FunkmasterCatking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-24 17:11:10

Me!!! I nominate myself!!

My profile

Ive been making music since last September, I started with garage band but subsequently switched to FL studio 7.

Im getting pretty tired of people automatically zeroing all of my songs, I dont think I suck THAT much...

well, yeah, lizen to mah jamz

taylor-bortner
taylor-bortner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-24 20:45:38

i nominate hlg

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-24 21:16:35

Hey you guys, don't turn this into a spam thread.

Also, e-d deffinatly isn't an underdog. His three songs have recieved plenty of attention.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-24 21:56:08

At 1/24/08 09:25 AM, Rig wrote:
At 1/24/08 05:28 AM, jrayteam6 wrote: I say dump the self nomination concept. Now people just have to justify themselves for attention. Nothing against anyone that has so far, I'm just saying anyone that can use a sequencer has a concept of music and is going to have some sort of paragraph worthy background.
Then I guess it's up to us to decide whether they're good enough to be on the list. This'll cut down on the massive spam that plagued the last list.
And come on - everyone likes talking about themselves.

How about, from now on, for a user to nominate themselves, they have to nominate someone else, and not something stupid like paragonx9 or fatkidwitajetpack, or else someone who obviously isn't an underdog.
Would that be ok?

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
kevs91
kevs91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-24 22:05:35

Auecs. Pretty cool dancey-electro stuff.

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 02:38:52

At 1/24/08 09:56 PM, WritersBlock wrote: How about, from now on, for a user to nominate themselves, they have to nominate someone else, and not something stupid like paragonx9 or fatkidwitajetpack, or else someone who obviously isn't an underdog.
Would that be ok?

How about we just keep deleting idiotic self-whoring posts for now? But yeah, if it gets out of hand, we'll get rid of self-nominations completely.

And I also vote for NickPerrin. I didn't actually listen to his stuff until he gave me his info for the big program list - I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he can handle all that stuff!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
UnderdogList
UnderdogList
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 02:44:06

At 1/25/08 02:38 AM, Rig wrote: How about we just keep deleting idiotic self-whoring posts for now? But yeah, if it gets out of hand, we'll get rid of self-nominations completely.

Yes, Rig. That sounds like a great idea. You rule.

The first list ever (for this thread anyway) will be compiled and posted this weekend. Stay tuned!

wyldfyre1
wyldfyre1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 03:17:53

nick perrin has my vote also! he's got alot of great stuff.

jnry3
jnry3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 04:49:40

I found one!!! -> Josh Hunsaker

His most popular track only has SIX votes, and he sounds promising. Most of his tracks are instrumental rock, and he plays with synths in his songs.

Sample tracks here:
Killer Instinct
All For Now

These two have been mastered pretty well. Check him out! ^_^

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 11:57:55

At 1/25/08 04:49 AM, jnry3 wrote: I found one!!! -> Josh Hunsaker

Seconded! Awesome!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 14:15:31

I was browsing through my earliest reviews, and re-discovered distortednet. I'm have to leave soon, so I won't go into an epic description, but check out his Resident Evil remix. He has a knack for making things sound polished!
He has tons more songs, too. Mostly hip-hop and techno from what I can see. Check him out.

BBS Signature
Dj-Bucci
Dj-Bucci
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 18:44:19

Heyz :), just found out about this underdog thread. Seems pretty need, check out some of my songs I make mainly DnB and Trance using fruity loops 7, pm me with your songs too and I'll check them out ;p.
Been doing this for a couple months now, pretty fun.

Sincerely,
MEH

loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 18:48:01

OMFG i'm an "underdog"....

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 18:53:36

At 1/25/08 06:48 PM, loogiesquared wrote: OMFG i'm an "underdog"....

no you are not.

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 18:57:11

Reiteration of the self-nomination rules, because you're all ignoring them.

Self nominations
Like the old Underdog List, you WILL be allowed to nominate yourself. However, to prevent this from turning into a spamfest, there are some rules to follow:

- No posting links to your songs
This isn't the Audio Advertisement thread. You can post links to your profile only, and the rest of NG will decide what songs of yours to showcase.

- Tell us about yourself

Give us a bit of history! How long have you been doing music? What programs do you use?

Also, be warned - you might not be considered an Underdog in our eyes.

Ok? Follow the rules and your self-whoring posts WON'T get deleted.
I'm thinking that we're going to have to post the rules on every single page. And if you guys don't follow them, no more self-nominations.
I understand that the newbies might not get it, but come ON, Gothclawz and Loogie! Set an example. You know how to type, so you obviously know how to read.

BBS Signature
loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 19:03:25

but i AM!
none of my songs have gotten +4 reviews
(except one a long time ago.)

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-25 19:06:43

At 1/25/08 07:03 PM, loogiesquared wrote: but i AM!
none of my songs have gotten +4 reviews
(except one a long time ago.)

Try keeping a straight face when you say you are an undiscovered, yet amazingly skilled artist. Also notice the fifth rule instead of posting a link right to your profile with no reasons why you think you are an underdog or any information about yourself at all.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 10:08:30

Well, I didn't think loogie was an underdog until I looked at the stats of some of his songs. If I were to judge him by his music, I'd consider him an underdog. It might be because he gets a lot of face time in the forums. Regardless, I didn't notice any correlation between his popularity here, and his popularity elsewhere. It seems like SBB has some thing against you. The sooner I can figure out why, the sooner I can decide whether or not to take a side here. If you guys feel like responding to this post, please do so in a PM unless it directly refers to this thread.

*Also, is it a bad thing people don't consider you an underdog loogie?

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 10:29:30

Well, I found this guy, Conian through the advertising thread. He's an under dog allright. Four tracks, little exposure, a lot to improve on though.

My primary reason for nominating him as an underdog is the hope that some of you guys check him out and leave him some help full reviews. He recently made a beta version of the Gerudo Valley song from Ocarina. He needs some appropriate feed back on that track. Really, I think if he gets some proper advice he'll improve a lot.

Another song of his is Brace Yourself. It's a "Video Game" song that as he put it is meant for a "tense battle scene." You decide. If there was anything I really liked about that track, it would have to be the potential.

Go check him out guys. Even if you don't think he's a deserving audio under dog, at least leave him a helpful review :P

dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 10:54:40

I like DaGrahamCraka's stuff. Definatley an underdog.

lol paragonx9

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 10:55:56

At 1/26/08 10:54 AM, dj-Nate wrote: I like DaGrahamCraka's stuff. Definatley an underdog.

lol paragonx9

As much as I like DaGrahamCraka's stuff... He CLEARLY is not an underdog... Sorry.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 11:47:59

At 1/26/08 10:55 AM, Envy wrote:
At 1/26/08 10:54 AM, dj-Nate wrote: I like DaGrahamCraka's stuff. Definatley an underdog.

lol paragonx9
As much as I like DaGrahamCraka's stuff... He CLEARLY is not an underdog... Sorry.

Seconded...

preffertobedead
preffertobedead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 12:21:37

So how is the list going? =\

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.
PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 12:52:56

Well I understand that DagrahamCraka's not technically an underdog, but he deserves more credit then he receives... But that's just me.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 15:26:40

So this is what kind of shit this thread spawns.

Not only have I lost all respect for the guy now, I also have an intense urge to punch him in the face.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 15:44:25

At 1/26/08 03:26 PM, SBB wrote: So this is what kind of shit this thread spawns.

Not only have I lost all respect for the guy now, I also have an intense urge to punch him in the face.

What a joke.

UnderdogList
UnderdogList
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 16:12:16

The first list has been posted!

We're still discussing how each list will look (should we have testimonials, # of votes, things like that), but the musicians and some songs are linked to. Any suggestions? What would YOU like to see?

Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 16:21:33

I don't want to nominate myself. I just want to tell y'all about me :D

I started making music about a year ago, but that was just for laughs. I try now, even if I submit songs that are half done :P I use FL and I'm from the UK...

Whoo!
BassHunter is the First Eurodance I've ever heard in the UK, and what a good first impression. I was inspired by him and made a track which is lame. WHOO!

BBS Signature
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 16:23:47

At 1/26/08 03:26 PM, SBB wrote: So this is what kind of shit this thread spawns.

What did i miss?=O

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-26 16:25:39

At 1/26/08 04:23 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:

What did i miss?=O

It was basically UltimateCyprien making a thread in the general forum, begging for people to nominate him.