00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

cursor*10

2,138 Views | 47 Replies

cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:23:02

I played cursor*10 recently, and was wondering how he/she did it. So, i looked it up on google, and found nothing. :(. It did mange to find something in one of previos flash files for mouse clicks and movement. (for movement see mouse of the future 1.), but the movement was still nothing like the game. Anyway, thanks for the last tip, gus! It fixed my problem!

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:28:02

probably just stored locations of the mouse and clicks. from there, you just replay it, using a little "cursor" MC.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:29:10

Most people don't use tutorials to make games.

He probably stores a multidimensional array of mouse positions and click states then rerenders duplicate cursors and such.

Anyway it's a stolen submission anyway, but still good.

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:33:31

At 1/21/08 08:29 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Anyway it's a stolen submission anyway, but still good.

Really?

How do you know?

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:35:23

At 1/21/08 08:33 PM, Dr34m3r wrote:
At 1/21/08 08:29 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Anyway it's a stolen submission anyway, but still good.
Really?

How do you know?

Read his author comments. If he really was japanese and bad at english, he wouldn't post "OMG" or "Oh Shi---" even if he had someone translate it for him.

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:43:38

At 1/21/08 08:35 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
Really?

How do you know?
Read his author comments. If he really was japanese and bad at english, he wouldn't post "OMG" or "Oh Shi---" even if he had someone translate it for him.

Hmm... I just checked cursor*10 again just now, and it's been updated with the Armor Games intro and a slightly different font. And yes, his grammar and spelling have improved (I believe the original said to "cooperate with oneself" rather than "yourself"...

He could have stolen it, but how could he get the updated version of the game with the AG intro? All of the other sites I see when I type "cursor*10" into Google reveal the original version...

unless you're suggesting that this TokyoExplosions knows Flash well enough to edit things...

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-21 20:52:54

His posts also lead you to believe that he has absolutely no problem with his English, and is just one of many other reasons that we could be lead to believe that he has stolen it.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-22 11:55:06

alright, I see what you mean, but my question is, what is the AS for it? If I could get that, I could see how it is done, and hopefully make games like it. (Private games of course, because if I released them to the public, and they remotly resembled cursor*10, then I would probably be banned.)

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-22 11:57:27

Oh, and thwe search I did in google was (without the quotes) "track mouse movement flash"

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-22 12:46:01

As they said above me, it's not hard and if you'd know some basics of ActionScript you'd have no trouble with this.
You can do something like this when you want to store the mouse movement:

var mouseXY:Array = new Array();
onEnterFrame = function():Void {
mouseXY.push({x:_xmouse,y:_ymouse});
}

And when you want to recap it:

var i:Number = 0;
onEnterFrame=function():Void {
mouseMC._x = mouseXY[i].x;
mouseMC._y = mouseXY[i++].y;
}

That should work.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 11:58:21

Ty! It worked! Thanks so much!!!

So, i'm guessing to make multiple cursors it would go something like this?:

var i:Number = 0;
var i:Number = 1;
var i:Number = 2;

But, what about clicking? Again, i'm guessing change push to something else? Not sure what though.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 12:00:43

or is it as simple as adding more frames (for multiple cursors)

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 12:08:07

At 1/21/08 08:52 PM, El-Presidente wrote: His posts also lead you to believe that he has absolutely no problem with his English, and is just one of many other reasons that we could be lead to believe that he has stolen it.

I dont think he's stolen it as he updated the source, unless he went to the trouble of decompiling it which is a possibility. If you find it somewhere else then we can prove it :)

At 1/21/08 08:35 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
Really?

How do you know?

Too much information. That's the problem with you flash regulars who want to stay as top-dogs. You over-complicate explanations and say how you'd do it in more detail then is required, to scare off potential "rivals" of course.

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 12:20:11

meh.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 12:21:14

The game is definatley stolen. I had my suspicions straight away as I played the game when it first came onto the web which was a few weeks before the NG submission. His author's comments made me more suspicious. So I e-mailed the creator of the game through the NEKOGAMES website and asked him did he submit it. He replyed saying (not word for word) that it wasn't he who submitted but it wasn't a big deal and that loads of sites host his games without permission. I responded telling him that someone else is actually taking credit for it. He is yet to respond to that. I just viewed the game again and noticed that the 'thief' has added Armor Games intro and links in the menu, which means he is putting Armor Games in serious risk of a lawsuit.

So how did he get hold of the source .fla to add the Armor Games intro?

Decompiled ofcourse.

Proof?

See the pick below. Left side is the fake and the right side is the genuine game.
Notice the gaps between some of the letters in the text?
Something that commonly happens when you open a decompiled .fla file that uses a font you do not have on your computer.

This guy is a disgrace to NG. ?

EXPOSE HIM!!!

cursor*10

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 12:31:27

http://tokyoexplosion.newgrounds.com/rev iews/flash

Lawl. Since when do japanese have english essays? D:

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 12:53:01

well, the first thing you have to do when you want to go to this country is get a green card. Next, you have to learn english. (Which requires a tutor, thus, an essay.) But about the game, i'm thinking armorgames isn't going to get sued. I mean, why would someone want to do that?

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 13:02:01

At 1/23/08 12:53 PM, egg82 wrote: well, the first thing you have to do when you want to go to this country is get a green card. Next, you have to learn english. (Which requires a tutor, thus, an essay.) But about the game, i'm thinking armorgames isn't going to get sued. I mean, why would someone want to do that?

There are no 'ifs' or 'buts' about this. I am 100% certain that this game is stolen.

Armor Games have their intro on this game without the creaters permission. The game is copyrighted material. Although the fact that the game is stolen is a mystery to them, they should of done their research. What they've done is illegal however 'innocent' they might be. Therefore they are liable to be sued by the game maker. Hopefully the real game maker will see that the wool was pulled over AG's eyes and not take any action against them.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 13:18:22

That's what I said.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 13:33:03

At 1/23/08 01:18 PM, egg82 wrote: That's what I said.

Actually it was nothing like what you said.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 13:42:37

well, it's what I meant to say...

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 13:58:54

Even if this game was stolen or not, what bugs me is that,
It was just a regular game that passed by underratted. Then it won underdog of the week. All of sudden everyone was playing it, and in just a few short days, it became to most overrated piece of work on Newgrounds.

It's a decent game, maybe deserving anywhere from 3.30-3.60
But never did it deserve the 4.50 or whatever it was at.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 14:02:09

At 1/23/08 01:02 PM, Jay-Cee wrote: Armor Games have their intro on this game without the creaters permission. The game is copyrighted material. Although the fact that the game is stolen is a mystery to them, they should of done their research. What they've done is illegal however 'innocent' they might be. Therefore they are liable to be sued by the game maker. Hopefully the real game maker will see that the wool was pulled over AG's eyes and not take any action against them.

Legally, I'm not sure whether they're liable for purchasing an advertising space just because they weren't aware that the person offering it had no right to sell it. It's taken well over a day and a half for someone to provide solid evidence of decompiling here.

Let's not forget who the asshole in this scenario is.

Anyway, back to the matter of hand - you could achieve the effect by using a series of multi-dimensional or object-containing arrays.

Of the top of my head:

import flash.events.Event;
import flash.geom.Point;

var i:uint;
var j:uint;
var k:uint;
var levels:uint = 10;
var curlevel:uint = 1;

stage.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, updateFrame);
for(i = 1; i <= levels; i ++)
this["run" + i] = new Array();

function updateFrame(ev:Event):void{
  this["run" + curlevel][k] = new Point(mouseX, mouseY);
  for(i = 1; i < curlevel; i ++)
  if(this["run" + i][k] != undefined){
    addCursor(this["run" + i][k].x, this["run" + i][k].y);
  };
  else{
    addCursor(this["run" + i][this["run" + i].length].x, this["run" + i][this["run" + i].length].y); 
  };
  k ++;
};
function endLevel():void{
  if(curlevel == levels){
    // end game 
  };
  else{
    levels ++;
  };
};
function addCursor():void{
  // add your cursor graphics.  I can't be arsed typing out this bit.
};

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 14:25:25

this thread is about how the game may have been made from a coding standpooint.... not really wether it was stolen or not... can we stick to the topic.... if you think its stolen go complain to wade. Theres nothing here that can be done about it ...

None

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 15:01:06

At 1/23/08 02:02 PM, Paranoia wrote:

Funny - for some reason I forgot push() existed :P

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 15:54:40

I tried to run it straight off, to see what would happen without a cursor image, and it came up with several error messages, not about the cursor. Anyway, here is the message I got,

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 4: The class or interface 'uint' could not be loaded.
     var i:uint;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 5: The class or interface 'uint' could not be loaded.
     var j:uint;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 6: The class or interface 'uint' could not be loaded.
     var k:uint;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 7: The class or interface 'uint' could not be loaded.
     var levels:uint = 10;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 8: The class or interface 'uint' could not be loaded.
     var curlevel:uint = 1;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 14: The class or interface 'flash.events.Event' could not be loaded.
     function updateFrame(ev:Event):void{

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 20: 'else' encountered without matching 'if'
       else{

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 25: A type identifier is expected after the ':'.
     function endLevel():void{

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 29: 'else' encountered without matching 'if'
       else{

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 33: A type identifier is expected after the ':'.
     function addCursor():void{

Total ActionScript Errors: 10 	 Reported Errors: 10

Anyway, i'm running flash 8. Would that be a problem? I have no idea what this code means. If I could figure it out, mabe I could get it to work.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 16:05:19

At 1/23/08 03:54 PM, egg82 wrote: Anyway, i'm running flash 8. Would that be a problem?

yes, his code is written in AS3 which flash 8 doesn't support

I have no idea what this code means.

then you really shouldn't be doing this sort of thing yet :P

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 16:05:37

oh, uh, and like it says, you foorgot an if( statement. Is this all supposed to go in an onEnterFrame event?

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 16:07:19

well, i can understand some of it. No wonder. I haven't learned AS 3 yet.

BBS Signature

Response to cursor*10 2008-01-23 16:17:52

Has anyone PMed Tom?

I feel seriously betrayed. We voted it up to top of all time and it was stolen. And the guy had the cheek to get it sponsored.

I hope he gets in serious trouble for this

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com