00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cartoonist wanted for comic strip

2,671 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 02:02:48

I would like to find a cartoonist to draw a new sequential comic strip that I'm developing. Keep in mind that it's speculation work, and you'll need to be able to draw two kids and their cat playing poker. I'm aiming for newspaper syndication as well as self syndication through poker related websites. I need to choose a cartoonist by late February. Please send me a message if you are interested, or post a reply if you have any suggestions regarding other resources or websites I might use to find cartoonists. Thanks a lot for your help!

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 02:18:38

At 1/25/08 02:02 AM, Pathnine wrote: I would like to find a cartoonist to draw a new sequential comic strip that I'm developing. Keep in mind that it's speculation work, and you'll need to be able to draw two kids and their cat playing poker. I'm aiming for newspaper syndication as well as self syndication through poker related websites. I need to choose a cartoonist by late February. Please send me a message if you are interested, or post a reply if you have any suggestions regarding other resources or websites I might use to find cartoonists. Thanks a lot for your help!

I would be glad to be your cartoonist :D
For some bucks :D :D

Not much,mybe 25-50 $ ahahhaha

You can test me to see if i am good enough or smthing :p

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 03:26:57

This is speculation work not work-for- hire work. I am looking for a co-creator to split the profits with if profits are made by the comic strip. There is no shortage of cartoonists who will do work-for-hire work, but few who will do speculation work. I am trying to appeal to those who do speculation work. On the one hand, you won't be getting any payment up front, but on the other hand, if the comic strip brings in revenue you will be entitled to 50% of it. If you arel looking for payment up front, then this is the wrong project for you, but if you love cartooning and have always wanted to collaberate on a comic strip, then I'd love to hear from you.

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 03:40:43

You want someone to make a comic strip for you??

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 03:45:31

Yes, I've already written the character descriptions for it, along with five sample comics, but I'm still searching for a cartoonist to draw them.

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 04:34:11

At 1/25/08 03:26 AM, Pathnine wrote: crap

LOL 50% split for drawings you didn't.

You have no shame

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 04:43:02

What is it about Newgrounds that attracts people whom want someone else to do work for them whilst they reap the benefits?
Seems to happen a lot lately.

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 11:17:44

Give the guy a chance, damnit. Comics are equally much about wit as art (more in some cases).

I suggest you post one of your "stories" to get more interest. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 12:04:25

I guess I could do something... nqkoi1.deviantart.com

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 12:27:55

Thanks for the advice. Here is the third sample comic I wrote...

Script #3

Panel #1: Elbow talking to Paul.
Elbow, "Pauly, how'd you like to buy a new deck of cards?"
Pauly, "Sure, how much are they?"
Panel #2
Elbow, "Yesterday six, but five today."
Pauly, "Where'd you get them anyway Elbow?"
Panel #3
Elbow, "Your dresser, why?"
Pauly (looking exasperated)

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 13:10:23

He is talking to his elbow?

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 16:45:38

At 1/25/08 11:28 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Um, Attention All Dbags Flaming This Thread:

Give the guy a chance. He's been respectful in his post, and he's not claiming to take all the credit. For those of you kids who's Leapfrog batteries aren't working, 50/50 means half and half. As in he does the writing, someone else does the drawing.

It may be a hard concept to grasp, given the literary quality of those naruto and catpeople comics you kids love to fap to, but in the real world, writers actually get paid too. He's not screwing anyone.

And besides, if you aren't even interested(or capable in a lot of your cases), dont' bother posting on the guys damn thread.

Wow i was gona say what you said, but was like nevermind, you did a better job at it than me.

A good thing some comic artists do is after making a good amount of money to survive and etc, theyll hire a writer. I dont know how profit goes. (newspaper comic artists atleast, because they have deadlines, and they definately need to work together, basically if the writer doesnt contact you and the dead line is almost near, you end up half assing it, and you cant fire them cause your legally signed to work and yada yada, thats why people hire writers, cause if they suck you can fire me)

hope i informed people

Boom

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 18:00:13

this really isnt that flash related... im kinda puzzled as to why this thread is here.
Since theres people who seem to be into it ill just leave it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 18:29:59

At 1/25/08 05:21 PM, Volit0 wrote: Here's mine it's not much but i was bored so i don't know if it's good enough
but i don't need any money if you use it

LOL
I think Elbrow is the name of other guy.
This guy looks insane talking to himself

anyway, nice drawing.

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 20:10:55

At 1/25/08 05:21 PM, Volit0 wrote: Here's mine it's not much but i was bored so i don't know if it's good enough
but i don't need any money if you use it

Lol I think they're 2 people.

T3hParty is amazing, do not hesitate, join!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-25 21:28:58

First off, Elbow is the cat. Someone above had a question about that. As some back-ground, I have an ad running on Craig's list that I'm looking for a cartoonist, and one of the responses that I got yesterday was by a helpful guy who suggested I post here at the flash section. So, I signed upl for a membership and posted here yesterday. If I understood it right, the other forums won't let me post my request for help. Anyway, It seems fairly logical that if someone can draw flash, then they could draw cartoons. Maybe not, though. I'd like to respond to the person above who drew a sample comic, but I can't view it from the computer I'm at now. I'm looking forward to seeing it though, and hopefully will get a chance tomorrow. Other than that, only one person has messaged me threw Newgrounds so far. But, I have some good leads through Craig's list and some local colleges.

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-26 08:17:52

well, I think syndication is a bit ambitious. maybe you should downgrade to something more like a web comic?

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2008-01-26 08:28:25

At 1/25/08 11:28 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
It may be a hard concept to grasp, given the literary quality of those naruto and catpeople comics you kids love to fap to, but in the real world, writers actually get paid too. He's not screwing anyone.

And besides, if you aren't even interested(or capable in a lot of your cases), dont' bother posting on the guys damn thread.

wow, that was a great post. he really does have a point, NG was probably once a glorious website, until anime struck america/

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to Cartoonist wanted for comic strip 2017-02-09 11:18:07

At 1/25/08 02:02 AM, Pathnine wrote: I would like to find a cartoonist to draw a new sequential comic strip that I'm developing. Keep in mind that it's speculation work, and you'll need to be able to draw two kids and their cat playing poker. I'm aiming for newspaper syndication as well as self syndication through poker related websites. I need to choose a cartoonist by late February. Please send me a message if you are interested, or post a reply if you have any suggestions regarding other resources or websites I might use to find cartoonists. Thanks a lot for your help!

Sure, I'd give it a try. Here are some samples of my work.
http://dooderote.deviantart.com/art/03-Invincible-Pg-1-of-2-659523213
http://dooderote.deviantart.com/art/03-Invincible-Pg-2-of-2-659523825