00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,250 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:03:39

AtomicInc. One of the most amazing artists on NG in my opinion. Songs such as "I've got the love" simply inspire me ^^
He does electronic music, but not sure what 'kind.'

http://atomicinc.newgrounds.com/

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:03:57

At 1/28/08 06:02 PM, Swirly-Helix wrote:
At 1/28/08 01:35 AM, Rig wrote:
I nominate http://neuralfusion.newgrounds.com/
I agree with that

Read the later posts, there's a possible controversy and I'm not nominating him until I'm sure.
Awesome if it's all his stuff, though.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:10:20

At 1/28/08 05:56 PM, Rig wrote: It doesn't matter - you're not getting on the list. We will not endorse spam votes.
IF you had posted your own nomination in this thread (like I told you and like UnderdogList told you), we all would have considered it, like we were doing for everyone else. But you've blown your chance.

Forget it. It's over.

I can't believe you've destroyed your e-reputation on something as simple as that.

Don't be ridiculous, I'm still in. I didn't violate the rules AND YOU KNOW IT. Let's make an agreement shall we, I won't send anymore "vote for me" posts to anyone active on the forum and we let this competition continue fair and square. No one participating should be excluded from this competition, only when they do something terribly wrong. Let's see for ourselves who agrees with me.

Who wants me to stay in this contest?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:12:48

Now I know he's just trying to get us mad... Considering a couple people have said that "this isn't a competition" and he goes and says this is a competition a few times. Honestly, Ultimate, it's too late you get yourself back in this. This wasn't a competition and there weren't any real "rules" just guidelines. This is like going to a volunteer event and pushing people out of your way to get more stuff done to be better than others. You aren't winning anything, just making yourself look like an ass.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:12:56

At 1/28/08 06:03 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote: AtomicInc. One of the most amazing artists on NG in my opinion. Songs such as "I've got the love" simply inspire me ^^

Haha, his Still Alive remix is win. Seconded.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:14:24

He kinda came out of nowhere, but yeah his stuff is really good. I wish I had a vocalist >8(

my girlfriend won't sing for me >8(

WHAT GOOD ARE GIRLFRIENDS IF THEY WONT SING FOR THEIR BOYFRIENDS MUSIC.

Wat

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:22:28

At 1/28/08 06:12 PM, Envy wrote: Now I know he's just trying to get us mad... Considering a couple people have said that "this isn't a competition" and he goes and says this is a competition a few times. Honestly, Ultimate, it's too late you get yourself back in this. This wasn't a competition and there weren't any real "rules" just guidelines. This is like going to a volunteer event and pushing people out of your way to get more stuff done to be better than others. You aren't winning anything, just making yourself look like an ass.

If they didn't like his music, they wouldn't nominate him... I think... He didn't force them in any way I guess. Did he?

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:25:05

At 1/28/08 06:14 PM, Envy wrote: my girlfriend won't sing for me >8(

That's why God created dorms.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:25:47

At 1/28/08 06:25 PM, Rig wrote:
At 1/28/08 06:14 PM, Envy wrote: my girlfriend won't sing for me >8(

That's why God created dorms.

reaaaaaaaargh

Wat

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:29:04

At 1/28/08 06:12 PM, Envy wrote: Now I know he's just trying to get us mad... Considering a couple people have said that "this isn't a competition"

Fair enough, so it isn't a competition. What is it then? I need to hear the exact word for what this is.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:30:39

At 1/28/08 06:29 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote:
At 1/28/08 06:12 PM, Envy wrote: Now I know he's just trying to get us mad... Considering a couple people have said that "this isn't a competition"
Fair enough, so it isn't a competition. What is it then? I need to hear the exact word for what this is.

This is simply a way to get people who hardly get any attention to their music, and yet still have pretty decent or better sounding stuff that DOES deserve the attention to get some people to notice them.

Basically a way to recognize unrecognizable artists.

Wat

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:30:54

At 1/28/08 06:12 PM, Rig wrote:
At 1/28/08 06:03 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote: AtomicInc. One of the most amazing artists on NG in my opinion. Songs such as "I've got the love" simply inspire me ^^

thirded.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:33:33

At 1/28/08 06:29 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote:

Fuck that. Go read the first post moron. After that, never post in this thread again. Arguing with Rig is one of the dumbest things you could have done considering he helped throw this thread together :P

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:40:52

I'd like to nominate myself, LOL

No seriously now, I'll be serious from now on. Promise.

Can we just pretend that this entire incident didn't happen and start all over? Come on, I'll behave ^^

By the way, I like your music Rig.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:45:02

At 1/28/08 06:30 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/28/08 06:12 PM, Rig wrote:

thirded.

Fourthed.

Lol @ Cyprien. Too late for that. I also enjoy how you're trying to suck up to just Rig now. You should be more worried about the mods now than Rig.

I NEED TO MAKE MESELF A DAMN SIG LOL

Melancholy Winter

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 19:18:14

At 1/28/08 06:40 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: I'd like to nominate myself, LOL

LOL

No seriously now, I'll be serious from now on. Promise.

Seriously?

Can we just pretend that this entire incident didn't happen and start all over? Come on, I'll behave ^^

Rig already said you're out, so... yeah, good luck finding nominees here. It wasn't good that you came in here saying you ought to be crowned for your music above everyone else who had equal right as you to be here and be considered to be put on a list of equal underdogs, that are neither winners nor losers, just under appreciated music. So, you lost your right when you abused this thread.

Not even ass kicking will fix things now...

Also, I think I'm going to take back my self nomination, after seeing what some people will do to get on the list... I'm disappointed.
But that's not to say that some self nominations will work, and the other nominees are good, it's just a shame there's the crap and arrogance to filter through.
I'll probably do a similar thing to SBB, go through the list and check out the underdog audio. I don't do much random user hunting, so I don't think I'd find too many underdogs.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 19:44:29

At 1/28/08 07:18 PM, WritersBlock wrote:

An ass kicking might. But an ass KISSING won't, lol.

I'll probably do a similar thing to SBB, go through the list and check out the underdog audio. I don't do much random user hunting, so I don't think I'd find too many underdogs.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/random <- Put that in your bookmarks and just keep clicking it till you find epic underdogs, lol. Also check out the NGAP Radio!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 19:49:14

At 1/28/08 07:44 PM, Rig wrote:
At 1/28/08 07:18 PM, WritersBlock wrote:
An ass kicking might. But an ass KISSING won't, lol.

Yeah, I saw that after it was too late lol.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/random <- Put that in your bookmarks and just keep clicking it till you find epic underdogs, lol. Also check out the NGAP Radio!

Yeah, if I find myself with nothing to do... I clicked that link a few times a while ago, except it kept on giving me audio from 2004 and 2006...

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 20:03:37

Ok, sick, I found a cool one:

Furwave

This is my favorite song of his - "Iguazu"

It is extremely well produced, everything sounds clear. I can tell that it's not mastered, but his melodies are amazing, and his synth work isn't bad. He's not "EPIC" on the scale of the others, but he's good, and he's quite unnoticed. I think he's worth checking out.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 20:15:58

Navij11 has also found this guy - http://djdez.newgrounds.com/

Great techno, very well produced and original!
He hasn't submitted anything for a year, though. But they're still good songs...maybe we'll make a new category for inactive accounts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 21:02:36

At 1/28/08 08:41 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Hmmm... I DID get nominated.....Put me on the list for giggles, love and sexual arousment??

Heck, I'd do it for the sexual arousal alone.

But for now, I'm nominating razzberri. He does techno, and he does it well. Like The Night Tonight (weird title...)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 21:35:32

http://beyondevolution.newgrounds.com/ goes into the "not submitting anymore but still awesome" pile. There's only two songs, too, but they're good songs.
Incognito

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 21:44:34

http://ak-17.newgrounds.com/ - Not too sure about this one. What do you think?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 21:59:53

At 1/28/08 09:44 PM, Rig wrote: http://ak-17.newgrounds.com/ - Not too sure about this one. What do you think?

Yeah, I had a gloss over his 07 submissions. His last one was in December, so he might still be active.
I'll suggest his song: Clockwork
He's decent, so I think he's worth the list.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 23:54:20

I like him, the one WB suggested is pretty good.

http://psywoofers.newgrounds.com/audio/ I like this stuff. He doesn't seem too well known, although his "Electronic Symphonies" got a lot of downloads. His first one got 13 reviews, spread out across the month though. Too much recognition or does he qualify?

I NEED TO MAKE MESELF A DAMN SIG LOL

Melancholy Winter

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 23:58:03

At 1/28/08 08:41 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Hmmm... I DID get nominated.....Put me on the list for giggles, love and sexual arousment??

Fuck! I'll nominate you for this song.

I hope you become the most popular underdog in all of newgrounds history. Right next to paragon, api, and Dimrain.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-29 00:31:51

All right, It's been six pages since my last serious nomination, so I think I'll take the initiative to nominate another user. This time, I'm talking about SparkiDee.

He's a relatively new user to newgrounds. Older, wiser, sexier than most the fourteen year olds here, he's definatly got some skill. The first song I'm throwing up needs to be listened too hard. His track Banger is a nice light trance track that starts out really slow, but picks up with some vocals that really work. The melodies though slightly repetitive, are entertaining enough. It's a track for the dance floor if thats what your into.

Another track of his that I really liked was In your dreams, a dance track that starts out with a neat little voice sample, some odd melodies, then slowly picks up into something that resembles a break beat. He says that he's heavily influenced by DnB, though he only has one DnB track up at the moment. Like the previous track, this one has a really nice voice sample in it. It's a fun little track that works around some really clean pads. Go for it.

The last track I'll show off of his is Breakneck Speed, named that probably because of how fast the track is. It's an experimental DnB, so don't check this one out expecting heavy bass lines, dark stepping, or anything of the like. It has some oddly high pitched vocals that for the most part, sound all right. There are some oddly placed piano melodies. Really, this track is a slight enigma, but worth looking into if your all about the more abstract DnB. I know some of you are :P

I really want to see this guy submit some more tracks here, so do me a favor and leave him a review or two to encourage him to continue submitting stuff!

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-29 08:51:17

Who the hell are you? :o

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-29 08:57:10

the reviews are still bugged... I really only have 0.5 reviews ='(

if we increased the standards of underdog to get you in, things would work differently!

GATHER AROUND BOYS, WE'RE ALL GONNA BE ON THE LIST :D!!!!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-29 09:38:08

At 1/29/08 09:34 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: (Bzerouncthree)

You really do pronounce your username like that?