• 1,143 Replies
BluGil
BluGil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-01-17 16:49:09

I feel a little lame nominating myself, but I just want to throw it in the hat and see if anyone thinks I deserve any attention.

I'm 15, and this is my third year of music production. I began using FL Studio but then moved on to Reason 5 recently. A couple weeks ago I began getting together with my friend who plays keys, so that we could produce together.

I haven't been very active on the forums until very recently, but I often look around at user submitted audio and give them reviews, and I've been on Newg since '09.

Since Newgrounds is the first place I upload audio when I come up with it, It has nearly all of my work - unfortunately that means it also includes a lot of iffy stuff. However if you take a little time to look around, there are some tracks that stand out.

http://blugil.newgrounds.com/

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-01-17 19:14:48

Hi, don't wanna do a spamfest here, but I' like to represent myself in the jazz/latin categorie, thought I don't have a specific genre other than "instrumental"...

I've got a special history. I'm 17, I've started playing piano at 7 (stopped at 14, though), I've been playing trumpet and latin percussions since I was 12, I'm currently studying Jazz Trumpet and Composition at college, but I've been studying theory overtime since I'm like 15. I'm quite a theory craver, and it tends to show in my compositions.

I use quite an uncommon tool to write music, a notation software rather than a sequencer, to write my music, wich basically means I write my music on a score, and what is heard is the computer simulating how it would sound, hence the crappy sound quality.

Nevertheless, I believe I'm slowly gaining in recognition, and so I believe, as proclaimed in a famous jazz song, that "I'm begining to see the light".

And so, check out my stuff, and please retain my candidature!

missmindy
missmindy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-01-17 20:05:38

Dreams from Gin

my favorite!!! Their songs span genres so you really have to listen to a few to get the feel of this quirky band.

BBS Signature
elieltomas
elieltomas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-01-18 07:00:37

I'm going to nominate myself.
I think i really need to do this. I haven't been the most active artist in the last couple of years, but it's going to change. I'll try my best this year :) I've been making music 11 or 12 years now and i use Reason 5. I mostly use keyboard and mouse to do everything. Recently i bought a midi-controller to help me and it has made things a bit easier. My favorite artist is Squarepusher.

elieltomas

RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-01-18 08:10:47

Alright, so I have a suggestion.

I know a guy named OpenLight. He makes great music, but hardly gets any attention for it. I'm here posing some of his tracks to get him a little more of that attention he deserves.

• A Traveler's Journey Pt. 4 V2
    A Traveler's Journey Pt. 4 V2 by OpenLight

Click to listen.

Score
    4.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity
  • Surge of Panic
    Surge of Panic by OpenLight

Click to listen.

Score
    4.14 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity
  • Walk and Seek
    Walk and Seek by OpenLight

Click to listen.

Score
    4.34 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

My favorite 3 songs by him.

reel2
reel2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-03 13:05:24

I never get much attention, mostly because I stay hidden in me cavez.

http://reel2.newgrounds.com/

I love to produce epic adventure music that tells stories as the tracks progresses.

Film & Game Composer - 4 Years with FL Studio - Contact me
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/471408

dashmyoku
dashmyoku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-04 02:27:13

I'll uh...I'll nominate myself, though I can't really say for what specific Genre. I don't exactly stay in one genre all the time. So...would Video Game count as a genre? Or maybe even Misc.? lol

I started writing about 6 or 7 years ago. *Still remember his first composition*. Um, I started off using FLStudio4...and now I'm using FLStudio9. I've definitely progressed in skill/style over the years, but I know I have a long way to go to getting better and perfecting my skill-set (which is mostly Composition, I can't make synths or anything to save my life). I've been on NG for a good long while and feel unloved. XD

I suppose I should post around the forums a lot more than I do... >.>

kulajs
kulajs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-04 16:33:58

I will nominate myself,but really i want honest review nothing else,and some maybe advice what to do or not to do.Thanks!!

• Izotope!
    Izotope! by kulajs

Click to listen.

Score
    3.90 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • Bad dreams!
    Bad dreams! by kulajs

Click to listen.

Score
    3.73 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • The expanding universe v2
    The expanding universe v2 by kulajs

Click to listen.

Score
    4.05 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity
  • Underground light(notforchild)
    Underground light(notforchild) by kulajs

Click to listen.

Score
    2.50 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

Last one is demo,but i think it has potential!!

Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-07 14:48:19

Anthony Rich

I've known about this guy for a while but never really took any interest until yesterday when I found a remix he'd done of one of BrokenCrossfader's tracks. Real pro stuff. I had a look through his most popular tracks and found he hasn't gotten much attention at all from the AP community.

He creates some absolutely fantastic Progressive House and Trance among other genres. Very mellow and chilled stuff, definitely worth a listen.

Apilot
Apilot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-09 04:49:26

http://apilot.newgrounds.com/

i have vocals in my hip hop. its strangeness seems to drive people away though. meh.

nominating myself.

kirbyfighter12
kirbyfighter12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-10 08:15:24

http://kirbyfighter12.newgrounds.com/aud io/
Hello People.
I've been here on the Audio portal for about 3 years, firstly as a Re-mixer, then as a Partial Re-vamp/ Re-mixer, and now currently I'm doing things revolving around Techno/Dance/Trance, as well including recent High BPM songs. Basically my aim this year is to try out with More original than Re-Mixes/ Re-Vamps.
Currently Songs being cranked out at a minimum of 4 a week.
I am basically slowly learning of the Techno/Dance/Trance, so I'm getting better.
--
The programs I use are
FL Studio 9
Reason 4
Re-FX Nexus
Edirol Orchestral
--

Dicks to the left of me. Dicks to the right of me. I want them all.

PainasaurusRex
PainasaurusRex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-12 00:25:25

Hi everyone,

I'm Prex/DJ Prex/PainasaurusRex. I'm primarily an 8-Bit writer, but I also work in FL studios and write a bunch of different styles. Really I just want some more tips on improving my music, and I'd say sitting here and not not recieving that many tips is not the way to improve. Hopefully sone one here can help me :D

http://painasaurusrex.newgrounds.com/aud io/

richja223
richja223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-15 06:19:17

god damn, i'm an underdog for sure. people even say it in reviews a few times stating how they can't believe that i don't have more feedback.

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-15 07:07:32

At 2/15/11 06:19 AM, richja223 wrote: god damn, i'm an underdog for sure. people even say it in reviews a few times stating how they can't believe that i don't have more feedback.

this goes for literally everyone thats not whoring himself onto the fp. :)

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-26 14:13:12

Time to revive this thread with a quick nomination.

I nominate p0larus. He made a song ages ago which I enjoyed, called The Great Plains:

• The Great Plains (polarus)
    The Great Plains (polarus) by p0larus

Click to listen.

Score
    4.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

Today I was randomly listening to some of the NG songs I downloaded and came across that one. Thought it would be fitting to nominate him here since when I went back to take a look at his songs I saw that most have only 2-4 reviews or so, and I think he deserves more.

Feel free to listen to some of his other submissions. I took a quick listen at some others but I think The Great Plains is my favourite from what I heard. I'm not much of a fan of Trance but I still enjoyed them. Check them out ^^.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
MarioMan94
MarioMan94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-02-26 15:07:51

nominating myself because I qualify :p

I've been using FL Studio since like 7th grade and I'm a high school junior. I'm a lazy procrastinator but I have a lot of songs on NG. all of them are like WIPs...thinking about taking classes for music in the future but for now its a hobby. listen to my remixes and my crappy original music! xD

Gunner-D
Gunner-D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-03-02 12:20:42

At 5/23/10 03:13 PM, Promethicus wrote: pick me fuckers, i am newgrounds culture... personified.

I pick Promethicus .. hiphop extraordinaire

• Chapter Three: Aztlan (Rumble)
    Chapter Three: Aztlan (Rumble) by Promethicus

Click to listen.

Score
    4.38 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Jakesnke17
Jakesnke17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-03-31 20:08:32

I nominate woodman1985, I've recently had a chance to listen to his stuff, and it's pretty awesome. He makes some pretty creative stuff and it's varied too.

Sometimes chiptunes with piano: An Endless Journey
Genre: Misc.

Remix of a beloved video game tune: Aquatic Ambience
Genre: Electro/Chiptune

Or more chiptunes: Adventure Time Chiptune Party
Genre: Video Game

I believe he has a lot of potential, mark my words. :D woodman1985

KorpzeAudio
KorpzeAudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-04-01 19:08:59

I nominate myself mainly because I would really like to have a bit more criticism and of course views.

Ever since I moved to this city (about four years ago), I had absolutely nothing to do, so I decided to try out the demo of FL Studio 7. Time passed as my songs got a bit better every month. I stepped out of the demo and got a full version of FL, and my songs got a little bit better. I sort-of learned from myself, learning from mistakes and learning from songs I heard. I eventually got used to the program about a year ago, and also was getting a bit more strict on how the song should sound. It wasn't until recently I knew the program pretty well, though I still don't think my songs are the best. I also stopped using NG like I used to mainly because of the lack of interest of both the viewers and myself.

Here is my page. I try not to stick with the same genre usually, but there are a few I cannot make. One of my most prominent genre is Trance, or anything electronic.

BBS Signature
ChemicalReaper
ChemicalReaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-04-06 00:49:59

I want to vote for Rampant Musik. Sure, Music Box Waltz has got a fair amount of exposure, but there's other stuff that seems to be largely ignored, underrated, very few reviews, etc...: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 11590

Clicky, clicky!
^ No seriously; your mouse will thank you for it :D

josielemmings
josielemmings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-04-12 00:15:38

I nominate ChrisLuna

I think he's one of the best vocalists on Newgrounds, but he has surprisingly few listens and reviews.

Acou-stick

She Said[Original]

reel2
reel2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-04-12 16:36:19

I'll have to nominate myself... I've been getting alot of people on my songs that's been voting 'em down :\ MEEH :c

• JBI - A hero's Journey
    JBI - A hero's Journey by reel2

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

If your heart wants to soar high, it first needs to touch the bottom

Film & Game Composer - 4 Years with FL Studio - Contact me
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/471408

Schleif
Schleif
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-04-12 17:41:14

At 4/12/11 04:36 PM, reel2 wrote: I'll have to nominate myself... I've been getting alot of people on my songs that's been voting 'em down :\ MEEH :c
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 13116
If your heart wants to soar high, it first needs to touch the bottom

i really don't want to sound like an asshole, but this thread isn't just here to advertise your own stuff. there's another thread for that. if getting zero-bashed makes you an underdog, then literally all users would be underdogs. which would also defeat the purpose of this thread.

BBS Signature
JohnnyFrizz
JohnnyFrizz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-04-12 18:33:07

Check out this guy!

• Bach can Rock
    Bach can Rock by B-Roze

Click to listen.

Score
    4.11 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

His production skills arent that good, but he definitely knows how to write music!

He has some classical background so look up for this guy.

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-05-24 04:51:43

I have another nomination. I just approved Autumn-Collapse and I thought he, or rather they, since they claim to be two people, deserve a mention here. The songs they make aren't of highest quality, but they're quite pleasant/relaxing to listen to. I thought it'd be nice if they had more exposure since you don't often see recorded guitar songs like theirs on NG.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
decoyultimatum
decoyultimatum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-05-24 16:48:15

i started making music a few months ago i use fl i consider myself a decent musician most of my reviews are because i request them from other artists i respect i started making music because i have been playing it and listening to it since i was young i hope that one day i can make some amazing music my best genres are trance and classical

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-05-24 21:28:10

At 5/24/11 04:48 PM, decoyultimatum wrote: i started making music a few months ago i use fl i consider myself a decent musician most of my reviews are because i request them from other artists i respect i started making music because i have been playing it and listening to it since i was young i hope that one day i can make some amazing music my best genres are trance and classical

you know what i really love is when people type really long sentences that are hard to follow because they don't use any punctuation at all

As for the Underdog List... I'd list nearly everyone in the classical music section -- there's some really, really amazing music buried in there.

So my solution is simply to nominate the entire classical section for the underdog list!

OrphenFire
OrphenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2011-05-28 23:21:38

I nominate myself. I need exposure ;)

About Me:
I have been composing music my entire life, but only the last 7 years have I been actually putting it down on paper. When I was little, I used to make up tunes on my mother's baby grand piano. I would sit for hours and play nonsense that sounded good to me. As I became a teenager, I started realizing there was like a hidden code inside the keys that made certain melodies and patterns make sense. I had no formal training and I used my own time and resources to teach myself how to play various instruments and through that, I learned the essence of musical construction. It wasn't until I started avidly listening to classical music and film scores by people like John Williams and Hans Zimmer that I started to really unlock my true musical potential. Listening to greats like Beethoven and Vivaldi, and also Gustav Holst (who John Williams himself draws much inspiration) led me to really discover the wonderful world of music. I am hoping to become a professional videogame music composer and maybe even a filmscore composer. My skill and musical understanding, my ambition and my obscurity all qualify me as an "Underdog" of music.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-05-30 00:39:16

I'm nominating myself...

I have been composing music for 4 and half years with all kind of genre. My major music genre are in Classical and Ambient. You may encounter my music styles with repeating melodies and instruments, this is called Minimalism music, my favorite style.

I can play well with both piano, keyboard, vibraphone and guitars. I'm a self-taught composer and orchestra arranger with little music basic training backed up. Through years I have been joining local community bands to perform music. Has been a guest composer for award-winning Israeli small budget film "I Wish You Could Remember Me" and composed tracks for many flash and film animation.

I still have a lot of things to learn from the hardcore ones on Newgrounds Audio. I would like to meet and talk to all of them one day to learn more about them.Thank you UnderdogList for making this opportunity happens.

I would like to classify myself as the "Underdog"

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
DonCarrera
DonCarrera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2011-05-30 10:09:47

I'd like to nominate both Computer112 and OrphenFire for great music in general and the ability to create tunes in a variety of genres. I respect the time and dedication they have spent learning the theory, something that I've found is both long and extremely arduous in terms of memorization, and their ability to actually play real instruments.