00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal!

3,992 Views | 91 Replies

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 15:56:30

Drowning Pool, My favourite band, despite the fact the have a different singer each album.
I also don't mind Spineshank.

Your part in My life depends on Me. Therefore I am God. Deify Me!!!

My insanity keeps Me sane. I use My logic to do defy yours. Veni, vidi, vici...

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 15:59:17

At 1/25/08 03:45 PM, Skat0r wrote: The "amirite" indicates sarcasm.

This is General. Normally it indicates idiocy. Hence my response.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 20:38:53

ooh ooh ooh i forgot i forgot Dimmu Borgir yay!!!!!!!!!!
fu**en awesome :D :D :D :D :D yeah
and the best metal band out there Mcr who agreesss
huh huh huh huh huh huh huh????XD

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 20:58:50

I'm going out on a limb here and saying none of you have heard of Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza a

And few of you know who Born of Osiris is.

Cameron is a godly drummer. I went to school with him for a while and I wish I would have got to know him better. Seriously, listen to Empires erased.

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 21:35:39

Machine head has some pretty heavy shitHaLOO

"I let my dog lick my bumhole while wanking. You can quote me on that." EvilDog.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 21:44:38

Grunge tried to kill the metal...

Response to Metal! 2008-01-25 21:55:04

No, shut the FUCK up. You do NOT like metal. Metal is bands like Judas Preist, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. They may not be the most talented bands on earth, but they embody the essence of what it means to be "Metal".

Judas Priest were so un-obnoxiously loud that earplugs were given put at the front doors.

Black Sabbath's Guitarist chopped off two of his fingertips in a mother fucking welding accident and still managed to be one of the greatest guitarists in the world.

And Iron maiden wrote songs with dual perspectives and the devil.

You, and all other people who consider themselves fans of the genre and listen to that regurgitated, overly done shit make my insides turn. You klisten to shit, not music. Grow a sack and watch some videos of Ozzy licking up Nikki Sitxx's piss and then tell me what's "metal" and what's not.

I hope everybody had a real, real good time.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 03:53:26

At 1/25/08 09:55 PM, HOLY-FUCKING-SHIT wrote: No, shut the FUCK up. You do NOT like metal. Metal is bands like Judas Preist, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

well he said he wanted to know NEW metal bands everybody
know who iron maiden black sabbath and judas preist is
so why would we put them anyways -_- it's like saying
hey could you name an awesome guitarist that i don't
know and you telling them sure jimi hendrix no one knows
him blah blah blah i got tired of writing
ohh yeah DIO is another good one

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 03:56:29

At 1/25/08 09:55 PM, HOLY-FUCKING-SHIT wrote: Rant rant rant!

Take a chill pill dude.

It's a genre of music. Not like people classifying stuff as being metal when it isn't is gonna destroy the world.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 03:58:21

At 1/25/08 09:55 PM, HOLY-FUCKING-SHIT wrote: No, shut the FUCK up. You do NOT like metal. Metal is bands like Judas Preist, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. They may not be the most talented bands on earth, but they embody the essence of what it means to be "Metal".

They're all, like, classic metal.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:04:33

At 1/22/08 04:45 PM, Rideo wrote:
At 1/22/08 04:39 PM, Kidiri wrote: I like metal too. I mostly enjoy Fe, Ag and Pb. Those are the main metals in the searchbar, you know.
Li>>>Fe

Alkali metal ftw

Li is the shit

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:06:12

At 1/25/08 03:40 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 1/25/08 03:37 PM, Skat0r wrote: Metalcore is still metal.
amirite?
Nope youarenotrite.

Metalcore, in general, places too much influenc eon the ' core' ie, hardcore, to be proper metal.

Still a good genre, but not metal.

as I see it at least.

Well, it also puts emphasis on stealing riffs from at the gates, and randomly adding them inbetween breaks in the songs, stealing vox. styles from screamo, and taking too much influence from groove and rhythm oriented bands like pantera and white zombie(as good as those bands may be), these inclusions totally ruined metalcore.

It used to be plain and simply a fusion of thrash and hardcore punk, it was superb. Bands like earth crisis, and converge. Now they all sound the same, and are pretty much watered down mainstream garbage. And the breakdowns... worst thing to ever grace metal.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:09:16

At 1/23/08 10:53 PM, TiiBag wrote:
Fuck yeah! And fuck you to those who say "hell no" to DragonForce! DragonForce fucks you in the ass!

I concur. DragonForce is one of the greatest bands out there. Just listen to "Through Fire and Flames". That will be proof enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:11:42

At 1/26/08 04:09 AM, RobotTaco wrote: I concur. DragonForce is one of the greatest bands out there. Just listen to "Through Fire and Flames". That will be proof enough.

Since when does playing fast and shitty make a song good?

Kill yourself?

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:15:23

At 1/26/08 04:11 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
Kill yourself?

Pardon, but to what pleasure do I owe to your jackassery? You who masterbates in your mother's basement, you who fantasizes about the newest anime characters, you who would harp on other people's opinions, just to make yourself feel better about your poor pathetic life, which consists of only eating Cheetos and World of Warcraft, to what pleasure do I owe to this fine example of jackassery?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:17:03

your poor pathetic life, which consists of only eating Cheetos

:D cheetos are good i like that part XD

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:18:50

Ayreon
After Forever

my favorite metal bands

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:21:51

At 1/26/08 04:15 AM, RobotTaco wrote:
At 1/26/08 04:11 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
Kill yourself?
Pardon, but to what pleasure do I owe to your jackassery? You who masterbates in your mother's basement

I masterbate in my bedroom. What does this have to do with anything?

, you who fantasizes about the newest anime characters

Actually I can't stand anime.

, you who would harp on other people's opinions, just to make yourself feel better about your poor pathetic life,

Hahahaha. How is my life pathetic?

which consists of only eating Cheetos and World of Warcraft, to what pleasure do I owe to this fine example of jackassery?

When did I say I ever played WoW?

Instead of trying to justify how Dragonforce is a good band, you just pull a bunch of bullshit descriptions out of your ass; none of which describe me whatsoever.

Genius, really.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:22:27

Ah, but to stay on topic. A few of my favorite metal bands would be:
Trivium
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Sysytem of a Down
Dragon Force
Cannae
Korn
and the like, yes? I would put more, but I do not feel I can be arsed to put more down, due to the rampart amounts of jackassery emiting from some people...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:29:55

At 1/26/08 04:21 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
Genius, really.

Why thank you, good sir! Now to the point; I do not try to justify that Dragon Force is a good band, I am simply replying to your little attack on my honour. I do not recall ever asking for your opinion. I do not recall ever even hearing about you. I really did not want a flame war to happen; it is simply people like you who pick fights with other more enlightened individuals, who make me rather indignant in my rage.

You are what people call "An Internet Tough Guy", essentially one who picks on others to establish their dominance, despite there being no such thing on the Internet.

I am sorry, but your poor social skills are driving me up the wall. You are a simple minded creature aren't you? I see no reason for there to be a flame war, now please be a good boy and stop bothering me, yes?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:36:37

Between the Buried and Me and LifeRuiner are fucking awesome.

Coast 2 Coast- Pre-Release off of my band's Debut Full-Length album "Surrey's Finest".

Stella - My Band

Arc of the Universe Music Inc. - Our record label.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:41:03

At 1/26/08 04:29 AM, RobotTaco wrote:
At 1/26/08 04:21 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
Genius, really.
Why thank you, good sir! Now to the point; I do not try to justify that Dragon Force is a good band, I am simply replying to your little attack on my honour. I do not recall ever asking for your opinion. I do not recall ever even hearing about you. I really did not want a flame war to happen; it is simply people like you who pick fights with other more enlightened individuals, who make me rather indignant in my rage.

If that was defending your honor, I'd hate to see you in an argument.

I wasn't picking a fight as much as I was stating my opinion that Dragonforce sucks, which is really more of a fact.

You are what people call "An Internet Tough Guy", essentially one who picks on others to establish their dominance, despite there being no such thing on the Internet.

Thanks for generalizing me and my entire personality based on one post.

Truly an ''enlightening'' thing to do.

I am sorry, but your poor social skills are driving me up the wall. You are a simple minded creature aren't you? I see no reason for there to be a flame war, now please be a good boy and stop bothering me, yes?

I didn't want to start a flame was as much as I simply wanted to inform you that Dragonforce is one of the most over-rated piece of shit bands ever. I could really care less weather or not you wanted to hear my opinion.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:51:46

Well, you can state your opinion in a more polite matter. I really would rather you didn't tell me to kill myself. Being of the Stoic philosophy, I really could care less about you. You are just trying to make yourself seem "Cool" when in fact you're being a real douche. Perhaps you should take your own advice and "Kill Yourself", hmm?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 04:58:12

At 1/26/08 04:51 AM, RobotTaco wrote: Well, you can state your opinion in a more polite matter. I really would rather you didn't tell me to kill myself.

True, that was a dickish move.

Being of the Stoic philosophy, I really could care less about you. You are just trying to make yourself seem "Cool" when in fact you're being a real douche.

What the hell are you talking about?

You keep generalizing me by a single post.

It's hilarious.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and "Kill Yourself", hmm?

I'd rather not.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 05:06:10

Y'know what? I'm just going to ignore you. This flame war is highly off topic. ON WITH MORE TALK ABOUT METAL!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 05:08:34

At 1/26/08 05:06 AM, RobotTaco wrote: Y'know what? I'm just going to ignore you. This flame war is highly off topic. ON WITH MORE TALK ABOUT METAL!

Good.

Proving you wrong was getting boring.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 05:13:55

At 1/26/08 04:09 AM, RobotTaco wrote: I concur. DragonForce is one of the greatest bands out there. Just listen to "Through Fire and Flames". That will be proof enough.

Sonata Arctica
Blind Guardian
Avantasia
Dark Moor
Manticora
Firewind

All of those bands are better than Dragonforce.

Dargonforce are in fact a very bad example of metal.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 05:15:49

Its kind of funny how he tries to get the last word...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 05:21:33

At 1/26/08 05:13 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Dargonforce are in fact a very bad example of metal.

Seriously.

Dragonforce is like the Soulja Boy of metal.

At 1/26/08 05:15 AM, RobotTaco wrote: Its kind of funny how he tries to get the last word...

It's funnier that you are now.

Response to Metal! 2008-01-26 05:26:12

... This is exactly why I hang out in the Kingdom of Loathing, instead of this place... Too many retards who want to pick fights... Retards who think they win everything despite doing the exact opposite... I'm too smart and nice for this place...

BBS Signature