• 1,141 Replies
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 28th, 2008 @ 09:44 PM

http://ak-17.newgrounds.com/ - Not too sure about this one. What do you think?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 28th, 2008 @ 09:59 PM

At 1/28/08 09:44 PM, Rig wrote: http://ak-17.newgrounds.com/ - Not too sure about this one. What do you think?

Yeah, I had a gloss over his 07 submissions. His last one was in December, so he might still be active.
I'll suggest his song: Clockwork
He's decent, so I think he's worth the list.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
CrazyCookie
CrazyCookie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 28th, 2008 @ 11:54 PM

I like him, the one WB suggested is pretty good.

http://psywoofers.newgrounds.com/audio/ I like this stuff. He doesn't seem too well known, although his "Electronic Symphonies" got a lot of downloads. His first one got 13 reviews, spread out across the month though. Too much recognition or does he qualify?

I NEED TO MAKE MESELF A DAMN SIG LOL
Melancholy Winter

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 28th, 2008 @ 11:58 PM

At 1/28/08 08:41 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Hmmm... I DID get nominated.....Put me on the list for giggles, love and sexual arousment??

Fuck! I'll nominate you for this song.

I hope you become the most popular underdog in all of newgrounds history. Right next to paragon, api, and Dimrain.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 12:31 AM

All right, It's been six pages since my last serious nomination, so I think I'll take the initiative to nominate another user. This time, I'm talking about SparkiDee.

He's a relatively new user to newgrounds. Older, wiser, sexier than most the fourteen year olds here, he's definatly got some skill. The first song I'm throwing up needs to be listened too hard. His track Banger is a nice light trance track that starts out really slow, but picks up with some vocals that really work. The melodies though slightly repetitive, are entertaining enough. It's a track for the dance floor if thats what your into.

Another track of his that I really liked was In your dreams, a dance track that starts out with a neat little voice sample, some odd melodies, then slowly picks up into something that resembles a break beat. He says that he's heavily influenced by DnB, though he only has one DnB track up at the moment. Like the previous track, this one has a really nice voice sample in it. It's a fun little track that works around some really clean pads. Go for it.

The last track I'll show off of his is Breakneck Speed, named that probably because of how fast the track is. It's an experimental DnB, so don't check this one out expecting heavy bass lines, dark stepping, or anything of the like. It has some oddly high pitched vocals that for the most part, sound all right. There are some oddly placed piano melodies. Really, this track is a slight enigma, but worth looking into if your all about the more abstract DnB. I know some of you are :P

I really want to see this guy submit some more tracks here, so do me a favor and leave him a review or two to encourage him to continue submitting stuff!

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

meneldil
meneldil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 08:51 AM

At 1/28/08 08:41 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Hmmm... I DID get nominated.....Put me on the list for giggles, love and sexual arousment??

Who the hell are you? :o

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 08:57 AM

the reviews are still bugged... I really only have 0.5 reviews ='(

if we increased the standards of underdog to get you in, things would work differently!

GATHER AROUND BOYS, WE'RE ALL GONNA BE ON THE LIST :D!!!!
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 09:34 AM

Dude.... "B0UNC3 (Bzerouncthree) an underdog" (Soon to be wikipedia entry)

So.......yeah XD

Don't deny facts ^^

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 09:38 AM

At 1/29/08 09:34 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: (Bzerouncthree)

You really do pronounce your username like that?

aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 09:56 AM

nope.....i pronounce it "bounce"......but still

preffertobedead
preffertobedead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 11:54 AM

Leave UltimateCyprien nominate ppl, those who admit their errors deserve my respect.

U_U.

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.
PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature
FunkmasterCatking
FunkmasterCatking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 06:34 PM

My vote is for Atomic Inc.

amazing stuff, I was greatly surprised to discover that his most recent song only has one review

Conian
Conian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 08:35 PM

At 1/29/08 06:34 PM, FunkmasterCatking wrote: My vote is for Atomic Inc.

amazing stuff, I was greatly surprised to discover that his most recent song only has one review

Seconded. Though he always uses the same synths, his songs show great talent and potential.

... No, but I did see a blue Prius!

Conian -> Welcome to the chaos that is my mind, would you like to take the detour?

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 29th, 2008 @ 10:19 PM

Why are good musicians not submitting anymore?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 01:31 AM

If I had a different account with different music on it, would that qualify for a nomination?

Same person, different name, different product....would work out fine right?

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 01:46 AM

At 1/30/08 01:31 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: Same person, different name, different product....would work out fine right?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 01:59 PM

At 1/29/08 10:19 PM, Rig wrote: Why are good musicians not submitting anymore?

If I knew why, I'd probably have forgiven this guy. He was fucking incredible and had over 100 tracks submitted. Here are a few tracks that you simply MUST listen too + download...

Crowd Controlled "Dirty hip-hop with twisted vocals and heavy processing." I used it in the credits to my last cartoon :P

Start of Fashion "ncludes samples from 2001 A space oddysey," a really funky track that devastates with the bass lines and euphoric vibes.

Repulser "Dark glitchy drum and bass. Crazier than your average." All his DnB work is as crazy as this track. A fucking must if you're into the Squarpusher/ Aphex vibe. In fact, he's the guy that got me listening to them.

sidechain A great experimental track that really moves with abstract rhythms and sounds that made me cream my pants the first time I heard it.

He dissapeared without a trace. No good bye notes, no sound of a car engine speeding in the distance. Just gone. Missing in action out of nowhere. My guess is that he got signed or something. I loved him so much, that I actually went down his track list and voted up all his songs on several occasions (all 100 of them.) This guy was my idol long before I started making audio. His glitch was the first taste I ever had of DnB. As a drummer, I immedietly fell in love with his glitch tracks. I loved his drum work so much that he inspired me into producing electronica. I wish he could be thrown onto this list, but he was never really an under dog and he's no longer active :(

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 02:03 PM

Oh, almost forgot about this song. Another padman track. If you listen to trance, this track is a must. Fucking incredible. You might not like the how he incorperates his style into the trance style, but understand that it's fucking amazing :O

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 04:29 PM

At 1/30/08 01:59 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/29/08 10:19 PM, Rig wrote: Why are good musicians not submitting anymore?
If I knew why, I'd probably have forgiven this guy.

Dayyyym. Amazing find there.

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 04:44 PM

I only get max 3 reviews on a song :/ but on other sites (download.com) im the most popular techno artist (pr. week).. And on last.fm i've tripled my listeners/plays in 1 week.. I would've nominated myself but wont ;P.. If you wanna do so, its fine ;) If not.. Its also fine.. but notice that you wont get a cookie if you pass by my house!

BBS Signature
preffertobedead
preffertobedead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 04:56 PM

At 1/30/08 04:44 PM, SolidElectro wrote: I only get max 3 reviews on a song :/ but on other sites (download.com) im the most popular techno artist (pr. week).. And on last.fm i've tripled my listeners/plays in 1 week.. I would've nominated myself but wont ;P.. If you wanna do so, its fine ;) If not.. Its also fine.. but notice that you wont get a cookie if you pass by my house!

humm....gratz?

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.
PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 04:56 PM

At 1/30/08 04:44 PM, SolidElectro wrote: I only get max 3 reviews on a song :/ but on other sites (download.com) im the most popular techno artist (pr. week).. And on last.fm i've tripled my listeners/plays in 1 week.. I would've nominated myself but wont ;P.. If you wanna do so, its fine ;) If not.. Its also fine.. but notice that you wont get a cookie if you pass by my house!

Lol :P Dont worry, you'll get popular. Ive now got 91 fans, and Max 114 Reviews on a song :P

(and Im not even that good tbh)

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 05:17 PM

At 1/30/08 04:56 PM, preffertobedead wrote: humm....gratz?

Thx.. lol ;)

BBS Signature
joshhunsaker
joshhunsaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 11:30 PM

Hi there!

My name is Cyprien and blah blah blah

And what thanks did I get? Exactly, this is why I wanted to ask you to vote for me for Audio Underdog of 2008 so that my work receives the recognition it truly deserves.

You can vote in the following topic for UltimateCyprien, and I would also like to ask you to send this message to all of your NG friends so that they can vote for me so that my popularity will increase in the audio portal.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8491 27
Have a nice day.

um. how embarrassing. you realize that by winning the underdog award - you actually lose. it's like a catch 21.

joshhunsaker
joshhunsaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 11:37 PM

At 1/28/08 04:51 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: I would like to thank you all for voting for me, I am so moved. I just have something in my eye...

*wipes away upcoming tears*
etc. etc. etc.
- Cyprien

*cough*Sally Field 1985*cough*

joshhunsaker
joshhunsaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 30th, 2008 @ 11:44 PM

but seriously, Mr. Cypien, I really do enjoy your music but you are the closest thing to a one-man soap opera that i have ever witnessed. maybe you should be focusing on an acting career instead.

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 31st, 2008 @ 01:56 AM

At 1/30/08 04:44 PM, SolidElectro wrote: I'm awesome on other sites.

Uh, thanks. If you want to nominate yourself, go ahead.

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 31st, 2008 @ 03:38 AM

At 1/31/08 01:56 AM, Rig wrote:
At 1/30/08 04:44 PM, SolidElectro wrote: I'm awesome on other sites.
Uh, thanks. If you want to nominate yourself, go ahead.

I didn't say it in that way.. And no i wont nominate myself, it sucks bigtime to do so!

BBS Signature
FadePuff
FadePuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 31st, 2008 @ 04:07 AM

I have to nomimate ddavis (I'm assuming he's the real Don Davis). I mean, this guy is practically a national celebrity. He's been nominated for Emmies 7 times and has won 2 of those times. Plus, he has won BMI awards 5 times. Having composed the music for the Matrix triology and countless other shows, he is one of the most successful musicians in the film industry.

Here's a sample of his music:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 9480

3 reviews and 15 votes, and that music is probably good enough to sell to a major motion picture company for lots money. If it weren't for my routine upvoting several months ago, all of his music would be in the 2-3 range as far as score goes.

It's fucking pathetic. The audio system here has taken a big dump on his music, which is probably why he stopped submitting a while ago. If the this list is about recognizing artists that deserve more than the audio portal has given then, he sure as heck deserves to be on it!

Nintechno
Nintechno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to The Underdog List Jan. 31st, 2008 @ 04:20 AM

At 1/28/08 04:51 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: I would like to thank you all for voting for me, I am so moved. I just have something in my eye...

Its not like they would have if you did'nt ask them to.

*wipes away upcoming tears*

*Shoots UltimateCyprien*

Now, for those of you who say that I am excluded from this competetion.

WTF? What competition?

Exactly, they don't. By telling people to vote for me many have discovered my audio in the portal and I am on a lot of favorite lists, yet I am the true underdog of audio on NG.

Wow, your modest.

All that rests me to say now is that I should stay in this competition, and let it proceed fairly. I just have to win this...

Win what?

...Whats up with him?

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature