56:30

At 1/29/08 07:54 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 1/29/08 07:54 PM, Envy wrote:
At 1/29/08 07:43 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote:
okay...
teddy? where's teddy?

He's... over there... AWAY from the forums. Now, just go get him.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 19:59:33

At 1/29/08 07:56 PM, Envy wrote:
He's... over there... AWAY from the forums. Now, just go get him.

found him!
He was hiding

For God's Sake.

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 20:00:00

Well, I think it's group hug time. C'mon..

yea

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 20:11:19

Realise isn't even wrong... :P It's just... British instead of American.

Meh, I've been around for about a week now or so, and I can honestly say that I don't give a rat's ass about those 0-bombers anymore. If someone doesn't like my music, fine, then they don't, whatever. As long as I think it's good... Like someone said before: this is a democratic voting system, and every democracy has its idiots.

... No, but I did see a blue Prius!

Conian -> Welcome to the chaos that is my mind, would you like to take the detour?

Response to For God's Sake. 2008-01-29 20:15:21

At 1/29/08 08:11 PM, Conian wrote: I don't give a rat's ass about those 0-bombers anymore.

me3